Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMichiganPsiloX
Dude
Male
Loc: Michigan
pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smithii/
    #6809647 - 04/19/07 05:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

This thread is for the discussion of panaeolus subbalteatus, psilocybe caerulipes, psilocybe oviodeocystidiata, gymnopilus spectabilis, conocybe smithii watling, and psilocybe liniformans var. americana. DO NOT POST MATERIAL THAT VIOLATES THE RULES OF SHROOMERY'S FORUMS. I WOULD LIKE TO GATHER INFO, HUNTING TIPS AND TESTIMONIES, AND PICTURES FROM YOUR HUNTING TRIPS AS WELL. Thank you and I'm sure if this forum is successful, it will be beneficial to those that live in the areas where these species flourish.

--------------------
"There are things known and things unknown; and between them are doors," -Jim Morrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smithii/ [Re: MichiganPsiloX]
    #7284391 - 08/11/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

one acount of finding a single pan subb, and found several nonactive gyms.

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: trigger]
    #7533108 - 10/18/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

just to set the record again,,,,, i found active gymnopolis spectabilis in two locations and conocybe smithii in upper and mid-wisconsin. The gyms certainly contain psilo's cuz they bruise a slow coming green then blue all over the fruit body. Some in another patch are more orangeish red, and only the small deformed piners will bruise a bright blue green when picked. But all are active if you eat 8+ gr dried. As for conocybe smithii, it was found around forest county in cemetaary grass with moss underneath. I have been there twice this yr with a digi camera but it was incredibly dry and bare all yr up there. But they too are awesome , i ate 175 fresh petite specimens last year in august, and had a two hour visual trip like no other. Wi has these two actives for sure, lets start looking for more brothers

--------------------
http://

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: sporeRider]
    #7567452 - 10/27/07 05:55 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

[image]http://url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-41/066820320-012_12.jpg][/image][image]http://[/image][image]http://[/image]
heres a couple pics of the active gyms from south east wisconsin. And a pic of the conocybe smithii that is really active, found up north in wisconsin in mossy grass at a cemetary in late august.

--------------------
http://

InvisibleBoomers420
Young Hand
 User Gallery

Loc: 710 Ashbury, SF, CA
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: sporeRider]
    #7567766 - 10/27/07 07:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I usually, no wait, always find my ps. ovoideocystiadiata is man made wood chips. They same kind of habitat as cyans. I've only found them in the spring of the year though.

As you can see they grow in quite large patches sometimes.

here's a habitat pic

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: Boomers420]
    #7568531 - 10/28/07 01:09 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The rains been producing things like this.

SUBBS>>

and we're burning down too at the same time...

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #7568816 - 10/28/07 05:10 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Awww, I really miss SoCal subbs.  :frown:

I learned to hunt, hunting those guys!

--------------------

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: Boomers420]
    #7569228 - 10/28/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Those ovoideocystidiata are neat. Don't see too many pics of those around here. You didn't find them in hawaii did you? I'm going to kauai in december, so I was just curious. I'm gonna research those beauties right now!

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: landsnorkler]
    #7569239 - 10/28/07 09:35 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Boomers420
nice finds i think that was shroomery Dan territory
ovoideocystidiata is and amazing species a Strong producer i see .
the subb in USA are magnificent,

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

OfflineSlyy
Tripper
Male

Loc: Waytoofar, CA
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: cactu]
    #7569503 - 10/28/07 01:02 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I've been lucky to find something from the Pann family, im pretty sure its subbs, but in this game there is no 100%

so im running the spore prints and hoping they turn out jet black

I've got all the other properties, the dark rings on the smooth tan-ish white cap, the lines that twist up the stem
all though my stems are dark brown (is that common?)
brown gills that are fading black

Im not asking for an id, i'm just putting it out there

Oh and i found a patch of Shaggy Mane just chillin' under the so cal sun

=D

OfflineSlyy
Tripper
Male

Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: CureCat]
    #7569584 - 10/28/07 01:31 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
Awww, I really miss SoCal subbs.  :frown:

I learned to hunt, hunting those guys!

=D exactly where i am at right now

My 3rd day hunting ever and i found them!(i think, of corse im still going through the ID steps)

Is there any Deadly Pann look-a-likes?
or anything from the pann family that is dangerous?

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: Slyy]
    #7569890 - 10/28/07 02:52 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You should take some photos and post an ID request.

No species of Panaeolus are poisonous.

--------------------

OfflineSlyy
Tripper
Male

Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: CureCat]
    #7569904 - 10/28/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Im workin on gettin a camera.

=]
I love Hunting

InvisibleBoomers420
Young Hand
 User Gallery

Loc: 710 Ashbury, SF, CA
Re: pan. subbs./blue foots/p. liniformans var americana/P. ovoideocystidiata/gymno's./conocybe smith [Re: Slyy]
    #7570049 - 10/28/07 03:48 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The ovoids were found in Cincinnati, oh. I travel a lot so I am lucky to find many diff species of psilocybe. The only mush i find in hawaii are copes.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
    #7570639 - 10/28/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

heres a few beauties: big laughing gym, con. smithii, and gym. luteus

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder