Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: tahoe]
    #7604100 - 11/06/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

> can we get a copyright on that??

I have posted it legally for educational use under the fair use clause, 17 U.S.C § 107.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7604110 - 11/06/07 06:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Have You Seen the Saucers? - Jefferson Airplane

Edited by auweia (01/17/08 03:12 PM)

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7604114 - 11/06/07 06:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

ohh, that is the updated clause. My legal reference book is a little older :wink:

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: tahoe]
    #7606150 - 11/07/07 09:57 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hehe, it is tough to get exact species sometimes. It is much easier pinning them down to Section (via Guzman) which can at least tell you what it is closely related to. Its not always obvious what you have until its under the scope.

The Genus Psilocybe is a very useful text but its outdated. Even the Suppliment to the Genus Psilocybe is getting outdated as more and more species are being discovered and described. I hope Guzman kicks out a new one pretty soon.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: Workman]
    #7606171 - 11/07/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

20 minutes ago

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

#7606482 - 11/07/07 11:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

well we know that they are not cyanescens
Here is a little harvest

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
    #7606497 - 11/07/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

DAYUM those are some blue little bastards.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #7607170 - 11/07/07 02:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i will love to see that you pull a individual, to see the rishomorfs in the base of the stem or if lack of some as Alan point out that is a taxonomic feature many people don't take into consideration.
, does azurescens can show this rhizomorphs in the base of the stem or only cyanescens, i mean does any one have seem this more often in cultivated patch , i have a copy of the genus psilocybe(thank you prankter239) and was fascinated also by the interpretation of the distribution and habitat all the species have, is clear that also Paul stamen ts base on dose interpretation , i know azures can show also the rhizomorph it said in those book , but for example the friscosa also have this rhizomorph and what the other wood lover cyanofribrillosa, stuntzii, .
also did you leave some to drop spores and mature and show more differences will be cool to see how they change in mature stage if the uncurled or uplift , wherever, if the become more wavy , don´t know .. how do they smell like, farinaceous,maybe

all my best.

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: cactu]
    #7607197 - 11/07/07 02:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

oh there will be plenty more to drop spores. A few of the ones I picked were dropping spores. I will let some over ripen

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineStrophariaceae
mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Marvelous Marin County, C...
Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: Workman]
    #7893163 - 01/17/08 01:52 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Workman said:
The only way you can get an answer is to look at the microscopic features (and maybe not even then). It looks to be closely related to Psilocybe cyanescens/Cyclone complex. I doubt it is P. cyanofibrillosa.

I agree with you, Workman. Unless the original collections described by Stametes and Guzman were utterly mis-described, the P. "cyanofranciscana" that we've been seeing in California is clearly not the same thing. If I had to put it into a named, described species, it would definitely be Psilocybe cyanescens – the micormorphology and habitat are pretty much identical The macromorphology is different, but close.

If I had to give "cyanofranciscana" a formal taxonomic rank, it would be "form", which says only that its a morphological varient, and doesn't imply its truly a different species, or even subspecies. It might very well be, but I'd have to see more evidence of that. So if I get a chance to publish this thing, I would simply call it 'Psilocybe cyanescens form franciscana' or even 'Psilocybe cyanescens form "franciscana"'.

Edited by Strophariaceae (01/17/08 01:57 PM)

OfflineStrophariaceae
mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: faceofbear]
    #7893207 - 01/17/08 02:07 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

faceofbear said:
these look a lot what i've been finding next to my (small) cyanescen patch in southern california.

In SoCal? I've heard rumors that cyans are there, but know precious little about their distribution in that region. I'm not asking for exact locations or anything close to that, but what city are you finding them in?

OfflineStrophariaceae
mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: mattso]
    #7893246 - 01/17/08 02:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dunno the variety spcifics, but it sure looks like a cyanofibrilosa with a wavy-margin growth habit.

OK, but how many people who say that Psilocybe "cyanofranciscans" looks like Psilocybe cyanofibrillosa have actually seen both confirmed collections of P. cyanofibrillosa from Washington and collections of Psilocybe "cyanofranciscans" from California?

I think there's a lot of misidentification going on, based on identifying a mushroom growing in one region based on descriptions and photos (and entirely macromorphological ones, at that) from another.

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: Strophariaceae]
    #7893435 - 01/17/08 03:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Strophariaceae said:

If I had to give "cyanofranciscana" a formal taxonomic rank, it would be "form", which says only that its a morphological varient, and doesn't imply its truly a different species, or even subspecies. It might very well be, but I'd have to see more evidence of that. So if I get a chance to publish this thing, I would simply call it 'Psilocybe cyanescens form franciscana' or even 'Psilocybe cyanescens form "franciscana"'.

just about exactly what I've seen in the wild over the years. matches cyans in every way except 'form'

the only other difference I've ever noticed is that friscosas are slightly less dense, and that's something very hard to describe and it's something you can feel with your fingers. sort of like the cheese puffs of cyans....a little flakier when dried

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: auweia]
    #7893671 - 01/17/08 04:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i notice that they are denser than cyans but cyans are more solid.

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #7893713 - 01/17/08 04:13 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

and they dont get as tall and seem to form clusters moreso than cyans. Cap color is a bit lighter too generally.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Edited by sui (01/17/08 04:14 PM)

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Ps cyanofibrillosa vs Ps Cyanescens vs Ps cyanofibrillosa var san francisco???? [Re: Strophariaceae]
    #7897517 - 01/18/08 01:52 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Strophariaceae said:
Quote:

faceofbear said:
these look a lot what i've been finding next to my (small) cyanescen patch in southern california.

In SoCal? I've heard rumors that cyans are there, but know precious little about their distribution in that region. I'm not asking for exact locations or anything close to that, but what city are you finding them in?

Faceofbear is the guy I was telling you about, that found Ps. cyanescens in LA. Pretty crazy.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract