Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocin Dreams
PerpetuallyContaminated

A question about bulk growing
    #7563947 - 10/26/07 04:55 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I have been doing cakes for a little while now and I want to start using those big pans because they seem to produce more. What would be the easiest method? Would it be possible to colonize like 5 or 6 cakes and then crumble them up and mix it with more brf/verm to create a pan that would basically be just one big cake? I don't want to get into the poop and straw and all that just yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNickio
Authority
Male User Gallery

Re: A question about bulk growing [Re: Psilocin Dreams]
    #7563968 - 10/26/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

My suggestion to you would to do a monotub with coco coir. Check out monstermitch's tek on monotubs: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6194327

I did it with straght coir and didnt put a casing layer on it and did fantastic. I did however fan/mist during fruiting since I didnt have a casing on it though. Yield was about 3 oz

--------------------

OfflineCrazyEarl
Meat Popsicle
Male

Loc: WHAT?!
Re: A question about bulk growing [Re: Psilocin Dreams]
    #7564009 - 10/26/07 05:10 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

the problem with verm and brf used in a bulk grow is the brf has endospores (spelling?) that pasteurization wont kill and contaminate..thats why it has to be sterilized in the first place..if you sterilize the verm/brf you risk cross contamination when spawning..

instead try rye grain..you can inoculate it and case it to fruit when its ready...wbs with some coir would work well also for small scale "bulk" growing and wouldn't be nearly as costly as verm/brf

--------------------

OfflineJazzCatCF
Teo-nanacatl
Male

Loc: here today gone tommorow
Re: A question about bulk growing [Re: CrazyEarl]
    #7564025 - 10/26/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

If using rye grain you would definatley need a pc.Also get rr video it will make things alot easier

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there it is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."

The Mazatec Wise Woman, Maria Sabina (1894-1985)

OfflineCrazyEarl
Meat Popsicle
Male

Loc: WHAT?!
Re: A question about bulk growing [Re: JazzCatCF]
    #7564057 - 10/26/07 05:21 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JazzCatCF said:
If using rye grain you would definatley need a pc.Also get rr video it will make things alot easier

ive seen bits and pieces of it. and its a great video..he covers and explains
growing in a way thats understandable to the avg person and not all "science geek talk"...when he uses technical terms he tends to explain them as well

and jazz is right again you will be needing a pc for any type of bulk growing...its about investing time v money...go with the money..your life will thank you

--------------------

OfflinePsilocin Dreams
PerpetuallyContaminated

Re: A question about bulk growing [Re: CrazyEarl]
    #7564366 - 10/26/07 06:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I have a PC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds