Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAnarchoTrip
Young Blood
Male User Gallery

Re: love [Re: cellardoor]
    #7608975 - 11/07/07 09:33 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cellardoor said:
"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."~George Sand

Is there such a thing as a soulmate? True love?

of course there is such a thing as a soulmate, the question is whether it's only between TWO people... why can't I have four soul mates? it seems that humans have the potential to all fall in love with each other, so why limit soulmate for only two people?

--------------------
YIPPIE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: love [Re: AnarchoTrip]
    #7609089 - 11/07/07 10:01 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Of course? Not of course. I don't even see any evidence of a soul. How about lets get real and just say we can be compatible with more than one person.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: love [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #7610875 - 11/08/07 11:59 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mush, roll your eyes all you want but are you gonna try and tell me that you have never observed a couple having a codependent, clinging, neurotic relationship?

I've observed my fair share of abusive relationships, but I have also observed many productive relationships too. I don't know what you mean by "neurotic."

(I tend to ignore all the relationships I have witnessed while younger than eighteen. It seems that younger people tend to have poorer relationships than older people. High School for guys was all about trying to get laid and High School for girls was all about trying to hurt guys for using them. This was pretty much the basis of all relationships I observed during this time. :cuckoo:)

Why is it wrong to depend on someone else for something? (As long as that dependence is not pervasive, of course.) I think if you really examined your day to day activities, you would find you depend on others for almost everything. You depend on your bus driver to get you around town. You depend on the police to keep you safe. (In theory...) You depend on the supermarket to provide you with food. You depend on your professors to be taught philosophy and earn a degree. You (may or may not) depend on your parents (or government) to pay for your education. You depend on your doctors to fix you when you become ill. You depend on your friends for social support, encouragement, etc. The list goes on and on and on.

What is so great about total independence, anyway? Accomplishing everything by yourself means you probably accomplish less than most people. There is a reason society exists. Reinventing the wheel is not a sign of progress.

I think co-dependence is totally natural and healthy, especially in romantic relationships. If you didn't depend on the other person for SOMETHING, why would you be in a relationship in the first place? This dependence on others only becomes harmful if it is pervasive. Depending on your "significant other" for compassion and care seems normal and healthy. Depending on your "significant other" to make decisions and assume responsibility of your life seems unhealthy. In most relationships I have observed, people rely on their partner for affection, care, encouragement, companionship, etc. This doesn't seem neurotic to me.

Cliff notes - If you're helpless and unable to care for yourself without your "significant other", you gots a prob, babe. Otherwise, yer good to go.

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: love [Re: Icelander]
    #7611952 - 11/08/07 04:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I would definitely say there is the existence of true love since at this point in my life I'm positive the girl I have been with for a fair while now is the one  :loveeyes:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: love [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #7611963 - 11/08/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry but know one knows the future. It's a total comedy how many millions of humans:monkeydance: have made this statement only to divorce or get a new girl. :crazy2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: love [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #7612792 - 11/08/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You make a good argument, Mush. I'm not even going to try and argue against it, because there's really nothing wrong with what you are saying. My own relationship history leaves much to be desired, and a lot of people in my social circle (especially the people I date) have similar issues. I guess I just have things to work out, and I'm working on that. Wish me luck. :shrug:

I guess I've just witnessed a lot of people enter relationships to fill a void, or because they are in love with the idea of being in love and not actually with that person. It's easy to succumb to delusions when you carry expectations and a particular model for how things work without actually communicating all that well. This is a pervasive issue, and I really think it's one of the biggest relationship problems out there.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: love [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #7613164 - 11/08/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

:crankey:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order