Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

disappointing time with Sally
    #7585531 - 11/01/07 08:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Last night I smoked a bit of 20x from a pipe, I'm not sure exactly how much but maybe a 10th of a gram. The smoke was harsh so I wasn't able to hold half my tokes in my lungs, and didn't get quite the full amount.

My experience was very similar to the experience I have when I smoke way too much weed. There was some geometrical imagery in my head that I was able to control, and I felt really self conscious. I felt dissociated from myself, like I was half there and half missing, and I was just really worried about the fact that my roomates were home and felt really uncomfortable with the thought of them knowing I was high even though I'd already told them I was going to smoke. It basically just brought to the forefront all of my worst insecurities. I felt really pathetic, as if I was a total fuckup, even though I don't feel that way about myself or about drug use.

The downstairs neighbours were watching a funny movie, and I could hear it through the vent in my room. I felt like I was the joke and that the laugh track was coming from somewhere in the sally realm, although when I thought about it I realized it was thier movie. I got really fidgety and decided to change the cd. I tried to lay down again and relax but my back had tensed up alot and I was just really uncomfortable. For a short while I managed to be a little bit calm and got into a space where there was some interesting imagery and as though I'd noticed a sort of hazy veil that I wanted to cross through. Several times I repeated in my head "grandmother, will you let me in? Let me in grandmother." But I knew she wasn't going to. Then I just got frustrated again and left my room to pace around the house. My roomate was in the kitchen and I just kind of stared at him for a minute then asked him if he wanted to hang out with me in my room. I ranted about how I was feeling and he listened to me. Then we put on a different cd which put me in a better mood and I came down. Once I'd come down I felt alright.

Today was an ok day, but when I had a bit of a blood sugar crash I felt the same way I felt last night. Eating helped but I still feel kind of jarred, and like I'm going to have to work to avoid slumping into a depression.

That was definitly not what I was hoping for, but I'm willing to try again. One bad time doesn't mean she's a bad drug. Perhaps I just have to get to know her a bit better. Have other people had bad early experiences that have improved with familiarity? Perhaps she's not the one for me, although I've felt such a powerful draw...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr_DeeMsTer
Mystic

Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #7585540 - 11/01/07 08:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i never found salvia worth experimenting with. i got way more out of dmt than salvia. look for some dmt!

Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: Mr_DeeMsTer]
    #7585602 - 11/01/07 09:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Are you using a torch lighter? That's definitely a must. I would also reccomend smoking out of a gravity bong so you can take a lot of smoke in all at once. Taking multiple hits never worked as well as one giant hit for me.

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: disturbed]
    #7585671 - 11/01/07 09:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

No, I'm not using a torch lighter because I believe that those on this board who say it's not necessary know what they are talking about. They make a convincing argument. I will use a bong next time though, One gigantic hit seems as though it'd make the difference. I just didn't want to go overboard this time and thought I'd test out my tolerance with smaller pipe tokes instead.

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: disturbed]
    #7585706 - 11/01/07 09:29 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

disturbed said:
Are you using a torch lighter? That's definitely a must.

No, it's not.

OfflineOverclock22
Here, There andBack Again
Male

Loc: NY
Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: despisedicon]
    #7585810 - 11/01/07 10:02 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

despisedicon said:
Quote:

disturbed said:

No, it's not.

But it sure helps. I tried 10x twice about 2 years ago and didn't get anything from it. That was out of a bong and pipe without a butane lighter. My friend wanted to try it so he got some 15x and a small water bong, we used a butane lighter and god damn.

I dont remember the 10 minutes after i took my hi. I remember getting a monster hit and thinking about how smooth it went down then looking up and seeing the whole world but in 2d and it was a mosaic of hands. After that I cant recall a thing, my friends tell me i talked a little about nonsense and made some hand gestures.

I remember the final few seconds before coming back and being able to move consciously.I had my eyes wide open i guess but the whole area i was in was orange, an endless void of it. It was odd though like the color was made of people who were that color, Its really hard to explain cause i was fucking scared shitless. I watched as my body was reconstructed from a space away from it.

I kept hoping id get back to my body and a voice from behind me said "what did you expect" then i was pulled into blackness. The comedown was really fast but what a horrifying experience. Ive done 5 grams of shrooms but it wasn't anything like that salvia trip. I'm really sad i cant remember most of it.I really think the water bong and torch lighter help you break through

--------------------
He did not laugh as his eyes stopped in awareness of the earth around him. His face was like a law of nature-a thing one could not question, alter or implore. It had high cheekbones over gaunt, hollow cheeks; gray eyes, cold and steady; a contemptuous mouth, shut tight, the mouth of an executioner or a saint.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, can you wake up a different person?

Cf. A.C. Doyle "I'll rise above this, you can't keep me down, for I am Divine, and I know it all too well."

Offlinec0_hush
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: Overclock22]
    #7586381 - 11/02/07 01:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

There is a certain method to smoking Salvia. What works for me is taking a HUGE hit and holding it in as much as possible and doing it again, quickly. Like DMT, you MUST take that 3rd toke to go thru the threshold and blast out into Salvia space or you'll have a weird mindfuck and after effects like what you just described. Been there, done that. Good to see you not discouraged and willing to give it another shot. You'll get it right next time.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: c0_hush]
    #7586406 - 11/02/07 01:47 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not really worried about the smoking technique. This is something that I can work on as I intend to use a bong next time I try salvia. I'm pretty sure that'll make all the difference. What was disappointing was how unpleasant the experience was. Is this a common result of just missing the 'breakthrough'? Do many people tend to feel really fucked up, insecure and paranoid when they reach this particular level? Maybe it's just the half losing a sense of self, but still retaining a little bit of it that is so disconcerting. It's a bizarre and disorienting sensation to have a fragmented, compromised but still clinging ego. I wanted to either let go of myself entirely or be grounded and self aware. What an unpleasant in between.

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #7586472 - 11/02/07 02:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Salvia isn't a pleasure drug. I'd say more than half the people who have tripped balls on I that I know were scared shitless. I made a straight edge friend try salvia once, he took one monster hit off a small bong and blasted off into hyperspace. He said it was the most terrifying experience of his life, but he was like still glad he had tried it. Now he knows.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: AlCapwn]
    #7586477 - 11/02/07 02:44 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

For the record though, I found it extremely fun all the times I've tried it. I usually don't have time to be scared, the only emotion I feel is if you could feel WTF as an emotion. But it's not a bad WTF, it's like a LOLWUT? LOLWUT is the best way I can explain it.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Offlinec0_hush
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7586480 - 11/02/07 02:47 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You were in limbo and the external stimuli didn't make any sense or effected you in a very negative way which could happen.  I would change the setting next time so there is no one else present and bong rips will definitely be bigger and better.  Just hold it in as much as you can and take another, then another.  The last hit you might feel like you can hold it in forever, remember to blow it out. :smile:

What kind of trip are you expecting?  It's not going to be a happy one, you might get the giggles with a lower dose or at the beginning but when it fully comes on, you'll be instantly transported into some bizarre place and it'll be intense.

--------------------

OfflineDeity208
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1,762
Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: c0_hush]
    #7586506 - 11/02/07 03:03 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I ordered one gram of 5x standardized extract and then an ounce of regular leaf today, I cant fucking wait! I've never broke through on anything before. Sorry, this thread got me all excited :wink:

--------------------
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus.
All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the
octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV.
But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns.
Also he got a race car.
Is any of this getting through to you?

Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: despisedicon]
    #7586794 - 11/02/07 07:48 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

despisedicon said:
Quote:

disturbed said:

No, it's not.

I'm speaking from personal experience. All I know is every time I tried it with a regular lighter all I felt was a little buzz (I've tried 10x, 20x both ways and 100x with just the torch) and when I used the torch I broke through every time. All I know is what worked for me (every time) and its only like $2 more for a torch lighter. Some of those extracts can get expensive if it were me I'd rather pay the extra $2 for the lighter than waste extract I paid a lot more for.

I have to say the 100x was the craziest shit I have ever seen in my life, it was fucking intense... I've done lots of hallucinogens in my day but this was far and away the craziest (I still have yet to try dmt tho).

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#7587184 - 11/02/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

With Salvia i definitely prefer to have no electronic noise going on at the time of the trip. That means cds, computers / large devices turned on in the room, tvs or radios in the next room etc. Such sources of sound and EMF radiation seem to confound the experience quite a bit.

I've had incredibly powerful experiences ("breakthrough") with just a small spoon pipe and plain leaf (not extract). I've always used a standard bic lighter, but held the flame to the leaves longer than i normally would with cannabis.

I didn't have any experiences that were much more than uncomfortable until the third time i smoked it, which was alone and outside with no noise except the wind and a distant highway.

Offline81Renaissance
Mad Scientist
Male

Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: Clean]
    #7588248 - 11/02/07 03:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Pure salvia experience=chewing the leaves. This is the way the shamans have done it for years, and they consider smoking it to be disrespectful to the herb to smoke it. The effects will take longer to manifest, but will last longer and be more enlightening if you do it the right way. Just a note: it does taste bad, but its worth it. Oh and if you can get fresh leaves rather than the concentrate it'll be easier to control the dose.

--------------------
"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: disappointing time with Sally [Re: 81Renaissance]
    #7588769 - 11/02/07 05:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I had access to fresh leaves, but my plant got stem rot and died. :shake:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag