Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Sober Psychedelic states
    #7603531 - 11/06/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Today I had a very interesting experience where I found myself getting into a state which was very similar to tripping only that I was completely sober. I was coming back from my vacation and was on the airplane and due to the difference of the time zone, heading from west to east, I passed from the incredible lights and colors of the sunset to an almost complete darkness with a clear sky which made the stars very visible, and this change took only a few minutes! :sun:

That’s how it began and my thoughts started to transform, getting a totally different fluency and meaning. :tripping: I think it was the realization of the complexity of dispositions which are all inside of us, all at the same time, on so many levels, alternating thoughts and moods and there we are, right in the middle of them.  :artistic:  And even though we know that we are so complete and ready to take action in order to switch our moods at any rate we desire, we mostly prefer to remain in a particular state of mind for a very long time.

It’s hard and futile to describe what went on and what were my thoughts because everything was chaotic and mesmerizing in the same time, and all I could do was to surrender to that amazing state of perception.
All I know and clearly remember is that I would have given anything to have my love there with me and share that incredible experience together, kissing and holding each other. :heartpump:

Maybe if we try to remember that it’s possible to feel this state of awe about anything that happens to us, no matter how used and meaningless as it may seem, then we could have these experiences more often, and thus we would be able to remain in a constant state bliss.

What are the things which naturally induce psychedelic experiences to you? How do they happen and what do you do to prologue them? :heart:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7603583 - 11/06/07 04:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I once had a dream that I was straight and sober. It was terrifying! :shocked:

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7603612 - 11/06/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

As opposed to gay and drunk?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7603624 - 11/06/07 05:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Wake up already :strokebeard:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #7603635 - 11/06/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe if you nudged me... :naughty:

--------------------

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #7603640 - 11/06/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

it happens all the time though it is hard to say what causes it

high contrast stripes sometimes do it

i dont try to prolong it

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7603648 - 11/06/07 05:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Whenever I meditate for a while and then open my eyes and go back to everyday life, I feel extremely alert, with all of my senses incredibly vibrant and "switched on," the beauty of the world flooding into me. It definitely bears a lot in common with the psychedelic experience, and I think my longtime interest in meditation predisposed me to psychedelics...

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (11/06/07 05:10 PM)

Offlinevaportrail
upandaway
Male

Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7603822 - 11/06/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe if we try to remember that it’s possible to feel this state of awe about anything that happens to us, no matter how used and meaningless as it may seem, then we could have these experiences more often, and thus we would be able to remain in a constant state bliss.

The world we know is psychedelic.  It reminds us all the time... you know when you open the blinds in the morning and you can see all those spears of dust whirling around the room?  Or when icicles melt, when trees drop their leaves, the moon is eclipsed, it rains.  Can we trick ourselves into being awestruck by everything?  Perhaps we are already, but we've been taught to suppress that feeling.  Have you ever reached for a glass figurine, only to knock it over and break it?  I am guilty as charged. :grin:

--------------------
and the hippos were boiled in their tanks

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: vaportrail]
    #7603875 - 11/06/07 05:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, indeed.
The world we live in is very much psychedelic. :mushroom2:
I think that the most in hand thing for me to do, in order to reach that state, is to simply laugh.
I find myself in all these situations which require "seriousness" and all I can do is simply burst into laughter. Which usually comes from me imagining the most "inappropriate" things that could happen regarding all those morgue-like situations. :lol: :smirk:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #7604660 - 11/06/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Some uninfluenced psychedelic states Ive been in remind me of things I felt and thought as a child and lost. Its not the 'sober' states that remind me of the 'influenced' state. Quite the reverse. Its about forgetting how I learned to see the world.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: fushock]
    #7604723 - 11/06/07 09:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said:
Some uninfluenced psychedelic states Ive been in remind me of things I felt and thought as a child and lost. Its not the 'sober' states that remind me of the 'influenced' state. Quite the reverse. Its about forgetting how I learned to see the world.

Perfectly stated.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#7604743 - 11/06/07 09:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Walking or standing alone at night in the rain has done something like that to me on several occasions. Allowing myself to become aware of the Being of everything around me has tripped me out too. Most of the time we cut off and contain our consciousness in order to stay in control, preserve energy, be calm, or whatever. It's pretty fun to find oneself in an unusual state though. I don't think it's possible or even desirable to cling to a perpetual state of bliss, however. Feelings and experiences wax and wane and I find it best to allow them to do so. I always try to remember that things pass, to savor good feelings while there are there and to not be too worried about bad feelings because they won't last. We can of course choose to facilitate particular types of feeling that we prefer to experience. I'm having fun playing with that right now.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #7604868 - 11/06/07 09:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, I think I didn't express myself quite entirely correctly. I think it's best to let feelings and mind states to follow their natural course, but in the same time I think it's very much possible to feel awed by them. Case in which it wouldn't be clinging to that state of bliss anymore, but simply trying to become more open and perceptive to the quality of each and every experience.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#7604878 - 11/06/07 09:40 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yes.:thumbup:

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: fushock]
    #7604986 - 11/06/07 10:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said:

:werd:
That is how it is for me I think. It's hard to remember sometimes that amazement and wonder are actually very natural states.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7605057 - 11/06/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Totally. When we get older we often learn that it's silly and childish to be awed by the world, we begin to believe that experience and maturity are expressed by being unimpressed and unmoved by the wonder of what is. Too bad that isn't any fun!

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
    #7605750 - 11/07/07 06:50 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Music can sometimes put me into a mild psychedelic state.

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
    #7608788 - 11/07/07 08:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Totally. When we get older we often learn that it's silly and childish to be awed by the world, we begin to believe that experience and maturity are expressed by being unimpressed and unmoved by the wonder of what is. Too bad that isn't any fun!

It's a pity. It is the thing with older people...it's always politics, politics. I sometimes feel like screaming at them...look beyond your gloomy world, the politics, the constant regrets, bitterness, and especially the oft complaints of how the youth are being corrupted.

To the OP, only music brings out near psychedelic state in me.

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7610089 - 11/08/07 07:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
All I know and clearly remember is that I would have given anything to have my love there with me and share that incredible experience together, kissing and holding each other. :heartpump:

:inlove:

Quote:

:yesnod:

We typically allow ourselves to condition to our experience of life so that we lose the sense of profound mystery that permeates every second that we exist. It is a terrific loss because we truly don't have that much time here, in this form, to experience life. Even if we are perceiving very similar patterns every single day as we go through the course of our life situation, it is anything but routine, this moment has never existed before, and there is no reason to allow ourselves to identify with routine and lose our heightened sense of perceptions.

Perhaps this dimming of awareness occurs because, as we feel we know our surroundings and these repeated patterns, we feel safe in thinking that we are safe, that there isn't anything that is going to leap out around that corner and go booga booga booga at us (:smirk:), and thus our mind diverts focus away from our direct perception of reality into our own self-identity and our thoughts, which further obstruct our direct perceptions. We lull ourselves into sleep under the false assumption that there isn't an immediacy of our own death in this very moment. The less we live in relation to death, the less we live.

Quote:

What are the things which naturally induce psychedelic experiences to you? How do they happen and what do you do to prologue them? :heart:

Quote:

I think that the most in hand thing for me to do, in order to reach that state, is to simply laugh.

You laughing naturally induces psychadelic experiences within me. :tripping: Every aspect of who you are does. :heartpump:

I don't quite know what induces psychadelic experiences within me first, if it is my mind that goes transparent and allows me to more directly perceive reality, or if something in my perceptions triggers my mind to stop obstructing being aware of my perceptions. :strokebeard:

I think it could go either way, but it is mostly my mind that induces the psychadelic experiences, and it occurs more and more as I have went through these cycles of becoming more and then less aware, learning from them and realizing how I am free to act and think in this moment in order to center in my being, to more directly perceive reality.

Bringing myself to experience through my senses really does it... it isn't in terms of specific thoughts, but a mental process. Spatial organization really assists experiencing through my senses. At work, I've been training myself to open my senses to space, and not objects. This is when I really start to become aware, when I can sense the qualities of space. Otherwise, it is simply the thought of how amazingly crazy it is that I am alive right now, thoughts regarding all of that and death and everything... :mushroom2:

And, as I was saying initially, you. :smile: I stay blissfully aware and focused on every subtle nuance of who you are, and it always makes me feel like I'm tripping. :tripping:

Quote:

I find myself in all these situations which require "seriousness" and all I can do is simply burst into laughter. Which usually comes from me imagining the most "inappropriate" things that could happen regarding all those morgue-like situations. :lol: :smirk:

Same here. :rofl2:

I can't wait to actually act on that urge to run around at work, scared as fuck, screaming about aliens being out back. :lol: I think people would think I'm insane if they saw me walking around, working, laughing like a lunatic. :smirk:

Quote:

Case in which it wouldn't be clinging to that state of bliss anymore, but simply trying to become more open and perceptive to the quality of each and every experience.

Which would, in turn, bring all of that bliss. :smile:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Sober Psychedelic states [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7610306 - 11/08/07 09:25 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said:

:thumbup:  :wink:

I remember when I was 2 and 3 years old, I was *tripping* all the time.  Now, I wasn't on drugs, but I was so close to the void.  I recall seeing the *frequency bands* very often in those years.  I had such and understanding of the nature of being and consciousness.  I could obtain universal wisdom from the infinite blackness that was always so near.  I remember just sitting there, having long conversations with myself about the nature of existence, but I could not yet speak.  The best way I can describe that inner voice I was communicating with would be that of an old, gentle man.  I recognized it as me, but at the same time it was alien.  It was so pure.  I knew what I was and that I was the All. 

In one of my first memories (I must have been right around 2 yrs) I recall having this profound feeling of "okay, here we go again...."  I often spoke with myself about reality and life and death and the universe.  I remember listening to that voice explain how reincarnation worked.  Pretty much up until I started school, I knew I had been here before, and that I was an eternal frequency-like energy pattern.  Then my programming began.

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order