Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleelbisivni
Illegal Immigrants
    #7652223 - 11/18/07 07:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Wondering what some of our stances are on the issue.

Do you think measures should be taken to deport every last one of them? How might such measures work?

Do you think they should be allowed to stay? How could they be integrated effectively? Should they be given temporary work licenses and offered drivers licenses?

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: elbisivni]
    #7652280 - 11/18/07 07:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I certainly think we should take measures to secure our borders, but I also feel that it's impractical to deport them all. I think businesses who hire them should be held accountable, but I also think we should have some sort of guest worker program. I guess I'm not quite sure what needs to be done, but I'm pretty sure the extremists on both sides are full of shit(as tends to happen with extremism).

--------------------

InvisibleConservationist
Stranger
Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: Silversoul]
    #7652396 - 11/18/07 07:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

What about scaring them away by depriving them of jobs and welfare?

--------------------

Invisiblealphabeatu
Sire
Male
    #7653037 - 11/18/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

invade mexico or cuba or where ever the fuk they come from

send your jail crack/ice heads there for rehabilitation in the sun

--------------------

i need names and addresses of narc members

pm for details

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: alphabeatu]
    #7653466 - 11/19/07 03:35 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

> Do you think measures should be taken to deport every last one of them?

Yes, including their children that were born here.

> How might such measures work?

Start by tossing the people that hire them into jail. Next, for every illegal deported allow one person that has been waiting in line legal entry into the country.

> Do you think they should be allowed to stay?

No. Do you think I should be allowed to live in your home because it is nicer than where I currently live even though you don't want me there?

> How could they be integrated effectively?

By not integrating them at all. Illegal aliens should be returned to sender.

> Should they be given temporary work licenses and offered drivers licenses?

No.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #7653475 - 11/19/07 03:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I say let them stay if they're working and earning an honest living. But make them learn english! :mad:

Invisiblealphabeatu
Sire
Male
Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: Le_Canard]
    #7653495 - 11/19/07 03:57 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

both are impossible

--------------------

i need names and addresses of narc members

pm for details

InvisibleDieCommie

#7653785 - 11/19/07 08:00 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think a huge majority should, and could, be deported.

I am also strongly against the so called 'guest worker' program. Yes, america does have jobs that need filled that native borns wont do. But why do we need foreign guest workers for that? There are many millions of people out in the world who would gladly give up their national identity, take on ours and assimilate into our culture who can do the work. Lets not bring in foreigners who only want the money to do the labor, lets bring in immigrants who want to come here to stay. Lets bring in people who want to grow roots here and gain a vested interest in the state of our nation. Those are the kinds of immigrants who make us strong. Guest workers do not do that.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #7653908 - 11/19/07 08:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think all legal immigration should also be stopped temporally for about 2 years.....as we clean up the mess that Congress has made for us over the last twenty years....when the system is revamped, allow the flow to continue.

I am all for deportation.....but logistically is it possible? What about the American citizens borne from illegals? No parents needed?
The 14th amendment makes it so......in the age of amending the Constitution how the fuck was this overlooked?

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: Seuss]
    #7654026 - 11/19/07 09:44 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Start by tossing the people that hire them into jail. Next, for every illegal deported allow one person that has been waiting in line legal entry into the country.

Oooh, what a great idea! :thumbup:

It has the benefit of allowing greater LEGAL immigration numbers, doesn't deplete the workforce, and encourages potential immigrants to get in line like everybody else. I like!

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#7654127 - 11/19/07 10:21 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

We need to start by getting control of our borders. You cannot control immigration until you control the border. Secondly, as Seuss suggested begin seriously cracking down on companies which hire them. Turn off the magnet and they will stop coming.

This is our last best chance to stop it. In a few years from now there will be so many of them that both parties will be unable to resist pandering to them for their votes and slave..er cheap labor. This process has clearly already begun. Just look at Eliot Spitzer's recent effort to give illegals drivers licenses in New York state.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #7654136 - 11/19/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

For the record, I also support BrAiN's hamster wheel idea.

--------------------

Edited by Silversoul (11/19/07 05:34 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: Silversoul]
    #7655156 - 11/19/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

1. Lawbreakers out and go to the back of the line. Some of them can fuck off entirely.
2. Increase quotas. A lot.
3. Fire every single current INS bureaucrat. You cannot fine employers who can't get a fucking answer within a few days on whether a soc sec # closely resembles the person presenting it or whether it is even an active #. I'm sick and tired of hearing these unionized incompetent turdswallowers tell me they can't do that simple thing. They are a BIG part of the problem. If you don't believe me just consider that these are the same kind of defectives manning the DMV offices in every state of the union. Enough said.
4. No more taxpayer funded notices of any kind written in any language other than English. No free translators. No nothing. If a manufacturer wants to put 5 languages in his instruction book, fine. Government? Not fine. We are welcoming to people who want to become Americans (spare me the "No you mean USians, it's puerile). Those who don't, can fucking go back where they came from. They can have their restaurants and social clubs but there should be zero accommodation made for them outside of English classes. I'm willing to spring for that. If you don't attend or demonstrate proficiency in a reasonable amount of time....OUT.
5. Anchor babies are a disaster because of the Constitution. But no consideration should be made for their parents. At all. They can take their brats with them when they are deported or they can leave them. That's it. I'd rather keep the babies and raise them as a Americans than let their parents raise them as an expat whatever with skewed allegiances.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7655214 - 11/19/07 03:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

3. Fire every single current INS bureaucrat... If you don't believe me just consider that these are the same kind of defectives manning the DMV offices in every state of the union. Enough said.
---

I didn't realize it was THAT bad!

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: johnm214]
    #7655945 - 11/19/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i'm telling you.... giant farms of human sized hamster balls + lots of illegal immigrants = solution to energy crisis and greencards for people that have already shown they can run long distances :wink:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: BrAiN]
    #7656104 - 11/19/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

With all of the beans you would need to feed them wouldn't that drastically increase methane levels? Methane is a much more deleterious green house gas than CO2.

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #7656246 - 11/19/07 06:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Just the INS should be booted?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11192007/news/nationalnews/a_new_jihad_jane_725026.htm

A NEW 'JIHAD JANE'
SHE'S MARINE OFFICER
By JEANE MacINTOSH

November 19, 2007 -- The illegal immigrant with Hezbollah ties who faked a marriage to get U.S. citizenship, and then landed jobs as a top-level federal agent, has a former sister-in-law who pulled the same scam and is now a Marine officer, The Post has learned.

Commissioned Officer Samar Khalil Nabbou Spinelli married the brother of the sham first husband of disgraced former FBI and covert-ops CIA agent Nada Prouty, according to a tangled trail of public records.

The Lebanese women, who came to the United States on nonimmigrant visas, wed Michigan brothers Christopher and Jean Paul Deladurantaye in 1990, records show.

Prouty, who pleaded guilty last week to conspiracy and immigration-fraud charges, admitted in Detroit federal court that she never lived with or consummated her relationship with Chris Deladurantaye, and married him just to obtain citizenship.

A source close to the brothers told The Post both men agreed to the deal.

Spinelli and Prouty lived with Prouty's sister, Elfat El Aouar, during the time they claimed to be married, while their husbands lived elsewhere, according to public records.

Records show once their naturalization was finalized, the women filed for divorce - and went on to federal jobs.

Prouty later married Gordon Prouty.

Spinelli enlisted in the Marine in 1990 and rose to the rank of commissioned officer, which required US citizenship.

Nada Prouty used Spinelli, who is now remarried to a Marine, as a reference when she applied for an FBI job in 1997.

In court last week, Nada Prouty, who had been indicted earlier in the month, admitted she duped the FBI and CIA with her ill-gotten citizenship papers.

Spinelli - along with Nada Prouty's sister and her Hezbollah-connected husband, Talil Kahil Chahine - was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the feds' case against Nada Prouty.

She's the only named co-conspirator who is a military officer.

As part of her plea, Nada Prouty admitted she conspired with the others to defraud the government of the "valuable benefits of citizenship," including government jobs, security clearances and "U.S. military commissions."

Newsweek reported that as part of her plea, she'll have to answer questions about her sister and brother-in-law while wired to a lie-detector machine.

Spinelli, now stationed in Japan, could not be reached for comment.

A Marine spokesman did not respond to a detailed request for comment.

Additional reporting by Liz Kelley

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #7656335 - 11/19/07 07:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
Just the INS should be booted?

They're are a good start.

--------------------

Edited by zappaisgod (11/19/07 07:05 PM)

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
    #7656440 - 11/19/07 07:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
With all of the beans you would need to feed them wouldn't that drastically increase methane levels? Methane is a much more deleterious green house gas than CO2.

Insted of hamster wheels they'd have to be more like hamster balls then... with tubes to pump the methane outside our atmosphere

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Illegal Immigrants [Re: BrAiN]
    #7656516 - 11/19/07 07:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

METHANE HARVEST! Excellent methodology. We can hook them up with little piped diapers (say that out loud 3 times, but not with anyone else around). Each hamster wheel (beaner wheel?) can have one of those little flames too, to burn off the excess and measure their level of effort to make sure that they're up to snuff. This can only get better. Any photoshop engineers out there?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom