Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeadatdusk
Stranger
Male
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
TiT FAE
    #7613821 - 11/09/07 07:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hello all, I used to post on this site a couple years ago when I had my first grow. I haven't been on here since, but I've decided to take another stab at the hobby. I am following a sort of modified TiT Tek, I'm not quite sure if it's necessary that I buy a 2nd air pump to pump the Co2 out of the chamber. I have one pump to bring in fresh air, and some holes on the opposite end. In theory, shouldn't the new air coming in push out the stale air without the need for a 2nd pump? I plan to use polyfill in these holes btw to prevent possibility for contams. Also, a cup with water doesn't look like a too effective way of humidifying maybe I'm just incapable of accepting the simplicity of things. I've bought perlite for good measure. Though, I'm running a test right now to see how high I can get the humidity levels without it though.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
Re: TiT FAE [Re: deadatdusk]
    #7614221 - 11/09/07 11:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You don't need FAE during incubation - just a little gas exchange. If you simply open the tub to check on the jars every 4-5 days, that'll provide plenty of air movement.

You don't want to provide FAE to incubating jars. Having higher levels of CO2 encourages (faster) colonization.

OfflineMarlboroMan
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tx
Re: TiT FAE [Re: Sillicybin]
    #7614466 - 11/09/07 12:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sillicybin said:
You don't need FAE during incubation - just a little gas exchange.  If you simply open the tub to check on the jars every 4-5 days, that'll provide plenty of air movement.

You don't want to provide FAE to incubating jars.  Having higher levels of CO2 encourages (faster) colonization.

Right on. And hey dead, use those air pumps to make a badass automated FC bro. :rockon:

--------------------
I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl..

Offlinedeadatdusk
Stranger
Male
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Re: TiT FAE [Re: MarlboroMan]
    #7615650 - 11/09/07 04:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps I was misunderstood. I'm speaking about the FAE in my fruiting chamber (which I am trying to make semi-automated). With one 15 gall pump bringing air in to a chamber big enough for say 6-12 cakes shouldn't a couple polyfilled holes on the other side allowed CO2 leakage or do I need another pump to push the gas out so it doesn't keep a constant high level in the FC? Also using the cup of water, and aquariam tubing blowing fresh air into the cup I could only maintain 85% humidity tops, not enough for cakes. I am using the same pump for both btw.

Offlinemebesideme
o-bliminal
Male

Re: TiT FAE [Re: deadatdusk]
    #7615863 - 11/09/07 05:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have used an exhaust fan (i.e. the kind for in a bathroom ceiling) and a piece of flex duct fed into the chamber for years now. I keep it on a timer to run 15 minutes of every three hours. I also pipe in outside air too, and haven't had one contam since I started doing it this way.

--------------------
Doot de dooh.... yep yep yep. A signature and stuff...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation