Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. *DELETED*
    #7609470 - 11/07/07 11:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Anonymous

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #7609580 - 11/08/07 12:15 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

(This is my secret plan to make people more accepting of my genital herpes)

Anonymous #1

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #7609634 - 11/08/07 12:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous #3

#7610179 - 11/08/07 08:35 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You would rather have a more serious disease because you can hide it better?

So appearances matter to you more than your health.

Anonymous #4

#7610183 - 11/08/07 08:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Seriously, oral herpes is so fucking nasty, and everyone you come into contact with knows you have it.

When I see someone with a big ass oral herpes scab on there lip I cant hardly be near them.

At least with Genital Herpes you can keep that shit under wraps.

hey douchebag, between 50-80% of people have herpes simplex 1. its a very common thing. you probably have it and dont even know it.

Anonymous #5

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #7610503 - 11/08/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

op is wrong,

the worst is genital herpes on your lips.

Anonymous #1

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #7610590 - 11/08/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous #6

#7610924 - 11/08/07 12:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

A significant number of medical institutions place the incidence of oral herpes (HSV-1), which is commonly called cold sores, between 50 and 80 percent among the American population in the fifth decade of life. The overall HSV-1 seroprevalence is dropping a few points per decade in the US, as in all industrialized countries. Blacks and immigrants from undeveloped countries typically have HSV-1 rates in adolence that two or three times higher than Whites. As a result of lower HSV-1 seroprevalence, more Americans (westerners) are entering marriage/sexual activity/child bearing years seronegative for HSV-1. The Absence of antibody to HSV-1 from a prior oral HSV-1 infection leaves them susceptible to primary HSV-1 genital infections. This brings with it a serious risk of vertical transmission to the neonate if contracted in the third trimester, not allowing time for full seroconversion before childbirth. The seronegative mother without antibodies has up to a 57% chance of conveying the infection to her child, whereas a recurrent infection in a woman seropositive for both HSV-1 and HSV-2 is thought to be around 1-3%.

The incidence of genital herpes (HSV-2) in the US is estimated to be between 25 and 30 percent or about one in four adults. African Americans, people with multiple sexual partners, women, and those who become sexually active at a young age are all higher-risk populations for the transmission of HSV-2. [1][2][3][4] According to the American Social Health Association (ASHA), most infected people (up to 90%) don’t know they are infected because their symptoms are too mild to notice or mistaken for another condition. [2]

Herpes simplex 1 and 2 viruses are similar in that they are both transmitted by direct contact and can sometimes cause intensely painful fluid-filled blisters, containing millions of infectious virus particles. The primary difference between the two infections is the principal site of infection--mucous membranes of the lips and nearby oro-facial skin for HSV-1 or the genital skin for HSV-2. After initial infection, these viruses both travel to sensory nerves, where they reside as life-long, latent viruses. HSV-1 often infects the trigeminal ganglia that provides sensation to the lips, lower mouth and neck; while HSV-2 often infects the sacral ganglia supplying sensation to the pelvic area including the genitals, perineum and upper legs. When the viruses reactivate to cause symptomatic disease, they travel back to their respective skin areas served by these nerves, leading to the different (oral vs. genital) distributions of cold sores.

Both HSV-1 and HSV-2 are transmitted by contact with a herpetic sore (kissing, touching, and possibly from objects such as shared drinking glasses.[citation needed]) Transmission of these two viruses can be more complicated in that both HSV-1 and HSV-2 are shed (to a much lesser extent) from persons without active sores.

While both oral and genital herpes are characteristically "nuisance infections" that are not life-threatening, they can cause rare severe or fatal disease if they disseminate to the eyes or brain. This is a particular concern for newborns who might be infected by genital herpes during passage through the birth canal (the risk of this occurring is by far higher when the mother has a primary infection just prior to birth and lacks protective antibodies that would otherwise reduce viable virus shedding). HSV-1 genital herpes has been shown to be more infectious in primary episodes than HSV-2. Both oral and genital herpes infections have periods of active cold sore disease lasting 2-10 days and then remission when the cold sores disappear. The majority of cases however are asymptomatic, but asymptomatic shedding has been shown to occur. Over time, periods of remission generally increase in length, and the duration of cold sores decrease, until the person rarely has active disease. This is regulated by specific immunity developed by the patient against the virus. A previous HSV-1 infection tends to ameliorate the symptoms of a subsequent HSV-2 infection. The virus infection is, however, life-long and can be retriggered in some individuals by specific events, such as sunburn, ultraviolet light, wind, trauma, surgery, stress or other infections. Being that the virus is present but held in check by antibodies in an immunocompetent person, the weakening of the immune system in HIV or transplant patients can frequently triggers serious HSV infections such as keratitis in transplant patients.

The ways in which herpes simplex infections manifest themselves vary tremendously among individuals. The following are general descriptions of the courses outbreaks may take in the oral and genital regions.

Anonymous #4

#7610960 - 11/08/07 12:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

simplex 1 is mainly a dormant strain. simplex 2 is mainly active. the chances that you have simplex 1 and not know it are high, which is why it is so common, most people do not know they have it, which is why it is spread. the chances of you having simplex 2 and not knowing are pretty low. very few infected with simplex 2 are just carriers.

another HUGE difference between the two is that simplex 1 unless very severe is generally limited to 1 sore every now and then depending on health, stress and season. simplex 2 is generally widespread and has several sores at one time and lasts longer.

i dont know if genital is any worse health wise. but symptom-wise, genital is much worse.

Anonymous #1

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #7611011 - 11/08/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous #1

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #7611019 - 11/08/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous #4

#7611115 - 11/08/07 01:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hmmmm itchy, puss-y crotch or one blister on the lip a couple times a year or less...... thats tough. not really. ive probably had a total of 10 cold sores in my life, TOPS. ill take that over sores on my dick any day. not only that, which would you rather give to someone? i think a woman would be much happier with cold sores. shes gonna be mightly pissed if you give her pussy blisters. tell a woman you have cold sores, shell say dont worry about it, tell her you have genital herpes, shell tell say SEE YA.

think about it this way anonymous...... you get a cold sore, thats a week vacation from performing oral on your partner, get sores on your genitals, no sex at ALL until the symptoms are gone.

but hey, to each his own.

Anonymous #1

#7611195 - 11/08/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous #4

#7611226 - 11/08/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

lol. thats low.

Anonymous #7

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #7611263 - 11/08/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous #3

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #7611307 - 11/08/07 01:51 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Plus, not that it matters to anyone but the other women here, if a woman has genital herpes she can not only transfer it to her child during childbirth, but it's possible (although admittedly rare) that it would cause her child to go blind.

They usually perform a Cesarean on women who have genital herpes.

I think that's just a little more serious than a cold sore on your mouth.

I believe that's part of the point the poster who posted all that was trying to make.

Anonymous #6

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #7612304 - 11/08/07 06:29 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Plus, not that it matters to anyone but the other women here, if a woman has genital herpes she can not only transfer it to her child during childbirth, but it's possible (although admittedly rare) that it would cause her child to go blind.

They usually perform a Cesarean on women who have genital herpes.

I think that's just a little more serious than a cold sore on your mouth.

I believe that's part of the point the poster who posted all that was trying to make.

Silver nitrate used to be dropped into baby's eyes upon birth when the mother had herpes to keep the baby from going blind.
Cool thing about silver nitrate is that if you get some on your skin, as soon as it's exposed to sunlight, your skin stains dark brown.

Anonymous #8

#7612892 - 11/08/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i think its hot when a pretty girl has a nice coldcore.
hahahaaaa

Anonymous #1

Re: I'd rather have Genital Herpes than Oral Herpes. *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #7613278 - 11/08/07 11:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Anonymous #3

#7614046 - 11/09/07 08:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

There's such a thing as anal warts? *shudder*

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains