Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Florida Actives
    #7584927 - 11/01/07 05:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Tomorrow i will post up some pics! wish i still had a camera phone.

Anyway, today was my first day at a new job where i cut grass. first time ive had a job like this, and i was blown AWAY by all the different species that lay abundantly before my eyes in the lush fertalized grasses, and mulched flower beds of rich florida communities. there was all shapes, sizes, and colors. i couldve spent an entire day just picking and photographing in only a couple yards. but never could bcuz rich folk are picky about whos on their property(well actually who isnt)but now i have complete access too every yard filllllled with mushrooms.

so can i ask a huge favor of everyone who reads this. PLEASE either tell me and show me Florida actives/edibles, or send me a link to a page where i can go to identify by habitat and photo!

tomorrow like i said i will get pictures, but i will also take a backpack, and fill the dam thing up!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Florida Actives [Re: just me]
    #7584965 - 11/01/07 05:44 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

most of them look like these:grin: please tell me its possible!

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #7585115 - 11/01/07 06:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

..and you got 5 for reading the faq's? You will be able to find the answers to all your questions and more in the forum rules thread :stoned:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Florida Actives [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #7585231 - 11/01/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i knew i had seen it somewhere b4 here on shroomery, just couldnt remember where. thanks for pointing me in the right direction! im just really in a hurry, i have to go out of town tonight and be up for work early as shit. forgive my impatience in digging around to find the answer. thanks again for pointing me to it!

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

OfflineStonedShroomy
Stranger
    #7585251 - 11/01/07 07:14 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yes I can help you out I live in flordia as well and I need to make a guide anyways there are 10 known psychoactive mushrooms in Florida the're I wrote a guide to idenitfying them but i can't find it on my computer if I do I will post it here for you the ten known psychoactive mushrooms are
1.Gymnopilus aeruginosus
2.Gymnopilus luteofolius
3.Panaeolus cyanescens
4.Panaeolus chlorocystis
5.Panaeolus fimicola
6.Panaeolus subbalteatus
7.Psilocybe caerulescens
8.Psilocybe cubensis
9.Psilocybe mammilata
10.Psilocybe tampanensis

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Florida Actives [Re: StonedShroomy]
    #7585302 - 11/01/07 07:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thanks shroomy! im thinkin i got a mess of libs! yay whats the scientific name of libs?

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
    #7585321 - 11/01/07 07:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

libs don't grow in florida. In lawns look for panaeolus species: subbalteatus, and I believe there's another un id'd active lawn panaeolus in Florida lawns. In woodchips and mulched areas look for gymnopilus luteofolius. Do some research on these species. They will be your best bet in richy rich lawns.

--------------------

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Florida Actives [Re: landsnorkler]
    #7585428 - 11/01/07 08:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think you'll find tampanesis if you're talking about the sclerotia that is. Unless your some experienced sclerotia hunter. :what:

Do you think you could train a dog to hunt tampanesis? Or better yet..a bear! :hotidea:

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Florida Actives [Re: StonedShroomy]
    #7585605 - 11/01/07 09:02 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

StonedShroomy said:
Yes I can help you out I live in flordia as well and I need to make a guide anyways there are 10 known psychoactive mushrooms in Florida the're I wrote a guide to idenitfying them but i can't find it on my computer if I do I will post it here for you the ten known psychoactive mushrooms are
1.Gymnopilus aeruginosus
2.Gymnopilus luteofolius
3.Panaeolus cyanescens
4.Panaeolus chlorocystis
5.Panaeolus fimicola
6.Panaeolus subbalteatus
7.Psilocybe caerulescens
8.Psilocybe cubensis
9.Psilocybe mammilata
10.Psilocybe tampanensis

I just saw this list the other day and didn't agree with it too much. First of all I don't have a clue where Gymnopilus aeruginosus came from because I do not believe it grows in Florida. I have found three different psychoactive species of Gym in southwest Florida they are: G. luteofolius, G. luteus and G. luteoviridis (I think I spelled that last one incorrect). Secondly there is no mention in the list about Panaeolus (Copelandia) westii.

I have spent a good hundred hours seeking Psilocybe tampanensis, P. mammilata and P caerulescens with zero luck mostly in southwest Florida.

For the most part there is only one psychoactive shroom to be found in lawns in south Florida. And I have never heard of it growing farther north than Tampa. It is a Panaeolus. I have never identified it down to an exact species, but have found it on over 1 hundred occassions and bioassayed them 2 dozen times. I originally thought them to be Panaeolus castaneifolius, so we named them "Pan Casters". But after examineing the spores under a microscope we concluded it was a different species. Do a search for "Florida Lawn Shrooms" or as the Peaceful Nomad would refer to them as "Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius".

Panaeolus subbalteatus rarely ever shows up in lawns in Florida (southwest Florida at least). I've found subbs in lawns I think twice in the Sarasota area. Subbalteatus can be found much more often growing from cow and horse dung and well manured pasturelands.

Psilocybe cubensis on rare occassions can actually be found growing in newly placed sod with cow dung mixed in the there somehow. I once found 1 decent sized Cubensis growing in the lawn of a new college building with new sod. It's out of the ordinary to find them that way. Cubensis grow in cow and horse pastures, and they will also grow in stables and stable areas from a mixture of dung and stable shavings. Panaeolus cyanescens also know as Blue Meanies grow just mainly from cow dung.

Gymnopilus luteofolius isn't too hard of a find in Florida, but I never thought it was the easiest to identify correctly. I remember most of my lute finds were in the summertime. During the summer months check the woodchips all around town. I would advise caution to any novice when it comes to bioassaying Gymnopilus shrooms.

One other time I found a single specimen of a Panaeolus which stained blue and was found in a lawn. I assume it could have been Panaeolus fimicola or another similar species.

Lastly on one other occassion I found a bluing psychoactive species of Panaeolus (of which was never identified) growing from deteriating cow dung. I only found it once, and I was certain it was not subbalteatus.

So there is stuff out there to be found in the state of Florida. I assume there are still new psychoactive species to be found in that state as well.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Florida Actives [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #7590720 - 11/03/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i´m catchin up

I have spent a good hundred hours seeking Psilocybe tampanensis, P. mammilata and P caerulescens with zero luck mostly in southwest Florida.

hope you found it some day , and you seem to be the guardian of the area , kepp up , will love to see all your finds , and knoleghe well i see all the time but you know , will love to get into the deppest ....
all my best vibration to you GGreatOne234

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Invisibleflorida lurker
dude
Male

Loc: florida
Re: Florida Actives *DELETED* [Re: cactu]
    #9439500 - 12/15/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by florida lurker

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
˚çriyt•¶5vΩΩ∑πûg§¢e§ªºπø˚m\®∂

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Florida Actives [Re: florida lurker]
    #9439798 - 12/15/08 08:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

This thread is over a year old.  GGreatOne234 is no longer here.

--------------------

Offlinecube talk
Stranger

Re: Florida Actives [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9444743 - 12/16/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What happened to greatone?

--------------------

OfflinePsilo_Subliminal
Delta
Male

Loc: Dagobah
Re: Florida Actives [Re: cube talk]
    #9448731 - 12/17/08 07:08 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cube talk said:

I was thinking the same thing, he was like my idol when i first started hunting....

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Florida Actives [Re: cube talk]
    #9448790 - 12/17/08 07:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cube talk said:

He lives in Washington now, i just talked with him the other day, hes doing fine

OfflinePsilo_Subliminal
Delta
Male

Loc: Dagobah
Re: Florida Actives [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9450090 - 12/17/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
Quote:

cube talk said:

He lives in Washington now, i just talked with him the other day, hes doing fine

When did that happen?

Im curious as to why a move to wash. would cause him to stop posting...?

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Florida Actives [Re: Psilo_Subliminal]
    #9450256 - 12/17/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

he was banned from one of the forums and said he was sick of all the bullshit on here

he moved in May 2008 i think

he told me he hated Florida and had to move in order to be happy

i think he might have been going to college, i remember him telling me he lived on one of the college campuses in Washington

Offlinecube talk
Stranger

#9450578 - 12/17/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

He must have had insane hatred to go as far away as humanly possible without leaving the actual states.. wtf?

I don't think I would ever move that far up north unless I had to.

Florida is awesome, it's just the people here sometimes suck big munkey nutz.

--------------------

OfflineDecember 19th
Stranger
    #9460128 - 12/19/08 02:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
he was banned from one of the forums and said he was sick of all the bullshit on here

he moved in May 2008 i think

he told me he hated Florida and had to move in order to be happy

i think he might have been going to college, i remember him telling me he lived on one of the college campuses in Washington

A friend of mine in Okeechobee told me he's Back in the U.S.S.R. :regularshroom:

Invisibleflorida lurker
dude
Male

Loc: florida
Re: Florida Actives [Re: December 19th]
    #9474037 - 12/21/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i don't know how he could turn his back on florida:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------
˚çriyt•¶5vΩΩ∑πûg§¢e§ªºπø˚m\®∂

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale