Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleblo0mz
boomz
 User Gallery
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Asante]
    #7629262 - 11/13/07 08:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

It doesn't cause any physical

Bad for your lungs to smoke it.

Quote:

nor mental damage

Pot induced anxiety disorders and psychosis?

Quote:

doesn't hinder your ability to drive

You're dead wrong.

Quote:

There are no withdrawal symptoms

Insomnia, irritability, a mental void

Quote:

nor a tolerance buildup,

How do you think people smoke half ounces a day? Huge tolerance.

Quote:

no long term effects no matter how much you smoke

See much of the above and more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: blo0mz]
    #7629412 - 11/13/07 08:57 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

cough

--------------------
...or something

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Quake3]
    #7629618 - 11/13/07 10:01 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If I smoke daily for too long then stop I get insomnia and mood swings. Something that will normally frustrate me very slightly will bring me close to violence. I've learnt to moderate use, though.

It effects everyone differently. If you can smoke daily with no negative effects, go for it. If not, don't. Pretty simple.

It seems to vary over time with me, as well. Sometimes I can smoke for months on end and be fine- sometimes just one time and I'll be getting angry over nothing the next day. Generally, though, you have to either be ridiculously abusive of the drug or have a predisposition to psychosis to damage yourself in any serious way.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Quake3] * 1
    #7629995 - 11/13/07 11:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quake3 said:
the fact that it is safe.

Everyone else has already poked holes in that one, so I won't comment on tolerance, driving impairment, lung damage etc.

However, I think the essence of your point is still valid. The most destructive part of weed for me was that I considered it to be relatively harmless. I had friends who got stoned at any time during the day as if there's no reason not to. Sometimes people use it like it isn't even a drug.

I quit recently because I found it difficult to do my day-to-day stuff without my weed habit constantly getting in the way. I've never been a drug person, but the reason I got into weed so heavily is because I regarded it as 'safe.'

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinewtfsb
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7630308 - 11/13/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke once or twice a day now. Used to smoke 10+ blunts a day before. At that point, you don't think too much anymore. It really can make you feel fried, in large doses.

OfflineNineStorms
The Dragon
Male

Loc: Existing between Heaven a...
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: JstHereFrTheCake]
    #7630992 - 11/13/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JstHereFrTheCake said:
I am so fucking sick of this.

Fucking stoners that can't admit that smoking mary has ANY negative side effects.

Wiccan got it pretty good so I don't have to say much, except, get over yourselves. Im glad you like weed some much but fucking stop it.

plus the people who said that anyone who smokes weed will eventually become a daily user are kinda retarded, just because you decided you want to be high all the time doesn't mean everyone would. I have smoked for years and never daily. I'd say i go through periods of smoking once a every week or so for a while and then a few months of not smoking at all. So I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

honestly this is just retarded. Admitting that there are negatives to smoking weed isn't the end of the world. It still has all the same benefits. It should still be legal, get over it and yourself.

I agree that you should treat the herb realistically, but look at it this way. I think a lot of people only focus on the positives hoping to counterbalance all the negative propaganda. I mean, as it is, EVERYONE knows alcohol causes far more deaths, and at *least* has as many negative effects as weed, and yet it's totally legal.

So obviously to some people, you have to make out herb to be a total saint for people to start accepting it. That sadly isn't the case, but I can understand where people come from. Also, some people might have a problem that they're coping with by using, or even abusing, herb, and so blot out the negatives. Either way, the truth is weed is less damaging for nearly everyone than alcohol or cigarettes, which allows for both of these points of view to occur. It's a shame and foolish that people are getting arrested for it =/.

Oh, and right, worst thing? Not being able to go around freely being stoned. That's about the worst thing about it XD.

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: NineStorms]
    #7631108 - 11/13/07 03:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

people who smoke all day look like pigs sometimes.
-you always have to accomade them in your car, house, ect cause they are always saying "dude i need to smoke a bowl."
-alot of them are constatly shoving nasty food down their mouths
-alot of them just burn up gas and go from house to house, car to car smoking weed all day
-if someone has weed, they always say "dude, so and so has weed, want to head over there" like it matters to me.
-they are such a downer to be around when they don't smoke. a week or so after they quit during a hiatus they are fun again.
-EVERY TIME THEY SMOKE, THEY TALK ABOUT HOW LITTLE THEY SMOKE, and how they only smoke when they do this or that, and blah blah and i see them with a bowl in their mouth 24/7

to sum it up, i hate daily stoners because they become slobs who can't take criticism about their own habits. they also become pretty self rightous about how weed helps them. they certaintly love to criticise other junkies, because stoners dont even use drugs right? :rolleyes:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: moon_glue]
    #7631408 - 11/13/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

:confused:

I've known lots of all-day smokers and never met anyone who did those things...

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Caribou_Lou]
    #7631517 - 11/13/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Caribou_Lou said:
Quote:

epilectric said:
it can turn you into an unmotivated and boring wreck, provided that you smoke daily

Maybe for you.. if you're an unmotivated boring wreck to begin with, then yes it will make it worse. I hate when people say weed makes you lazy and unmotivated, I smoke more than anybody I know and I'm very intelligent and definitely not lazy or unmotivated.

if you would be as intelligent as you claim to be,
you wouldn't have overread the word CAN in my post
it CAN turn you into a boring and unmotivated wreck
it doesn't have to

i know many people, who were once happy, energetic people and smoking on a daily basis for several years turned turned them into boring, unmotivated persons with no interests besides smoking pot

i know people who became completely antisocial, who completely isolated themselves and ended up with no friends, except maybe the people who hook them up and the people, who they share the bong with (no real friendship going on there, more of a pot community)

but then i also know a lot of people, who have been smoking daily for several years and are just as happy, energetic and intelligent as they used to be, maybe a bit calmer

you see, it affects everyone differently, just like every other drug

claiming that weed does not effect ANYone in a negative way, is complete bullshit, just as claiming that it will turn EVERYone into a stupid and disoriented jackass is

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

Offlinegbeatle
Stranger

#7631589 - 11/13/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

weed isnt the same for me anymore. I used to smoke it more than daily mainly to run away from my problems lol and to be cool, but then i found my true inner self :smile: and ditched my shitty ego and found my higher awareness and I feel great but now everytime i smoke i completly forget about everythiung and i dont feel the same and shit kinda sucks its not even worth smoking anymore unless i had a shitty day of work or its some kush or dank or a blunt. :smile:

Offlinecobforever101
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: learningtofly]
    #7632139 - 11/13/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

definatly the apathy.

Offlinebobty
Stranger

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7632211 - 11/13/07 07:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:
The ignorance or simple rejection of proven adverse effects by pot smokers defending that which they love so dear speaks for itself.

Definitely

For instance: after smoking bongs all night sometimes I feel a really harsh burning feeling in my lungs, I take it that means it's healthy right? Tightness of the chest can be noted both in experiments and in real life, this is impaired respiratory function and that's certainly not a good thing. Also whoever mentioned tar, er that's not remotely related to the effect of the THC, its a byproduct that most certainly is detrimental to your wellbeing.

It doesn't really help matters that a lot of the pro weed information around is completely and utterly wrong.

Weed is a very enjoyable drug but it pays to have a realistic outlook on the pros and cons of taking it

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: Asante]
    #7632534 - 11/13/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

It doesn't cause any physical

Bad for your lungs to smoke it.

Quote:

nor mental damage

Pot induced anxiety disorders and psychosis?

Quote:

doesn't hinder your ability to drive

You're dead wrong.

Quote:

There are no withdrawal symptoms

Insomnia, irritability, a mental void

Quote:

nor a tolerance buildup,

How do you think people smoke half ounces a day? Huge tolerance.

Quote:

no long term effects no matter how much you smoke

See much of the above and more.

It definitely causes lung damage. Anything smoked does. I didn't mention it thinking it was a given, and if this was a concern, one can use the drug another way. Also, I noticed that unless it's cancer, people don't seem to care much about long term lung damage from pot, justifying it by saying that they take only a few hits as compared to tobacco smokers.

Pot induced anxiety and psychosis depends on the person, set and setting. I've had paranoia from weed plenty of times, but only when I smoked way too much AND didn't take setting into account (smoked walking by a police station, or walking by cops loaded with drugs in my pocket). Otherwise the drug works wonders for my anxiety and I prefer it over benzos. I get psychotic episodes from high doses of caffeine, but I don't believe this is a valid argument for saying caffeine induces psychosis.

