Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelawn
Stranger
Loc: Southern California
Humidifiers?
    #760039 - 07/19/02 07:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everybody! This is my first time growing shrooms, wish me luck!
I innoculated 12 myco bags using four syringes on 7/14/02.
It's been almost a week, and I'm not seeing any mycelium. I had a heat blanket underneath the bags on low for a while, but it seemed to be drying out the substrate, so I took it out.
My question is:
Would it help to put a humidifier in the closet that the bags are in? I live in so cal, so it's pretty hot and humid anyway, but would it help anyway?
any tips or thoughts are greatly appreciated!
stoned,
*lawn*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

Re: Humidifiers? [Re: lawn]
    #760053 - 07/19/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Im not familiar with the myco bags, but if they are just a standard filter patch bag, in my experience not much humidity gets through that filter. I have experimented putting bags in a cardboard box and in a terrarium with no light and they both do equally well.

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #760070 - 07/19/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I can tell you from experience that a heating pad on low is MUCH too hot to put your bags directly on top of.

As evidenced by the fact that the substrate dried out, you probably did have the bags directly on the pad or at least too close to it.

At this point, all you can do is hope that the spores are still viable and shake the bags well, then put 'em in a closet or on top of your refrigerator (where it gets warm, not hot) and wait 4 or 5 days to see if you get growth.

If not, then re-innoculate the bags with 6cc's of spore water each, shake 'em up and put 'em back.

The excess heat is what screwed you, I'm afraid.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Offlinelawn
Stranger
Loc: Southern California
Re: Humidifiers? [Re: TM]
    #760090 - 07/19/02 07:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Is there anything I can do to salvage this project in some way?
I'm gonna cry if I just wasted all that money

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #760109 - 07/19/02 07:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I thought I was clear...

============================================================
At this point, all you can do is hope that the spores are still viable and shake the bags well, then put 'em in a closet or on top of your refrigerator (where it gets warm, not hot) and wait 4 or 5 days to see if you get growth.

If not, then re-innoculate the bags with 6cc's of spore water each, shake 'em up and put 'em back.
============================================================

What don't you understand? The bags are still good, you may just have to buy several spore syrynges to accomplish re-innoculating/re-hydrating them.

Feel better now?

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck