Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Police raid shuts down PCP lab, drug ring
    #7567226 - 10/27/07 06:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.sacbee.com/crime/story/456695.html

Law enforcement agencies have shut down one of the largest PCP-producing operations found in Northern California in recent years in a rural area outside Elk Grove.

The lab in the 3200 block of Point Pleasant Road, about four miles south of the Elk Grove city limits, was seized last week, according to Bakersfield Police Sgt. Greg Terry.

The bust was the result of a 2 1/2-month investigation by Bakersfield police and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's Bakersfield office.

A lab in San Jose and residences in Bakersfield and Modesto also were searched last week in relation to the case. A total of 4.5 pounds of PCP, with an estimated street value of $400,000, and $9,000 in cash were recovered, police said.

The labs outside Elk Grove and in San Jose were part of a large-scale operation, Gordon Taylor, special agent in charge of the DEA office in Sacramento, said Wednesday.

Suppliers operated in San Jose and Modesto, while the PCP was distributed in Bakersfield and elsewhere, he said.

"We're hopeful this is going to have an impact on the availability of PCP, not only in Bakersfield but in other areas throughout the state," Taylor said. His office oversees drug enforcement operations between Bakersfield and the Oregon border.

Two men, called major players by Taylor, were arrested in last week's operation. Paul Hernandez, 51, of Modesto and Manual Ureta, 45, of San Jose were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy, transportation of PCP, manufacturing PCP, and possession of PCP for sale, Terry said. Taylor said Ureta is the co-owner of the property on Point Pleasant Road.

He said the lab outside Elk Grove was one of the largest PCP-producing labs found in Northern California in at least five years. It was capable of producing between 10 and 15 pounds of PCP, with a street value of $1 million, every two days.

The lab was operated out of a detached garage on the 1- to 2- acre rural property. A mobile home and two sheds also were on the property, Taylor said.

PCP labs are extremely dangerous because one of the ingredients used in manufacturing the drug is ether, which is highly flammable and volatile, he said.

PCP, or phencyclidine, also is known on the streets as angel dust or killer joint. The PCP in this operation was a powdered form sprinkled in parsley cigarettes so it could be smoked, he said. People under the influence of PCP can often become extremely violent and experience feelings of paranoia, Taylor said.

Other agencies that assisted in the operation included the San Jose Police Department, the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office and the San Jose and Sacramento offices of the DEA.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Police raid shuts down PCP lab, drug ring [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7567265 - 10/27/07 06:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I know alot of little kiddies who won't be getting their trick or treat this year... sad :-(

OfflineSpiritual Seeker
Nothing Matters
Male

Loc: UK
Re: Police raid shuts down PCP lab, drug ring [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7567271 - 10/27/07 06:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I always enjoy a good read on PCP.

Fasinating drug. If I ever get my sanity back I just might have to try it.

--------------------
"Nothing in the world is a gift. Whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way."
-Don juan

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: Police raid shuts down PCP lab, drug ring [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #7567508 - 10/27/07 08:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

" It was capable of producing between 10 and 15 pounds of PCP, with a street value of $1 million, every two days."

Thats a lot of PCP for just two days of work. Id imagine youd have the United States annual supply in less than a week.

So anyones cat or dog tried PCP, I hear it makes you nearly immortal,and wild, I passed up my only oppurtunity to try this sinister chemical.

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: Police raid shuts down PCP lab, drug ring [Re: downlowfunk]
    #7568151 - 10/28/07 12:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

downlowfunk said:
So anyones cat or dog tried PCP, I hear it makes you nearly immortal,and wild, I passed up my only oppurtunity to try this sinister chemical.

Lots of myths circulate around PCP..
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/050325.html

Poh Huai Bin wrote about his experience with PCP. It was negative but detailed, but I don't know if it's archived somewhere, because his site (SixthSeal) is gone.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: Police raid shuts down PCP lab, drug ring [Re: Quake3]
    #7568337 - 10/28/07 01:34 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i wish i knew how to make it lol

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service