Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
The worst thing about weed is..
    #7617865 - 11/10/07 08:21 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the fact that it is safe. It doesn't cause any physical nor mental damage, doesn't hinder your ability to drive, and it makes things fun. There are no withdrawal symptoms, nor a tolerance buildup, and no long term effects no matter how much you smoke. The worst thing about pot is that these qualities make it hard not to become a daily smoker; Other than price, why not?

I've noticed this cycle: People try weed, discover the above and become daily smokers for years on end. They eventually reduce their intake, but that's mainly due to money.

In my experience, regular heavy use results in poor quality sleep, which results in feeling hazy and fatigue all the time. This would be considered a negative, but it really related to abuse rather than the plant itself.

What do you think the worst thing about pot (or being high) is?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Quake3]
    #7617897 - 11/10/07 08:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I used to have the same opinions on weed but I reached a point where I found it can be bad mentally, and physically so I'm not to sure I would say that the daily cycle is the only danger...

--------------------

Offlinepatrick1110
Stranger
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #7617941 - 11/10/07 09:04 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Not everyone who starts smoking becomes a daily smoker. Most people will just smoke socially, at a party, or at home every once in a while.

Offlineelcharrosays
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: south east
    #7617942 - 11/10/07 09:05 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

um. no tolerance build up? you kidding me?

--------------------

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: patrick1110]
    #7617946 - 11/10/07 09:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

patrick1110 said:
Not everyone who starts smoking becomes a daily smoker. Most people will just smoke socially, at a party, or at home every once in a while.

Haha, you just wait

--------------------

Offlinepatrick1110
Stranger
    #7617951 - 11/10/07 09:08 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I've been smoking for 2 or 3 years and have never once been a daily smoker.

Offlineshroom_ninja
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: patrick1110]
    #7617976 - 11/10/07 09:16 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'd never stop smoking if I could afford it.  I can't guess whether or not I'd miss sobriety.  Prolly not.  :rasta:

As for "the worst thing", I'm going to have to say the illegality is a major problem, perhaps the only one.  Some social stigmas have really caused me some problems in the past, as well.  I've had people completely stop speaking to me once they realize that I smoke the occasional joint.  (Maybe I should thank marijuana for getting rid of some not-so-good friends.)

OfflineSerdal
Stranger
Male

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: shroom_ninja]
    #7618083 - 11/10/07 10:05 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

* Long term use builds up a plack (sp) in the brain which damages your memory.

* Long term use of smoking shows the same symptoms as smoking tobacco... occasional cough, increased risk of bronchitis, tar in lungs, etc.

--------------------
*insert signature here*

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Serdal]
    #7618141 - 11/10/07 10:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Serdal said:

Bullshit.

Quote:

Serdal said:
* Long term use of smoking shows the same symptoms as smoking tobacco... occasional cough, increased risk of bronchitis, tar in lungs, etc.

I saw a comparison of a cigarette smoker's lung, a non-smoker's lung, and a marijuana smoker's lung. The cigarette smoker's lung look completely dark, whereas the marijuana smoker's and the non-smoker's had the hairs, or whatever, is supposed to be in your lungs (the marijuaan smoker's lung did look damaged, but it dwasn't nearly as bad as the cigarette smoker's). Also, marijuana hasn't been shown to cause lung cancer.

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Serdal]
    #7618146 - 11/10/07 10:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Long term use builds up a plack (sp) in the brain which damages your memory.

o please do provide us a link to the study that proves that! have you been reading freevibe again?? :grin:

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

OfflinexTorchesTogethr
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: dutchmushroom] * 2
    #7618166 - 11/10/07 10:35 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the worst thing about weed is... nothing

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: xTorchesTogethr]
    #7618191 - 11/10/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

it can turn you into an unmotivated and boring wreck, provided that you smoke daily

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Loc: Never Land
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: epilectric]
    #7618276 - 11/10/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

epilectric said:
it can turn you into an unmotivated and boring wreck, provided that you smoke daily

Maybe for you.. if you're an unmotivated boring wreck to begin with, then yes it will make it worse. I hate when people say weed makes you lazy and unmotivated, I smoke more than anybody I know and I'm very intelligent and definitely not lazy or unmotivated.

Quote:

Serdal said:

Obviously it affects your memory that's just common sense. The second thing you said is complete bullshit. You cough up marijuana tar shortly after smoking it, and marijuana tar does not affect you half as much as tobacco tar does. Tobacco tar clogs the alveloi in your lungs and causes permanent damage, marijuana tar helps open them and does not stick to your lungs. I don't cough when I'm smoking or when I'm not.

InvisibleZShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Caribou_Lou]
    #7618292 - 11/10/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is the munchies:getstoned: :snowman:  :drunkduck:

--------------------

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: ZShroom]
    #7618648 - 11/10/07 12:52 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

After a two day weed binge (outdoor rave or something) it takes my brain at least a full day to start working normally again. It's frustrating grasping at thoughts and never finding them, or forgetting what you're doing while you're doing it. It's like being high without any positive side effects.

And any daily weed smokers I've ever met fit the borderline-retarded stoner stereotypes seen in pop culture flawlessly, so that doesn't encourage me either.

OfflinePootmaster
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Ophanim]
    #7618894 - 11/10/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke daily, at least twice a day, and when I wake up the next day I feel fairly refreshed and not so fried. It's definitely affected my memory, but I think that's as far as it's affected me mentally.
Physically, it makes me so lazy that I don't want to work out. Then I get the munchies, so I eat eat eat and don't work out, which could cause fatness.
I don't think it's affected my motivation when I'm sober (though I'm not very motivated to begin with). The funny thing is, when I'm high I'm very motivated, but to do something that's not so productive (like recording myself doing funny noises.... haha).

OfflineSpanki
Stranger
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Pootmaster]
    #7619034 - 11/10/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke about 3-4 times a week. I had an average of 88 on my last report card and I am probably more motivated (In my art), than most of the kids I know. I am not saying I am a prodigy or anything, I am a pretty normal guy. But I do smoke quite a bit of weed and I am just fine.

That being said, I have only been a smoker for three years, and only a daily smoker for about one. So as far as long term affects, I don't know.

BONUS FACT: Since I became a daily smoker my grades have increased by more than 10%.

OfflineNEPHROSIS
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: shroom_ninja]
    #7619144 - 11/10/07 02:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroom_ninja said:
I'd never stop smoking if I could afford it.  I can't guess whether or not I'd miss sobriety.  Prolly not.  :rasta:

As for "the worst thing", I'm going to have to say the illegality is a major problem, perhaps the only one.  Some social stigmas have really caused me some problems in the past, as well.  I've had people completely stop speaking to me once they realize that I smoke the occasional joint.  (Maybe I should thank marijuana for getting rid of some not-so-good friends.)

Wtf that just happened to me twice recently. One of them was with some girl I was good friends with who found out and her views about me changed instantly...it's like...you were ok with me before but after knowing something about me I'm automatically evil and you don't like me?

And you're right, I guess it's for the better.

Invisiblekelsey_07
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. *DELETED* [Re: NEPHROSIS]
    #7619276 - 11/10/07 03:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by kelsey_07

Reason for deletion: ...

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: kelsey_07]
    #7619519 - 11/10/07 04:48 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Goddamn there is like a million threads on this, I really can't comprehend how you can say without a doubt that there is no physical or mental damage done by smoking pot. What the hell do you think is in that smoke? nothing but good ol' THC? Well if you're smokin a joint, you've got the papers in there as well. Carcinogens aren't some crazy propaganda.

Kelsey, you're ACT scores don't prove a fucking thing for various reasons; one being that is one isolated case, two being if anything its a correlation/coincidence, three being did you study any differently? There are so many variables.

Quake3, you've got to be kidding me... No tolerance build up? BS. No withdrawal? There is a pyschological withdrawal, how do I know? Everyone I know who smokes has had it including me. No long term effects? While this can't be proven due to ethical laws because we're not allowed to force people to smoke, but there are negative effects. (Same goes for tobacco, as far as we know, smoking doesnt kill but theres a huge fucking correlation between them) As for your "cycle," I barely smoke, maybe 7 times since last december as I honestly find no enjoyment in marijuana.

Now I'm not saying marijuana is some evil drug but im just saying its retarded and ignorant to think that it's 100% safe. Go ahead and indulge, theres plenty of legal things that are bad for you, hell even gatorade when not drank while sweating is really horrible for you body.

--------------------

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: learningtofly]
    #7619562 - 11/10/07 04:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

you need to chill out man, why does every conversation here have to turn into a shit throwing ring, you could have just said "i dont believe that weed does no damage" with out getting all pissy and acting like a 2 year old who just shit himself

even if you dont like cannabis you shouldint trash someone else who does not share that same point of view, you have the right to not like a harmless plant, but you donot have the right to tell us that are opinions are stupid and wrong

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #7619571 - 11/10/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Now I'm not saying marijuana is some evil drug but im just saying its retarded and ignorant to think that it's 100% safe. Go ahead and indulge, theres plenty of legal things that are bad for you, hell even gatorade when not drank while sweating is really horrible for you body.

"even if you dont like cannabis you shouldint trash someone else who does not share that same point of view"

I didn't trash it. Theres a difference between opinion and facts though, which I guess you misunderstood.

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #7619665 - 11/10/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quake3 said:
In my experience, regular heavy use results in poor quality sleep, which results in feeling hazy and fatigue all the time. This would be considered a negative, but it really related to abuse rather than the plant itself.

For me regular heavy use results in a great nights rest every night, very deep sleep. But I still know the hazy fatigue your talking about, I think that's just from the weed.

Quote:

epilectric said:

I agree with what epilectric said but it all depends on the personality of the smoker. I've been a daily smoker for 6 years now and I graduated high school with around a 3.0ish average, I had the highest paying job out of all my friends, drive the nicest car our of all my friends, and I'm currently going to college. Smoking weed hasn't really affected my motivation much.

But I do have friends that are lazy ass unmotivated stoners from all the pot they smoke. It all depends on the persons personality.

Worst things about weed:
Can make you hazy/foggy headed
can make you fatigued and tired
can make you lazy and unmotivated
and long term daily heavy use can effect your physical appearance, bags under your eyes, looking all tired and burnt out etc...

--------------------

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

#7619691 - 11/10/07 05:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I don't believe that weed causes any memory loss...well, actually, weed does. However, it works with cannabinoid receptors in your brain which actually block out bad or depressing memories. Smoking weed in the long term doesn't seem to have any other memory loss. I should know, I've smoked for over a year now, but I only smoke on the weekends now. However, I did smoke every day for about eight months straight during part of my habit. I've started my college classes and I get A's on all my math tests, and this is math I've learned already...I never forgot it from high school. With english, it seems to be easier. I have no trouble writing my essays...in fact, I find it to be easier to write them. Weed has altered my mind slightly (or perhaps it was when I tried LSD) that has made me able to crank out B-quality essays of 3 pages in under 30 minutes. I don't know how I do it, I just do it.

And yes, college has descreased my marijuana consumption as well...but I like it. I stay sober during monday-friday when I have my clases so I can do extra well with school. My tolerance has plummeted, and two hits off a blunt will get me ripped for an hour...I love it.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Offlinetriste
Stranger
    #7625410 - 11/12/07 11:58 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I don't know about you, but I sure do build up a hell of a tolerance. If I go even a week without smoking, I definitely notice a dramatic difference those first few times I smoke, but if I've just smoked the day before, I have to smoke significantly more the next day to get the same effects from the day before. And this might just be me, but in addition to having to smoke more, the effects don't seem to last nearly as long.

But moving on, the drug is going to affect everyone differently, and for those of us who have a natural tendency to be lazy, I think pot facilitates our laziness. I'm sure everyone's at least once planned on smoking and doing something active, then after you're actually finished smoking, you start to want to just sit around and eat instead. Well, at least for me, and I know I've been there many times.

Inhaling any smoke is going to be bad for your lungs and kill some brain cells, but the amount of brain cells that marijuana smoke kills is negligible, and compared to tobacco or any other smoke, marijuana smoke is much better for your lungs. But yes, fundamentally taking any recreational drug isn't going to be good for your body, but at the very least marijuana is easily one of the healthiest drugs out there (especially if you're willing to vaporize or, better yet, bake it).

You can become addicted to marijuana just like any other drug, and it does have withdrawal symptoms. However, you'd have to be smoking pretty frequently to get to that point. I've definitely noticed slight withdrawal effects after going from every day smoking to not smoking for a week straight. I notice a slight reduction in appetite, but it's pretty mild. More annoyingly, I do notice that I have trouble getting to sleep. When I get used to smoking every night before I go to sleep, my body gets pretty confused when I try to go to sleep sober, and I've had many restless nights because of it. Usually some Nyquil will do the trick though if I remember to take it beforehand. This usually only lasts a day or two, but it's worth mentioning.

So, I love marijuana, and I consider it to be safer/healthier than alcohol (but that's a whole different debate) and almost every other drug. Marijuana is still a drug though, so it's still prone to things like tolerance and addiction, but on a smaller scale.

Offlinetriste
Stranger
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: triste]
    #7625474 - 11/12/07 12:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, and I forgot to mention pot hangovers. Some people say they never get them, but I know I've woken up after a heavy smoking session feeling a little out of it (usually accompanied by terrible cotton mouth). It's really not that bad, and sometimes I'll feel great after I wake up, but there are other (seemingly random) times when I'll wake up and just not feel 100%. Usually after an hour and some caffeine I'll be back up to speed, so it's really not too bad.

Offlinec0_hush
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7625523 - 11/12/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The worst thing is that it stays in your system for a while. Damn fat cells!

--------------------

OfflinePeterGriffin467
Dirt Grub
Male

Loc: six feet under
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: c0_hush]
    #7625576 - 11/12/07 12:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yea I dont realy call it a hangover so much as still being stoned when you wake up. I bet it has to to with smoking right before bed because you get stoned and just lay there for 8 hours and the weed doesnt get worked out of you system as fast as when your awake.

--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

OfflineTylerxDurden
~~~~shoa
Male

Loc: California
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #7626320 - 11/12/07 03:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The anxiety and paranoia, it just won't go away. I haven't really seen anyone else mention this, am I the only one that gets so much anxiety that it negates any good effects?

:sad:

--------------------

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: TylerxDurden]
    #7626337 - 11/12/07 03:37 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TylerxDurden said:
The anxiety and paranoia, it just won't go away. I haven't really seen anyone else mention this, am I the only one that gets so much anxiety that it negates any good effects?

i get a good deal of anxiety (not so much paranoia) depending on the situation and setting. I'd say that this is the worst thing about weed.

Offlinetriste
Stranger
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Limerick]
    #7626874 - 11/12/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I get slight anxiety when I'm smoking around a group of people that I'm not used to smoking around, but when it's the regular group I usually get pretty relaxed. Ever smoke alone? It might be a good idea to get more used to it that way if you're not too familiar with the effects yet, and it would build up your tolerance some. Smoking by yourself should eliminate any social stress you might be feeling, so you shouldn't really have any problems with anxiety alone. I don't like to smoke and go in public because I get paranoid if I have to directly interact with anyone for more than a few seconds, but I think that's pretty normal. You could always try smoking smaller bowls maybe. Tolerances vary a lot between people, so maybe you're just getting more stoned than everyone off the same pot. Personally, I hate getting really stoned around people that are just slightly stoned because it just makes me feel retarded and awkward.

I (unfortunately) have a tolerance that allows me to smoke a lot and not get too stoned, but when I go on a break from smoking, I always get floored the first time I smoke, and sometimes I'll get a little nervous if I'm around people when I'm really stoned. Getting too stoned in a social setting is never really any fun for me. You don't want to overindulge.

But yeah, if you're smoking the right amount of pot, and you're in a relaxed setting with some friends that you're comfortable around then you should feel comfortable too. Maybe you're bringing the anxiety upon yourself by thinking about it?

Well, whatever happens, best of luck. Let me know if you make any progress.

OfflinegENERIX
/usr/bin/drinking?
 User Gallery

Loc: Skyward Bound
    #7626984 - 11/12/07 05:49 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have been a daily smoker for around three years now.

Smoking weed every day can really effect your sleep when you soon run out and have nothing left to smoke. I normally enjoy a few joints before heading to bed to get a good nights sleep but without anything it can be extremely difficult to try and sleep, i become so restless.

I have always enjoyed smoking weed at night once i have done everything thats needed to be done and i can finally chill out and enjoy some quiet time.

Do i wish i could cut back and smoke it occasionally? Yes & No would have to be my answer! For me, the positives overshadow the negatives when it comes to smoking daily  :grin:

--------------------

OfflinecoulterIV
Technopagan
Male User Gallery

Loc: as above, so below
    #7627643 - 11/12/07 07:49 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Smoking weed depletes enzymes and nutrients your body needs to work properly. There has to be a reason for the munchies right? Your brain and the rest of your body is a highly complicated electrical genius. Although smoke can make the ethereal visible so can opening my third eye.

--------------------
BREATHE IN LOVE
BREATHE OUT FORGIVENESS
(If you’re not in your breath, you’re in your mind)

OfflinePeterGriffin467
Dirt Grub
Male

Loc: six feet under
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: coulterIV]
    #7627666 - 11/12/07 07:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coulterIV said:
Smoking weed depletes enzymes and nutrients your body needs to work properly.  There has to be a reason for the munchies right?  Your brain and the rest of your body is a highly complicated electrical genius.  Although smoke can make the ethereal visible so can opening my third eye.

:whatever:

--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

InvisibleZShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #7627669 - 11/12/07 07:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, can we have a weed specialist please come in and prove this asshole wrong please?:rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflinecoulterIV
Technopagan
Male User Gallery

Loc: as above, so below
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: ZShroom]
    #7627707 - 11/12/07 08:03 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

ps mary jane will always be my first love :heart:

--------------------
BREATHE IN LOVE
BREATHE OUT FORGIVENESS
(If you’re not in your breath, you’re in your mind)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7627738 - 11/12/07 08:10 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

It doesn't cause any physical

Bad for your lungs to smoke it.

Quote:

nor mental damage

Pot induced anxiety disorders and psychosis?

Quote:

doesn't hinder your ability to drive

You're dead wrong.

Quote:

There are no withdrawal symptoms

Insomnia, irritability, a mental void

Quote:

nor a tolerance buildup,

How do you think people smoke half ounces a day? Huge tolerance.

Quote:

no long term effects no matter how much you smoke

See much of the above and more.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Asante]
    #7627792 - 11/12/07 08:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The ignorance or simple rejection of proven adverse effects by pot smokers defending that which they love so dear speaks for itself.

Invisiblexile
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7627933 - 11/12/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Back to somewhat of the topic.. the worst thing about weed for me is paranoia. Can make me really insecure really fast. Thats the reason I don't smoke 8+ times a day anymore.

OfflineJstHereFrTheCake
Stranger
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: xile]
    #7629099 - 11/13/07 07:02 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I am so fucking sick of this.

Fucking stoners that can't admit that smoking mary has ANY negative side effects.

Wiccan got it pretty good so I don't have to say much, except, get over yourselves. Im glad you like weed some much but fucking stop it.

plus the people who said that anyone who smokes weed will eventually become a daily user are kinda retarded, just because you decided you want to be high all the time doesn't mean everyone would. I have smoked for years and never daily. I'd say i go through periods of smoking once a every week or so for a while and then a few months of not smoking at all. So I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

honestly this is just retarded. Admitting that there are negatives to smoking weed isn't the end of the world. It still has all the same benefits. It should still be legal, get over it and yourself.

Invisibleblo0mz
boomz
 User Gallery
    #7629262 - 11/13/07 08:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Quote:

nor mental damage

Quote:

You're dead wrong.

Quote:

Quote:

nor a tolerance buildup,

Quote:

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: blo0mz]
    #7629412 - 11/13/07 08:57 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

cough

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#7629618 - 11/13/07 10:01 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If I smoke daily for too long then stop I get insomnia and mood swings. Something that will normally frustrate me very slightly will bring me close to violence. I've learnt to moderate use, though.

It effects everyone differently. If you can smoke daily with no negative effects, go for it. If not, don't. Pretty simple.

It seems to vary over time with me, as well. Sometimes I can smoke for months on end and be fine- sometimes just one time and I'll be getting angry over nothing the next day. Generally, though, you have to either be ridiculously abusive of the drug or have a predisposition to psychosis to damage yourself in any serious way.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Quake3] * 1
    #7629995 - 11/13/07 11:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quake3 said:
the fact that it is safe.

Everyone else has already poked holes in that one, so I won't comment on tolerance, driving impairment, lung damage etc.

However, I think the essence of your point is still valid. The most destructive part of weed for me was that I considered it to be relatively harmless. I had friends who got stoned at any time during the day as if there's no reason not to. Sometimes people use it like it isn't even a drug.

I quit recently because I found it difficult to do my day-to-day stuff without my weed habit constantly getting in the way. I've never been a drug person, but the reason I got into weed so heavily is because I regarded it as 'safe.'

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinewtfsb
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7630308 - 11/13/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke once or twice a day now. Used to smoke 10+ blunts a day before. At that point, you don't think too much anymore. It really can make you feel fried, in large doses.

OfflineNineStorms
The Dragon
Male

Loc: Existing between Heaven a...
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: JstHereFrTheCake]
    #7630992 - 11/13/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JstHereFrTheCake said:
I am so fucking sick of this.

Fucking stoners that can't admit that smoking mary has ANY negative side effects.

Wiccan got it pretty good so I don't have to say much, except, get over yourselves. Im glad you like weed some much but fucking stop it.

plus the people who said that anyone who smokes weed will eventually become a daily user are kinda retarded, just because you decided you want to be high all the time doesn't mean everyone would. I have smoked for years and never daily. I'd say i go through periods of smoking once a every week or so for a while and then a few months of not smoking at all. So I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

honestly this is just retarded. Admitting that there are negatives to smoking weed isn't the end of the world. It still has all the same benefits. It should still be legal, get over it and yourself.

I agree that you should treat the herb realistically, but look at it this way. I think a lot of people only focus on the positives hoping to counterbalance all the negative propaganda. I mean, as it is, EVERYONE knows alcohol causes far more deaths, and at *least* has as many negative effects as weed, and yet it's totally legal.

So obviously to some people, you have to make out herb to be a total saint for people to start accepting it. That sadly isn't the case, but I can understand where people come from. Also, some people might have a problem that they're coping with by using, or even abusing, herb, and so blot out the negatives. Either way, the truth is weed is less damaging for nearly everyone than alcohol or cigarettes, which allows for both of these points of view to occur. It's a shame and foolish that people are getting arrested for it =/.

Oh, and right, worst thing? Not being able to go around freely being stoned. That's about the worst thing about it XD.

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: NineStorms]
    #7631108 - 11/13/07 03:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

people who smoke all day look like pigs sometimes.
-you always have to accomade them in your car, house, ect cause they are always saying "dude i need to smoke a bowl."
-alot of them are constatly shoving nasty food down their mouths
-alot of them just burn up gas and go from house to house, car to car smoking weed all day
-if someone has weed, they always say "dude, so and so has weed, want to head over there" like it matters to me.
-they are such a downer to be around when they don't smoke. a week or so after they quit during a hiatus they are fun again.
-EVERY TIME THEY SMOKE, THEY TALK ABOUT HOW LITTLE THEY SMOKE, and how they only smoke when they do this or that, and blah blah and i see them with a bowl in their mouth 24/7

to sum it up, i hate daily stoners because they become slobs who can't take criticism about their own habits. they also become pretty self rightous about how weed helps them. they certaintly love to criticise other junkies, because stoners dont even use drugs right? :rolleyes:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: moon_glue]
    #7631408 - 11/13/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

:confused:

I've known lots of all-day smokers and never met anyone who did those things...

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Caribou_Lou]
    #7631517 - 11/13/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Caribou_Lou said:
Quote:

epilectric said:

Maybe for you.. if you're an unmotivated boring wreck to begin with, then yes it will make it worse. I hate when people say weed makes you lazy and unmotivated, I smoke more than anybody I know and I'm very intelligent and definitely not lazy or unmotivated.

if you would be as intelligent as you claim to be,
you wouldn't have overread the word CAN in my post
it CAN turn you into a boring and unmotivated wreck
it doesn't have to

i know many people, who were once happy, energetic people and smoking on a daily basis for several years turned turned them into boring, unmotivated persons with no interests besides smoking pot

i know people who became completely antisocial, who completely isolated themselves and ended up with no friends, except maybe the people who hook them up and the people, who they share the bong with (no real friendship going on there, more of a pot community)

but then i also know a lot of people, who have been smoking daily for several years and are just as happy, energetic and intelligent as they used to be, maybe a bit calmer

you see, it affects everyone differently, just like every other drug

claiming that weed does not effect ANYone in a negative way, is complete bullshit, just as claiming that it will turn EVERYone into a stupid and disoriented jackass is

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

Offlinegbeatle
Stranger

#7631589 - 11/13/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

weed isnt the same for me anymore. I used to smoke it more than daily mainly to run away from my problems lol and to be cool, but then i found my true inner self :smile: and ditched my shitty ego and found my higher awareness and I feel great but now everytime i smoke i completly forget about everythiung and i dont feel the same and shit kinda sucks its not even worth smoking anymore unless i had a shitty day of work or its some kush or dank or a blunt. :smile:

Offlinecobforever101
Stranger

#7632139 - 11/13/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

definatly the apathy.

Offlinebobty
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7632211 - 11/13/07 07:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:
The ignorance or simple rejection of proven adverse effects by pot smokers defending that which they love so dear speaks for itself.

Definitely

For instance: after smoking bongs all night sometimes I feel a really harsh burning feeling in my lungs, I take it that means it's healthy right? Tightness of the chest can be noted both in experiments and in real life, this is impaired respiratory function and that's certainly not a good thing. Also whoever mentioned tar, er that's not remotely related to the effect of the THC, its a byproduct that most certainly is detrimental to your wellbeing.

It doesn't really help matters that a lot of the pro weed information around is completely and utterly wrong.

Weed is a very enjoyable drug but it pays to have a realistic outlook on the pros and cons of taking it

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
    #7632534 - 11/13/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Quote:

nor mental damage

Quote:

You're dead wrong.

Quote:

Quote:

nor a tolerance buildup,

Quote:

It definitely causes lung damage. Anything smoked does. I didn't mention it thinking it was a given, and if this was a concern, one can use the drug another way. Also, I noticed that unless it's cancer, people don't seem to care much about long term lung damage from pot, justifying it by saying that they take only a few hits as compared to tobacco smokers.

Pot induced anxiety and psychosis depends on the person, set and setting. I've had paranoia from weed plenty of times, but only when I smoked way too much AND didn't take setting into account (smoked walking by a police station, or walking by cops loaded with drugs in my pocket). Otherwise the drug works wonders for my anxiety and I prefer it over benzos. I get psychotic episodes from high doses of caffeine, but I don't believe this is a valid argument for saying caffeine induces psychosis.

I was a daily smoker for years, and had no withdrawal symptoms when I quit. I had insomnia when I was high, and a mental void because the pot caused poor sleep quality resulting in me not being rested the following day. I don't know anyone who's had withdrawals but I won't doubt that insomnia is a possible symptom. Anybody I know who became irritable when they quit weed either 1) mixed their weed with tobacco and so might have been going through nicotine withdrawal or 2) decided to begin smoking because they were irritable and the irritability just came back afterwards.

I've never built a tolerance to weed. I made sure as little as possible got me high because I was paying so much for it. I developed a reverse-tolerance over time, smoking half a joint and eventually cutting down to 1/4 to reach my desired plateau. I have friends who smoke a few grams daily, but it's not due to tolerance. They've smoked that much since the beginning.

On driving.. from my experience and people I've driven with, pot alone doesn't hinder one's ability to drive because reduced reaction time is compensated for by driving slower. However, no laboratory studies that proved this tested what would happen in case of unexpected events that required a fast response (car skidding, etc).

There's a joke that goes like this: If you want to catch pot smokers, stop every car going at 10MHz on the right-most lane on a Saturday night. -

READ:I HIGHLY advise AGAINST driving high!

My main point was that the drug seems so benign in the beginning, and that people will easily justify smoking daily until they realize the mental fog and other negative impact (maybe a cough, etc). With alcohol they can argue about the hang-over, inability to drive, impaired judgment, etc, and the drug begins to cause physical damage early on compared to pot.

I don't consider getting high natural or something that people should do. I believe that our bodies are better off without any drug. I am not "defending" pot because I love it - I don't smoke anymore except for medicinal purposes, which is very very rare.

This is just an interesting issue I've observed about weed and the habits and patterns of people I've introduced to it.

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Loc: Sunshine State of Darknes...
    #7632662 - 11/13/07 09:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

kryp is the answer to most of these problems guys <3  :smile:  except the money one sigh....

my lungs are fine, it aint SHIT compared to what cigs do, drive fine, my brain is fine, my memory is slipping but who cares...and therein lies the problem...
weed causes complacency :smirk: --------------------------------------

--------------------
"Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.” ~Winston Churchill

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: azuresense]
    #7633165 - 11/13/07 10:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quake3 said:
I don't know anyone who's had withdrawals but I won't doubt that insomnia is a possible symptom.

Insomnia is my biggest symptom from weed with drawls, I need herb to get a good nights rest. Without weed I can't sleep and I can't eat.

--------------------

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: RobMarley420]
    #7634878 - 11/14/07 12:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i lay there and think for hours when i try to go to bed without...something ingested

--------------------
"Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.” ~Winston Churchill

OfflineMotorCityMadman
Rubberfan andFunketeer
 User Gallery

Loc: Motown (State of Mind)
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: azuresense]
    #7635128 - 11/14/07 01:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

OK, this is just my personal experience.

Every time I have quit smoking daily (and that's been a lot of times...haven't smoked in about 2 years), about a week later I say to myself "What the fuck have I been doing for the past X months?"

About a month after quitting I feel like I am waking up from a long, hazy dream. Energy level returns to normal, I start having actual relationships with people around me again...

I've often wished I could be like some of my friends who can keep a quarter in their place and smoke it once a week. My point is that I have a track record of abusing this drug, and so my experience is colored by the fact that I abuse it.

I know two things: 1) I never notice the bad effects until I've been away from it for a week or more, 2) I've never known a daily smoker who didn't seem better off after they quit.

It's really my favorite drug ever though...can I have some right now please? :smile:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: MotorCityMadman]
    #7635502 - 11/14/07 02:44 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MotorCityMadman said:

I've often wished I could be like some of my friends who can keep a quarter in their place and smoke it once a week. My point is that I have a track record of abusing this drug, and so my experience is colored by the fact that I abuse it.

I know two things: 1) I never notice the bad effects until I've been away from it for a week or more, 2) I've never known a daily smoker who didn't seem better off after they quit.

:thumbup:

You sound like me.

--------------------

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7638521 - 11/15/07 07:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thirding that

--------------------

Offlinemikeben
Stranger
    #14835762 - 07/27/11 10:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The weight I've gained from munchies is about 15 pounds. That's my only downside. I am on a diet now so hopefully it will be fine.

Offlineyabbahabba
Stranger
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: mikeben]
    #14836204 - 07/27/11 11:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Howdy stranger. Old thread here. 3 years if'ya didn't notice.

If you gained 15 pounds from recently starting smoking weed, here's some pointers for you.

Never smoke when you're hungry.  Always get yourself a nice nutrient boost before you smoke. Yes, smoking when you're starving WILL make anything taste amazing and complex. I used to do that.

But I think you'll buy into smoking after you eat. There was a period where I was pretty (outrageously) careless with myself, and I gained a whole shit load of weight. After I was able to smoke again, being high and having all this extra weight was a mindfuck. I was disgusted.

I couldn't believe I'd allowed this to happen. Who the fuck likes walking around with a jiggly fat suit on? People who are used to it.

Don't get used to it. It's not the weed's fault. Yeah it makes you hungry, but if you've already eaten, you're not really shooting for filling up. Go for pure clean, refreshing, delightful taste, like strawberries, or a fresh juicy peach (in season).  Eat a whole fucking quart of cherry tomatoes!

Just stay away from food that comes in a non-see-through package.

Also, this is really good advice:

Extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder.  Mix this in a bowl, chop up some veggies, mix it all around, if you like heat, add some El Yucateco green habanero sauce, and your cravings are healthily satisfied. 

Seriously, those ingredients are magic.  Veggies are magic. Together, they are, a variation on magic.

Offlinemalevolence
Mathematician
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: yabbahabba]
    #14848296 - 07/30/11 11:48 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm definitely a social smoker. A few times a month mostly, typically with my girlfriend because we can just roll around on the bed and be stupid together. And the sex is great too  :blowjob:  :humpme: I guess I could see how people could be daily smokers but I've never enjoyed it THAT much. Me and my gf got some pineapple kush and we smoked every day for a week around 11pm every night. And it was great, but only because I was with her (AND THE SHIT WAS FUCKING GOOD).

--------------------

InvisibleSobercolober
Tuft checker
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: malevolence]
    #14848318 - 07/30/11 11:53 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Completely disagree about it being ok to drive on it, nonsense and irresponsible.

You get cancer is a fairly crap thing about weed.

You endlessly talk about ....weed ?

You find that your friends are so psychologically and socially indebted to weed that it is like a total dis when you say to them "Yeah I have had enough of smoking weed I am giving up." and then you are like some pariah.

Yeah... weeds ok but you lose as much as you gain.

OfflineGlayvin
Desert Species
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Sobercolober]
    #14848490 - 07/30/11 12:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

INHALING SMOKE IS BAD FOR YOUR LUNGS

Offlinemalevolence
Mathematician
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Glayvin]
    #14848717 - 07/30/11 01:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Glayvin said:
INHALING SMOKE IS BAD FOR YOUR LUNGS

Agreed. Vaporizer :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinemalevolence
Mathematician
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: TylerxDurden]
    #14848988 - 07/30/11 02:31 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TylerxDurden said:

I get slight paranoia when I smoke alone outside. But its only if its dark lol.

I think the worst thing (if you don't use the vap) is actually smoking. Not because the action of smoking is bad, it just fucks with your lungs alot :/

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#14849101 - 07/30/11 02:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I love weed but I hate how people try to portay it as being totally benign. It's not. There are definitely mental and physically health risks that come with smoking weed all the time. If you can't admit that you're either in denial or retarded.

Offlinedutchmasterr
Mystery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Subconscious]
    #14849143 - 07/30/11 03:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Everything in moderation people :thumbup:

Offlinemalevolence
Mathematician
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: dutchmasterr]
    #14849340 - 07/30/11 03:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dutchmasterr said:
Everything in moderation people :thumbup:

True fucking story.

--------------------

OfflineSalviNate
Misnomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dablands Flag
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: dutchmasterr]
    #14849517 - 07/30/11 05:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

its effect on the heart, i had a break of 2 weeks then smoked a formerly average sized bowl
and had a heart rate of almost 200 beats per minute, ever since then my heart has never been the same.

--------------------

Offlineinnerspeaker1967
Iced cooly beatnik
Male User Gallery

Loc: AUS Flag
    #18632542 - 07/30/13 05:51 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

running out.

--------------------

Invisiblehankstymcbankerson

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: innerspeaker1967]
    #18632675 - 07/30/13 07:21 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

2 years to the day, nice resurrection!

:grin:

OfflineRas_Irie
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Baltics
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: hankstymcbankerson]
    #26180600 - 09/10/19 09:34 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I liked weed a lot. It was for me like miracle, and I did not seen how it slowly damaged me... know I fink I am an addict, becose it really hard for me to stop, I had an LSD once, and after that I stooed smoking weed for a month plius, just becose i ddint like the efect no more, thant i smoke few times with friends and didnt wanted to smoke next day, and know Im back on track! Smoking 6 days in a row, and want to stop. I WILL TRY TO DO THIS FROM NOW. And I know a lot people witch cant stop smoking. The worst fing that heppend to me is when i smoke I became tottaly lazy and cant live active life, when i stop I feel really scared and discomfot with people, sometime life seams meaningles... and I cant remember do i started to smoke for this reasons or it is the weed that made me feel like this... and also then i dont smoke i drink beer, just cant be sober, and it pisses me off.... after the LSD I had this fought the to be sover is the normal and a must beaing for human,  but cant do that...

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Ras_Irie]
    #26180811 - 09/11/19 12:39 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

This is a old ass thread bro:jah:
I guess while I’m here the worst thing about weed is Frosted Flakes and I can’t remember the rest..
Edit: also it’s just weed bro. I’ll never stop smoking, herb is the lifeline :shrug:

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

Edited by SFS96 (09/11/19 12:51 AM)

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: xTorchesTogethr]
    #26180855 - 09/11/19 01:15 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

xTorchesTogethr said:
the worst thing about weed is... nothing

:rollsafe:

--------------------
🐴:poop:
hpoo or die

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: split_by_nine]
    #26180905 - 09/11/19 01:44 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Daily smoker. Self-employed. I'm high all the time and pretty much destroy every stereotype associated with it making you lazy and unsuccessful. Jokes on them. The more successful I get the more weed I can smoke so it's a good feedback loop LOL.

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26180922 - 09/11/19 01:54 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

does weed make you unsuccessful? hmmm.. idk.. ask snoop dogg?

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineThePoopTree
Gonna get reeealll weird with it

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: split_by_nine] * 1
    #26181016 - 09/11/19 04:24 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I think it can exacerbate existing issues with motivation.

When I was a youngin, I had a lot of anxiety and depression, and also smoked absurd amounts of pot.  Burning through half ounces every week, and usually ending up dry for a day or two before payday.

Every fucking week, same story.  Did the literal bare minimum at my shitty job, spent the bare minimum on food (ramen and eggs for like every damn meal), put the bare minimum into my relationships.  Just so I could keep getting high.

Fast forward 20 years, and I am in a much better state mentally, but also smoke every day.  I can sense the difference in my mentality now vs when I was young- now when I get high it doesn't affect my motivation like it used to.  I have a really good career, house, married, white picket fence, all that shit.

In my personal experience, as well as watching the experiences of my friends, if you have a lot of pre-existing social anxiety then you should be careful with too much pot use.

--------------------
:cuteshit: :growingweed:

Offlineheatlessbbq
LSD Groundhog
I'm a teapot

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: ThePoopTree]
    #26181091 - 09/11/19 06:02 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Smoke weed everyday.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: heatlessbbq] * 2
    #26181139 - 09/11/19 06:38 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Stoners dodging any sense of adult responsibility by insisting its "harmless".

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineMike O.Rrhizal
Tree
I'm a teapot

Loc: Native Soil Flag
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Asante] * 1
    #26182242 - 09/11/19 05:02 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is I can never smoke enough :bigjoint:

--------------------

OfflineCosmic Eye
The 2nd tallest
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Mike O.Rrhizal]
    #26182319 - 09/11/19 05:48 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I hate the things that are associated with the act of smoking refer. One of my biggest pet peeves is when motherfuckers squirt a big ass piss stream, twice, with the dam Visine. DROPS god dammit! If you read the directions you would know. Its not a one time use tool. Drops! That shit is like $5.99, plus tax too so walk your 2 foot havin ass to the store for the drops I guarantee you will be taking before long.

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Cosmic Eye]
    #26182964 - 09/11/19 10:19 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

who uses visine? own them red eyes!

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

#26183001 - 09/11/19 10:40 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid:
The worst thing about weed is dumb asses giving it a bad name. Most dumb asses who smoke weed were dubasses before they smoked weed. Weeds a shity excuse for being a lazy ass. Ever heard of sativa :crazy2:

--------------------

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

Invisibleteonanacatl83
Tom Fool
Male

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: SFS96]
    #26183022 - 09/11/19 10:54 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is that it's still illegal in parts of the world.  Actually, that's the worst thing about pretty much any substance imho.

These substances deserve to be studied, understood, and allowed to be used for recreational, medicinal, and spiritual purposes. Those who choose to use them should be accepted and understood with compassion.

Other than that, weed is pretty awesome imo.  I've seen people who have an obvious psychological addiction, but I've also met people for whom it's provided incredible benefit.  Those with an addiction should have the resources made readily available for free by the governments of the world, and those whom receive any kind of benefit from it should be allowed to continue to receive that benefit.

Anyone who thinks this is a bad idea obviously should be allowed to express it, but I doubt there's a good argument against compassion and understanding in regards to this or any other subject.

--------------------
"Think about the universe for a moment.
With peyote, you need to expand.
In the fire, everything exists.
It's the record of the universe.
So, through the imagination, the thoughts,
messages begin to come to you.
The sacred shimmering heart."
-Kuauhtli Vasquez

:peyotl:

Offlinezenkusen
Journeyman

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: teonanacatl83]
    #26183237 - 09/12/19 03:52 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

those 2 week tolerance breaks lol:tongue2:

OfflinePrimeNumber
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: zenkusen]
    #26183386 - 09/12/19 06:35 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is the people that smoke it.

Just kidding.  There are three worst things about weed:

1  Tolerance
2  Addiction
3  Withdrawal

Bonus: it's estrogenic
Bonus: it fucks up your REM sleep

It's important to be honest about these things.  And it's ridiculous to say "I personally have no problems with weed, therefore there are no problems with weed." 

90% of people can drink alcohol without having a problem. 
Hell, 10% of people can smoke a few cigarettes here and there without becoming addicted. 

I've smoked quite a few pounds of weed over the years, and I'll take a puff once every few months, but the days of smoking it every day are long gone.  When I quit, I have terrible anxiety and insomnia, and sometimes a psychotic manic episode that lands me in the hospital for a week; this has happened at least three times. 

Nobody ever--EVER--talks about that.  "Watch out when you quit weed, the quitting can fuck you up." 

I'm in favor of legalization, and if you can handle it, please smoke as much as you want.  Just stop with the "marijuana doesn't have any problems" meme.

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: PrimeNumber] * 2
    #26184798 - 09/12/19 07:37 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

To assign a good or bad trait to a plant doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

It is what it is. A plant that produces a mildly mind altering state in some primates.

It is the people and the society who use it for their own purposes that make it good or bad.
If we left it alone it would just be.
Are mushrooms bad? I would think most of you who use them would agree not for that simple fact. The mushroom or the plant did not choose in the way we perceive them.

--------------------
Take it easy man.... But take it!

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: SocalJosh]
    #26185184 - 09/13/19 01:37 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
To assign a good or bad trait to a plant doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

It is what it is. A plant that produces a mildly mind altering state in some primates.

It is the people and the society who use it for their own purposes that make it good or bad.
If we left it alone it would just be.
Are mushrooms bad? I would think most of you who use them would agree not for that simple fact. The mushroom or the plant did not choose in the way we perceive them.

:justastonishing:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Loaded Shaman] * 1
    #26185286 - 09/13/19 05:14 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

a couple of days off per week - i.e. weedless or thc-less - restores my dreams and makes me feel more awake and healthy, although, while abstaining, it feels unfair, as I had quickly become acclimated to the cushioning silkiness thc gives to my mind.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#26185400 - 09/13/19 07:19 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

malevolence said:
I'm definitely a social smoker. A few times a month mostly, typically with my girlfriend because we can just roll around on the bed and be stupid together. And the sex is great too  :blowjob:  :humpme: I guess I could see how people could be daily smokers but I've never enjoyed it THAT much. Me and my gf got some pineapple kush and we smoked every day for a week around 11pm every night. And it was great, but only because I was with her (AND THE SHIT WAS FUCKING GOOD).

This would so not work for me. I've only a desire to eat crap, greasy crap a bowl of leaves just no way. Maybe after shrooms but not weed lol

I don't eat at all now because if I eat before as soon as I smoke it's like I've never eaten at all, my stomach feels empty. I just leave the eating till after and don't get too much crap in. It's a totally weird drug, I don't EVER eat McDonald's or shite take aways like Chinese but on weed it's all I wanna eat lol

OfflineBondVillain
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: sarahnya]
    #26186770 - 09/13/19 08:10 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I love smoking a lil weed after having a couple beers. The worst thing about it though is - it kills your short term memory. For me, it totally decimates my short term memory.

InvisibleBoozie
I like beer.
 User Gallery

Loc: :ↄo⅃
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: heatlessbbq]
    #26187344 - 09/14/19 04:06 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:

Stoners dodging any sense of adult responsibility by insisting its "harmless".

^That

Quote:

ThePoopTree said:
I think it can exacerbate existing issues with motivation.

When I was a youngin, I had a lot of anxiety and depression, and also smoked absurd amounts of pot.  Burning through half ounces every week, and usually ending up dry for a day or two before payday.

Every fucking week, same story.  Did the literal bare minimum at my shitty job, spent the bare minimum on food (ramen and eggs for like every damn meal), put the bare minimum into my relationships.  Just so I could keep getting high.

Fast forward 20 years, and I am in a much better state mentally, but also smoke every day.  I can sense the difference in my mentality now vs when I was young- now when I get high it doesn't affect my motivation like it used to.  I have a really good career, house, married, white picket fence, all that shit.

In my personal experience, as well as watching the experiences of my friends, if you have a lot of pre-existing social anxiety then you should be careful with too much pot use.

^And this

ThePoopTree speaks the truth. (Statement of the Year Candidate)

I have walked an eerily similar path, myself. Still smoke daily, as well. I'm choosy about 'when' these days though. i.e. when the day is done. It can be an absolute motivation killer, no question about it. Sneaky, too. And as I've gotten older, i've noticed a significant increase in anxiety after smoking, regardless of the set or surroundings. The high has sort of.. aged with me, kinda changed a bit. And i've been pretty steady for, shit, 20 years now? Man, that makes me feel old.

Certainly a personal example, but still. Food for thought.

Aaaaanyway.. don't be so fucking naive, fellas.

Cheers to a fine resurrection!

--------------------
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Boozie] * 1
    #26187371 - 09/14/19 04:49 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is that I grew out of it. For years it was great, but then it started making me all introverted and uncomfortable whenever I smoked it. So I gave it up.  :sad:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineThePoopTree

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Northerner]
    #26187423 - 09/14/19 05:51 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
The worst thing about weed is that I grew out of it. For years it was great, but then it started making me all introverted and uncomfortable whenever I smoked it. So I gave it up.  :sad:

You might try looking into different CBD/THC blends.

--------------------

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: ThePoopTree] * 1
    #26187483 - 09/14/19 06:54 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Nah, moved on now. Don't really need it anymore.

--------------------

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26187508 - 09/14/19 07:16 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

but dont you miss it at all?......:musky:

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#26187518 - 09/14/19 07:27 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Nah not really its almost 20 years since I stopped.  :tongue:  I did for a while, but I didn't miss that it had suddenly become uncomfortable for me. I still kept smoking for maybe 6 months anyway with it fucking me up. It took a good friend to point out that I was having a bad time with it for me to actually resolve to stop.
I haven't smoked any this year or the last year, but usually I'll have a puff on a joint if its going round at a party or something. Nothing heavy. I haven't smoked a bong that isn't changa for many years now.

Actually I forget what it feels like now. It's been so long.

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26187587 - 09/14/19 08:16 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Yup just keep blaming your shortcomings on a plant.
You are who you are. A plant did not make you that way.
You made yourself that way.
You can also unfuck yourself by taking personal responsibility. Taking action. Working on bettering yourself.
And there is absolutely no reason while you can’t be high while doing that.

--------------------

OfflineThePoopTree

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: SocalJosh] * 1
    #26187607 - 09/14/19 08:26 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
You can also unfuck yourself by taking personal responsibility. Taking action. Working on bettering yourself.

Gonna have to make a hard disagree here.

Some people are more prone to alcoholism than others.  Alcohol doesn't cause their problems- neither does being prone to alcoholism.  But alcohol + alcoholism is a huge problem for a person.

Some people are prone to social anxiety or laziness, and for some people, pot absolutely amplifies those negative traits.  For some people, being high is a barrier to accomplishing self improvement.

"Just a plant" is a copout.  It's a mind altering substance and needs to be treated with the respect and caution that it's due.

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26187640 - 09/14/19 08:45 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

You don’t see how you are using the people’s issues as bad attributes to cannabis? The cannabis was there long before the person decides to use it. If someone has issues in their life that lead to some sort of addiction I definitely don’t agree that it was at the fault of the substances.

Check out Hamilton Morris on Joe Rogans podcast. He really explains it well that our society does this often. Often curbing any benefits or  scientific research we may find by labeling something g as “bad”
It is what it is.
If some people have a problem with it then they shouldn’t use it. But don’t preach that substances CAUSE people to be a certain way.

--------------------

OfflineThePoopTree

#26187680 - 09/14/19 09:12 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

If some people have a problem with it then they shouldn’t use it. But don’t preach that substances CAUSE people to be a certain way.

If that's what you took from my post, then I suggest reading it again, slowly and carefully.

Exacerbate != cause

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26187702 - 09/14/19 09:25 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Well it’s a fine line between “being prone” “exasperated” and “blame” “fault”
OPs original points and the conversation is about negative attributes of cannabis not people.
I do not believe correlation=causation which I thought you were getting at.

Addiction to those who know it is often times the fault of the person who is addicted and the way they are treated by those around them.

I don’t think people need to be “cautioned” about how pot makes you lazy. That was 1950s rhetoric. It makes you relaxed and in extreme cases tired lol but I don’t see how that is transferred to lazy. 
Possibly about pesticides, chemicals, carcinogens... I would fully support a intelligent conversations of the real dangers of buying cannabis in a capitalist market. That would require some caution lol.
But to make conjectures and arguments about substances and their negative attributes is just fishing for negativity here my friend.

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26187706 - 09/14/19 09:28 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

In fact to go further there are many people who have found that cannabis use has helped them stop using certain other substances. Cannabis use led to a greater appreciation of life. Lifting of depression and just better all around state of being. Not to mention the legitimate studies done on epilepsy in children etc etc

--------------------

OfflineThePoopTree

#26187731 - 09/14/19 09:42 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:

I don’t think people need to be “cautioned” about how pot makes you lazy. That was 1950s rhetoric. It makes you relaxed and in extreme cases tired lol but I don’t see how that is transferred to lazy. 

Correction, it makes you relaxed.  It makes some people anxious.  It makes some people paranoid.  It makes some people happy.  And yes, it makes some people lazy and unmotivated.

It seems like you're willing to say that pot can make you be anything..... except something negative.  That is not reality.

Quote:

But to make conjectures and arguments about substances and their negative attributes is just fishing for negativity here my friend.

If talking frankly about substances is fishing for negativity, then I must be boating in a sea of immaturity.  Thankfully, that hasn't been my experience here.

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26187764 - 09/14/19 10:02 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The utmost objectivity would be to say that it is a plant and does not have positive or negative attributes.

Which was my original argument.
It’s the use not the plant.

--------------------

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

#26187936 - 09/14/19 11:53 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

It has different effects on different people, at different times in their lives. It's always up to the individual to sort out their own problems. Most won't, and will blame the drug/use it as a crutch. That's an even harsher, more detrimental reality than it temporarily amplifying your paranoia/anxiety, etc.

Thankfully, the herb has always leveled me out and allowed me to focus. More like a medicine than a recreational escape. Perception correction.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Loaded Shaman] * 1
    #26188775 - 09/14/19 08:38 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Makes me very fatigued over time as sleep is not great/depleted and I don't enter REM sleep at all. Never full night's of rest or ever any dreaming.

Of course it enhances everything, so it usually enhances my anxiety and paranoia.

I have no use for weed, it literally does nothing for me but kill time I quit for 1.5 years and just recently came back to daily toking and am ready to quit again, I could be evolving my life rather than wasting time being high, it hinders most of my best qualities, reduces my social ability and enhances my own lazyness. Smoking it just enables my escapist qualities

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #26189022 - 09/15/19 12:27 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Let me ask if you also indulge in drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco?
Any other drug use?

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26189292 - 09/15/19 08:07 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

No sir, only been drunk a few times in my life in my late teens. Alcohol not for me, and I've actually never tried a cigarette, I've tried a vape with nic in it, no bueno. Have only used THC in the past 2 years, psychedelics here and there throughout that time maybe once or twice a year

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26189412 - 09/15/19 09:51 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

SocalJosh said:

I think you're moving to the opposite extreme and instead of blaming it all on the plant are blaming it all on the person.

I agree people are responsible for moderating their use, but lets not whitewash cannabis. It like most drugs is pleasurable, which in turn leads to habitual use which rightly or wrongly, can be difficult for many people to control. Add to that a plethora of negative side effects, and sooner or later there will be adverse consequences for anyone who fails to control themselves. But it is the effects of cannabis itself that are responsible for this.

As an example, Cannabis makes me lazy because it gets me stoned. Being stoned/high makes me feel tired. This leads to a lack of drive and motivation. I don't know why cannabis makes me feel tired, but it is not something I could just consciously choose to ignore by any force of will, but a physical side effect of the drug itself.

If a person stops cannabis and finds that their life has dramatically improved, then philosophy aside, the cannabis was to blame and they should stop using it.

I personally found cannabis to have a negative effect on my life and although I will always love it, I am so much better off without it. Thats as much a fault of myself, as it is the side effects that the drug produces...

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: wolf8312]
    #26189765 - 09/15/19 12:45 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
SocalJosh said:

If a person stops cannabis and finds that their life has dramatically improved, then philosophy aside, the cannabis was to blame and they should stop using it.

I personally found cannabis to have a negative effect on my life and although I will always love it, I am so much better off without it. Thats as much a fault of myself, as it is the side effects that the drug produces...</font>

Same here 110%
Cannabis does nothing but ENHANCE my negative traits. It doesn't do anything good for me. Unless I use it very seldomly like once a month and pair it with intended meditation

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26189870 - 09/15/19 01:50 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:
No sir, only been drunk a few times in my life in my late teens. Alcohol not for me, and I've actually never tried a cigarette, I've tried a vape with nic in it, no bueno. Have only used THC in the past 2 years, psychedelics here and there throughout that time maybe once or twice a year

I mean have you thought that possibly ANY substance use would maybe not be a good thing for you? Not just cannabis?

Everyone else:
I feel like if people have addictive personality, or possibly are more prone to substance abuse then it often times doesn’t matter what the substance is. Alcohol, weed, tobacco, etc only makes these things worse but not at the fault of the substance. It was the person with the issues. When you see people who have addiction issues or negative substance issues often times there are underlying issues leading to the addiction. These can stem back to childhood trauma, depression, etc
This is all published and talked about psychology in 2019?

There are plenty of people worldwide who can responsibly use just about every substance created.
Nowadays there is research into Ketamine, psilocybin, meth, opiates, cannabis, etc.
To say that these things are bad because YOU had a negative experiences takes away from all of the people it has helped. Which they have been MEDICINE for THOUSANDS of people and for THOUSANDS of YEARS.
And so my point remains that it was never the substance that is bad or good. It is merely your personal observation of it.
It only is what it is.

--------------------

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#26190011 - 09/15/19 02:57 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Good and bad are purely philosophical opinions anyhow. Not objective realities.

I think you're trying to defend a position with semantics rather than accepting that cannabis, like every substance, is more negative than positive for many people. There is no personal responsibility on those people that they experience negative effects from it, no psychological deficiency. It's just how it is.

Sure it may work just fine for you now. It did for me for a long time as well. But if the time comes that you are having effects from consuming it you will find that there's no amount of unfucking yourself that will make it good again. The only cure will be abstinence.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

#26190023 - 09/15/19 03:05 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:

I mean have you thought that possibly ANY substance use would maybe not be a good thing for you? Not just cannabis?

Yes, besides the occasional psychedelic (once a year or less) I've never been into other drugs and don't want to be.

I'm happy the first and only drug I ever became addicted to was Cannabis, the plant is totally awesome if used properly, but I Abused it rather than Used it. And the withdrawal effects are so harsh(but minor) compared to other drugs(I've never been addicted to anything else so I wouldn't know) but im glad cannabis showed me what dependency, addiction and withdrawals are first hand. Fuck going through the withdrawal process, it's horrible, I'm HAPPY to never get addicted to anything harsher.(Don't try to say cannabis withdrawals don't exist unless you smoke grams of oil a day, and are sleeping for 12 plus hours a day for over a year straight)

It turns into an easy escape mechanism, an easy place to run away to where everything seems ok.

Fuck that, weed makes me weak because I was using it for no other reason than to run, it's not the plant, it's your relationship with it.

--------------------
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Edited by Eclipse3130 (09/15/19 03:12 PM)

InvisiblePhantom45
Traveler
Male

#26190062 - 09/15/19 03:24 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is not being able to smoke it anymore. Despite living in a legal state. There is still the fear of losing my job and being unable to provide for the fam

InvisiblePhantom45
Traveler
Male

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Phantom45]
    #26190080 - 09/15/19 03:32 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I was a daily smoker back when i could and quiting was hard but it was more of a headfuck then a true withdrawl where you are literally mentally and physically sick. Comeing off the pot is all in your head

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Phantom45]
    #26190844 - 09/16/19 01:11 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worth thing about weed is people using it incorrectly

--------------------

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: SFS96]
    #26190918 - 09/16/19 02:53 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SFS96 said:

What's the correct way, out of curiosity?

--------------------

OfflineTheOperator
Stranger
    #26190947 - 09/16/19 04:00 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Well, cannabis can be harming, mentally, for a lot of people in a lot of different ways. But yes, cannabis is generally the most harmless recreational drug one can take. I'm with you there.

Physically, I'm not convinced that smoking cannabis causes any of the same issues that smoking tobacco does, though I think we can all agree that, generally, inhaling smoke isn't good for you.

On the subject of edibles, I once had a health teacher in high school, after I insisted that cannabis was safe because you didn't have to smoke it, claim that edibles could cause stomach cancer. I'm not sure where he got this information from, and I assume it was a totally unfounded claim made with good intentions, in his own way.

I think, all in all, cannabis is relatively harmless. But we shouldn't confuse relatively harmless with actually harmless.

--------------------
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” - Epicurus

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: TheOperator] * 1
    #26190980 - 09/16/19 05:05 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

the worst is that you can use it up

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #26191064 - 09/16/19 06:35 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is the that it becomes the victim of ridiculous labels that society and human beings put on it.
Cannabis is used irresponsibly by people who do not understand or respect it.
Which discredits those who have taken the time to respect and understand it.
Cannabis has helped millions of people worldwide.
Helped in hundreds of ways.
Saved some children’s life.
Saved some families sanity.

I never said people can’t have a bad experience. But that’s their experiences and at not fault of the plant.

One could say thy spines on a cactus makes them “bad” because to us it hurts when we try to touch it. But to the cactus having spines is  great because they offer protection from stupid animals who want to touch it.

Everything is %100 perspective.
Marijuana is bad mkay is a really small and closed perspective lol.

Thankfully to all I’ve annoyed this will be my last post on the subject.
I apologize to the OP and anyone I’ve offended.
Just tying to open peoples mind a little and get them to think past their own perspective.

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
    #26191089 - 09/16/19 07:16 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Ime
I wish to GOD I could smoke a joint

I have terrible anxiety, it’s bad. I don’t know how to even describe it so people could understand. I took the pills but the side effects were so bad I can’t get into it right now.

Medical mary jane was the best safest alternative and now that I moved from that state to a new one, starting a new job etc

It’s been a real struggle that I wish I didn’t have to go through. I’m not getting back on the pills, although it’s so bad I’m contemplating it.

Just fuckin legalize it.

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Citizen X]
    #26191101 - 09/16/19 07:27 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I don’t understand are you saying that medical cannabis helped your anxiety or did not?
We deal a lot with anxiety in my household. One of the main uses of mushrooms for myself. Whats your experience with psychedelics?  They seem to be helping a lot of people with anxiety related issues these days...

--------------------

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26191262 - 09/16/19 09:03 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
The worst thing about weed is the that it becomes the victim of ridiculous labels that society and human beings put on it.

I have been smoking Cannabis since I was 14, and have been through every possible experience and perspective that it is possible to have with it, from aggressively pro ‘this plant is harmless medicine’ to psychotic breaks and hospitalization when mixing it with high doses of psychedelics.

Believe me I respect it! Enough to advise everyone to think very carefully about how it affects you personally before mixing it with psychedelic drugs.

The trouble with Cannabis for many people is that it, or the mind itself, works on association, so it’s only after bad experiences with the drug, that the negative effects will really begin to manifest or intensify.

When I was younger I could pretty much smoke or even eat, as much as I liked. The same with psychedelics. A fearlessness that was really just blessed ignorance or inexperience. Back then I would have dismissed warnings as propaganda, or bad experiences as mental deficiencies on the part of those doing the reporting as well.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Edited by wolf8312 (09/16/19 09:14 AM)

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #26191272 - 09/16/19 09:12 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
I don’t understand are you saying that medical cannabis helped your anxiety or did not?
We deal a lot with anxiety in my household. One of the main uses of mushrooms for myself. Whats your experience with psychedelics?  They seem to be helping a lot of people with anxiety related issues these days...

MJ helped more than anything else with the least amount of side affects. Mushrooms no
Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Quote:

SocalJosh said:

I have been smoking Cannabis since I was 14, and have been through every possible experience and perspective that it is possible to have with it, from aggressively pro ‘this plant is harmless medicine’ to psychotic breaks and hospitalization when mixing it with high doses of psychedelics.

Believe me I respect it! Enough to advise everyone to think very carefully about how it affects you personally before mixing it with psychedelic drugs.

The trouble with Cannabis for many people is that it, or the mind works on association, so it’s only after bad experiences with the drug, that the negative effects will really begin to manifest or intensify.

When I was younger I could pretty much smoke or even eat, as much as I liked. The same with psychedelics. A fearlessness that was really just blessed ignorance or inexperience. Back then I would have dismissed warnings as propaganda, or bad experiences as mental deficiencies on the part of those doing the reporting as well.

Sounds like to me you have some sort of anxiety ptsd or something? Those psychotic breaks were bound to happen regardless. I will be the first one to say f it’s not right for you, than stop doing it, period

There’s no magic pill, there’s no cure all, but for the love of God people just need to mind their own business.

This isn’t directed at you wolf. I’m talking generally. What’s right for some won’t be right for others, and that’s ok

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26191284 - 09/16/19 09:18 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
Quote:

SocalJosh said:

MJ helped more than anything else with the least amount of side affects. Mushrooms no
Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Quote:

SocalJosh said:

The trouble with Cannabis for many people is that it, or the mind works on association, so it’s only after bad experiences with the drug, that the negative effects will really begin to manifest or intensify.

Sounds like to me you have some sort of anxiety ptsd or something?

Nah that trip was like 15 years ago now!

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #26191294 - 09/16/19 09:22 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

It went away?

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

#26191727 - 09/16/19 12:49 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Loaded Shaman said:
Quote:

SFS96 said:

What's the correct way, out of curiosity?

Herb for food, herb for thought, herb for meditation, herb for medication. -  Chronixx

You shouldn’t abuse the plant, if weed causes you issues then you shouldn’t smoke it.

--------------------

Edited by SFS96 (09/16/19 12:49 PM)

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#26192502 - 09/16/19 06:26 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
It went away?

Well it wasn't PTSD to begin with to be fair. I didn't have PTSD before, or after the trip nor any anxiety disorder. As hard as it might be to believe, mentally I am a pretty balanced individual haha! :laugh:

Not sure why it's so important for some people to believe that these drugs are utterly harmless, and that any harm done when using them, must be due to some sort of mental instability on the persons part. These drugs can be life and death manifesting, and can when abused and not respected be incredibly dangerous.

I once took so many HBWR seeds that when I came to, I found myself on the floor thrashing around like a wild animal tangled up in a mosquito net having blanked out for about five minutes. I never even knew what happened! That trip was just pure unadulterated mind rape, and sensory overload, but in terms of absolute terror by no means the worst. I also had moments during other experiences when it was as if I was literally losing control of my own ability to pilot my own body. A very scary feeling but again too much man, you took too much...

How do you think you yourself will react when gazing into the abyss believing with one hundred percent certainty and without any doubts whatsoever that you are going to die?

As long as you're not superman and were born without any fear whatsoever, then almost all people are biologically wired to resist death, at all and any cost.

--------------------

InvisibleTriangleTriangle
New friend
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: wolf8312] * 1
    #26192511 - 09/16/19 06:36 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Having to associate with stoners

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #26192519 - 09/16/19 06:41 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Shot I don’t know. It’s just ime it doesn’t always relate to other people’s lives but what do I know :shrug:

I just bought some of this natural stuff https://www.rejuvica.com/collections/catalog/products/zenapin-ir?gclid=CjwKCAjw5fzrBRASEiwAD2OSV_ONgyMpmBI89_Vz3_csRstXjqaHOHv1ALAIA0zOjCrhb-pAAieb3BoCOnwQAvD_BwE

It’s got kava kava, Passion flower some other stuff so I’m going to try it. I’ve got nothing to lose other than 34.00 so no big deal

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: TriangleTriangle]
    #26192582 - 09/16/19 07:15 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TriangleTriangle said:
Having to associate with stoners

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
    #26192599 - 09/16/19 07:21 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing for me is I started later in life instead of younger. I started using cannabis at 40 and I have not regretted it.

--------------------

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Antigov]
    #26192824 - 09/16/19 09:28 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Antigov said:
The worst thing for me is I started later in life instead of younger. I started using cannabis at 40 and I have not regretted it.

yes! :musky:

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Mike O.Rrhizal] * 1
    #26192954 - 09/16/19 11:04 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mike O.Rrhizal said:
The worst thing about weed is I can never smoke enough :bigjoint:

Yeah been there before. Something about having an unlimited supply of it makes you realize it's not all its cut out to be. For one weed is really bad for you when smoked regardless of the propaganda smokers put out that its harmless. Not saying it's a bad drug just not worth the damage you do to your body when abusing it. Great in some cookies not so good when your spitting out the resins left behind in lungs from smoking it all day.

--------------------

You never kno

Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Shroomhunts] * 1
    #26196826 - 09/19/19 04:31 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The most dangerous thing about weed, is getting caught with it.

--------------------

The only reason why T-rex's can't walk backwards is because they're extinct, which perfectly explains why there are no headaches in the rainforest; The parrots eat 'em all.

My Drawings

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: wolfiewolfie]
    #26197725 - 09/19/19 03:40 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wolfiewolfie said:

maybe if you live in Saudi Arabia.

its legal where i live, plus they just passed a law that prevents employers to test for weed as a basis for employment.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

#26197738 - 09/19/19 03:47 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Good point. Generally speaking tho, I still stand by my claim.

--------------------

The only reason why T-rex's can't walk backwards is because they're extinct, which perfectly explains why there are no headaches in the rainforest; The parrots eat 'em all.

My Drawings

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26197973 - 09/19/19 05:49 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

lol well generally speaking, its not true.

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26197991 - 09/19/19 06:01 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Ya where weed is legal I think it’s a different story for us lol.

But even here people use pesticides and chemicals.
Make heinous amounts of money.
Trash the entire industry with no integrity to those who came before them.
It’s sad really

That why I grow my own!
Cannabis Organicus

--------------------

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#26198423 - 09/19/19 10:04 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Legal weed is cool and all but all it really does it create a much larger and more sketchy black market. Like u said tho even the legal stuff is sketchy. If you didn't grow it don't smoke it.

--------------------

You never kno

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Shroomhunts]
    #26198433 - 09/19/19 10:10 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

yeah okay, no. the legal weed is fuckin fantastic. anyone that argues otherwise is just a cynical butthole.

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#26198443 - 09/19/19 10:16 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

It's cool if you grow it yourself I'm just saying don't trust weed grown by someone you don't know for various reasons. It would be nice if it was properly regulated the problem is consumers don't know what they are buying. The weed game rn is all fucked these people selling carts with fucked up shit in em and kids are the ones that end up buying them bc they can't go get it from dispensary and end up vaping meth or some bs and dying. You read that right people have been getting seriously ill and dying from cannabis products. Didn't hear about that back when it was illegal did you.

--------------------

You never kno

Edited by Shroomhunts (09/19/19 10:19 PM)

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26198449 - 09/19/19 10:21 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomhunts said:
It's cool if you grow it yourself I'm just saying don't trust weed grown by someone you don't know for various reasons.

i bought weed from random black market folks for most of my life. not knowing where the weed came from.. never had a single issue. the legal weed is tested and regulated. always weighs up. always in stock. you must not live in a legal area. no one gets sick from cannabis flowers. you wana try some random carts and vapes.. have fun with that. kids aren't allowed in dispensaries dude. so any kids that get sick from vapes are those buying from untrusted sources.

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#26198474 - 09/19/19 10:49 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

people in my area are not getting sick but it's been happening nationwide in places weed is legal do some research on it man. I agree with you I bought black market weed for many years without any issues obviously it's nowhere near as bad as other drugs. I was referring to the carts that people have been dying from. Weed is a great drug I got bales of it but the whole idea of "weed is safe and harmless" is dangerous because then kids start to believe it and become victims to drug dealers that could give a fuck about who uses their products they just want the most money as fast as they can get it. I think weed should have never been illegal in the first place but there but now that it's being legalized there needs to be better public education on the dangers of street drugs and what marijuana can do to your body if you abuse it as well as regulations and testing for the products being sold

--------------------

You never kno

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26198524 - 09/19/19 11:59 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

in the grand scheme of things there are not many shady weed dealers. uf they want money fast, they need to keep customers, not sell bad shit. youre right it does happen, but hardly. yeah a handful of people ate getting sick or dying from bad vapes. its not very many people. and maybe the person's body couldn't handle the shit. i dont blame weed. its gods gift

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

#26198566 - 09/20/19 01:14 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

It says a lot that it takes 8 pages, and most of the reasons against weed are either personal moderation issues, or having shit connections. Who the hell is getting "sick" from smoking weed? Is this the new vaping? Is legal bud that bad? WTF?

--------------------

OfflineHappyHigh
Stranger

#26198712 - 09/20/19 05:43 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

legal may be great but in a medical state... i'm a broke ass guy every week there is a meal or 2 i'm missing and have to beg and barrow from someone.. so coming up with 300$ every 5 months for script + medical prices are 2x that of street.... kinda a "pay to lose" situation.... and in my state they have told the doctors to push oils and vapes and restrict herbal sales while FDA say stop vaping!!! ....

--------------------
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: HappyHigh] * 2
    #26199010 - 09/20/19 10:33 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is it’s cancerous community that indulges in great misinformation

OfflineSensiLite
Stranger
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Tripsten]
    #26199635 - 09/20/19 03:45 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

that I have to keep it a secret since people here are not very tolerant even at this day and age!

Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

#26199762 - 09/20/19 05:03 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:
lol well generally speaking, its not true.

How can you say that?

If you were to analyse the total number of people throughout history who have suffered from directly using cannabis vs the total number of people who have been incarcerated, punished or otherwise suffered as a result of being caught in possession of cannabis I can guarantee you the latter would be much much higher.

Therefore,

Quote:

wolfiewolfie said:

--------------------

My Drawings

OfflineJoeShmoe
Stranger than Fiction
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. it's not peyote. [Re: teonanacatl83]
    #26199954 - 09/20/19 06:53 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Nothing more needs to be said.

OfflineJoeShmoe
Stranger than Fiction
Male User Gallery

#26199974 - 09/20/19 07:00 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is...

Not living in a state where it's legal to gtrow your own.

But then I don't have that problem.

OfflineJoeShmoe
Stranger than Fiction
Male User Gallery

#26199987 - 09/20/19 07:08 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I'm with you totally. 

I grow my own and do not have a care in the world about pesticides, in the weed or in the environment due to my smoking.

I still am amazed when I think about the life changing impacts I would have suffered if I'd have been busted as a kid.

Nixon's War on Drugs was a tool to jail hippies and get black folks into jail and off the voter rolls.

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: JoeShmoe]
    #26200602 - 09/21/19 05:20 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JoeShmoe said:
I'm with you totally. 

I grow my own and do not have a care in the world about pesticides, in the weed or in the environment due to my smoking.

I still am amazed when I think about the life changing impacts I would have suffered if I'd have been busted as a kid.

Nixon's War on Drugs was a tool to jail hippies and get black folks into jail and off the voter rolls.

Well put sir

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinepixelpopper
Crap Artist

Loc: Dreamland
    #26201083 - 09/21/19 12:08 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:
yeah okay, no. the legal weed is fuckin fantastic. anyone that argues otherwise is just a cynical butthole.

Truly legal weed is fantastic.

IE, its totally legal to grow your own weed without restriction/licenses/etc

But regulated weed that prevents people from growing, and restricts commercial opportunity to those with lots of money is bullshit

We are increasingly seeing things head in this direction, and that's also what all the recent hubbub about vape pens is about - introducing regulation to push out small business because there's lots of money to be made for the big guys

My biggest gripe with weed currently is that it eventually disrupts your natural dopamine production, much the same way stimulants will, and this is why it has a reputation for killing motivation and losing the magic after long term usage

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: pixelpopper]
    #26201309 - 09/21/19 02:19 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

ive been smoking for almpst 20 years. no magic loss for me, and i find it helps get me motivated for things i otherwise dont wana do, like house chores. i guess everyone has a different experience tho.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Offlinetowndaze
Diviner
I'm a teapot

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: PrimeNumber]
    #26201747 - 09/21/19 06:51 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is that it is literally THE most universal and persistently-applicable cure to boredom with the least side effects.

You can be drunk and bored. You can't be blazed and bored, and that is insidiously dangerous if you don't have discipline.

--------------------
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26202068 - 09/21/19 11:54 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

when i quit smoking it definitely took me over a year to shake off that feeling of being bored 24/7 without it and even longer before any sort of creative juices started flowing. for chronic users and imo esp. the ones smoking dabs the dopamine thing is one of those things that keep people using without really realizing the unintended consequences, similar to a caffeine addiction (the day doesn't start without it even if it is already 2pm)

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #26202142 - 09/22/19 01:36 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Quake3 said:
the fact that it is safe. It doesn't cause any physical nor mental damage, doesn't hinder your ability to drive, and it makes things fun. There are no withdrawal symptoms, nor a tolerance buildup, and no long term effects no matter how much you smoke. The worst thing about pot is that these qualities make it hard not to become a daily smoker; Other than price, why not?

I've noticed this cycle: People try weed, discover the above and become daily smokers for years on end. They eventually reduce their intake, but that's mainly due to money.

What do you think the worst thing about pot (or being high) is?

It can certainly cause mental damage when purified to a stronger degree and smoked while already...mentally damaged

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #26202146 - 09/22/19 01:39 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is this fucking thread keeps going LOL.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

#26202179 - 09/22/19 02:11 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Just like weed. It never fucking stops it just continues on any delusional thinking you've already attained. Weed is a kaniving whore. But she's our whore. That's what it makes her a whore ha

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #26202189 - 09/22/19 02:22 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Right, Bill? What a sexy, alluring cunt that Mary Jane is! What a bitch! Lol.

--------------------

OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #26202194 - 09/22/19 02:26 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing is no one likes talking about it or anything in the first place, as far as theorizing goes. It isn’t that they don’t want to speculate but if you do bring it up they expect more and more words on it so that you can’t just simply comment. It becomes a job you must devote to.

People can suffer from socialization fixations and just try to hold you to things. It’s all a plot to force socialization, suddenly? You are not free, and people just purposefully misinterpret things on purpose so as to be influenced by anything anyway as an excuse to be “awoken”.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Blabble40]
    #26202230 - 09/22/19 03:47 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blabble40 said:
The worst thing is no one likes talking about it

You really think that's the worst thing about weed?

First off, people love talking about weed. Proven by the thread. Second, how would not liking to talk about it be the worst part of it?

Your answer just makes no sense

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Edited by Bill_Oreilly (09/22/19 03:55 AM)

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: futurefocused]
    #26202378 - 09/22/19 07:50 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

futurefocused said:
when i quit smoking it definitely took me over a year to shake off that feeling of being bored 24/7 without it and even longer before any sort of creative juices started flowing. for chronic users and imo esp. the ones smoking dabs the dopamine thing is one of those things that keep people using without really realizing the unintended consequences, similar to a caffeine addiction (the day doesn't start without it even if it is already 2pm)

The dopamine thing? Please explain as to my knowledge cannabis does not contain dopamine?

This thread is basically “here are my personal problems and why I blame them on cannabis”

--------------------

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

#26202445 - 09/22/19 08:58 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Quote:

futurefocused said:

The dopamine thing? Please explain as to my knowledge cannabis does not contain dopamine?

This thread is basically “here are my personal problems and why I blame them on cannabis”

I think what the other user was trying to say, is that if you use cannabis out of boredom you start programming your own dopamine kicks. Just like social media clicks. Again, I don't deny this effect at all. This can, does, and will happen with any stimulant - and most activities in general that cause dopamine spikes (sex, etc.).

I'm a >1.0g a day/daily user and I see all sides of the fence on this one equally. It's a trade off. Everything is. The long term consequences of cannabis use are negligible for myself personally and my lifestyle/career.

It's a positive net gain in that aspect. It's never not inspired me to improve myself, because for me cannabis is a tool that helped keep my "true self" ON so I could make those higher level behavioral choices for myself. I also didn't start using cannabis until my 19th birthday. I will happily admit I used to smoke way, way too much on a daily basis (easily destroy 1/8 oz a day, not joking - there's your escapism/dopamine rape if there ever was one). I'm now smoking less than 1g a day and I'm getting the exact same effects, enlightenment, and clarity out of that. That's why I jokingly said "I'm micro-dosing cannabis" in another thread; relative to what I used to smoke, you're damn right that's a micro dose!

HOWEVER -  someone struggling and using cannabis as a crutch INSTEAD of upping the root causes of their boredom/existential apathy (I've been there dozens of times), etc - that's where I'd say cannabis starts having negative effects. Replace cannabis with any stimulant at that point though, and it doesn't matter. Hell, I'll play devil's advocate and argue one of the purposes of cannabis is to "get you high" to show you new ways of thinking about yourself, your behaviors, etc. It's a mild psych when smoked. It can get intense when ingested at high levels. That's why I see all sides of the coin on this one.

Vape. Coffee. Masturbation. Hiding from yourself is hiding from yourself. As long as you consciously work on your issues, there is no issue IMHO. Deny yourself the awareness to learn and grow, and life stagnates and becomes a self-induced living hell.

--------------------

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26202515 - 09/22/19 09:52 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

agreed. well spoken.

OfflineThePoopTree

#26202535 - 09/22/19 10:01 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:

If your "personal problems" disappear when you stop smoking, then it's reasonable to think that there's something else at play other than just pure personality.

You can ascribe *only* positive things to pot, or you can be objective.  Choose.

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26202551 - 09/22/19 10:11 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

If you read my post I never said that I ascribe only positive things. I think it’s ridiculous to label a plant good or bad based on your personal use of it. Or at all. It’s a fucking plant people. Good and bad are labels made up by us. Good or bad to you might be completely different to someone else and the cannabis plant doesn’t give two shits either way. It’s just trying g to live it’s life and propagate until some human fucks decide to use it for their own personal gain and whatnot.
Jesus the human need to label stuff is just astounding. We can’t just let something be without thinking “what good/bad uses can I get from this?”
It’s pathetic really that the botany and biology of a single species of plant has been reduced to labeling things upon their human use instead of appreciated for what they are.
Another expression of life on Earth.

--------------------

OfflineThePoopTree

#26202558 - 09/22/19 10:14 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

It’s a fucking plant people.

It's a fucking psychoactive drug, people.  Fixed.

The rest of your post:  I'm reminded of a saying.  Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.

--------------------

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26202663 - 09/22/19 11:15 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is it’s cancer community that treats it like a thing that can do no harm to anyone
That the notion that weed should complicate by aspect of some ones life has to be kept silent as if they are the ones trying at propaganda now

Offlinepixelpopper
Crap Artist

#26202675 - 09/22/19 11:23 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:

Marijuana produces dopamine when used, same way stimulants do but not to as high of a degree. Eventually, after long term heavy usage, it can interfere with your brain producing dopamine naturally in its own way because its learned it doesn't have to. This is why initially, some people experience the same kind of dopamine good feels and motivation increase while using marijuana, and then many years later can lose this effect. Its a pretty common experience... maybe you haven't experienced it but there's no shortage of people talking about their own experience of this effect. Most of these people don't know about the dopamine correlation though.

Do some googling and read up on the science yourself if you want.

Offlinepixelpopper
Crap Artist

#26202677 - 09/22/19 11:25 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ThePoopTree said:
Quote:

It’s a fucking plant people.

It's a fucking psychoactive drug, people.  Fixed.

The rest of your post:  I'm reminded of a saying.  Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.

The whole "its a plant!" argument is so dumb to me. Yes, it is a plant. And there are also lots of plants that can be extremely damaging to you, even kill you. So the argument that something is a plant means nothing in relation to its effects on the human body/brain.

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26202763 - 09/22/19 12:09 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

yes, but being "just a plant", it is 100% harmless in its natural state. not like poison ivy or giant hogweed that will cause blisters on your skin if you come in contact with those. weed has no inherent danger in nature. there is a tiny risk only when you choose to ingest it. so yah, it's just a plant.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Offlinepixelpopper
Crap Artist

#26202772 - 09/22/19 12:12 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

While that may be true, the statement "its just a plant" is still not a valid argument in any way.

And you just sound like a moron for even thinking it is. The kind of morons stereotyped as potheads.

And any potential dangers in this plant are not in physical contact. That doesn't mean there are no dangers involved from its usage. Another non-argument that completely discounts what happens in the body, brain and psyche.

Edited by pixelpopper (09/22/19 12:15 PM)

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26203089 - 09/22/19 03:08 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

well, if you read the data, cannabis is the opposite of harmful physiologically. it has anti-cancer effects and also neuroprotective properties. it is used to manage pain and sleep schedules. it helps ease the symptoms of epilepsy.. and the list continues. so to say that weed is "dangerous" is the moronic sentiment here.

FOR YOUR HEALTH!

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26203128 - 09/22/19 03:27 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I would say ignoring the fact that it does have harmful effects for many is the dangerous and moronic thing
From the simples inability to look outside their own personal experience

InvisiblePinkFloyd_420
Lurking
Male

#26203137 - 09/22/19 03:31 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

inb4...just cause anyway,
illbeback

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26203289 - 09/22/19 05:05 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tripsten said:
I would say ignoring the fact that it does have harmful effects for many is the dangerous and moronic thing
From the simples inability to look outside their own personal experience

harmful for many? lets see the data on this one, please.

if youre talking about having a panic attack, thats not exactly harmful as it is just uncomfortable.

but lets see this data on the many people harmed by cannabis. (im sure there are ER statistics on people coming in for weed because they are "too high" lol but that's not harmful to their health)

i can provide multiple examples of clinical trials of which conclude the numerous positive psychological and physiological effects of cannabis.

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26203294 - 09/22/19 05:08 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

You sound like such a tool 😂 there are people who have negative effects fro me weed that go beyond “oh I’m too high”
I never said there want any evidence that weed was good for many too
Your just exactly the type of cringe lord I describe “uh no my plant is perfect there literally nothing wrong with it I need to spread misinformation”

<> This thread - To cringe to continue putting effort into

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26203304 - 09/22/19 05:11 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

still waiting for the data..

if youre simply saying weed isnt for everyone, i agree. but i do not agree that it is harmful.

cool name calling, btw :wink:

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26203326 - 09/22/19 05:20 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

No it’s the fact that there is obviously data and help complications from certain methods administered ect ect
It’s the way ppl like you act about it
It’s cringe and you can look it up yourself I’m not being apart of this little ego jerk off
Think what you want about me , I keep my mind sharp by avoiding debates like this lol

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26203331 - 09/22/19 05:24 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

And I know man
Your gonna need to jerk your ego off and pretend like me not putting the info up means you some how “win”
Whatever that means
( even tho three seconds with google is all it took for me to find anything )
Your attitude about this just simply cringes me out and I’m not participating

Edited by Tripsten (09/22/19 06:03 PM)

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26203590 - 09/22/19 08:09 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:
still waiting for the data..

if youre simply saying weed isnt for everyone, i agree. but i do not agree that it is harmful.

cool name calling, btw :wink:

here is some data

results: The MJ users showed differences in PSG measures (lower total sleep times, and less slow wave sleep than the control group) on both nights; they also showed worse sleep efficiency, longer sleep onset, and shorter REM latency than the control group on Night 2. More sleep continuity parameters were significantly worse for the MJ group than the control group on Night 2 versus Night 1, indicating that sleep in the MJ group was relatively worse on Night 2 compared to Night 1.

most know the body heals itself through a good night sleep and a good night sleep requires REM sleep however herb lowers the quality of sleep and keeps the brain from finishing the 5 stages of REM to help with tasks such as memory storage etc. i know when i was a heavy daily user (half oz a day at least personally) i didn't dream at all and also had terrible short term memory (lost my keys/phone several times a day, couldn't remember if i locked the door, god forbid remember what i had for breakfast etc). I still remember when my gf at the time mentioned she could see the difference instantly between me being high and not high to the point she would encourage me to smoke even though she was not a smoker herself and just wanted me to be enjoyable. not everyones experience and/or usage is the same but just sharing my own. other people experience loss of appetite, inability to go to sleep etc. sure the withdrawals are not the same comparable to harder drugs but there are side effects nonetheless. im just rambling now but it all depends on your definition of what you consider harmful, I for one cannot remember several years of schooling or events that people still talk to me about and I for the life of me cant remember, I just nod and say hell yea good times. When your 80 and looking back on life, memories are more then likely going to be more important than material objects so take care of your mental health. ff out.

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26203659 - 09/22/19 08:47 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

lmao, a 2 night sleep study on heavy cannabis users discontinuing use for said two nights.. laughable.

the 17 cannabis users are used to tokimg up before bed and for these 2 nights they didnt smoke.. leading to a bit of anxiousness. duh. did you even read it?

Quote:

The aim of this study was to determine if MJ users self-reporting sleep disturbance when discontinuing MJ use in the past show objective PSG findings that are different from a drug-free control group

spending a few extra minutes to fall asleep is not harmful. and they quit weed for the study. it wasnt a study on the active effects of marijuana.

plus, 31 people is hardly enough data to say this is true.

NEXT!

--------------------
hpoo or die

Edited by split_by_nine (09/22/19 08:54 PM)

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26203667 - 09/22/19 08:50 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

smoking 14 grams of weed a day, im not surprised you lost your keys a few times. thats way too much unless you're a cancer patient. i smoke maybe a half gram a day.. if that. maybe a whole gram over the weekend.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26203837 - 09/22/19 10:57 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

i see your POV, your a casual user. of course I wouldn't think there is an issue with herb if I were a one/two bowl smoker. everything is fine with moderation however your viewpoint is from a person who drinks to enjoy the taste and maybe get a slight buzz however there are still many people who hit the bars every night and get blackout drunk and those are the people who might end up with issues down the line, not the casual sipper, with physical dependency issues such as withdrawals etc.

if you want more data maybe you should look into these, the fact is marijuana research has only just begun due to legalization and the long term side effects are still unknown because there has not been legalization at federal level prohibiting research such as long term studies following subjects over there lifetimes. to find volunteers on substances that are still frowned upon among those employed to publicly participate is difficult in its own right so data will be difficult to gather on a wide scale is my own theory on the subject. if there is smoke there might be fire just saying.

regardless, there is a sizeable population who partake as much or even more than me on a regular basis and your argument of active effects vs side effects doesn't make sense to me. if you use you should think about both, not just one and just because you might not have any effects doesn't mean they don't exist in the first place. oh and btw, i didn't smoke it i vaped it and only hit greens and dumped the rest hence the large amount not that it changes anything but perspective and an accurate portrayal . ff out

Sleep continuity, architecture and quality among treatment-seeking cannabis users: an in-home, unattended polysomnographic study. By: Pacek, Lauren R.; Herrmann, Evan S.; Smith, Michael T.; et al. EXPERIMENTAL AND CLINICAL PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY  Volume: 25  Pages: 295-302, 2017

Marijuana use patterns and sleep among community-based young adults. By: Conroy, Deirdre A.; Kurth, Megan E.; Strong, David R.; et al. JOURNAL OF ADDICTIVE DISEASES  Volume: 35  Pages: 135-143, 2016.

Cannabis withdrawal and sleep: A systematic review of (36) human studies. By: Gates, Peter; Albertella, Lucy; Copeland, Jan. SUBSTANCE ABUSE  Volume: 37    Pages: 255-269, 2016

Dose-dependent cannabis use, depressive symptoms, and FAAH genotype predict sleep quality in emerging adults: a pilot study. By: Maple, Kristin E.; McDaniel, Kymberly A.; Shollenbarger, Skyler G.; et al. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE  Volume: 42  Pages: 431-440, 2016

Effect of cannabidiol on sleep disruption induced by the repeated combination tests consisting of open field and elevated plus-maze in rats. By: Hsiao, Yi-Tse; Yi, Pei-Lu; Li, Chia-Ling; et al. NEUROPHARMACOLOGY  Volume: 62 Pages: 373-384, 2012

Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of THC: CBD extract. Johnson JR, Burnell-Nugent M, Lossignol D, Ganae-Motan ED, Potts R, Fallon MT. J PAIN SYMPTOM MANAGE. Volume 39, pages 167-79, 2010.

The effects of cannabinoid administration on sleep: a systematic review of human studies. Peter J. Gates, Lucy Albertella, Jan Copeland, SLEEP MEDICINE REVIEWS Volume 18, pages 477-487, 2014

Cannabis use and the development of tolerance: a systematic review of human evidence. By: Colizzi, Marco; Bhattacharyya, Sagnik, iNEUROSCIENCE AND BIOBEHAVIORAL REVIEWS  Volume: 93  Pages: 1-25, 2018

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26203844 - 09/22/19 11:07 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Lol your arguments about your own insecurities have basically proven my point that humans must and I mean MUST label absolutely everything in terms of good vs bad.
Thanks for making my point!
Btw calling people morons for looking at a plant objectively is good way to make an ass of yourself lol.
Marijuana does not produce dopamine effects in your brain. Your brain has whats called cannabinoid receptors that work completely apart from your dopamine receptors. It’s called an endocannabinoid system.
Like really people if you aren’t going to put the time in to even be educated about what your talking about then what is the point?
For every negative article you have pulled and every negative point you have made there are scores of successes.
I never once said that cannabis has no negative side effects. I said that to label a plant or to label anything or anyone within a box of good vs bad is a pretty ridiculous, immature, and uneducated perspective.
But if you would like to go through life pushing your own negativity on everyone else then that’s your call.

--------------------

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26203845 - 09/22/19 11:09 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

i hope you were growing your own because thats a considerable amount of waste your making by only "hitting greens" and would not be affordable by your average pothead.

weed has been used for centuries so im pretty certain we know of its long-term effects.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26203847 - 09/22/19 11:09 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Lol your arguments about your own insecurities have basically proven my point that humans must and I mean MUST label absolutely everything in terms of good vs bad.
Thanks for making my point!
Btw calling people morons for looking at a plant objectively is good way to make an ass of yourself lol.
Marijuana does not produce dopamine effects in your brain. Your brain has whats called cannabinoid receptors that work completely apart from your dopamine receptors. It’s called an endocannabinoid system.
Like really people if you aren’t going to put the time in to even be educated about what your talking about then what is the point?
For every negative article you have pulled and every negative point you have made there are scores of successes.
I never once said that cannabis has no negative side effects. I said that to label a plant or to label anything or anyone within a box of good vs bad is a pretty ridiculous, immature, and uneducated perspective.
But if you would like to go through life pushing your own negativity on everyone else then that’s your call.

:toast:

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26203849 - 09/22/19 11:12 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:
i hope you were growing your own because thats a considerable amount of waste your making by only "hitting greens" and would not be affordable by your average pothead.

weed has been used for centuries so im pretty certain we know of its long-term effects.

I doubt these guys even smoke is what it sounds like to me.

--------------------

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#26204264 - 09/23/19 09:23 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Just speaking from personal experience I have seen people have drug seizures from marijuana it can have negative outcomes for some users. It also has many negative long term effects which you are bound to notice in yourself and others if you are a long term user. It is a relatively harmless drug for most people when used in moderation but that is not always the case. I don't need a study to prove it because it's just my personal opinion based on what I've seen in my own life.

--------------------

You never kno

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

#26204268 - 09/23/19 09:30 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

What no way dude it’s literally perfect in every single way there’s literally not a single thing which is negative about it how dare you come after weed dude ahah
I’m cringy and need to spread misinformation

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26204283 - 09/23/19 09:40 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

human laws have nothing to do with the natural order of nature. saying weed is dangerous because of police is actually saying the police are dangerous. derp.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26204468 - 09/23/19 11:24 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

bro im a weed advocate but to argue that there is no side effects at all are close minded and simply showing your experience level. most things are fine within moderation but when you become out of balance life has a way of rebalancing for you one way or another.

edit: and i never called anyone a moron, but as they say.. a liar always thinks everyone else is lying. someone simply asked for data, and i shared data. i never argued marijuana has dopamine in it but it does effect dopamine receptors in the brain and heavy users have less dopamine released.

source

Edited by futurefocused (09/23/19 11:35 AM)

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26204537 - 09/23/19 11:50 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:

lmao not in mass consumption by todays standard. hitting a peace pipe in a teepee or whatever ways it was consumed in ancient china is no where like it is today. there is a difference between recreational usage and medicinal usage and the majority of users today are strictly recreational.

keywords: average pothead, i admitted i was a heavy chronic user and was not an average pothead by any means, smoking a half gram was just to get out of bed in the morning and apparently my trash is your treasure, like i said to my neighbor who would beg for my roaches in the ash tray when i smoked blunts, take it all my friend.

I disagree with your argument stating you know the long-term effects because the weed from 100 years ago isn't the weed from today and the weed from the 70s isn't the weed from today and the weed from 2000 isn't the weed from today. your being short sighted amigo

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Quote:

split_by_nine said:

I doubt these guys even smoke is what it sounds like to me.

no i don't smoke anymore because there are healthier ways to use consume and preserve longevity in the game of life and to get the effects i'm personally looking for.. but to be honest josh, sounds like you don't smoke enough to get where i'm coming from.. but please don't because smoking whatever the medium isn't the best. ff out

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #26204693 - 09/23/19 01:05 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The weed from today is the same as the weed from yesteryear. The increase in potency is due to more strains being found in other parts of the world and cross breeding with other more potent strains. There is not a scientific way to increase the potency of a seed(s) (that I know of). The DNA is in the seed and can be maximized to produce it's full THC potential by perfect conditions, but THC can not be increased by any other means than cross breeding. Been smoking on and off since 1977. 1st time I was 6-7yo. it's a different story though...

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26204721 - 09/23/19 01:20 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the info T-rex! i was just about to ask futurefocused if he was alive in the 70s, smoking weed, to make that claim.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26204727 - 09/23/19 01:26 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

not to keep going on about your only "hitting greens" and emptying the rest, but why on earth would you pack more than you want to smoke? thats seriously wasteful friend. like if you only want a green hit, just pack one hit. bada-bing.

it sounds to me like you are exaggerating a bit. what kind of job did you hold while smoking a half ounce a day? and were you buying ounces at a time? pounds? whats the price? how could you afford rent if your buying that much weed? and how could you have a good job if you were roasted 24/7?

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineShroomhunts
Hunter Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#26204734 - 09/23/19 01:33 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The potency is not just cross breeding its selective breeding for the most potent plants and cloning the best phenotypes. Mushroom potency can be increased the same way by cloning the most potent. To say the cannot be increased by any other way than cross breeding is misinformation.

--------------------

You never kno

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26204769 - 09/23/19 01:58 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:
not to keep going on about your only "hitting greens" and emptying the rest, but why on earth would you pack more than you want to smoke? thats seriously wasteful friend. like if you only want a green hit, just pack one hit. bada-bing.

it sounds to me like you are exaggerating a bit. what kind of job did you hold while smoking a half ounce a day? and were you buying ounces at a time? pounds? whats the price? how could you afford rent if your buying that much weed? and how could you have a good job if you were roasted 24/7?

this is not AMA about my life so skip the personal questions, im just sharing my experiences. to elaborate on the waste aspect, i quit smoking blunts, went to joints, couldn't quit smoking for the life of me and then was gifted a volcano and actually after tripping mushrooms i was able to quit and now i just cook with it sparingly.

its not the same as i think your imagining when it comes to smoking greens out of a bong/pipe/chillum, you load a bowl and let it fill the bag to your preference level. some people keep making vape bags out of the same material i preferred taste so i would just half cups full of half spent herb that im sure some might still enjoy but i didn't so when i refer to greens i am talking about one bowl per bag not multiple bags per bowl if that makes sense.

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26204791 - 09/23/19 02:11 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:
thanks for the info T-rex! i was just about to ask futurefocused if he was alive in the 70s, smoking weed, to make that claim.

I don't have to be alive in the 70s to make that claim, according to t-rex words and the spirit of what I'm saying is the weed is the strongest it has ever been than in previous years due to cross breeding and genetic selection. The amount of THC is at all time highs with modern weed, and sure the DNA is the same (same weed) however cultivation and selecting the stronger genetics to clone and cross breed has allowed THC levels to go from <5% to >30% in a matter of decades. Sure the weed from yesteryear is most likely the same because that is such a short time span but when we are talking decades and centuries such as your claim that we know the long term effects of herb then its comparing two different weeds similar to two different child hoods that one doesn't exist anymore, I grew up without smart phones in school but kids born post-2010 will know nothing but smart phones in school. Yes everyone will still have a childhood but the childhoods wont be the same.

Andy LaFrate, president and director of research at Colorado potency testing lab Charas Scientific, reported at the American Chemical Society meeting this year that the amount of THC — the active ingredient in marijuana that's responsible for the high — has tripled in the last 30 years. In the 1980s, he said in a video at the meeting, marijuana THC levels were well below 10%, while the average today is about 20%. He's even measured up to 30% THC in some especially potent strains.

Other labs have found similar increases. A double-blind, placebo-controlled study in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology reported that THC content doubled from about 5% in 1990 to 10% in 2005, and that levels up to 40% have been found in hash oil. The authors, who tested the effects of different THC levels on 20 recreational marijuana users, attributed this rise to the growing popularity of indoor hydroponic growing techniques.

source

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26204802 - 09/23/19 02:20 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

the only weed they had available for testing in 1970s was ditch weed and there were very few tests done, if any at all. to say that the weed today is way stronger is only saying that it is grown with better care and attention, but the thc cap is in the genes. you cannot make a plant stronger, but you can find the best method to grow the said plant so that it reaches its full potential

--------------------
hpoo or die

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#26204819 - 09/23/19 02:27 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomhunts said:
The potency is not just cross breeding its selective breeding for the most potent plants and cloning the best phenotypes. Mushroom potency can be increased the same way by cloning the most potent. To say the cannot be increased by any other way than cross breeding is misinformation.

The DNA in the seed is the potency no matter what, period. It can not be increased in the seed before growing, period.

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #26204829 - 09/23/19 02:32 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

It ok guys my cock is way bigger than all yours lol
Change my mind lol
I thought this site was for adults? 21+ I guess it’s for teenage kids to make uneducated arguments

--------------------

Edited by SocalJosh (09/23/19 02:34 PM)

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#26204834 - 09/23/19 02:34 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26204841 - 09/23/19 02:36 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

:excuseme::cophappy:

--------------------
hpoo or die

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26204849 - 09/23/19 02:37 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

sure if you want to split hairs let me rephrase. the consumable product of today is way stronger than before. people weren't doing indoor hydroponic growing with dialed in nutes and tek. the point im making is that you cannot say we know the long term effects of herb because it has been in use for centuries is incorrect because the consumable product a century ago is different than the consumable product of today THC level wise and cultivation wise. there has been plenty of instances of growers using pesticides to beef up yields and the wow factor at the expense of consumer safety.

The nine grows mentioned in the documents aren't the only cultivation operations under scrutiny. As reported by 9News, a Denver growing operation for LivWell — a chain of dispensaries with nine locations in the state — had approximately 60,000 plants put on hold in April after health officials deemed LivWell's use of Eagle 20 could be unsafe for consumption.

Used to fight powdery mildew on plants, Eagle 20 has become a subject of debate among cannabis growers because of its unknown long-term effects. A 2012 study by Dow AgroSciences showed that Eagle 20 contained numerous chemicals that had caused cancer in lab animals, but whose effect on humans has not been documented.

source

Legal Pot still has toxic problem via Vice News

Look I could find more examples but the point I am trying to make is you can't trust things you don't grow yourself. Even weed at legal dispensaries are grown with questionable chemicals sometimes which the long-term effects aren't known yet and only time will tell. If your buying weed from a friend or your local "plug" its definitely not even tested and who knows how much pesticide/fertilizer could have been used to increase yield and secure the most almighty dollar per plant.

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26204856 - 09/23/19 02:41 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

pesticides, not weed, is the danger bub.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

#26204866 - 09/23/19 02:44 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

funny how they halt the production of 60k plants because pf potential health risks... and yet, there are booze and cigarettes sold on every corner in america.

i hardly think the weed was really a threat to consumer health given the fact that we can buy products that WILL give us cancer lol

--------------------
hpoo or die

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26204868 - 09/23/19 02:46 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

split_by_nine said:

%100 these capitalist yuppies don’t care about growing organic. Only about the almighty dollar and fill your beloved cannabis with chemicals and pesticides. I have been the only one up until now to say one word about this thank you for having some sort of educated response.
These people still think the news tells them the truth apparently hahahahaha

--------------------

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26204903 - 09/23/19 03:01 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

yeah regulated industry standards on booze keeps moonshine from being on the shelfs that potentially could be blind or lethal. happens all the time in third world countries such as indonesia

cigarettes were the defacto sign of the social elite at one point and eventually was socially acceptable everywhere by the 1950s. no one knew the long term effects and eventually only when enough people had health problems and complained did something actually happen to protect consumers.

The government is not always for the people. Lobbyists from corporations with deep pockets will always find a way to legalize stuff for the sake of profit even if it is at the detriment to the consumer hence why these products are still sold on every corner in America.

A story...

Cigarettes were originally sold as expensive handmade luxury goods for the urban elite. It was not until mass-production methods coupled with aggressive marketing that the industry began to see off traditional pipe-smoking and tobacco-chewing habits, particularly in the United States.

American tobacco firm Philip Morris was particular adept at marketing its cigarettes. It gave us the chiselled looking Marlboro Man who declared: "For man's flavour come to Marlboro Country."
Get Society Weekly: our newsletter for public service professionals
Read more

Other brands also sought to allay fears of smoking. Camel famously ran an advert saying : "More doctors smoke Camels than any other cigarette." But, as early as 1951, pioneering work by UK scientist Sir Richard Doll made a link between lung cancer and smoking.

Still, for years, the tobacco industry appeared to be invincible. Then, in 1994, Diane Castano, whose husband died of lung cancer, sued the tobacco industry in the largest potential class action suit in history.

Soon efforts to protect non-smokers from being exposed to secondhand smoking were championed by politicians in California. This led to the 1995 ban on smoking in most enclosed places of employment. By 2005 less than a quarter of the US population smoked cigarettes, and that is now falling.

source

Since weed is not federally regulated it is up to the states to determine when and what information is disclosed and ultimately/probably all that will happen will be a warning sticker will be placed on the side with whatever risks are known and will still be sold because USA is the home of capitalism and Americans world-wide are known as consumers.

Do whatever you want my motto has always been keep your laws off my body but I believe it is everyones duty to do their own homework because at the end of the day only you are the one going to live with the consequences.

With that being said, I still don't think you can claim we know all the long term effects of herb on the body or the brain. Just my opinions, ff out.

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26204959 - 09/23/19 03:25 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SocalJosh said:
Quote:

split_by_nine said:

%100 these capitalist yuppies don’t care about growing organic. Only about the almighty dollar and fill your beloved cannabis with chemicals and pesticides. I have been the only one up until now to say one word about this thank you for having some sort of educated response.
These people still think the news tells them the truth apparently hahahahaha

It is a danger most don't think about and your being short sighted if you only want to see one side of the coin. Whats your definition of organic vs the dictionary definition of organic vs the industry standard of what qualifies as organic legally. The reality of how it should be and  what exists most of the time are two different things.  Joshn, your acting like this is fake news and if you believe so great,I have a bridge to sell you next to a condo in the right corner of flat earth near some anti-vaxxers I'm sure you will get along great with.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#26204965 - 09/23/19 03:27 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Good thread, good points, I was just pointing out a fact about the "increase in potency of cannabis". I really don't care to argue/discuss about long term effects. I am a light smoker personally and have quit for years at a time sometimes. If there was a study being done and I could sign up for it here in Denver I would gladly do so. I only claim what I posted about the increase in potency of cannabis as fact due to it being a true fact.

--------------------

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26204990 - 09/23/19 03:45 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
Good thread, good points, I was just pointing out a fact about the "increase in potency of cannabis". I really don't care to argue/discuss about long term effects. I am a light smoker personally and have quit for years at a time sometimes. If there was a study being done and I could sign up for it here in Denver I would gladly do so. I only claim what I posted about the increase in potency of cannabis as fact due to it being a true fact.

Feel that 100%. I don't know if there are long term effects or not, I'm just arguing in defense that we don't know and won't know since the landscape of herb is changing forms from smoking leaf, to dabbing concentrate to vaping e-cigs. Is it the form we use to consume a problem, the only problem or neither? Only time will tell.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#26205010 - 09/23/19 03:59 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah I agree. I had a person that was dabbing like it was smoking weed and developed a sever cough in a few months. When I said it's probably the dabbing they went left and said it wasn't blah blah blah. I told them to look inside the rig they were using and look at that shit in the inside of the bong/waterpipe, that is probably in your lungs. This dabbing of concentrates and such is not good I think. Compared to smoking a joint or 2 a week anyway.

--------------------

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

#26205051 - 09/23/19 04:18 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
The weed from today is the same as the weed from yesteryear. The increase in potency is due to more strains being found in other parts of the world and cross breeding with other more potent strains. There is not a scientific way to increase the potency of a seed(s) (that I know of). The DNA is in the seed and can be maximized to produce it's full THC potential by perfect conditions, but THC can not be increased by any other means than cross breeding. Been smoking on and off since 1977. 1st time I was 6-7yo. it's a different story though...

Great post and you quelled a lot of my internal dialogue on this one; thank you for your knowledge!

I've always wondered the legitimacy of those claims, you know; "This ain't your parent's grass!", etc. The High Times pic of the best strains from the late 70's is hilarious though; it all looks like ditch weed. We have prettier weed now for sure.

Quote:

split_by_nine said:
:excuseme::cophappy:

Holy SHIT this almost made me spit out my seltzer water.

--------------------

OfflineThePoopTree

#26205067 - 09/23/19 04:30 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The weed from today is the same as the weed from yesteryear. The increase in potency is due to more strains being found in other parts of the world and cross breeding with other more potent strains

So, not the same as yesteryear.

If a farmer crossbreeds two varieties of corn to make a higher yielding variety, he has by any definition improved the crop.  I don't think anyone would be arguing the semantics of it being "the same corn as yesteryear"

Honest to goodness the worst part about weed is just the culture surrounding it.  I say that as a daily user.

Anecdotally, the weed from the 90's/00's wasn't even as good as today's, and I smoked more pot back then than should be humanly possible.  If you time-warped a nug from a dispensary today to someone in the 90's, that pot would be practically worshiped.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#26205114 - 09/23/19 05:03 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

There was some hydro in the 80's and that original thai stick, and that hawaiin puna bud, shit was just as good if not better than some dispense weed.:shrug: I'm such a light smoker though. As soon as my greenhouse goes up I will NEVER buy weed again!

--------------------

OfflineThePoopTree

#26205141 - 09/23/19 05:13 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

There was some hydro in the 80's and that original thai stick, and that hawaiin puna bud, shit was just as good if not better than some dispense weed.

Gonna make a disagree there.  I had hydro bud too- the stuff growing today is on a completely different level.  I am not sure how anyone who's lived through the 90's (and been in a dispensary today) could deny that.

Put another way:  I never had pot that could make me physically sick from one hit until roughly 10 years ago.

--------------------

Edited by ThePoopTree (09/23/19 05:27 PM)

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#26205164 - 09/23/19 05:24 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

:shrug::nursemaryjane:

--------------------

OfflineSocalJosh
Wood Ninja
Male User Gallery

#26205201 - 09/23/19 05:44 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if the genetics sucked so bad back in the day why is it that all top breeders are looking for landrace genetics?
Ive seen countless landrace low yield sativas as some of the most sought after strains on the market. In fact most of what we call “super bud” today comes from a small area of the Middle East on the far side of the Hindu Kush mountains where the genetics have remained unchanged for quite some time.
I also think people experience differed as to where they were in the 80s and 90s. Demographically speaking that’s when Mexican brick was huge, but California at the same time became  the growing capital of the world.
A handful of elite growers brought back genetics from areas all over the world and developed the techniques we all still use today.
It’s all in a convenient but expensive and sought after book called “Secrets of the West Coast Masters”
IF you can find a copy then I suggest you buy it.
Amazon usually has a few for around $4-500 a book.

--------------------

Offlinefuturefocused
always learning
I'm a teapot

#26205270 - 09/23/19 06:28 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

hmm. maybe they didnt "suck" per se I think they just weren't grown to their fullest potential being just randomly growing without any love and nurturing.. some have better genetics then others such as yield, aroma, color, high... They look for these land race genes b/c they can cross breed them and create total new strains or grow them to single out ideal phenotype that could be a potential thoroughbred cross breeder in the future, last thought on it is just to have genetics others don't have.. the ole i have something you don't have mentality

New friend
Male User Gallery

#26237812 - 10/08/19 12:37 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

The worst thing about weed is growing rotten buds

OfflineDonger
Stranger

#26238753 - 10/08/19 07:51 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I think for me the main negative is being too comfortable. Not necisarily lazy but to content for my own good when there is better ways to spend my time

OfflineDonger
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Donger]
    #26238755 - 10/08/19 07:52 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

What kind of weed do you recommend for someone who hasn't smoked in 5 years. I've always been a fan of the mid range but not familiar with strains

New friend
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Donger]
    #26238918 - 10/08/19 09:03 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Grab a midrange sativa and put it in a joint. Don't hit a giant bong rip your first time back. Thats the best advice I got:thumbup:

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: TriangleTriangle]
    #26239047 - 10/08/19 10:24 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

and dont smoke the whole joint. take a hit or two and put it out. if youre not goofballs after a 10 minutes, then smoke a few more hits.

--------------------
hpoo or die

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order