Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: The Holy Trinity is the Occult Doctrine Behind Islamic Hatred of Christianity [Re: Icelander]
    #7622459 - 11/11/07 03:38 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

"I'm not talking about any knowledge. I'm talking about the knowledge referred to in your thread."

Yes, I got that. The gnosis that I referred to is not "any knowledge," it is not conceptual knowledge [episteme]. It is exactly what YOU were referring to and what, recently, Eckhart Tolle has been able to impart (like a 'transmission') during my reading of his books. I experience more and more non-conceptual moments during the reading of his works (The Power of Now and A New Earth). I mean, I just read Buddhism: Is Not What You Think by Steve Hagan (which is excellent) and now I'm reading The History of Zen Buddhism in the 20th Century by Heinrich Dumoulin and Dzogchen: The Heart Essence of the Great Perfection by H.H. The Dalai Lama. I'm reading these because I still must satisfy my intellect, but my intellect is seeking proof that Tolle has distilled these old traditions down to a fantastically simple conception. Like yourself, I have been an avid seeker and though I've read the word in BE HERE NOW for 30+ years about what a cosmic joke our struggle is just to get Here & Now, no matter what disciplines I've tried, it is only Now 'sinking into my bones.'

And you wanna hear another joke? Check out the pictures of all the gurus, swamis, yogis, masters, etc. in books like Towards the One, and anyone can see that these guys were not young men! Here I was (and you were) 20 somethings, and we were expecting what - to be Enlightened young men forsaking the usual human development of 20 somethings? I thought of becoming a Catholic monastic for years and met with Franscicans, Cappuchin Reformed Fransciscans, a Trappist (Cistercian), Benedictines and guess what? Here's another level of the joke: they were all Gay men living in these monasteries! I would've been a straight 20 something male fantasizing about women at Vespers in a monastery of unsympathetic Gay men instead of being the 20 something in grad school fantasizing about the same women from the classroom.

I made the right choice by staying in school, looking for a woman, marrying, etc. BUT, all this worldly involvement and trying to establish a professional identity and career, the seeking took a back seat. Now, 20 something years AFTER being 20 something and there is this 'figure-ground shift' and the seeker has climbed back into the front seat again. Moreover, like you, I want the seeker to take the wheel of this vehicle towards parts unknown. Unlike the bumper sticker that reads: "God is My Co-pilot," I prefer the one that reads: "God is My Pilot," while 'me,' little ego, takes the back seat in preparation for the end of the ride. This vehicle, my mind-body is going to fall apart in death and the only thing that makes sense to me now is to figure out how to attain to the 'speed of light,' attain "Infinite Mass," and Realize that I AM One with Infinity. That means that Infinity, the Clear Light, whatever you wanna call it is the Real 'Me' and the Truth, the Absolute Truth, the Ultimately Real.

FZ: The first word in this song is discorporate. It means to leave your body

Discorporate & come with me
Shifting; drifting
Cloudless; starless
VELVET VALLEYS & A SAPPHIRE
SEA: Wah Wah

Unbind your mind
There is no time
To lick your stamps
And paste them in
DISCORPORATE
And we will begin . . .WAH WAH!
(Flower Power Sucks)

Diamonds on velvets on goldens on vixen
On comet & cupid on donner & blitzen
On up & away & afar & a go-go
Escape from the weight of your corporate logo!

UNBIND YOUR MIND
THERE IS NO TIME
Boin-n-n-n-n-n-g
TO LICK YOUR STAMPS
AND PASTE THEM IN
DISCORPORATE
AND WE'LL BEGIN
FREEDOM! FREEDOM!
KINDLY LOVING!
YOU'LL BE ABSOLUTELY FREE
ONLY IF YOU WANT TO BE

Dreaming on cushions of velvet & satin
To music by magic by people that happen
To enter the world of a strange purple Jello
The dreams as they live them are all mellow yellow

UNBIND YOUR MIND
THERE IS NO TIME
Boin-n-n-n-n-n-g
TO LICK YOUR STAMPS
AND PASTE THEM IN
DISCORPORATE
AND WE'LL BEGIN
FREEDOM! FREEDOM!
KINDLY LOVING!
ONLY IF YOU WANT TO BE

ONLY IF YOU WANT TO BE

- Discorporate, by Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention

Peace 'n Love :heart:,
- MtG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: The Holy Trinity is the Occult Doctrine Behind Islamic Hatred of Christianity [Re: Icelander]
    #7622556 - 11/11/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

[...]all roads lead to the center and the center is nowhere and everywhere.

AND inside of you and all.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The Holy Trinity is the Occult Doctrine Behind Islamic Hatred of Christianity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7626833 - 11/12/07 05:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

My my you do read a lot my dear friend. :lol:

I'm reading the Politics of Ecstasy by Tim Leary. He's my Tolle this week.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#7628957 - 11/13/07 05:34 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Don't let the side-bars in that book drive you crazy! And hey, I read a few pages of one book at lunch, and another few pages at home while m'Lady is reading, and it all adds up. It only appears to be excessive :wink:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The Holy Trinity is the Occult Doctrine Behind Islamic Hatred of Christianity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7629495 - 11/13/07 09:21 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Tim was so cool. It amuses me to no end that he is often vilified here. Unfortunately I'm not very convinced of his belief that mankind is getting it's shit together these days.

I've also been reading Robertson Davies. Ever heard of him?

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#7630964 - 11/13/07 02:51 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard of Davies in connection with his interest in Jungian analysis, but I haven't read his plays or books.

I met Leary twice, 17 years apart (1977 & 1994), and got him to autograph my hardcover copy of The Psychedelic Experience. The first time I burst into his dressing room after his 'performance,' and the second time I rushed him in an elevator at a New Age convention in south Florida. He rapped me on the head with his knuckles and said: "You already have an autograph!," to which I responded "Yeah Tim, but it's 20 years old." I also tried to offer him a rolled up baggy of P. Cubensis on an escalator that I had brought along as a gift, but I inadvertantly cause him a rush of paranoia and quickly pocketed the contraband. :blush:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #7631364 - 11/13/07 04:29 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

tim showed up as a speaker at starwood festival (we had had him into cleveland a couple/few times in the 80s)in the early 90s --- said that it was there he first realized that he was a pagan!!! :wink: ... what a sweet goof he was, hehheh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: The Holy Trinity is the Occult Doctrine Behind Islamic Hatred of Christianity [Re: gnrm23]
    #7631370 - 11/13/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the tassawuf are often quite open to other paths toward the one, so i hear...

--------------------
not old enough to care

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: The Holy Trinity is the Occult Doctrine Behind Islamic Hatred of Christianity [Re: gnrm23]
    #7632238 - 11/13/07 07:14 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hey gnrm23, Nice ta see ya!! :smile: What's kept you away from the P&S? It needs old hippies like me, you and Icelander!

Of late it seems to me that having left the Jewish fold (never really much identified with), I became a Pagan inadvertantly by becoming a Christian and buying into the 'possibility' of the mythos as history. Do you still refer to yourself as a "Mahayana Christian" at all? I've often thought about that description now that the three-decade pendulum swing brings me back to the value of Buddhist thought. I am reading about the Kyoto school of Zen and its modernist contributors - Japanese who struggled with their discovered Christian values and the juxtaposition of theistic and atheistic sensibilities.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7635064 - 11/14/07 01:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I've heard of Davies in connection with his interest in Jungian analysis, but I haven't read his plays or books.

I met Leary twice, 17 years apart (1977 & 1994), and got him to autograph my hardcover copy of The Psychedelic Experience. The first time I burst into his dressing room after his 'performance,' and the second time I rushed him in an elevator at a New Age convention in south Florida. He rapped me on the head with his knuckles and said: "You already have an autograph!," to which I responded "Yeah Tim, but it's 20 years old." I also tried to offer him a rolled up baggy of P. Cubensis on an escalator that I had brought along as a gift, but I inadvertantly cause him a rush of paranoia and quickly pocketed the contraband. :blush:

My friend who reminds me so much of you also met Leary and had dinner with him (showed me the photo). I would love to put you two together and just sit back and listen.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#7635538 - 11/14/07 02:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7635546 - 11/14/07 02:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Very cool pic. He looks like a happy boy.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#7635678 - 11/14/07 03:20 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7635728 - 11/14/07 03:31 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You're just an ol hippy.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#7641083 - 11/15/07 06:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It takes one to know one.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #7663254 - 11/21/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hiya markos...
sure, mahayanist christian... (gnostic redeemer zen lutheran church n.a. ltd. pty)
didn't alan watts (or somebody) note that in asian christian crosses (e.g. chinese pictogram)they aren't quite vertical & 90 degrees at the crux & everything?
then again, the sufis were often considered heretics (al hallaj was crucfied) by the tradtionalists, no?
well...

--------------------
not old enough to care

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#7663343 - 11/21/07 02:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

What's the story with the non-vertical crosses? I saw an equilateral cross with a sitting Buddha at center (at an antique show. I should've made an offer).

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder