Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTopcorn
Stranger
 User Gallery

"giant" grass cyans
    #7604063 - 11/06/07 08:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't believe my eyes at first. Today I went to check a good spot i've been picking from this year, didn't expect to find much though. It seems that the frost lately helped because it killed back some of the ground cover (mostly morning glory) exposing fresh fruiting areas. I found a lot of new patches in the area coming up in places that were completely covered with morning glory just two weeks ago. Whats even better is that these mushrooms are bigger than any cyans i've ever seen, some have stems six inches tall, breaking the stems off felt like breaking a stick! Unfortunately i was about four days too late and most were on their way to decomposing (still got nice haul though). I've always find cyans in plain wood chips, these were growing from grass sod laid over chips. I'll try and get some good pics soon if more pop up, i'd like everyone to see these!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: "giant" grass cyans [Re: Topcorn]
    #7604188 - 11/06/07 09:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

get the pics. They do grow as big as their surroundings. These were at least6-8 inches. These were some of the first cyans that I had ever found and I left most of them because I did not know they were the real deal

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: "giant" grass cyans [Re: tahoe]
    #7604224 - 11/06/07 09:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yup. They can grow long. One of my patches has to grow through a ton of redwood leaf litter, and ivy and ferns!

--------------------

Offlinecube talk
Stranger

Re: "giant" grass cyans [Re: CureCat]
    #7604263 - 11/06/07 09:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

grrr wish i had an eye like a wise man. Even after becoming aware that i've been stepping over azures, i'm still doing it brushing it off as an inactive..

can't believe how many times i've seen that mushroom.

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7604397 - 11/06/07 10:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i am starting to believe that there are many variations of cyans around here. This is the second time i have found them in grass, the first was two weeks ago. Interestingly the first ones were about the same as any other i've found, mostly short with caps the size of quarters, some of the big ones i found today have caps 3-4 inches diameter. I've heard that grass cyans are generally bigger and more robust than those growing from chips, but i've found both types in both habitats. When i clone these two types and mix them in one patch i get both types growing together. I find this very interesting! Maybe tomorrow ill take some pics of the rest of the nasty ones i left.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: "giant" grass cyans [Re: cube talk]
    #7604895 - 11/06/07 11:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Cube Talk, those are Ps. cyanescens, not Ps. azurescens.

--------------------

Offlinebetaknight

#7604992 - 11/07/07 12:07 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I find many of the small ones... mature specimens not even that "wavy", but still turn blue as hell! I love em'

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Re: "giant" grass cyans [Re: betaknight]
    #7605182 - 11/07/07 12:52 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Normally you can say that Cyans that grow in grass are more tall than the ones growing directly from wood chips. I think it has something to do with the fact, that grass keeps moisture way better than wood chips, that there might be nutrients in the ground that are positive for mushroom and MAYBE even because they try to reach taller, to get through the grass in order to "get some sun" and spread there spores, which wouldn't happen if they stayed small, for the spores couldn't be spread by the wind.

Though I found quiet many grass Cyans, the biggest ones I've found grew from wood chips and weighed about 36 Gr.
In my experience it also depends on the density and freshness of the wood chips. Wood chips that are often walked on and therefore are dense produce smaller and shorter fruits (often even without much of the waviness). Wood chips that more or less untouched seem to produce fruits that are taller and bigger. It's just a theory, but fits to my experience...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification