Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

why Sunbeam model 694 is best humidifier for shrooms and how to configure it
    #7616181 - 11/09/07 05:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I was poking around on ebay for a cheaper alternative to a brand new, rather expensive humidifier and also to give myself some options. Lo and behold I found this awesome "Sunbeam Model 694" humidifier that was not only a great humidifier, but also looked super easy to configure for mushroom growing

and let me tell you, it was quick and simple. This humidifier is rectangular with a round "spout" coming off ne end. This normally has a plastic piece, but that is to be taken out for our purposes.

I went to home depot with this piece to find something to fit the slot to run to vinyl tubing, and found that a type of thinner style pvc tube fit the second biggest vinyl tubing available, and allowed for a needed "kink" or "bend" (i think its an inch and a half or so) the thing that connects to that is the reducer.

The reducer was what I found first, as it was close in size with the plastic piece i took out then the "Kink tube".

I got this home and it didnt fit exactly, so i was attempting to tape it, when, just on a whim, i turned the smaller side of the reducer down and shoved it into the slot. PERFECT!!!! I got WAAAY lucky! and then hooked up the rest.

I think its important to pick the right style humidifier for use with mushrooms, I would have to endorse this one (if you can find it somewhere like on ebay under sunbeam humidifier.) if the model number is not printed, its the rectangular one with the spout (if that makes sense)

I am interested to hear what other people have used, why they picked it, any troubles they had, etc,

for the record i am going to be putting this on a 4 stage timer, because it really puts out the humidity!

Any other suggestions for that matter are appreciated.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies