Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLSD_SNORTER6
enthusiast

Loc: United states North eas...
saw Dust?
    #765181 - 07/21/02 06:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was wondering if i could use this as a substrate Sawdust, Bread Crumbs, Potato spuds and water. This is my first growing. I wanted to try somthing new and do a grow log so sombody could tell me what i did wrong so i dont get discouraged and dont try again. So i was thinking that i could try this and i can vary with others to see how effective this was. Does anyone have any knowledge that this wont work or its not a good idea?

--------------------
"But the only thing that worried me was the ether. There is nothing more irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we would be getting into that rotten stuff sooner or later."-RAOUL DUKE

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: saw Dust? [Re: LSD_SNORTER6]
    #765243 - 07/21/02 06:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'd like it if PF would come up off of some of his origional experiments, all the shit he tried that didn't work.

I don't think anybody here is going to be able to tell you for sure how it would work. All I can say is after you grow with a standardized tek you will know alot more stuff that can't be described over the internet. Texture is the first thing that comes to mind. It needs to be airy enough, but not too dry.

I don't thing the sawdust would provide any nutrients for a cubensis but might help with the texture.

Even if it did work, i don't think it would be a real improvement over the BRF cakes. Can you not get brown rice or vermiculite?

I think the best two discoveries I've read about here in the last few months have been the dry tek, which, for me, produced dense cakes that didn't fruit as well as my regular cakes, and the cereal water liquid mycelium mix. which aparently works about as well as dextrose, and better than the honey tek.

--------------------

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
Re: saw Dust? [Re: LSD_SNORTER6]
    #781446 - 07/28/02 06:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

An experiment that might have better results would be to replace half of the verm ratio with sawdust..... might hold water well.....might turn to muck...watch the h20 amounts and try different variations.

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation