Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE?
    #757498 - 07/18/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A videotape captured the arrest of 16-year-old Donovan Jackson. The tape showed a police officer throwing the teen onto the hood of a police car and then punching him in the face. (Stringer Video)

ABC NEWS LINK here.

I think that there might be a link with whats going on in California and whats happening here at The Shroomery. I have been a member of this site for a long time and NEVER can I recall seing racial tensions and freedom of speech issues so bad at The Shroomery.

I cant help but think that the videotape of a white police officer in Inglewood California (near LA) slaming the head of a cuffed black 16 year old into a cop car has reignited the race tensions not seen since the Rodney King riots....

Now after I have the time to catch up on recent posts here I am reminded of a war-zone. Shit it?s like a cyber-riot on here today. The Shroomery didnt used to be like this... To me it has gotten a little more disrespectfull, to say the least.

I fail to uderstand the need to attack other?s race as I do other?s views off what should be baned. In short I wish the best for everyone here and pray (if I can use such a non pc term as "pray") for the best for all members despite race,religion or sexual preference.... (*sigh*)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/20/02 12:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE? [Re: Jammer]
    #757618 - 07/18/02 08:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Cops that abuse people almost always get away with it. When cops pick on people like that 16 year old punk they get away with it because he's just a little kid resisting arrest and no one cares unless it's caught on tape. If that kid was white do you think there would be such media outrage? But if the cops want to start trouble with a kid that happens to be a 'nigger' than it's racist because everyone knows cops never ever beat up anyone other than 'niggers'. Yeah, cops beat me up before. I was dragged out of my house with a shotgun pointed at my chest in febuary of this year. Where's the outrage there? No one cares but me. So oh well. If I was black I'de have been a news story. Ha.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineJammer

Re: INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE? [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #757637 - 07/18/02 08:05 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

RE: "If that kid was white do you think there would be such media outrage?"

Yes I do... It would not matter what color the boy was, the tape shows what appears to be needless violence.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #757746 - 07/18/02 08:49 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That's what cops do. It's their job. They screw people for a living. They're on power trips and they get off on this shit. We live in a police state.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Anonymous

#758225 - 07/19/02 04:49 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Like Rail_Gun stated, we live in a police state. Get used to it, there's going to be a lot more of this when we disarm all the citizens.

Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
    #758399 - 07/19/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

if they were white it would only make this big of a wave if it was caught on tape.as to you being drug out of your house at gunpoint were you being raided? if so they generally treat everybody they raid like that and all they would have to say if someone presented some sort of taape in court was that you were a threat and were being extremely hostile while still in the house.now if someone saw them hit you with the butt of the gun while you were in cufs there would be an outrage that is if you were able to get it on tape.

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #758665 - 07/19/02 08:04 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If the child in question were white the cop never would have punched him.
When is the last time that you heard of a black cop being charged with hitting a HANDCUFFED white kid? There is no excuse to ever hit a handcuffed person, be that person, a child, teen, or a big mean white son of a bitch. Now, if the need arises, before he is handcuffed, I say the cops need to do what is neccesary. Even I have been arrested, minor, but arrested none the less. I wasn't foolish enough to run or bad mouth the cops, even though they were arresting the wrong person. I was polite, laid down, in my best suit even, and laced my hands behind my head; no punching or kicking neccesary.

We do live in a police state, bear that in mind if one should be confronted with the big guns of the police, save your outrage for the trial or judge; the cops don't want to hear it and couldn't care less.

Anonymous

Re: INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE? [Re: mr freedom]
    #758815 - 07/19/02 09:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Cops DO punch white kids, I have been involved in taking reports of police abuse (many many years ago). It does happen, it just doesn't make good press.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #758848 - 07/19/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

There is no excuse to ever hit a handcuffed person, be that person, a child, teen, or a big mean white son of a bitch.

If they are not resisting arrest and are handcuffed I agree. How about if they are biting and or kicking. There are some people that can do major damage even while handcuffed. As the kid in the tape did not appear to be resisting, the cop was way out of line and should be jailed.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

#758857 - 07/19/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That kid was like slow and shit though man. I know it doesnt make alot of difference but I think its sad... Like hitting a little kid.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE? [Re: ]
    #759082 - 07/19/02 11:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This kid will get lots of money from the department and the cop will be charged and convicted with assault but will not do any jail time, probation or have to pay restitution because of his "years of service" to the comunity.
Charges against the kid and his father will be droped and Cockgrin will be fameous once again.

Thats my prediction.

Durring the rodney king riots I wasnt in California so I didnt know much about it, then they had the 10 year aniversary a little while ago and their were all kids of news stories on it..
The Koreans own MOST of the business in those areas and tensions between them and blacks were heated because of some store owners shooting some black kids and getting away with it.
When the riots broke out the Koreans formed their own military style police force and they used a Korean radio station to dispatch car loads of kids with Mak 10's and sawed off shot guns to stores being luted. They set up sand and rice bags around entrances to larger electronics and grocery stores and had rotateing shifts of guys armed to the teeth bunkered down to protect the place.

Theirs lots of great footage of cars full of them jumping out at stores being luted, spraying bullets into the air and black people running away. They also set up hardwhere crews and together could clear a business of luters and have the entire place boarded up with two armed guards inside in less than 20 minutes.

It was some really cool shit. You can still see the destruction of the riots today.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineJammer

Re: INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #759261 - 07/19/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

At least in this case the cop being acused wasnt suspended WITH pay (as was the case with the R King cops)... I read that the guy that pounded that kid's head in was supsended with OUT pay... pending an investgation.

My concern is what might happen if a jury finds the cop inocent.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
    #759528 - 07/19/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I can't believe yall act like all cops are these horrible racist assholes. Some are, sure, but they aren't around here at least. Rodney King, in my opinion, deserved it, somewhat. He was fucked out of mind and speeding down a highway, easily could've killed himself and others. He attacked police officers, and you only get to see the part with the cops beating the hell out of him. If you were a cop and had to deal with the scum they have to deal with, like violent gangbangers, rapists, I guarantee you you'd understand where those cops were coming from. They went overboard, but then so did Rodney King, why isn't anyone bitching about him speeding and endangering the lives of others? Why? Cuz he's black and it isn't politically correct to do so. The riots were an excuse to loot stores and break shit and get those Korean shopowners back. None of em really cared about King. Its all so very stupid. Riots are stupid. Racism is stupid, and so are people that blame all cops for being racist. Criminals like that *shouldn't* be treated nice. Like this 16 year old kid, you don't know what he did before the clip they're showing over and over on the news. But you shouldn't beat someone cuffed, that doesn't excuse that.

I still think its sad that Mumia fuck kills a white cop for NO REASON other than the fact he pulled his brother over for driving down the wrong side of the road with no headlights on. And now everyone's screaming "free Mumia!" WHY do they want people like that on the streets?

All my black friends agree with me on this, btw. Stereotyping cops is JUST as bad as stereotyping any other group.

Cheers
ShroomSkin

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE? [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #759542 - 07/19/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>>>At least in this case the cop being acused wasnt suspended WITH pay (as was the case with the R King cops)... I read that the guy that pounded that kid's head in was supsended with OUT pay... pending an investgation.<<<

theyre on administrative leave, WITH PAY... Even if the courts find them guilty the police union will still hold their jobs for them, if they have to serve no time then they will be back on patroll immediatly after sentanceing, maybe not in the same area but in the same union I guarantee..

GOD BLESS UNION. Their union put up the money for their legel defence and their bail...
GOD BLESS UNION.

>>>Rodney King, in my opinion, deserved it<<<
Me King did NOT deserve to be hit by 4 officers with night sticks more than 180 times in less than 60 seconds.

>>>only get to see the part with the cops beating the hell out of him.<<<
So you agree, they beat the hell out of him... Thats NOT what they are their for.

>>>The riots were an excuse to loot stores and break shit and get those Korean shopowners back<<<
Thats true.. Riots are just a bad day and any excuese away in the hood of LA.. Thats how bad things are their.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Loc: DEA Research Deptpartment
Re: INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE? [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #759557 - 07/19/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

did you see that recently rodney king got in trouble for driving under the influence of a hallicinogen.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

OfflineJammer

#759562 - 07/19/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My understanding is that the police UNION is paying them, but that the City is not.... As I recall the cops involved with R. King were stilled paid by the city while they were "suspended"... there is a diference.

I might me mistaken on the exact facts involving how the suspended cops were paid however.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

#759572 - 07/19/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Nope.. they are on administrative leave...

Remember, the department still has no proof that they did anything wrong... If they suspended them without pay then the Union would be all over the cities ass and they would sue the city...

Administrative leave = vacation with pay. If they are found guilty then the city can ask for back pay, but then the Union will chalk up all that time off with pay to sick days, vacation time, government "family days" (california thing) and personal health days (me days for cops).

The cops will get their jobs back and keep all that pay without ANY laps in benefits or repremand for unnecissary time off.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineJammer

#759581 - 07/19/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Man I know that I heard a reporter on a major news tv channel say to the other... However thats the only time that I heard any reports to that effect.

Thanks for clearing this up. (I cant find a link to debute it- hehe)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/19/02 07:29 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #770571 - 07/23/02 12:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

When is the last time that you heard of a black cop being charged with hitting a HANDCUFFED white kid?

You have not heard of a white kid being beaten by the police because the news media is infected by political correctness. If an unarmed white person is shot by cops, the news media will not report on it. If an unarmed black person is shot by cops, the news media will put it on the front page for a month.

There is no excuse to ever hit a handcuffed person, be that person, a child, teen, or a big mean white son of a bitch. Now, if the need arises, before he is handcuffed, I say the cops need to do what is neccesary. Even I have been arrested, minor, but arrested none the less. I wasn't foolish enough to run or bad mouth the cops, even though they were arresting the wrong person. I was polite, laid down, in my best suit even, and laced my hands behind my head; no punching or kicking neccesary.

Very good. You realize that when you cooperate with the cops, they will not rough you up. I'm sorry, but this 16 year old kid deserved what he got. He is the one who initiated the attack with the police officers. In my opinion, they should have kicked the shit out of him instead of only punching him and throwing him in the car.

Remember Rodney King? All you saw over and over again was that tape showing police officers beating him up. That tape didn't show the previous ten minutes when Rodney King(a convicted felon by the way) was speeding down the road at 120 miles per hour while he was running from the cops(oh and by the way he was high on PCP and God knows what else). He finally stopped the car and lunged at the officers who tried to arrest him. Rodney King got his ass kicked and he deserved every fucking kick and baton whip that he got.

There are people in this world who have no respect for anybody else's bodies or property. The only way to stop these people from inflicting mayhem, mischief, and misery is to use brute force to subdue them.

RandalFlagg

Anonymous

Re: INGLEWOOD, CALIF. POLICE ABUSE? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #770617 - 07/23/02 12:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There are people in this world who have no respect for anybody else's bodies or property. The only way to stop these people from inflicting mayhem, mischief, and misery is to use brute force to subdue them.
True, unfortunate but true.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder