Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Bush gets his way.
    #764500 - 07/21/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Bush cried and cried and after everything was said and done the UN agreed to give one years immunity for US soldiers in the world court...

I think its funny when Bush claims that hes doing this for the soldiers and hes protecting them from a court outside of the US spectrum when really soldiers arent often tried, its the top brass and even the president himself that gets tried for the crimes.

Anyway, Ill sleep better knowing that Bush will get away with genocide and other crimes against humanity for the next year. I feel better about my country knowing that Americans killing babies and destroying entire villages can do so without reprive.
It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling of comfort to know that weve now got a one year window of opourtunity to invaide Iraq and "by any means necissary, remove Sadam Hussain from power" (George Bush). It gives me great pride knowing that the US is the only nation to drop the big one on civilians to protect their own troops and that we can now do it again without all that messy court stuff.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegodsdumpster
Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #764514 - 07/21/02 11:32 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well if i recall bushieys way was full imunity all the time. Forever. What he got was a year long supension on investigations of previos incedents. Comprimise you know. Fuck bush. Stop misinformation.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #764681 - 07/21/02 01:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Anyway, Ill sleep better knowing that Bush will get away with genocide and other crimes against humanity for the next year.

I wasn't aware Bush commited genocide or crimes against humanity.

In reply to:

I feel better about my country knowing that Americans killing babies and destroying entire villages can do so without reprive.

Could you perhaps be just a little more dramatic?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #765102 - 07/21/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>>I wasn't aware Bush commited genocide or crimes against humanity. <<<

Bush administration and the CIA is under investigation by the rest of the world for the slaughter of thousands of Afghan citizens, its not well publicised buy its true.
Only thing is that without us being involved in the world court nothing can be done short of someone wageing war on the US and sending their military over.

>>>Could you perhaps be just a little more dramatic? <<<

Yes. Yes I could.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #765106 - 07/21/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

wow..you sure are worked up...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #766205 - 07/21/02 10:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Worked up and rather silly.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleWhite_Widow
Lost fairy

Loc: Sweet Old Europe
Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #766217 - 07/21/02 11:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What's silly about that?
I can't understand... Get your bits of information!!!
We've seen all this being done many other times in the last 40 years...

But all we need is another double cheeseburger... yeah...

--------------------
"Love is the law; love under will..."

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: White_Widow]
    #766597 - 07/22/02 05:40 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Personally I'm baffled at how George Bush could even ASK for immunity from the world court. If you have commited a crime against humanity you should pay...simple. Why should the U.S. be any different?...just because you are powerful? I call bullshit...with great power comes great reponsibility, and the U.S. is pissing off alot of countries with this "holier than thou bullshit." How much longer do you think the rest of the world is going to put up with it?...I'm wagering not for much longer.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

#766710 - 07/22/02 06:33 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In the begining they were telling everybody about how precision bombing, and after all these villiges getting bombed, and not much else to bomb they say that it might not have been as "precise" as stated.

OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: Anonymous]
    #766851 - 07/22/02 07:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I feel for the innocents in Afghan that died. But genocide? Not even close. Bush is a big pussy, both of em, and not very smart at that. But why do soldiers need immunity? I thought it was the ones who gave the orders who got in trouble. And good lord, baby killing? Yeah, I bet they have contests to see who can kill the most babies and rape the most women in an hour. Evil soldiers! Actually I know two marines who went over there and they barely saw any action each.

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

Anonymous

Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: Rono]
    #766944 - 07/22/02 08:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

How much longer do you think the rest of the world is going to put up with it?...I'm wagering not for much longer.
I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but what do you think 'the rest of the world' will do? Will they attack the U.S.? Will they capture some U.S. army personnel and put them on trial? If so, how will they respond when U.S. Special Forces come in and rescue them?

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: ]
    #767007 - 07/22/02 08:43 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

but what do you think 'the rest of the world' will do?

This is exactly the type of thinking that I find very dangerous...the belief that the U.S. is all-powerful. Despite the fact that yes, the U.S. is far and away the most powerful nation on earth right now, history has showed over and over that empires rise and fall and to think that America will always be the biggest, baddest bully on the block would be foolish.

for example..China probably would give the U.S. a good run for it's money by itself, just from the sheer volume of people it has in it's military...nevermind it's nuclear capabilities. Why do think that the U.S. is avoiding any kind of conflct with them?...they are sleeping a giant and the U.S. government knows it. What chance do you think the almighty U.S. Special forces have against overwhelming numbers?...I would have to say zero to none.

--------------------

Anonymous

#767287 - 07/22/02 10:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is exactly the type of thinking that I find very dangerous...the belief that the U.S. is all-powerful.
Rono, I prefaced my statement with "I'm not trying to be antagonistic" and I meant it. I was in no way implying nor do I believe that the U.S. is 'all-powerful.' It was a legitimate question.

What chance do you think the almighty U.S. Special forces have against overwhelming numbers?...I would have to say zero to none.
You obviously don't understand the nature of special forces and how they might rescue soldiers who were held in... say, The Hague. More than likely it would be a 'surgical strike' with overwhelming force in a very limitied area. Do you think the Dutch or U.N. forces would be able to stop them? Perhaps, but they would risk escalating a situation into a full war. So other nations will respond with overwhelming force? Do you think the European nations have the resolve to try to engage the U.S. in an all out war? I don't. Do you think the average European citizen would want this? I don't. Do you think that the Chinese would come to the aid of Europe? I don't. Do you think the Russians would jump in? I don't. Both the Chinese and Russians would find it to their advantage to let the Europeans and Americans duke it out. Where would Great Britain's support come in, on the side of the colonies or the European mainland? Hmmm...

I think it's a very unlikely scenario that the whole world would engage the U.S. in a war, which is the implication I was getting from your previous statements.

history has showed over and over that empires rise and fall and to think that America will always be the biggest, baddest bully on the block would be foolish.
I agree, but empires usually are weakened from within. It is after they start to fall apart internally that other powers may arise to fill the vacuum left by the old power. The Soviet Union fell apart without a major military conflict. This will happen to the U.S., it has already started but may take many many decades to play out. As it does, there will be no need for overwhelming numbers from other nations to do battle with it.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#767372 - 07/22/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I was in no way implying nor do I believe that the U.S. is 'all-powerful.' It was a legitimate question.
You're right, it was..and I apologize if you felt that I was attacking you personally. But the impression I got from your statement was "there is nothing the rest of the world can do"...

You obviously don't understand the nature of special forces
I spent 4 years in the military, trust me...I know all about special forces and what they can do...but I never stated anywhere that anybody was going to get kidnapped..you did. I have no idea what's going to happen, I'm not psychic...but I do know that good ol' G.W. is pissing alot of people off...including his own people...which would take us to your next statement...

empires usually are weakened from within
You are absolutely right when you said it is happening...and when it does happen it's gonna be ugly. Alot of innocent U.S. citizens are going to be imprisoned without a trial or right to counsel in these coming years if GW has his way...

And when do you think would be the best time for an enemy to strike?...while the U.S. is in chaos from within. I'm sure we both have similar opinions on this, but perhaps are misunderstanding eachother.

--------------------

Anonymous

#767442 - 07/22/02 11:10 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

And when do you think would be the best time for an enemy to strike?...while the U.S. is in chaos from within.
Yes it would be best to strike when the U.S. is falling apart within. I think that China would be the country to take advantage of this in their quest to dominate Asia. They may very well be able to do this without firing a shot at U.S. forces because there will come a time when the U.S. simply cannot afford to maintain a military presence all over the world and will retreat back to North America. If this doesn't happens before China feels strong enough to retake Taiwan, we will probably see a conflict in that part of the world. My hunch is that China will not be patient enough to wait for the U.S. to peacefully abandon it's outposts in Asia.

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #768169 - 07/22/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

To the topic at hand, Bush did the right thing. At least he is man enough to try to protect soldiers after he orders them to kill innocent civilians. I see no reason for U.S. citizens to be put under the world court; be they soldiers or otherwise. The world court is a slap in the face to national sovereignty. Yes, there are evil people in power that do awful, evil, dispicable things to the citizens of their country. These things are bad and should be condemed, but, outside of a war tribunal there should be no such thing as a world court.

I agree, should there be a real attack on the U.S., that it would come from China. I am not seriously concerned with having a marine protect me though; not yet at least. I still have one or two weapons that should suffice to repel any armed invasion.

Offlinepsillyshroompha
shr00m0r

Loc: SLC, UT
    #769333 - 07/23/02 12:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

How much longer do you think the rest of the world is going to put up with it?...I'm wagering not for much longer

What do you mean 'rest of the world'? UK is US's little bitch, Canada is US's bitch. France, Italy, pretty much all of Europe, Japan, Russia. All pretty much US's bitches. Most will not turn their backs to US, in fear mostly. The other countries could start something, But it wouldn't be without retaliation from pretty much all the other western countries. We have a lot more technology than them, too.

--------------------
To all the weed I've smoked,
this blunts for you.
To all the people I offended,
Fuck you too
To all the friends I used to have,
I miss my past.
But the rest of you assholes,
Can Kiss My Ass

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: psillyshroompha]
    #769542 - 07/23/02 04:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

UK is US's little bitch, Canada is US's bitch. France, Italy, pretty much all of Europe, Japan, Russia. All pretty much US's bitches.

This statement is precisely what I'm talking about...the danger of thinking the U.S. is almighty. What do you suppose would happen if G.W. used the words you just did?..calling the afore mentioned countries "Little Bitches"?...I doubt that their support of the U.S. would last much longer.

Are you aware that the U.S. get's MOST of it's natural resources from Canada?...we supply much of your country with electricity as well...how effective do you think your military would be without power? We also supply the processed plutonium for your almighty nukes...and all this is just how Canada helps the U.S. I'm sure the other countries provide much to the U.S. as well...The way I see it, the U.S. is the worlds spoiled, greedy little fat kid that needs a spanking...

--------------------

Edited by Rono (07/23/02 07:33 AM)

Offlinepsillyshroompha
shr00m0r

Loc: SLC, UT
    #770253 - 07/23/02 10:16 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That is very true, US is still not a fully developed country. Its more at its adolecent stage. Unfortunatly, the US is big, and a bully, and a brat, but I really don't see any of US's allies stepping up to them. I don't think any of these countries actually want to try to stop the US. You know.

--------------------
To all the weed I've smoked,
this blunts for you.
To all the people I offended,
Fuck you too
To all the friends I used to have,
I miss my past.
But the rest of you assholes,
Can Kiss My Ass

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush gets his way. [Re: psillyshroompha]
    #770347 - 07/23/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My point is, if the shit does come down and some country decides to go to war with the U.S...ie China. If the U.S. continues to throw it's weight around the way it does, then it's allies may very well say "fuck you"....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom