Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinestan
Loc: Sydney Australia
Changing drug laws
    #723718 - 07/04/02 09:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I was thinking about how i would change the drug laws if i were able to. It brings to the for the issue of whether people should be protected from themselves. There are drugs like heroin which obviously causes major problems not just to the user but to those around them.

What drug laws (if any) would you change keeping in mind that society still has to function?

--------------------
There is always a need for intoxication: China has
opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
Andr? Malraux

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Changing drug laws [Re: stan]
    #724645 - 07/05/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Change them? Repeal them all is more like it.

Invisiblemerk227
Good ByeShroomery
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: stan]
    #728285 - 07/07/02 03:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
I'm done with drugs and growing mushrooms forever, or at least until the current drug laws change, its not worth the risk to me. Thank you for your information that you have provided me shroomery, but I will not be using it. Thanks Moe for deleting my posts, Good bye all, and have great lives. -merk227

Offlinehtownkid28
pimpin' ain'teasy

Loc: in hell! aahhh!!!!!
Re: Changing drug laws [Re: merk227]
    #729439 - 07/07/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i agree with merk. why should the government care how i choose to harm myself. it's my body, dont i have the right to abuse it however i want? i mean, the way the law stands at the moment its okay to get tanked up on liquor and destroy your liver. or you can smoke all the tobacco you want and get lung cancer. its hypocritical.

--------------------
"in your pockets with red hot rockets!"

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

Offlinemeathead579
Loc: My house
    #730373 - 07/07/02 10:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

To a certain extent, I believe all drugs should at least be decriminalized, BUT...the highly addictive, highly harmful drugs such as Crack, Heroin, Cocaine, and 1 or 2 others should be HIGHLY regulated. I dont really have any idea how, but for everyones health, we dont need a bunch of crackheads and smack addicts not coming in to work, or coming in to work loaded, stealing to support habits, etc. I also believe that if you can grow it, it should be outright legal. Its nature for chissakes. I guess thats why the only drugs I partake of are...natural.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Changing drug laws [Re: meathead579]
    #736105 - 07/10/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Changing drug laws [Re: Rono]
    #736559 - 07/10/02 10:54 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

another good video..

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #736657 - 07/10/02 11:40 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would permanently repeal all prohibition laws and all narcotics would be sold tax free in government run liquor/drug stores, all over the counter with no signature required. Age limit would be lowered to kept at 21 for all intoxicating drugs and liquors. I would lower the beer age to 17. The storeswould sell the public government grown g-13 28%thc mj for 2.00 per pack of 20 joints, joints would include a filter to reduce tar just as cigerettes do now. Cubenesis mushroom prices would be set at 5 dollars per quarter ounce. Codeine would be priced at 5 dollars per bottle of 100 100mg tablets. Cocaine prices would be set at 15 dollars per ounce and all other drugs would be sold in government run 'drug/liquor stores' at prices the free market would dictate.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Changing drug laws [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #736666 - 07/10/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would also retain the office of the 'Drug Czar' but would change the responsibilities of the office to research and development projects to raise the thc level of mj while making it grow and mature faster in all indoor and outdoor environments. Responsibilities would also include smoking up the press corp before my presidential interviews with the media. Then the reporters would all be like 'Hey Mr President, that necktie you're wearing so soooo tripppy man.' My PR would be a piece of cake with all the reporters wasted and high and not giving a flying f$&*.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#751226 - 07/16/02 02:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would legalize them, but for drugs that cannot be used safely, I would make it illegal for them to be sold or traded for goods/services.

There's not a lot of people who are going to run out and try heroin if there isn't a pusher trying to make money off it.

Offlinegreypoe
addict
Re: Changing drug laws [Re: djfrog]
    #758976 - 07/19/02 10:36 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Why sit around talking about how you would change them, why not take the first step in helping change them.

Write a congress member.

Educate the public by:
passing out flyers
Holding up a sign
Talking to pastors
Creating a Flyer (these are in demand)
Producing a product to sell in aid of the war
Petitioning
Oh yeah, and Voting

You can make a difference, you just gotta stand up and stand out.

--------------------

Edited by greypoe (07/19/02 10:38 AM)

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
Re: Changing drug laws [Re: djfrog]
    #760238 - 07/19/02 08:16 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Djfrog, just when I thought it was safe to get online and talk with reasonable people; you kick me in the head with that "not all drugs should be legal" crap.

I'll keep this as brief as my annoyance will allow. (yes, I can be brief).

One more time; ALL DRUGS SHOULD BE COMPLETELY LEGAL. To be regulated in the same vein as alcohol and tobacco products.

I base this stance on the one thing that, even on a web board dedicated to ethnobotanicals, I can't seem to get through YOUR THICK HEADS. NO one has the right to live my life for me; NOONE. Not you, not the government, not the church down the street, not my wife, not my kids, not my parents, not my grandparents; NO ONE. GET IT???

I owe the allegiance of my life to myself, and only myself, this simple concept is "INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY". Just because something may or may NOT, cause me harm is NOT in itself sufficient reason to limit my access or use of it.

What in the hell is so hard to understand about this; you aren't from Britain are you? I can understand how a Brit may not be able to reconcile their historical past with the concept of individual liberty, but I fail to see where that should apply to a citizen of the U.S. Perhaps you just spoke up without clearly thinking, I do this sometimes. Or, and this is what prompted my reply, perhaps you DID think before you posted; this is what scares me the most.

It is this concept, that the government can limit the individual liberty of a person, on the basis of doing harm to NO ONE but THEMSELVES. How do you reconcile making an ADULTS life choice for them, based only on the possibility that they MAY harm themselves? Where does it stop? Tobacco certainly causes harm, overeating causes harm, alcohol causes harm, swimming without sunscreen causes harm, lying to woman to get in her pants causes harm; how many of these things do you need to be illegal before you get the hell out of my life?

Do not think that my examples are ridiculous; they are not. What they are are simple examples of making illegal ANYTHING that a certain group says causes, or MAY cause, harm. This abberation of the concerned is just an excuse to make others live life according to the rules of a few. And before you give me that bull shit argument about "the children", let me tell you, I have none and I don't give a shit about yours. If you don't want them to do drugs then I suggest that you find a way to monitor their activitys. Further, if you don't want drugs available on the streets, for "the children" to get hooked on; THEN MAKE DRUGS LEGAL and dispense them to ADULTS in a manner similar to the dispensing of alcohol or tobacco.

If I sound harsh; so be it. If I can't convince someone that smokes weed or eats shrooms that it is not DRUGS that cause problems then I am afraid that I will die in a country that is not fit to exist.

Drugs are NOT the problem, drugs, for some, are an escape for underlying social, psychological difficultys. For other's, drugs enhance creativity, for other's it alters the mood of the user to better enjoy a day of fishing, or golf (yuck), or mowing the damn lawn.

Who are you to tell me that simply because I MIGHT be harmed, that I should be declared INCOMPETENT to live my own life?
(Don't mis-interpret this as a personal attack; you are simply the last in a frightening long list of people that support one drug and then declare other drugs should be illegal).

If you can; support your position. If you can't, then perhaps you should reconsider your postition.

Offlinemadscientist
journeyman
Re: Changing drug laws [Re: mr freedom]
    #760841 - 07/20/02 03:04 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree that all drugs should be legal. Even heroin. Here in the UK the gov has just downgraded marijuana to class C, which means you cant *really* be arrested for possetion. Its a small step but in the right direction.

As for people who say 'what about the children', fuck the children. The gov takes a huge slice out of my paycheck each week to waste on 'educating' other peoples children. If you have kids and are worried about them then for fucks sake look after them and discipline the whining little cunts.

--------------------
Instead of the dove as the symbol of peace we should have a pillow. Its got more feathers but doesnt have that nasty sharp beak......

Anonymous

#760851 - 07/20/02 03:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Make them illegal? What business is it of YOURS what I do, read, see, or take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? None of your fuckin business. Bills Hicks said that...

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #765584 - 07/21/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you wanna make a difference, dont just waste time with the fucking government. Doing something that will really make a difference. Sure millions of letters over a very long period of time might do something, but there are better forms of protest. Grow illegal plants on public property, such as parks, stadiums, government buildings, forests, everywhere. Once pot, opium and other easily grown plants that are currently illegal to grow, are everywhere, the sorry as pigs wont be able to do anything. Right messages on dollar bills. Every congressman in the US has received letters about drug legalization. Instead, tell the people what they can do. Refer websites, and suggest ideas. This is the way to bring on a peaceful revolution, and change all the bullshit the Pigland Empire feeds to the kids.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Changing drug laws [Re: Remy]
    #765678 - 07/21/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have planted pot in public parks. I don't know if it was busted or ripped off, but I never got any bud. It's a waste of time unless it's really isolated and no on and I do mean no one including hunters go there and it can still be spotted from a helicopter so don't plant a fricken field, just a few isolated ladie plants on a few acres.

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Re: Changing drug laws [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #765774 - 07/21/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The idea is not get a crop, but rather "naturalize" pot. Once the plant itself is growing everywhere one its own there is not much the pigs can do. Once the government is unable to control the drug "problem", the war is almost won.

Offlinelicentious
CondescendingDickhead

Re: Changing drug laws [Re: Remy]
    #768280 - 07/22/02 04:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There already is naturalized pot in many places in the United States. It is usually referred to as ditchweed or feral hemp. Over time a stand will grow less and less potent until its good for little more than a headache. You're fighting a lost cause.

Also, having more pot growing in wild and stupid places will only bolster eradication efforts, and give law enforcement bigger burning piles of pot (which look really good for the newspapers).

This is certainly not an effective way to handle this issue.

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
Re: Changing drug laws [Re: licentious]
    #768721 - 07/22/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Uh, everyone who thinks a cop can tell the difference, by looking, between ditch weed and primo, raise their hand.

We WANT the government agencies to increase irradication efforts. If they are out burning useless crap then they aren't looking for us.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Re: Changing drug laws [Re: licentious]
    #769668 - 07/23/02 05:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

There already is naturalized pot in many places in the United States. It is usually referred to as ditchweed or feral hemp. Over time a stand will grow less and less potent until its good for little more than a headache. You're fighting a lost cause.

Actually, A lot of this so called "ditchweed" is very potent. Tests showed that THC content was anywhere from almost nothing to a whopping 14%. Read "Marijuana Chemistry" for the exact tests and results. Also, much of the naturlized cannabis grows in rural areas. If cannabis was growing like common weeds, that are everywhere, than eradication efforts would be nearly impossible. The government wouldn't even be able to prosecute for outdoor growth, because anyone could argue that it was "feral hemp". Opium poppies grow and spread like mad. The point is to make easily grown "weeds" and flowers so out of hand that the government would have no control over them. They would be forced to give up, and if they didn't, they would be spending so much time and money on useless eradication efforts, that growing indoors, and possesion would become much easier to get away with.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals