Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: armadillo attack!
    #76284 - 06/20/00 10:09 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hehe, funny post. I like your response mj.

I've never been attacked by an armadillo, but for some reason I always find dead ones in the field. My mexican neighbors love armidillo meat, so when I find a fresh-un, I take him back with me and make a few bucks off it.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: armadillo attack! [Re: Lizard King]
    #76285 - 06/21/00 01:58 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hi GGreatOne234. Its okay. I caught the bastard makeing a getaway.

hehehehe

Mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited June 21, 2000).]

Anonymous

#76286 - 06/21/00 02:00 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

i've almost been attacked by 150 cows before.
lol
damned stampedes.

------------------
PantericA

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #76287 - 06/21/00 09:20 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

In my last 2 hunts i almost steped over some gnarly snakes... 1 each hunt

Anonymous

#76288 - 06/21/00 09:58 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

GG bro we live in the same area. i saw your uh, generous contribution to the n f s field guide. hey my boys are turnin 21 both of em on the 1st of july. so on the 30th of june their renting out a club in ybor.(the mission)it aint the best of the best but good enough. listen its 5 buck to get in free beer all night. guarnteed. wassup let run it. i live in orlando to go to school but my parents got a phat ass condo in tampa and their goin to italy on the 30th too! all i got to say is your invited to all you can drink for 5$. soooo??

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #76290 - 06/21/00 01:32 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hey GGreatOne234 and Lizard King.

When I was hunting shrooms in Florida, two times at Dinsmore Dairy I ran into live big water mocassins and also Cow pies growing with Rocks near them or partially cover rocks with manure and shrooms, please watch out for Black widow spiders. I did come across a few of those on several ocassions picking shrooms and seeing one scuttle across a piece of decomposed manure. So watch your hands and this is not a joke. It is serious, the spiders are in the fields under wood and rocks. so be careful
> mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #76291 - 06/21/00 01:34 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Oh a quick note

I have been chased twice by serious youn male cows and also once by the big bull himself. In Hawaii I was treed for about 30 minuttes by a wild boar and a fwew times I have had horse chase me to a fence .

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76292 - 06/21/00 02:05 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

mj, them just black snakes nothin poison, pretty sure what you saw werent water mocassins

im not sure if black widows are even in florida(id really like to know for a fact though). crab spiders and bannana spiders.. heck i eat them things for breakfast! gg's no stranger to crawling around in the bushes :smile:

wild boars quite honestly scare me. dont remember ever seeing them in a field with me before. they usually travel in packs, and some of em get to be a good 150 pounds.. ..lord or the rings dude.

big hurds of cows that follow you around and try hold their ground are pretty funny cause they act all tough, but then if you make even the slightest quick movement, all hundred of them will run away. so much easier when theyre not around.

fortunatly none of my favorite fields around have bulls in them. ..i believe i once went to the dinsmore dairy in jacksonville once. and that is the first time i met a really pissed off bull. i was cutting down the center of the field at night. i saw all the cows on my left, didnt see the one bigass bull to my right who was standing guard. thing got up and started scraping its hoves on the ground so hard that my feet felt the vibration.

definately worry about the bulls. but a lot of people say that the cows tried to chase or attack them. ..if i see a herd of cows running towards me, theyll run really fast until theyre close to me but then theyll just stop and stare. if you run theyll chase you, if you walk they wont.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #76293 - 06/21/00 03:56 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

GGreatOne234

Yes I do happen to know what a cotton mouth looks like and yes, Florida is home to Black Widows. And I was not makeing that up about finding them. The Snake was in a swamy area of a pasture at Dinsmore Dairy farm. I was with my son and we killed it because we were picking there. We became awarre of its presence when the cattle suddenly went off in another direction.

I also have seen many black widows their in Jacksonville when I was there.

Mj

Anonymous

#76294 - 06/21/00 06:37 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I once came face to face with a bear, he ran one way, I ran the other!

------------------
Visit the Spore Lab at: http://www.sunshine.net/www/1700/sn1730
It's a trip you'll never forget!

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #76295 - 06/22/00 10:41 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

man a bear is something u must be very scared of, the thing can tear you apart with one slash of its claws.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76296 - 06/23/00 04:15 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

yeah a bear is probably the last animal youd want to come across. but not the biggest.. i know captain max and mjshroomer living in the washington bc area, and me living near the everglades, we both gotta watch out saskuatch's too.

ehehehhh

i was walking along a nature path about 2 weeks ago and these two enormous big black vultures were standing there in the middle of the path. they wouldnt move or fly away for me, they were blocking the path from me! so i stood there stareing at them for a few minutes.. really REally REALly weird. stared walking towards them and they would scoot a little bit forward and look back. that went on for like 5-10 minutes and then another black vulture flew by overhead ( :smile:)and the other two following me took off. heh that stories really hard to explain

[This message has been edited by GGreatOne234 (edited June 23, 2000).]

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76297 - 06/23/00 10:12 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

turkey buzzards actually not vultures, some seriously mean buzzards, dangerous, diseased, and they look like death. those things will attack people,.. first shoot you with poison needles from under their feathers and then bite your fucking eyeballs out. heheh, im not jokeing either!.

a bear would just be really bad news to come across in the middle of nowhere, in the forest. luckily bears dont grow in florida.

what we do have in (southern) florida that i am constantly looking out for is them Florida Panthers. those things get to be very big, very strong, very fast and will attack people. ....

i dont think that bannana spiders are poisonous, but i do know that they will bite you. theyll jump right off their web and onto the back of your shirt :smile: or the top of your head :smile: in yer hair. saw a bannana spider yesterday that was no joke six inches long with big evil Hairy arms.

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
    #76298 - 06/24/00 01:15 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Good thing you didn't die! They'd have eaten you fer sherr..

DUDE... crazy animal medicine there. You should track down a good book on the native American science of Animal symbolism and find out what the Fuck...

Vulture boy.

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76299 - 06/24/00 02:50 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

yeah sure mattso, heres what they say about buzzards and VulLtures;

Vulture/Buzzard/Condor's Wisdom Includes:
Death and rebirth
Prophecy
Love of the Mother goddess
Knowledge concerning the death of a loved one
New vision
Purification

"You may have a fresh start
any moment you choose,
for this thing we call failure
is not the falling down,
but the staying down."

-Mary Pickford

and heres what they say about our friend the armadillo;

Armadillo's Wisdom Includes:

Understanding your personal boundary
Respecting the boundaries of others
Carrying your protection with you at all times
Understanding your vulnerabilities
Empathy
Discrimination

heres the link to one of my favorite websites;
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4076/index1.html

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#76300 - 06/25/00 12:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

This is my biggest fear when I'm in a field. Screw the armadillos, I'll kick the shit out of an armadillo before the fucker gets a chance to bites me. Its the bulls we need to worry about :wink:

Just ask this guy about bulls, he'll tell ya :wink:

The Lizard,

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76301 - 06/25/00 01:04 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

lizard.....whuddid i tell you about not wearing your red spandex pantelones (pants) into the cow pastures.!?

thats wrong lizard. thats wrong.

Anonymous

#76302 - 06/25/00 06:43 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

DAMN!!! Betcha he felt that one for awhile.

[This message has been edited by Sporez (edited June 25, 2000).]

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76303 - 06/26/00 11:55 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

yeah.., its so disturbing to even look at that picture the '{["("the lizard king"')]}"" put on my post.

it really gives me a headache to see it, really.

she tries to act all tough sometimes. ive never seen a girl ever "I'll kick the shit out of an armadillo before the fucker gets a chance to bites me."

thats not ladylike now is it lizard? not on these bulletin boards it isnt.

and lizard, being the only female at the mushroom hunting forum does not mean you should hide your femininity as a women.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#76304 - 06/26/00 05:41 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

You little peeping tom :wink:

You should know better than that GGreatOne.

Seriously, I'm a male. Sometimes the thought of being female is appealing though :wink: I guess thats cause I'm a guy :smile:

The Lizard,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder