Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Loc: Never Land
Monotub Time Question
    #7652959 - 11/18/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have two 15 gallon monotubs that are almost ready to use, they 6 quarts of rye each that are going to be spawned to 1 brick of coir. I have 12 jars almost done colonizing, but I am leaving on december 19 and I won't get back until the 31st. So what I wanna do is harvest right before I leave so I can get back just in time for the second flush. What can I do to speed this up, use no casing layer maybe, or will that make things more complicated? I'm guessing that I will spawn the rye to the coir in about 5 days. Is three weeks enough time for the coir to colonize and then fruit? The strains are golden teacher and z strain so they are both fast colonizers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGlacier Creek
The Chef
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Monotub Time Question [Re: Caribou_Lou]
    #7653013 - 11/18/07 10:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Thats going to be be close, but using so much spawn to bulk is going to speed things up quite a bit. Not using a casing us going to require you to raise your Relative humidity or RH up to at least 90% which is tough to do in a mono-tub. I would just case, and then fruit. You may have to harvest some imature mushies the first flush, but you should do alright.

--------------------

Google "Earthly Info" to find my mushroom recipes. #1 baby.. yeah...

WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.  (message 2345433)

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Monotub Time Question [Re: Glacier Creek]
    #7653472 - 11/19/07 03:43 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

And if not you'll come back home to a spory mess and huge monsters

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: Monotub Time Question [Re: Nibin]
    #7653619 - 11/19/07 06:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Dunno, coir works a lot better for humidity in a monotub, IME. The substrate and even what's left when the myc tends to thin out is absorptive. Fruiting without casing works well.

That said, I would wait and see how your colonization does. I have about 8 jars colonizing 5-10 gallons of coir and it's taken way longer than I would've thought. If on about the 1st it's not colonized, I'd wait to initiate fruiting until heading out the door.

It's also worth noting that if you pick your first flush before leaving you'll have another crapping spores everywhere and rotting by the time you return. Ew.

OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Re: Monotub Time Question [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7653689 - 11/19/07 07:15 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It's okay if I have to harvest early, I'm grinding all the shrooms into powder and then making a couple ounces worth of gelcaps to bring home to my friends :smile: But you think if I harvest on december 18th then when I get back on the first some of the shrooms will be rotten? I don't care about the spores, I like them to be as flat as possible since I grind them up anyway.

OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

#7653723 - 11/19/07 07:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Caribou_Lou said:
It's okay if I have to harvest early, I'm grinding all the shrooms into powder and then making a couple ounces worth of gelcaps to bring home to my friends :smile: But you think if I harvest on december 18th then when I get back on the first some of the shrooms will be rotten? I don't care about the spores, I like them to be as flat as possible since I grind them up anyway.

Wouldn't a sporey mess screw up the subsequent flushes, also if you harvest on the 18th and leave on the 19th would you have time to dry a couple ounces and gelcap them? might want to shoot for an earlier date,

I think its do-able, just overkill the rye to coir mix a little to speed up the colonization, and make sure its in premo conditions, my monotubs did lousy till i put a fan next to them, they weren't getting enough FAE. But once i moved a fan next to them, they did great. So go figure, good conditions yields good results, who'd have thunk it.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

InvisibleGlacier Creek
The Chef
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Monotub Time Question [Re: LVL12]
    #7653755 - 11/19/07 07:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Is it possible to fruit uncased rye to coir in a mono tub without added humidity? I wanted to try this but I can only get my RH up to about 80 in a empty tub with a bubble stone. I figured the RH was just too low. Anyone tried this?

--------------------

Google "Earthly Info" to find my mushroom recipes. #1 baby.. yeah...

WARNING: All messages posted under this profile
are actually algorithmicly generated by an AI computer program.  No truth or actual events are being generated, and as a result cannot be investigated for thier validity.  (message 2345433)

OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Re: Monotub Time Question [Re: Glacier Creek]
    #7653766 - 11/19/07 07:49 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I have a fan and everything, I think maybe I will use a little less than the full brick of coir.

If you don't want to case you can put wax paper on top of the substrate to keep the humidity high enough.

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

#7653821 - 11/19/07 08:21 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Point is, even if he harvests early, or gets an early first flush, the second will pollute the grow by either rotting or at least dumping spores everywhere and stunting the rest.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract