Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Pressure Cooking Advice
    #760749 - 07/20/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,

I have been using tupperware jars and on occasion glasses (as in a cup) with foil as lids (with elastic bands holding the lids), I have used these both with microwave and boiling sterilisation. Though at times I have had good success using microwave and steam sterilisation I feel the time has come to step up to using a pressure cooker. I have a few questions.

I cannot find tapered jars anywhere, nor can I really afford to splash out on such a luxury right now so it will either be regular jars with grain or testing out the resources I currently have. I am thinking that the glasses with a decent enough seal (ie a multitude of elastic bands which will not melt) may do the trick but as I have not used the pressure cooker before I seek the opinion of those who might know better. Is this a viable option? (i have found this technique of the foil to be quite successful in the past without the cooker). I may try my hand at the tupperware jars aswell though I'm not sure they could stand the pressure before popping. A microwave could pop them but I'm not sure whether a pressure cooker at 15 psi could do so.. what is your opinion?

I plan on using ecuador spores, what sort of easy to acquire grain tek should I use? I'm not in the mood for exotic ideas at the moment as experimentation will come after getting the hang of the pressure cooker.

Thanks for any help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Pressure Cooking Advice [Re: utopianglory]
    #760764 - 07/20/02 02:09 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

>I am thinking that the glasses with a decent enough seal (ie
>a multitude of elastic bands which will not melt) may do the
>trick but as I have not used the pressure cooker before I
>seek the opinion of those who might know better. Is this a
>viable option?
You man tapered drinking glasses? Sure, they work great!
You don?t need the rubber bands, check out the foremost right link in my signature.

>I plan on using ecuador spores, what sort of easy to acquire grain tek should I use?
Read above.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Pressure Cooking Advice [Re: Anno]
    #760784 - 07/20/02 02:31 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Anno, I do believe you have answered it all in one foul sickly sweet swoop.

Thankyou kindly.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag