Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel
    #7637661 - 11/14/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, when i was in NY i was taking a cab back to the train station. during that ride we went through the brooklyn tunnel. when we pulled up to the toll booth i thought that i should snap a few pics, one of the toll sign, and one of the oddly large amount of cameras they seemed to have on the fucking place.

next thing i know, an alarm is literally going off and 2 police officers approach the cab im in with their hands on their pistols in under 5 seconds.

the cabbie starts telling me to hide the camera and lie to the cops, which i figured was a very very bad idea.

so i managed to delete the pics of the tunnel cameras before the cops got there... they went through my camera and made me delete the other pic i had of the tunnel area. they threatened to arrest me, and said that they were required to issue me a summons just for trying to take pictures.

but in the end they let me go...

fucked up country.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekriminalelement
"jesus wept."
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ay! los popos estan aqui!
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7637676 - 11/14/07 10:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

that is so fucking wrong.

--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

OfflineImperialCactus
Stranger

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7637685 - 11/14/07 10:52 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That's fucked up... were there signs or any other indication that you can't take pictures? Makes me wonder just how that is illegal... they must be really paranoid around there now.

OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

Loc: Directlyundertheearthssun...
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: kriminalelement]
    #7637688 - 11/14/07 10:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

but what if you had of been a terrorist?

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: kriminalelement]
    #7637689 - 11/14/07 10:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kriminalelement said:
that is so fucking wrong.

Americans can no longer take pictures of America. That is wrong.

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: KaptKid]
    #7637697 - 11/14/07 10:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think we should all go down to our local law enforcement agency and thank them for doing such a damn fine job.

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: KaptKid]
    #7637699 - 11/14/07 10:58 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, i agree. i didnt see any signs or anything.......

im sure if my skin was another color i would have been hauled out of that cab in a fucking second

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#7637703 - 11/14/07 11:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
yeah, when i was in NY i was taking a cab back to the train station. during that ride we went through the brooklyn tunnel. when we pulled up to the toll booth i thought that i should snap a few pics, one of the toll sign, and one of the oddly large amount of cameras they seemed to have on the fucking place.

next thing i know, an alarm is literally going off and 2 police officers approach the cab im in with their hands on their pistols in under 5 seconds.

the cabbie starts telling me to hide the camera and lie to the cops, which i figured was a very very bad idea.

so i managed to delete the pics of the tunnel cameras before the cops got there... they went through my camera and made me delete the other pic i had of the tunnel area. they threatened to arrest me, and said that they were required to issue me a summons just for trying to take pictures.

but in the end they let me go...

fucked up country.

wtf?? that was the last thing I expected to read today. I'm dissapointed.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineJonnyDeformed

Male User Gallery

#7637705 - 11/14/07 11:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

try it... get your self some paint and go back. see what happens.

--------------------

dubiousness
Dubious compound

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: JonnyDeformed]
    #7637964 - 11/15/07 12:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

why were you in new york! i would have come visited the city with you.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineKamin
Male

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7637982 - 11/15/07 12:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It's kinda messed up, but I think it is pretty impressive at the same time. The fast response time and all...at least someone is paying attention.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #7637999 - 11/15/07 12:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

that's the sorta shit I expect to read about on alex jones or rense.... not the shroomery.

What the fuck happened to America?

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Loc: The un-united kingdom
    #7638235 - 11/15/07 02:15 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

that is fucking insane. :nonono:

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: beneath]
    #7638298 - 11/15/07 03:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

haha the same thing happened to me inside a STAR BUCKS in new york !
i was taking a picture and an employee steps up to me and tells me that i am not allowed to do that,
i am like WTF why and hes because those could aid as plans in a terrorist attack !

lol i nearly sharted my pants when he said that all serious faced ..

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #7638329 - 11/15/07 03:59 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

howly christ. your cuntry sucks balls. that's gay.

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

OfflineOracle Of Delphi
I, Phantom
Female

Loc: State of Disrepair
    #7638346 - 11/15/07 04:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I live in NY - they "allegedly" abolished that
new law" a year or so ago.
huh.
sorry man. new york is sick, and I dont see it getting better.
OoD

--------------------

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

#7638394 - 11/15/07 05:30 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

no wonder paranoia is so prevalent in wester society

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #7638400 - 11/15/07 05:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
im sure if my skin was another color i would have been hauled out of that cab in a fucking second

I hope so..

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #7638401 - 11/15/07 05:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

In the land of the free!

Right.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleRustifer
prestige worldwide
Male

Loc: Central Texas
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Boom]
    #7638402 - 11/15/07 05:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Way too many cry baby pussies over here. I could see all this paranoia if we had terrorist attacks on the frequency of some other countries in the middle east, but I can deal with once ever decade.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Rustifer]
    #7638404 - 11/15/07 05:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

NY is a bit more of a target than Texas

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Boom]
    #7638444 - 11/15/07 06:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

NY with its... 2? terrist attacks in the last 20 years? one of which wasn't serious at all?

i'm not a history buff, but living in the city those are the only two i can remember.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7638448 - 11/15/07 06:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

one of which wasn't serious at all?

Oh, they were both pretty serious...the first one only appears un-serious now that the second one has happened.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: trendal]
    #7638458 - 11/15/07 06:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

still, its bullshit.

i mean anyone could just tape a fucking pinhole camera into their shirt and have video of the damn thing and no one would fucking know.

then theres me blatantly taking pictures with a flash...

i mean, c'mon

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Rustifer]
    #7638478 - 11/15/07 06:49 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rustifer said:
Way too many cry baby pussies over here. I could see all this paranoia if we had terrorist attacks on the frequency of some other countries in the middle east, but I can deal with once ever decade.

maybe they're less frequent over here for this exact reason?

the sacariest part is if they deemed you a terrorist for those actions you could've been held indefinitely or some crazy shit.

InvisibleCheezit
Feel like aStranger

#7638479 - 11/15/07 06:49 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

They wanted me to pull my truck over one time, because i had a tarp over the back. I instead made the next turn and said fuck you!

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#7638480 - 11/15/07 06:51 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

whoops trendel you are right. i only remembered the low deaths... didn't remember 1000 people injured and the huge fucking hole it made...

also now i'm vaguely recalling alot of hype about regulating farming chemicals after that...

--------------------

InvisibleCheezit
Feel like aStranger

#7638483 - 11/15/07 06:54 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I was actually talking to a person about this. He was or is in a position in charge of video surveillance and protection of businesses and roadways.

Setting up cameras, checking on things and yada yada. I asked him if I could get in trouble for taking pictures of our power plants and factories. The ones in my area can be very good pictures. He said no, take all the pictures you want as long as there is no ill content.

It's amazing on the tunnels. You can't go 20 feet without a camera. I think I counted 30+ cameras on the holland tunnel. Thats not even counting the ones leading up to it.

Nomad you still in NY?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Cheezit]
    #7638500 - 11/15/07 07:07 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

nope im in chicago right now, but only for a few more hours till i head out of town again. i swear im only in the same city for less than a week at a time.

i was in ny for less than a day i think. about 18 hours, came in saw a show, saw some sights, and got the hell outta there.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleCheezit
Feel like aStranger

#7638501 - 11/15/07 07:08 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

find omar? What show did you go see? Phill? Mum? something else?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Cheezit]
    #7638508 - 11/15/07 07:11 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, omar really helped me out, gave me a place to crash, and even got me a ticket into the John Butler Trio show!

apparently phil was out there at the same time. i met some cool kids on the train back home that were touring with him.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleCheezit
Feel like aStranger

#7638528 - 11/15/07 07:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Nice! There was a lot going on the past week.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #7638649 - 11/15/07 08:58 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Oh ok.. so our government can put up cameras everywhere and anywhere they please.. but an American citizen can't take a picture in a public place without fear of being prosecuted.

FUCKING BULLSHIT

I'm pretty sure that goes against everything in the constitution. Not that the constitution hasn't been completely shit on over the past 10 years and is basically a worthless and meaningless piece of hemp now.
Freedom my ass. Fuck this country I'm hating it more and more every day.

Yes, the US constitution is written on hemp.. fucking ironic dont ya think?

--------------------

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Shroomism]
    #7638680 - 11/15/07 09:10 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i honestly don't see how you americans can live like that, it's like a very large prison.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: beneath]
    #7638695 - 11/15/07 09:12 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It is indeed becoming more and more like one every day.
They should just call it the Un-united states of prison camp and be done with it.

--------------------

InvisibleCheezit
Feel like aStranger

#7638721 - 11/15/07 09:20 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Oh coming from MR. UK. You can't even own a gun! HA! What about the video cameras you guys have all over the place? You guys are in the same boat, if not before us.

Thing is the cops let him go. They are actually concerned for the well being of the people that live their. That city is vulnerable in many ways, many people live their, it's an island, bridges and tunnels are what connect everyone.

But it know what you mean, it is, though they try to sugar coat it for the idiots to swallow easily.

InvisibleCheezit
Feel like aStranger

#7638763 - 11/15/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

So now they want to raise the toll from 6 dollars to 8 dollars to pay for the construction and more security measures :headbanger:

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #7638781 - 11/15/07 09:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! COMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKIN DAY-AH!

(Currently the ringtone on my phone)

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: circularvortex]
    #7638797 - 11/15/07 09:41 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

overgrow the government yall

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
    #7638982 - 11/15/07 10:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Freedom in America is dying.

Time for you guys to put your right to carry guns to work.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: 2859558484]
    #7639038 - 11/15/07 10:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

we should all just have a mass exodus from the corporate grid. leave them geezers in the dust.

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #7639048 - 11/15/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

OMG TEH TERRORISTS WIN

Amerika loses freedom of photography!

--------------------

Offlinetakeflight
retired
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Minstrel]
    #7639100 - 11/15/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You should be happy! Your tax dollars are funding these fucked up laws which have been enacted without the "peoples" consent - after 2001, many on the hill thought it necessary to strip away the privacy of its citizens in order to uncover homeland "terrorist" plots. The government in which the "people" *finance* and *own* has become a dollar devouring monster.. feed the monster, but don't go out at night?

Bullshit.

Edited by takeflight (11/15/07 10:58 AM)

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: takeflight]
    #7639156 - 11/15/07 11:05 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Actually you CAN take photographs of the tunnel, as well as the bridges. Any police officer that hassles you for that is at risk of suspension if you report it correctly. I don't believe any actual law is in affect that states you cannot take photographs. There were huge articles about it in photographer magazines nation-wide when people started getting hassled and threatened by the police to be arrested for taking photos of bridges and stuff.

InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #7639158 - 11/15/07 11:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gr8fulJ420 said:
What the fuck happened to America?

The neocons. "Fear. Terra. Fear. 9-11. Homeland. Fear. Terra. 9-11."

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#7639284 - 11/15/07 11:27 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

until i read the thing about it possibly aiding a terrorist attack, i was wondering for what reason taking pictures is illegal? Its still really dumb, but at least now i understand it SOMEWHAT. should we ban anything that could even be potentially construed as "aiding terrorists".

Hey someone gave me a cool pen today. Who knows, I might potentially use it to write down a terrorist plan :rollseyes:

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineDave Bowman
Albert Hoffmans Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Your Imagination
    #7639290 - 11/15/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That's some Grade A Fine Bullshit.

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
    #7639528 - 11/15/07 12:20 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

they gave you no reason for what they did?

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: so i almost got arrested in new york for taking a picture of the brooklyn tunnel [Re: norml840]
    #7643701 - 11/16/07 11:05 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Here's an article on your rights to photograph any shit you want in NYC

http://nycphotorights.com/wordpress/

Offlinea_guy_named_ai
Stranger
Male
    #7646537 - 11/17/07 01:20 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I really consider how deranged and brainwashed a person can be to enforce something like that.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order