I was a daily smoker for years, and had no withdrawal symptoms when I quit. I had insomnia when I was high, and a mental void because the pot caused poor sleep quality resulting in me not being rested the following day. I don't know anyone who's had withdrawals but I won't doubt that insomnia is a possible symptom. Anybody I know who became irritable when they quit weed either 1) mixed their weed with tobacco and so might have been going through nicotine withdrawal or 2) decided to begin smoking because they were irritable and the irritability just came back afterwards.

I've never built a tolerance to weed. I made sure as little as possible got me high because I was paying so much for it. I developed a reverse-tolerance over time, smoking half a joint and eventually cutting down to 1/4 to reach my desired plateau. I have friends who smoke a few grams daily, but it's not due to tolerance. They've smoked that much since the beginning.

On driving.. from my experience and people I've driven with, pot alone doesn't hinder one's ability to drive because reduced reaction time is compensated for by driving slower. However, no laboratory studies that proved this tested what would happen in case of unexpected events that required a fast response (car skidding, etc).

There's a joke that goes like this: If you want to catch pot smokers, stop every car going at 10MHz on the right-most lane on a Saturday night. -

READ:I HIGHLY advise AGAINST driving high!

My main point was that the drug seems so benign in the beginning, and that people will easily justify smoking daily until they realize the mental fog and other negative impact (maybe a cough, etc). With alcohol they can argue about the hang-over, inability to drive, impaired judgment, etc, and the drug begins to cause physical damage early on compared to pot.

I don't consider getting high natural or something that people should do. I believe that our bodies are better off without any drug. I am not "defending" pot because I love it - I don't smoke anymore except for medicinal purposes, which is very very rare.

This is just an interesting issue I've observed about weed and the habits and patterns of people I've introduced to it.

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Loc: Sunshine State of Darknes...
    #7632662 - 11/13/07 09:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

kryp is the answer to most of these problems guys <3  :smile:  except the money one sigh....

my lungs are fine, it aint SHIT compared to what cigs do, drive fine, my brain is fine, my memory is slipping but who cares...and therein lies the problem...
weed causes complacency :smirk: --------------------------------------

--------------------
"Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.” ~Winston Churchill

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: azuresense]
    #7633165 - 11/13/07 10:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quake3 said:
I don't know anyone who's had withdrawals but I won't doubt that insomnia is a possible symptom.

Insomnia is my biggest symptom from weed with drawls, I need herb to get a good nights rest. Without weed I can't sleep and I can't eat.

--------------------

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: RobMarley420]
    #7634878 - 11/14/07 12:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i lay there and think for hours when i try to go to bed without...something ingested

--------------------
"Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.” ~Winston Churchill

OfflineMotorCityMadman
Rubberfan andFunketeer
 User Gallery

Loc: Motown (State of Mind)
Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: azuresense]
    #7635128 - 11/14/07 01:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

OK, this is just my personal experience.

Every time I have quit smoking daily (and that's been a lot of times...haven't smoked in about 2 years), about a week later I say to myself "What the fuck have I been doing for the past X months?"

About a month after quitting I feel like I am waking up from a long, hazy dream. Energy level returns to normal, I start having actual relationships with people around me again...

I've often wished I could be like some of my friends who can keep a quarter in their place and smoke it once a week. My point is that I have a track record of abusing this drug, and so my experience is colored by the fact that I abuse it.

I know two things: 1) I never notice the bad effects until I've been away from it for a week or more, 2) I've never known a daily smoker who didn't seem better off after they quit.

It's really my favorite drug ever though...can I have some right now please? :smile:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: MotorCityMadman]
    #7635502 - 11/14/07 02:44 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MotorCityMadman said:

I've often wished I could be like some of my friends who can keep a quarter in their place and smoke it once a week. My point is that I have a track record of abusing this drug, and so my experience is colored by the fact that I abuse it.

I know two things: 1) I never notice the bad effects until I've been away from it for a week or more, 2) I've never known a daily smoker who didn't seem better off after they quit.

:thumbup:

You sound like me.

--------------------

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Re: The worst thing about weed is.. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7638521 - 11/15/07 07:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thirding that

--------------------

Offlinemikeben
Stranger
    #14835762 - 07/27/11 10:12 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The weight I've gained from munchies is about 15 pounds. That's my only downside. I am on a diet now so hopefully it will be fine.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds