Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: robbyberto]
    #7620219 - 11/10/07 08:24 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

a prophecy that the world is coming to an end and that its their job to instigate a world war.

perfect, because most of those that actually voted for bush believe the same thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: Clean]
    #7620226 - 11/10/07 08:27 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I think its pretty hard to disagree with what I said in my first post. Are you trying to say Ahmadinejad is a good guy or something? You didn't add anything to the discussion with that post. They don't have as many open homosexuals. You know because they hang them and all.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: robbyberto]
    #7620236 - 11/10/07 08:31 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

***edit... i'm assuming you didn't mean to reply to me.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #7620238 - 11/10/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

they hang homosexuals, our government vetoes stem cell research because it is "immoral".

were not that far from a theocracy ourselves.

--------------------

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#7620239 - 11/10/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

None have been executed or sentenced since Ahmadinejad became President. The cases that have been reported in Western media are generally fabrications or extreme distortions.
Up until 2005 the USA was the world leader in child executions, executing more than all other countries combined. That's just as bad as killing people for being gay.

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: Disco Cat]
    #7620245 - 11/10/07 08:34 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Any sources? Isn't it possible that information on any executions may have been held so as not to tarnish his image?

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: Clean]
    #7620246 - 11/10/07 08:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I misread your post a bit and edited some stuff out.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: WScott]
    #7620248 - 11/10/07 08:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WScottsdale said:
Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
where is a credible source that says the western media is portraying him wrong?

For instance, when the American media targeted Ahmadinejad's comment on homosexuality not existing in Iran. I can't tell you what he actually meant by his statement, which was to the effect of 'In Iran, we don't have homosexuality like you have it in America', but he didn't deny the existence of homosexuals in Iran like CNN and FOX would want you to believe.

From the TV I did watch that covered his visit to the University of Columbia, I can say that I know that they covered far more of this 'homosexuality issue' than what he actually said in the rest of his speech. If you read the transcript (there is a thread with it in Political Discussion), he comes across as a very intelligent man. The concept of intelligence was not portrayed at all in the media.

To do with this religious aspect of his speech in the video (about the Prophets), I do agree that religion is a very useful tool in divide, conquer and control - but only when it is manipulated to fit the agenda of the one(s) seeking to take control. The majority (if not all) of the major scriptures teach, more or less, the same core values and principals. Ironically, it is these principals that are NOT being followed by those that are giving religion a bad name.

Ay yay yay. If what you said were true there'd be credible sources to make a fuss about the issue. So where are they?

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#7620251 - 11/10/07 08:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

like torture at the hands of america is withheld from the public?

its definately possibly robby. anything is possible.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #7620254 - 11/10/07 08:37 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Well which is worse indirect or direct murder? Stem cell research will be legalized eventually. I mean we do live a pretty progressive country at least. Islamic theocracies will stay the way they are for the foreseeable future but we have the capacity for change.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7620259 - 11/10/07 08:38 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
Ay yay yay. If what you said were true there'd be credible sources to make a fuss about the issue. So where are they?

again, what is credible? government supported? many americans do not consider most news outlets as "credible".

--------------------

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7620261 - 11/10/07 08:39 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I just posted a news article proving what he said. It should still be obvious without the article tho.

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
    #7620264 - 11/10/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
Quote:

WScottsdale said:
Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
where is a credible source that says the western media is portraying him wrong?

For instance, when the American media targeted Ahmadinejad's comment on homosexuality not existing in Iran. I can't tell you what he actually meant by his statement, which was to the effect of 'In Iran, we don't have homosexuality like you have it in America', but he didn't deny the existence of homosexuals in Iran like CNN and FOX would want you to believe.

From the TV I did watch that covered his visit to the University of Columbia, I can say that I know that they covered far more of this 'homosexuality issue' than what he actually said in the rest of his speech. If you read the transcript (there is a thread with it in Political Discussion), he comes across as a very intelligent man. The concept of intelligence was not portrayed at all in the media.

To do with this religious aspect of his speech in the video (about the Prophets), I do agree that religion is a very useful tool in divide, conquer and control - but only when it is manipulated to fit the agenda of the one(s) seeking to take control. The majority (if not all) of the major scriptures teach, more or less, the same core values and principals. Ironically, it is these principals that are NOT being followed by those that are giving religion a bad name.

Ay yay yay.  If what you said were true there'd be credible sources to make a fuss about the issue.  So where are they?

If you do a google search for 'iran president homosexuality', an msnbc page should be there talking about how his statement was taken out of context. Now, you will have to click the 'Cached' link because for some reason the real link is no longer available. :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#7620268 - 11/10/07 08:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

robbyberto said:
Well which is worse indirect or direct murder? Stem cell research will be legalized eventually. I mean we do live a pretty progressive country at least. Islamic theocracies will stay the way they are for the foreseeable future but we have the capacity for change.

progressive enough that this government is pretty much given a blank check to do whatever it is they want around the world and gets away with it?

if their people didnt like their government i have a feeling they would do something about it. it is their right to have whatever government they want. its none of our business to go into another country and try to change them. we wouldnt like it too much if china tried to "liberate" our people to a communist government would we?

--------------------

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: WScott]
    #7620269 - 11/10/07 08:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i was talking more about the holocaust & the wiping countries off the face of the earth quotes

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#7620275 - 11/10/07 08:45 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WScottsdale said:
If you do a google search for 'iran president homosexuality', an msnbc page should be there talking about how his statement was taken out of context. Now, you will have to click the 'Cached' link because for some reason the real link is no longer available. :rolleyes:

but msnbc isnt credible! its a liberal news source!!! :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#7620281 - 11/10/07 08:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
i was talking more about the holocaust & the wiping countries off the face of the earth quotes

even if he did say that they want to wipe israel from the map. i honestly cant blame them. ALL arabs want them out of their land. israel did not, and would not exist if it werent for the US and Britain. we helped the zionists steal the land after ww2 and pretty much offered them unconditional support and protection. it is an illegitimate country placed in the middle of arab territory. i could not think of anything more offensive to an arab.

without our support israel wouldnt have ever been created. and if it had, it would have been destroyed by now. and we would be a couple billion dollars richer every year.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm starting to respect Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad more and more.. [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #7620285 - 11/10/07 08:51 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I do not agree with our countries imperialistic ideals at all. I do not believe you can force democracy on another country. Its against the fundamental believes of democracy itself. The government has reign to do whatever it wants because people are apathetic to politics. They feel that the government has already failed them and they do not participate in elections. We haven't had any issues that have galvanized the voters holistically to go out and do something. The elitists have taken over the media and kept the public blind. By progressive I mean that we, generally, have policies in place that are up to speed with the times. Womens suffrage, the civil rights acts, etc and that we will eventually come to our senses. I'd also like to add that I do not believe that we need to have the death pact that we currently have with Israel. If they can hold the land its fine by me. Iran is a serious threat not only to United States but to the rest of the world. I'm not a republican, I didn't vote for Bush, and I don't watch mainstream media and I still feel this way. Iran definitely has nuclear ambitions and they need to be watched. Ahmadinejad may be a serious problem regardless of what he is saying in these speeches.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#7620286 - 11/10/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

either we will come to our senses, or the government will figure out a way to take them from us. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#7620294 - 11/10/07 08:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Disco Cat said:
Here are his exact words. Apply them to Google and see what you come up with:

een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom