Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboots1
Stranger
Newbie needs help...
    #756304 - 07/18/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am thinking about getting started with growing some shrooms. Anyway, I was looking online at Spore Trading Post, inc. at the Deluxe Mini Shroom kit for 150 bones. Would it be better to buy one of these kits to start out with or just make everything myself? The only thing in the kit I dont know how to make is the temperature controlled grow chamber and the incubator. Does anyone have any plans online to make these? Any info would help. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Newbie needs help... [Re: boots1]
    #756381 - 07/18/02 12:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Kits are a HUGE waist of cash, trust me! For the price of the cheapist kit you can make like 3 mushroom growing operations. NEVER buy a kit unless a gun is at your head!

The growing chamber, known as a terrarium is where the mushrooms acutally grow and is easy to build. The incubator is where the mycelium("roots" of mushrooms) grows in jars. The incubator can be heated many ways, same with the terrarium. Just look at some of the TEKs and read many posts. After doing some research come back and post some more specific questions and im sure someone will help 'ya out!

Good growin,
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

OfflineAddict
addict

Re: Newbie needs help... [Re: boots1]
    #756638 - 07/18/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

NO!
Don't do it! Kits are a waste.

Heres what you do - READ. Start off by reading the whole Shroomery Cultivation FAQ from there start reading some TEKS.

PF TEK first move on to other teks read them good.

Then follow the PF TEK exactly and get all the supplies necessary - terranium verm flour spores incubator ect ect.

Follow the tek exactly, get yourself a nice setup going - if your sucess enjoy it and consider yourself blessed. Start reading more improve your methods, learn some habits and forteys that you prefer. Use them. Develop a procedure.

You'll find yourself getting deep into this hobby, youll start to enjoy it.
Youll find yourself becoming more self sufficient.
Move onto bulk mehtods if you want more yields. Do what you want.

By that point you will spend less then 100 dollars (less then a dumb kit). Youll gain a ton of useful and good knowledge. And youll have yourself a new love.

Trust me on this one.

OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
Re: Newbie needs help... [Re: Addict]
    #757256 - 07/18/02 06:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

STP is a rip off!!! I cant wait till they put up a forum on thier site....

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies