Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
The Governator Sayz Go Chagaz
Male

Loc: USA
what to do?
    #758866 - 07/19/02 11:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Do you really have to go buy this aquarium and all this stuff? why cant u just use a plastic container with plastic wrap over it?Should i get some spores to play with first?Instead of wasting money on spore syringe then screwing up...?think im gonna send off to that euro spore exchange- wonder if they take an IOU...so i have jars syringe,plastic,spray bottle dont see why it wouldnt work...worth a shot right?suggestions on low budget?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: what to do? [Re: UFOz8MyGoat]
    #758874 - 07/19/02 11:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

in my opinion bare minimums are... perlite, vermiculite, brown rice flour, jars, a few rubber maid bins. Like... 3. 2 for your incubator, and 1 for a fruiting chamber.

Spore syringe, bottle of h202, bottle of alcohol, bottle of lysol, and a fishtank heater or heating pad.

that should be all you need, I think that's all I have. Except i'm using a fishtank pump for extra airflow, as well as humidity.

good luck!

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlineclosetfreak
Loc: h-town
    #758923 - 07/19/02 12:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Howabout you read tek and follow it to the letter and guess what you will have what you are looking for in about a month or so.

No you don't need an aquarium

Since you are NEW, I would definitely get a syringe. I don't think you will be messing with a spore print if you are worried about the other stuff. Don't bother with that Eurocrap whatever gadget dohicky thingie. Go to wallymart and spend 8 bucks on a rubbermaid storage tub.

And By Golly do some more research you are starting to scare me. If you are gonna do it, you better commit all the way.

Okay-make me proud

--------------------
back to my closet

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
    #758936 - 07/19/02 12:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

Should i get some spores to play with first?Instead of wasting money on spore syringe then screwing up...?

that doesnt make any sense at all....

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
Male

Re: what to do? [Re: JohnnyR]
    #758973 - 07/19/02 12:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i've read all about it looked at diff techniques... the resources are available when i start...what would be wrong with just making a sporeprint of any shroom and growing it for the hell of it...why not makes sence to me-...its not just about growing some to eat and trip>>> but im also interested in identifing whats what how they look like when they first start that kinda thing ...u cant just go by pics ,and there is no1 to teach me so u have to start somewhere

OfflineOrbita6974
journeyman
    #758989 - 07/19/02 12:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

people in oklahoma speak a new kind of english i recon, its because 9th grade is as high as most people get. slow down and think before your fingers of furry start typeing.....im not slaming just havent smoked in 2 days,

Offlineclosetfreak
Loc: h-town
Re: what to do? [Re: Orbita6974]
    #758998 - 07/19/02 12:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Speling is veree importent wen yu hav a reel job. Itz hard to grajuwate if yu kant spel ever.

--------------------
back to my closet

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: what to do? [Re: Orbita6974]
    #759001 - 07/19/02 12:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i cant realy understand what your saying... but once you get a spore print, you have to put it into a syringe so you can inoculate.. so basically you would be wasting money on a spore print rather than a syringe...

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

InvisibleUFOz8MyGoat
Male

Re: what to do? [Re: closetfreak]
    #759080 - 07/19/02 01:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

why dont u go up to the top and read the no flaming shit ...ok let just flame on newbies posting stoopid questions thats fun isnt it and oklahomans who made a typo oh my or misspelled something imagine that!!! your real real class act OK I POSTED SOMETHING STUPID FORGIVE ME?!?!?!?! fukin hoo karez!!!! im so skeered to post anything else guess i'll just krawl into a hole and die >>>>fuk...get a life

Offlinedanelectro
Disenfranchised

Loc: Left of Oblivion
    #759266 - 07/19/02 02:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

While you're in that hole can I have you throw some spent cakes in there, A FOAF has some, I've convinced him to try Moe's outdoor tek, and hey if you're digging a hole anyways.

--------------------
We should really love each other, in peace and harmony. Instead we're fussing and fighting, like we ain't supposed to be.-Bob Marley
The people, the still sleeping mass which it was necessary to mobilize and its vanguard, the guerrillas.
-Che

Edited by danelectro (07/19/02 02:53 PM)

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#759323 - 07/19/02 02:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Chill out there Shroomless. After you have been here awhile you will realize that some people like to tease the newbies. I am sure they do not mean anything personal by it. I would like to recommend that you try the pf tek and follow it to the letter if this is your first time growing. Do not rush it and try to cut corners, but wait until you have acquired all the necessary supplies. Doing this will maximize your chances of success. It really sucks to spend a couple of months trying to grow shrooms and waiting to trip on them only to come up with zilch for your effort.
pf tek

Please read the tek and become familiar with it. It is your friend. Don't forget to shop at thrift stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and St. Vincent DePauls for things like pressure cookers, Kaz coolmist humidifiers, rubbermaid containers, canning jars etc. I have seen all these things at my local thrift stores in the last month at drastically reduced prices. Good luck and bountiful harvests.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation