Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Salvia, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety
    #7589129 - 11/02/07 09:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What's weird is that I get a certain amount of anxiety/fear/excitement (anxfearitement?) before any psychedelic experience but part of my relationship to psychedelics is getting over that and accepting it and passing through it. But the DMT fear is seriously thumping me over the head every time my mind starts considering it. Of the two times I've done it neither was bad, one was quite awesome but I didn't completely break through either time.

Maybe the anxiousness comes from the fact that I usually think about smoking DMT when I'm already stoned. I think I could actually deal with doing it better if I was sober first..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7589147 - 11/02/07 09:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've never smoked DMT, but that's how I feel with salvia. My mind has trouble adjusting to an immediate come up...like smoke, inhale, hold, POOF. The speed you take off at can be intimidating. I feel much less anxiety when I can feel the drug creeping up through my senses.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: MOTH]
    #7589214 - 11/02/07 09:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

it passes, i used to be the same way
now i just take a good 10 sec mental prep and let go

i just got to try dmt on mushrooms for the first time.
it was fun. alot less body load cus i think my body was kinda already loosened from my mind.
i saw a crazy ornate alter towering above me with crazy little spider creatures devouring a body atop the alter.
a very creey yet smhow festive vision. it being haloween and what not it was not a purly grim trip. kinda just like "ooo look how scary we can be" even the bugs seemed to be grining and having a good time :grin:

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7589218 - 11/02/07 09:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I get anxiety so bad that I havent tripped in over a year. More like a year and half and have barely smoked too...

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Loc: Never Land
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7589280 - 11/02/07 09:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The anxiety is from the weed, you use a different part of your brain when you're high. The same shit happens to me, but for other stuff. I don't like to think about too much important shit when I'm high because it makes me anxious.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: Caribou_Lou]
    #7589288 - 11/02/07 09:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i hear alot of people say they dont like smoking anymore cus it
"makes them think"
either to hard or too fast or too depressive

i for one love week cus it dulls the overwhellming chatter of my brain and keeps me a drift cofurtably in the white noise. i can still think fast and what not. but my brain is considerably more maluble.

--------------------

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
    #7589300 - 11/02/07 10:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Me too but its pretty easy for me to "drop" the anxiety from my mind.  I just remind myself "I've done it many times before" and it helps alot.  But then again I've done DMT 15-25 times probably. The most beautiful experiences were the first though and those were the ones I had the most anxiety :shrug:  So maybe the anxiety is a good thing?

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: MOTH]
    #7589330 - 11/02/07 10:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
I've never smoked DMT, but that's how I feel with salvia. My mind has trouble adjusting to an immediate come up...like smoke, inhale, hold, POOF. The speed you take off at can be intimidating. I feel much less anxiety when I can feel the drug creeping up through my senses.

Hmm, I find it to be the other way around. The longer something takes to kick in just gives me more time to think about it and get anxious. With salvia I don't really get any anxiety. I guess I just don't get anxious before taking the drug, it's when I take the drug I start to get anxious and question my decision. Fortunately that anxiety is always overcome once the trip comes on.

--------------------
!

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: jewunit]
    #7589362 - 11/02/07 10:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yep I get anxious on the long come ups too. Alot of times it makes me rethink what I've done.

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7589430 - 11/02/07 10:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

the anxiety doesn't hit me until loading up the vaporizer

and, from what I've read even from people doing this for decades now, there is almost always anxiety before taking a dose

it's been almost a month since my last journey, and it was a month+ before that one. it really doesn't seem like the gaps are that large, especially considering I think about vaporizing some about every day. but I can't wait to return again

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: demiu5]
    #7589906 - 11/03/07 01:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Let David the Gnome guide you through your journey and you will never have anxiety again:)

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: danlennon3]
    #7589985 - 11/03/07 02:44 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thats how i am about acid.

you could quit doing drugs and slowly forget about it...

also, i never liked weed because it made my mind too slow and too full of white noise hahahaha. i like the feeling of my brain thinking and interacting with my environment too much... i couldn't handle disconnecting.

weed making you think to hard or too fast? lol. i guess it does make you think about more stuff thats normally only on the edges of your conscious, but like i said i don't like it because i like being able to think hard and fast, and weed interferes with that.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery

Loc: Way Up North
Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: demiu5]
    #7590147 - 11/03/07 05:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I used to get terrible anxiety any time I was around mushrooms or lsd, it was terrible, as soon as the stuff hit my lips my entire bowels would demand I emptied them.  It was never a good way to start my journey and took me years to overcome. 

No more shitty trips :sun:

Offlinem.v2
Apple-Core
Male

Re: Whenever I think about doing DMT again, I get crazy anxiety [Re: Adom]
    #7590221 - 11/03/07 07:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Adom said:
I used to get terrible anxiety any time I was around mushrooms or lsd, it was terrible, as soon as the stuff hit my lips my entire bowels would demand I emptied them.

I get that every time I'm about to roll. It's more of an excitement thing, because I know in a few hours I'm going to be the happiest I've ever been.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Salvia, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub