Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest USA
Lost it alll....
    #7593153 - 11/04/07 12:00 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I lost it all. We had a house fire a month ago. We are still picking up the pieces. It was a grease fire in the kitchen. No one was injured and the dogs made it out fine. No loss of life. Our insurance company is trying to screw us out of tens of thousands of dollars. We have a lawyer who said they are screwed and that they will end up having to pay one way or the other. I had shitake mushrooms in the refrigerator that were ready to be taken out and soaked and ready for its 1st flush. 3 lb bag fully colonized thickly. I had tubs and tubs of pink oyster. I had a nice setup..... we lost it all. Lost my shrooming gear. Lost my bed, my clothes everything. Look all around you. See the things around you. Imagine that all gone. For the next day think about all of the luxuries you are using for just 1 day. See what is missing. See what we take for granted until its gone. You know that sounds really cliche right now but when it hits. That meaning rings true. This was my first time growing shrooms and all was well. Things were looking good and I was about to eat my first home grown shitake mushrooms. I had some other mushrooms but they are gone too. I lucked out and had some perilite and some verm in the 1 room that got severe smoke damage. Which I think it is ok still. It has alot of smoke on it. I have nothing left. I was going to build a automated shroomatorium... everything was going good. Now it is all dusk. I guess I keep rambling.... I just thought I would let shroomery know where I have been..... I havn't posted in a long while and I finally got a computer back and all that.

As far as my health is going. I am now in a lot of pain all day. I still work as a janitor right now and it is killing me standing 8 hours a day. Bending and lifting and all that. Some of you may or may not remember. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Which is a soft tissue dissorder that involves my body producing faulty collagen and my skin stretches and I can't bend my fingers backwards. My hips and other weight bearing joints are wearing out really fast. I have been in alot of pain for some time now and now the doctor has put me on Oxycontin. It is around 300 dollars or more for a 3 week dose. He is going to up it soon and that will only raise the cost.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What doesn't make you stronger cripples you.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Anything Matits says or insinuates is a lie and is totally constructed of lies. It is a fairy tale and should be taken at face value. Matits makes things up that are untrue. Any picture or statements made by Matits are made up or fabricated... like Trump's wig.

My favorite NSFW shirt company I buy a ton of shirts from.
http://tiny.cc/myfavshirtsite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Lost it alll.... [Re: matits]
    #7593163 - 11/04/07 12:04 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Sucks.

DOn't know what else to say. At least you're alive, I guess.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #7593165 - 11/04/07 12:04 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What doesn't make you stronger cripples you.

OFT

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #7593175 - 11/04/07 12:08 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Shit happens, but that's what insurance is for right? I wouldn't give a fuck about burnt up luxuries. It's the photos, sentimental items that's the worst thing about a house fire. Mushrooms will grow again and insurance will (hopefully) bring back your luxuries. Don't forget to remind them about that big flat screen and diamonds you were keeping.

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #7596676 - 11/04/07 10:02 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

wow that is some hard luck stuff going on
hope your health gets better
not really much u can do besides keep going forward and always looking for options and oppurtunities
stay strong

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Invisiblewps
Well-PaidScientist
Male

#7596775 - 11/04/07 10:30 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

that sucks. Sorry to hear it had to happen to you.

last year there was a fire down the street from me on Christmas Day. That family lost everything, literally right at Christmas.

so hey... you may have lost all your shit, but at least its not also Christmas.

--------------------
"America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve."

- Tom Morello

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Lost it alll.... [Re: wps]
    #7596978 - 11/04/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm really sorry to hear about that.  There's not really much I can say to change it, and I am not going to try and pretend that I know what you're going to - I'm just sorry that it happened.  That fucking SUCKS.  Anyway I looked around my room for a good 30 seconds when you told me to.  It is indeed mind boggling.  I hope you get the money from the insurance company, and get back on your feet soon for a quick recovery.

Oh and please - watch yourself with the Oxycontin? 

:heart: :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lost it alll.... [Re: the free thinker]
    #7626248 - 11/12/07 03:17 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well. We are getting things back to normal finally. It isn't the same but at least it is a new start. We have received that part of the insurance we got a while back. Still waiting on the insurance for the structure part of the house(the big check). We have our house pretty well furnished and everything. The doctor changed my meds again. I am on Morphine Extended release pills. I don't like them. They don't really dull the pain like the Oxycontin and the really make me slur my speach and feel dumb. Kinda dopey but not in a good way. I had a bunch of blood work done and the results came back negative. So I was cleared of everything the doctor thought might be going on with me. Which you could say is good news...or bad. Since he was thinking thyroid....he could have fixed that. But the way things are... I can't keep putting myself through this agonizing pain all day standing and bending and lifting. It is really painful and some days just don't seem worth it. If I can work 40 hours every 2 weeks I can keep my insurance. I just wish I could get on a different job. Something less strenuous. I think around Christmas I am going to spring for another grow opperation. I want to get some Shitakes going on. I just need to save up enough money to get it going again....

Anyone have some good ideas for a simple opperation I can get for relativley cheap.

I have vermiculite, perlite, a temp controlled TiT, I think I still have my reptile humidifier and the pump I know is in my closet. I don't know if I still have the tubing though. I may have 2 jars of pre-prepared brf cakes. pints. I have a personal mister that has the super fine mist.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Anything Matits says or insinuates is a lie and is totally constructed of lies. It is a fairy tale and should be taken at face value. Matits makes things up that are untrue. Any picture or statements made by Matits are made up or fabricated... like Trump's wig.

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

#7626513 - 11/12/07 04:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

THat blows. How the hell can a grease fire get that out of control?

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Lost it alll.... [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7626550 - 11/12/07 04:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Fires in general can get out of control very easily, and grease fires are horrible.

That sucks man, I hope everything comes through fine. If you don't mind me asking, how does the insurance know what to pay you for when it comes to items that were destroyed in the fire?

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lost it alll.... [Re: Innominate]
    #7631824 - 11/13/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

They hand you papers that are lists. You have to go back and think what was destroyed and write it down. Our contents were only insured up to so much money. We listed the appliances and all the big stuff first and went back through everything and were able to produce a list that MORE than met the maxed limit. So they pretty much have to give us the full amount on that. And as far as the structure settlement... we are still waiting for it.

The fire got really out of control because this house was over 100 years old... and behind the stove it was just wood paneling over that lath board. Once it got into the wall it was in insulation and into the attic and then formed a heat pocket. So it get everything super hot and then when the flame made its way to where the heat was..... it just flashed everywhere. The curtains on the complete opposite side of the house were wrinkly from the heat.... it was the coolest part of the house.... so that is the kind of damage it did. What was really weird though...was... there was 3 boxes of matches in the bottom drawer next to the stove...that were untouched. They were un-ignited. Everything else around and above it was totally annihilated.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds