Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineusr
Interested.
Male

Loc: United States
Best way to dry/store mushrooms for long periods?
    #7621313 - 11/11/07 09:02 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I've searched the posts, but haven't found a definite answer.

Assuming I want to store a sizable amount of dried mushrooms for as long as possible, how would I go about doing this?

Would drying them and placing them in a couple ziploc bags in the freezer be the best way to keep them?

I'm looking for whatever way that is going to allow me to keep potency the longest. Also, could you give me an estimated time period they will keep for whatever method you recommend?

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Best way to dry/store mushrooms for long periods? [Re: usr]
    #7621374 - 11/11/07 09:32 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

for long term storage. drying them to the point they are cracker dry. complelty dry shrooms will keep for years. storing in ziplock bags is fine or air tight container. put a silica gel bag in with them to make sure no moisture gets in.

if u got the cash by a food dehydrator, one that u can adjust the temp so its no hotter than 95f. that should be able to dry a fair amoint in 24 hours.

an alternative would be to fan dry for a day then into a tub with descent for another day.

once they are complelty dry. u can grind them into a powder and put in capsules, they usualy hold about 1 gram of powder. u can also put the powder in orange juice or whatever juice u like.

I olso heard u can store fresh in honey. not sure how long though.

this ofcoarse can all be found in posts. which is how I know the above.

yes a lot of it seems un definative, u just have to try and make up ur own mind.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisiblemushylove
Stranger in the Dark
Re: Best way to dry/store mushrooms for long periods? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7621494 - 11/11/07 10:20 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

my friend had tons of shroom... he dried them ...
then he Vacuun seal them in bag, and put them to the freezer...

freezer seems to do some frost bite with long term storage and old course as they are dry, they will tend to break up...etc... .. like anythng in the freezer really.. but didnt affect the potency... we had some massive trip on some +over a year old mush in the freezer...

InvisibleSwan Song

Re: Best way to dry/store mushrooms for long periods? [Re: mushylove]
    #7621613 - 11/11/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

dried mushies which have been vacuum sealed can last quite a while. you should throw a silica bag in with them to make sure they stay dry. Freezing them works but makes them kind of messy when you thaw them to eat. Repeated opening of the bag can allow moisture which when frozen may destroy the cell walls, effectively turning them to mush. I have dried musheis and stored in a air tight container for 9 months before using. They were great.

OfflineNebula
Stranger

Re: Best way to dry/store mushrooms for long periods? [Re: Swan Song]
    #7621715 - 11/11/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

A couple of weeks I tried 5 grams of dried mushrooms grown nearly 3 years ago. There were still quite strong!
The method I used involved a fan, a wiremesh and some desiccant. (Three years ago:-) I put the mushrooms on the wiremesh and dry fanned them for about 24 hours. I then made them cracker dry by putting them in an airtight container containing the desiccant. I then stored them in honey and/or small jars. I made sure no air could get into the jars. I kept them at room temperature (sometimes up to 30 degrees Celsius) and stored the jars in a dark place.
Anyway, they were quite strong after all those years - perhaps they could have been stronger if I kept them in the fridge. Unfortunately, I did not have the possibility to do so..:-)

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

Re: Best way to dry/store mushrooms for long periods? [Re: Nebula]
    #7622151 - 11/11/07 02:13 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

vacuum sealer is the shit... they sell em at kroger or marsh

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules