Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetosatori
and beyond
Male

Tripping Fits
    #7575828 - 10/30/07 09:33 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Twice now i have passed out and subsequently had a fit, on a hallucinogenic. Before i begin can i just say i am not in the least bit worried about this, just interested/intrieged.

The first time this happened was about 7months ago. There was around 8 of us in a house. I'd taken just over 20 dried grams of selective cuttings from peruvian torch. The dose was quite a large one, or at least adequate. For those of you who have taken mescaline, you'll know its a bitch to get to sleep afterwards. So after dosing at around 6pm on an evening, i found myself at noon the following day, feeling immensely tired, but wired and so unable to sleep. I stepped outside alone, and smoked a joint. The mescaline visuals had more or less subsided. Around 25minutes later i was standing in the kitchen, when suddenly something inside my head just changed. It was as if i was coming up on some intense drug, i felt lifted off the ground slightly, and was sweating alot. This continued for around 10seconds, and i knew i was fucked. Then just as i began to pass out, i got the most intense open-eye visuals i've ever had, every element of the kitchen around me dissolved into colour which all rushed upwards and then i collapsed. I awoke around 10seconds later scaring this shit out of all my friends who didnt know what the hell was going on. Apparently i'd laid on the floor shaking and fitting.

A similar thing happened in amsterdam with my girlfriend a couple of months ago. I was at the end of a fairly heavy Cubensis trip, sat in a small coffee shop drinking a pint, and smoking a strong joint when i got the same feeling, and i knew i was going to pass out. There was nothing i could do but wait, i told my girlfriend i was going to pass out, and she caught me when i fell. The visuals were intense both coming into it, and leaving. My girlfriend told me my whole back arched although i awoke after only several seconds this time.

Is this some form of epilepsy that only becomes apparent, when i take a lot of substances? To be fair it seems to be the marijuana and alcohol that brings them on, although they've only ever occurred when using hallucinogenics with them.

The visuals i see are how i imagine DMT must be like. Pure twirling colour as everything disintegrates into nothingness.

I imagine i am a one off and this is an unknown condition. if condition is the right word.

i know this is longwinded but i just thought i'd set the scene.

thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Tripping Fits [Re: tosatori]
    #7575882 - 10/30/07 09:50 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have known people that pass out because of psychedelics. My little brother has passed out a few times. The weird thing was that he wasn't even tripping hard. We just standing at a campfire and he passed right out. He seemed to be shaking a little bit. He came back around after 30 seconds or so. But then he just wanted to stay on the ground and he didn't really talk too much the rest of the night.

But then there is my fiance's family. They all just pass out with out warning. Her whole family has this problem. I guess I wouldn't call it pass out. They more or less black out, but it is still fucked up.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #7575886 - 10/30/07 09:52 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm assuming it's the pot. Pot can make you pass out on it's own, on a psychedelic I can see it being an intense experience.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Offlinetosatori
and beyond
Male

Re: Tripping Fits [Re: AlCapwn]
    #7575899 - 10/30/07 09:55 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i think its more than just passing out though. i take my fair share of drugs, and i've passed out several times. But this is different, its a fit, not just passing out, and from the amount it scares people that i am with when i do it, i know its different.

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
    #7576041 - 10/30/07 10:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

My friend had a similar experience...

Posters equated the cause to a few different factors, its a good read for the OP.

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #7576065 - 10/30/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

From what you're saying, it sounds without a doubt like you are experiencing seizures/convulsions. You say you passed out and then started shaking. You also said that one of the times you passed out your girlfriend said you're back was all arched, meaning your muscles were involuntarily contracting. This would seem like a red flag to me, but I also understand you said that you aren't concerned.

What I would recommend is simply doing some research on the subject of seizures and convulsions involved with psychedelics. I would think you'd know if you were epileptic, so I don't think that is what causing it, but there may be something to this. Have any of your family members had fainting episodes or anything like that in the past?

--------------------

Offlinetosatori
and beyond
Male

Re: Tripping Fits [Re: MorphMan]
    #7580077 - 10/31/07 10:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

seizures/convulsions seems very likely to me. I don't think there's any history in the family of this sort of thing but im not 100% i was also curious as to whether the intense visuals i get before and after the experience is down to naturally occuring dmt in the brain. It could easily not be, but it seems plausible.

If it occurs a few more times, i might become a tad more concerned but i always recover fine, and i quite enjoy the visuals. :tongue:

Invisiblexile
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#7580329 - 10/31/07 11:34 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Wow. I've had the exact same experience once before.

Ate 1.5 grams with some friends at one of their houses. About 1 hour in, I decided to eat another gram. We'd been smoking a lot up to this point, i'd say around an 8th between three of us in an hour. I ate the new gram, and we went back downstairs. I instantly knew something was wrong, I just felt very light and disconnected, I knew I needed to go outside so I went out the back and sat on the ground. Everything was getting really intense, things were starting to morph around. Every color flashed into one. The entire world was blue, then green, then brown. Things started fading away and I passed out.

When I came to, my friends were standing over me freaking out. Saying I had a seizure. I sat up and puked, my whole body ached and felt like it'd just been worked out.

No idea what caused it, but one of my friends who was with me that night had the exact same experience a few months down the line.

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Tripping Fits [Re: xile]
    #7581006 - 10/31/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i think this may be connected with ego loss. everything fades into a pure white light and than you pass out. its liike mental death

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Tripping Fits [Re: LedHead]
    #7581139 - 10/31/07 02:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Man, those scenarios sound like a bummer, glad you all come out of it ok though  :smile:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlinetosatori
and beyond
Male

Re: Tripping Fits [Re: andrewss]
    #7583036 - 11/01/07 06:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

pretty sure its no ego loss, it usually happens quite a way after the peak. I think it's just that i'd been pushing my body beyond its capabilities and it can't take anymore. I noticed that the blood seems to stop going to my head, as lying down makes everything better. and although its pretty full on at the time, it's no bummer.. those were some of the best visuals i ever saw... :P

OfflineTurntableJunky
Ethno Grower
Male

Loc: Sydney
    #7583129 - 11/01/07 07:41 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Once I was sitting out the front of a rave on 10 hbwr seeds and my hands and head started shaking for about 2 minutes.

--------------------

OfflinementalIMAGE
21st Century Schizoid Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Tripping Fits [Re: TurntableJunky]
    #7583316 - 11/01/07 09:30 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Nah dude, it's happened to me with cubes before.  For me it was attributed to the fact that I hadn't eaten that day and smoked weed on the way down as well, however it was only that single time.  I had already known what the onset of a blackout feels like, so I was safe.  Managed to remain conscious the whole time too, weird. :cuckoo:

--------------------

We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past.
Ken Kesey

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Tripping Fits [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #7583585 - 11/01/07 10:58 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i tthink this stuff has more to do with ego loss than you guys think.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Offlinejohn706
C12H17N2O4P
 User Gallery
    #7583777 - 11/01/07 11:55 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i think its from smoking weed.

dont underestimate weed. especially at the end of a trip. ive had trips where after basicly fully coming down and smoking weed, im shot right back up to a place thats almost more intense than the trip itself was. i just think the passing out is personal to you. mabey its too intense for you.

--------------------

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Tripping Fits [Re: john706]
    #7583814 - 11/01/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I hope you guys are not serious...

Ego loss? What the fuck? What the hell would that have to do with fainting and/or convulsing...? This is a physiological effect .. not something "in his head." Mushrooms have been known to cause seizures in some individuals... it's really not that uncommon. There are physical effects to mushrooms; they aren't entirely in your mind.

There is most certainly something going on here and unless you really don't mind having seizures I'd take a break for a little while. Also, if you care at all about your general health and well-being, I'd go see a doctor and try to figure out what's going on here. Seizures aren't something you want to just sweep under the rug and pretend it didn't happen. They can be very dangerous.

It's not the weed.

--------------------

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
Re: Tripping Fits [Re: MorphMan]
    #7584089 - 11/01/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

^^MorhpMan hit the nail on the head^^

Edited by opensaysme (11/01/07 01:34 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping Fits [Re: opensaysme]
    #7586568 - 11/02/07 03:50 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i don't like the sounds of the convulsions.
if skipping the weed in your mix does not help
lower the dose of your psych.
convulsions stress your tissues too much.
what is the use of aging over quickly?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: Tripping Fits [Re: andrewss]
    #7586597 - 11/02/07 04:35 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have had a so called "fit" on shrooms before. I was tripping really hard when all of a sudden the visuals got EXTREMELY intense and before I knew it my body was getting really tingly and my vision was becoming darker and darker. I got really worried at this point and tried to stand up, doing this my vision became almost completely black and I could barely stand. I felt myself on the verge of passing out and got myself on the ground and just laid on my back for 20 minutes. It passed and I was ok but it was a really odd experience and a bit overwhelming as it was happening.

--------------------

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
    #7586600 - 11/02/07 04:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:
i tthink this stuff has more to do with ego loss than you guys think.

I agree, I think its truly a panic/anxiety attack from the intensity of ego loss. Sorry for the double post...

--------------------

Invisiblexile
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Tripping Fits [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #7607230 - 11/07/07 02:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It is nothing to do with ego loss. People feel light headed, visions get intensely colored, then fade away in a blackout style. I've experienced both ego loss, and black outs. I've also had a seizure on mushrooms.

Seizure is NOT an ego loss. Having a fit on mushrooms feels like you are having a black out. I was perfectly conscious of everything going on around me, I was in the middle of a sentence with a friend of mine when I just fell over. I still had my body, and I still had my mind.
Quote:

echoes73 said:
I have had a so called "fit" on shrooms before. I was tripping really hard when all of a sudden the visuals got EXTREMELY intense and before I knew it my body was getting really tingly and my vision was becoming darker and darker. I got really worried at this point and tried to stand up, doing this my vision became almost completely black and I could barely stand. I felt myself on the verge of passing out and got myself on the ground and just laid on my back for 20 minutes. It passed and I was ok but it was a really odd experience and a bit overwhelming as it was happening.

Yeah, I've had the same experience sober. It's called getting light headed when you stand up to quickly or something for example. You haven't had a seizure, so no, you haven't had a fit on mushrooms. You just got panicked from your intense trip possibly fighting ego loss, and went from a state of completed relaxed to freight and blood rushed to your head causing you to feel like you were going to faint.

Edited by xile (11/07/07 02:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds