Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: getting married.................? [Re: ]
    #755123 - 07/18/02 02:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That was the same with my case.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: getting married.................? [Re: gnrm23]
    #755690 - 07/18/02 07:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

oh, never ever gnrmi, why, nitrous oxide is a restricted substance - i prefer the legal, and hence spiritual, huffin' like toluene, butane, and gasoline... of course
--
ol' willy jame's lil diddy is often used to criticize the funny gas' seeming profundity, but if you think about it long enough, ain't it hard to top?
---
if you wanna move to kenya you could always become a masai elder - not only do you get multiple wives, but you get to sit around and play checkers while they do all the labor!
-----
the way i figure it, fuck those healthy relationships. they sound boring. i want 'em sick, neurotic, and co-dependent. yes, indeed. and screw healing too, the thorns in my heart are my muse for which i write poetry and sew bliss seeds. (CJ slept alone last night and cried himself to sleep squeezing his pillow...) but as much as i love beat generation ideals, i unfortunately confess my desire for monogamy.... but to the naive- beware, beware, and beware - it's the ultimate toxin! play safely with much care.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: getting married.................? [Re: mr crisper]
    #755742 - 07/18/02 08:02 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Someone said humans are made for one-on-ones. I think that common human behavior suggests that human males evolved to have the inclination to be with as many females as possible, and human females evolved to find and secure a single mate for life. We evolved this way because it was the most productive for reproduction. Lots of extra kids running around. If a guy can start two families, his genes are twice as likely to survive.

Even though I am a firm believer in monogamy and would never under any circumstance cheat on a significant other, I am a human male and the idea of being with ten women at once does indeed appeal to me, but only on a sexual level. Imagine having ten girlfriends all paging you all friggin day!

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: getting married.................? [Re: ]
    #755756 - 07/18/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

I'm told by my wife and others of the xx chromosomal type that when women are together for extended periods of time their menstrual cycles tend to synchronize. This could very well be hell on earth for one week out of every four.

I have heard that too but hearing it again started me thinking... This too must be an evolutionary device. If you've got all your wives ovulating at the same time it would be easier to impregnate them all within a few days of chillin in your cave and then go off looking for food again.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinehazybluestar
~*Princess*~
Loc: south
    #756894 - 07/18/02 04:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i also believe that you can be with a person forever and never be married. its just a piece of paper. as long as you love that person there is no real need to have it written down, just express it to them. that should be enough

Anonymous

Re: getting married.................? [Re: hazybluestar]
    #757141 - 07/18/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I will second that thought and give an 'amen.'

Marriage should never be a legal issue, it is really about love, acceptance, caring and commitment between two (or more) people. If these things aren't there, no legal sanctions or paper declarations will make it a real marriage, if all these items are present a legal sanction is superfluous.

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#758606 - 07/19/02 07:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Crisper,
Just how old are you?

Bullfrog1

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: getting married.................? [Re: gnrm23]
    #759607 - 07/19/02 04:04 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

anybody ever heard of the church of all worlds?

Sure and their bible is my favorite book.

I grok.
Wanna share water?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
    #759686 - 07/19/02 04:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ever heard of oneida? and the comlex marrige system? i think there might be somehitng in that. im not saying that i necessarily would be able to "swing" that.....but who knows. i really think that they had a good idea.

i like the point also that i shouldnt have top mrry someone to show my love for them. marriage sometimes puts people in situations that they shouldnt be in. why should someone have to stay with me for the sake of the mrrige if they really wouldnt want to be? as long as i love my woman then i will stay with her, as long as she loves me..she will stay with me. i shouldnt guilt her into staying with me because divirce is looked down upon.

basically the gist of my rant is....i love her and im with her, she loves me and is with me. when one of us doesnt want to be with the other...we can move on. ill live another day to love and lose, or lose and love...or somehting like that.

i dont know if this came across as dickish or whatever.......i just felt like adding my2cents. phil

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: getting married.................? [Re: mile69]
    #760751 - 07/20/02 02:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

thanks mile69, not dickish nor dickless
its strange we can view an event in our lives quite objectively, and more and more so the further away in time it is. either in hindsight or imagining a future event that could quite possibly happen - breaking up/divorce.
when it's going spla, all you can do is hang on.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: getting married.................? [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #760765 - 07/20/02 02:10 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i'd estimate i'm about 5 or 6 years younger than you

Offlinefrancisco
Richman Sporeman
Loc: USA
    #762045 - 07/20/02 11:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Polygamy must be better.If you croaked, the kid would still be multi-parented .

--------------------
Well...Maybe just a little.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder