Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Thinking about death [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #7646415 - 11/17/07 12:18 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yes. I literally think about it every night for as long as I can remember. even when I was a kid. I'd always tell myself one day my bones will be in the ground and eventually eaten away into dust. sometimes I think to myself that various metal/plastic things will last longer than me.

up until a month or so ago I was scared about life after death. I read a book called "a soul's journey" and it made sense to me. Keep in mind I'm in Oklahoma, the buckle of the Bible belt, and never really had exposure to other religions.

good read.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Thinking about death [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7646459 - 11/17/07 12:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I practically never think about death, because I'm 20, and I'm usually thinking about finding a girl, getting a job, etc. I'll worry about death when it's staring me in the face - even then I don't think I'd worry, death is the sweetest relief there is in life :shrug:

OnlineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #7647225 - 11/17/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have that, "You're born, you die, you rot." philosophy, and it's not the fact that there's no afterlife for me that scares me, it's that transition from alive to dead that creeps me out. I just hope I die in my sleep.

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Thinking about death [Re: Newbie]
    #7647486 - 11/17/07 12:31 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If only we were so lucky man. I wonder what the odds are for people dying naturally now-a-days, what with the galaxy of cancers you can get, heart disease, STDs, shroomeritis, etc. I really wonder what percentage of a generation reaches that age where they just drift off in sleep.

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Thinking about death [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7648477 - 11/17/07 06:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
SOmetimes I think about siblings or family members dying, and try to shoo away the thought as fast as possible...just seems weird to think about it. Dunno. Me myself dying I am more ready for than dealing with a family member, especially considering no close family members have died yet. It'll be a very sad day when that day comes.

yea same thing with me. noone really really important to me has ever died so i dont have the experience of dealing with death. I hate the thought of my mom and brother dying, so i laso try to shoe it away asap. One thing i probably want more than anything tho is for me to die befor my little brother. he is only 5 or so years younger than me, but i dont think i would be able to live without him in my life....he means everything to me.

one thing i know is that if you are living a good life and/or your trying to do everything you can to live a good life, death shouldn't be a concern for you.

like Talib Kweli says in the song "good mourning"...

"Everybodys time comes to be embraced by the light/ but YOUR ONLY SCARED TO DIE IF YOU AIN'T LIVIN' RIGHT"

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #7648484 - 11/17/07 06:18 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think about death a lot. But not in a fearful way. I think of ways I might die. Nothing to do with fear, has to do with curiosity. Never be afraid of death, its going to happen eventually. Its a natural thing.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #7648527 - 11/17/07 06:34 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

death is over rated.

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male

Loc: Flag
    #7648579 - 11/17/07 06:51 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I had to do it again I'm not sorry

:rockon:

:rockon:

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Offlinenolongerinuse
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about death [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #7648617 - 11/17/07 07:05 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

My brother died about a year ago. I think about death all the time. It rarely fears me, its more of an intenst interest. All the different possibilities of what it feels like to die, what the zero moment feels like, the last thought, any unique ironies.

Honestly it seems weird to me to fear death. The only part of death i could ever fear is the act of dying.... never the afterlife, nor the possibility of being never more.

Loosing a brother really makes one think about existence. And after i lost my bro, i dont fear fear death. I will embrace it, toy with the act as much as i can when it happens, but i cant wait. It's gonna be one hell of a party.... or moment, probably a moment with the limit of infinity.

Anyway you look at it....
Don't Fear the Reaper

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: Thinking about death [Re: nolongerinuse]
    #7648635 - 11/17/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

sorry to hear that.

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: Thinking about death [Re: Merkin]
    #7648986 - 11/17/07 08:44 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the weird thing about death for me is that it's like going back in time to when you couldnt remember. The thought of not existing is mind boggling to me, my brain locks up like a faulty robot.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about death [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #7649020 - 11/17/07 08:52 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I beleive that when you die you explode out in infinite directions into an infinite amount of particles. You, as ego, do not exist anymore.

The only thing I fear of death is who will be with me at the last moment. Will I die by myself, will I die at the end of a weapon of some stranger I've never met?

Will the last sound that I hear is the sound of my soul bursting out into infinite directions, and what does that sound like?

Another thing I think about all the time is do people know, say about 5 minutes before their death, that this is the last 5 minutes of their life. And what thought is that like? And do though last few minutes seem as if you've already seen this happening and then you just relax and let it happen?

Yeah.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinenolongerinuse
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about death [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7649069 - 11/17/07 09:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well, my thought about death are ever changing.... by the moment, day, month...

One thing i have repeated is: Whenever i think about death, i always feel that the act of dying, the very act of feeling what it is like to die is a very familiar feeling. As if the act of dying turns the afterlife conscious on. Like during the death you say: "Oh no, not this again......wait 'this again!'..~!!! that means,,,, WEEEE!!! death has happend in the past, and will happen again..." ,ect. you get it.

Like you feel death, then the feeling of death feels so familiar, you start to regain a consious of something other than your life, an life separate from this world.

I can't wait to feel what it feels like to die.
IT IS THE ULTIMATE EXERIENCE.

.... luckily we all get to experience it.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: Thinking about death [Re: nolongerinuse]
    #7649136 - 11/17/07 09:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

that post didnt make any sense until like 75% of the way through. It's a familiar feeling that youve never felt before.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order