Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAsanteA
shroomery admin team
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Share your personal Cosmology!
    #7545938 - 10/22/07 09:43 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

How do you believe the Universe to work? Where does it come from, where does it go, and what's our place in it?

I invite you to venture beyond the boundaries of contemporary science into the realm of possibilities.

What, in your view, is the Big Picture?

--------------------
YE OLDE CLICK-O-RAMA FEST :fairy: ASANTE'S PREPAREDNESS 101
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLION    SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  TREES
OMNICALCULATOR :mushroom: CULTIVATE!! :mushroom: DISCORD :mushroom: REDDIT :mushroom: FACEBOOK

please help the teachings of  The Omnicyclion  reach a wider audience
thank you for volunteering your efforts towards this mind (r)evolution

PAXG: 0x52e54ca2780894ea3f839ca0904be2c319c813e9 what's paxg?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAsanteA
shroomery admin team
Male User Gallery

Re: Share your personal Cosmology! [Re: Asante]
    #7545940 - 10/22/07 09:44 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here's a birds eye view of mine:

I believe that there is an endless nothingness, and that within this nothingness "particles" of a kind we do not know yet are flying around and bumping into each other. This is the Void.

Where a couple of these collide they form a higher form of energy, which eventually gets pulled apart again into its components.

In this sea of emptiness and "particles" no energy can ever be lost. The components join, stick together for a while and then disband again.

If an incomprehensible number of particles end up in close enough proximity there is a tremendous explosion, a Big Bang, and this will form a material universe, such as ours.

This universe too will be torn apart until eventually nothing remains but the Void. Structures assemble and dissolve, this is the nature of all things.

Because the Void is infinitely large, at humongous distances it is filled with material Universes in all stages of formation and decomposition, like a neverending fireworks show of Big Bangs.

I also believe that the number of ways the "particles" can fit together is limited. Consider the "particles" to be bricks of LEGO, infinitely joining to form all sorts of "projects" of finite composition. If you can only get one tub of LEGO into one room, there's only so many things you can build.

Because there is a limited number of forms that can be created, and because creation and destruction are an endless cycle, everything that can be created will be created into infinity, and in fact at any time it is present in an infinite number of locations.

This goes for material universes, this goes for planet earth and this goes for the essence of you.

Somewhere in your structure is a thing that makes you, well, you. It's not your experiences, your thoughts, your body, your senses, none of that. It is a small part of your organism and all it does is be you.

The You is a combination of factors that occurs in certain lifeforms. (you'd probably need a brain, for one) It may be hardware or software or a bit of both, but the bottom line is that it's a structure of limited complexity.

Given all the above, there can only be one conclusion: The essence of You shall reincarnate in all its possible guises, forever. You will have every possible body and every possible mind in every possible location in every possible way. This succession of lives is a cycle too, and it will last forever.

So there you have it: The Universe is infinite yet it is limited, and you will reincarnate in every possible way forever. When you move away from something you are moving towards it.
Enjoy the ride!

--------------------

OMNICALCULATOR :mushroom: CULTIVATE!! :mushroom: DISCORD :mushroom: REDDIT :mushroom: FACEBOOK

OfflineAsanteA
shroomery admin team
Male User Gallery

#7554446 - 10/24/07 12:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What, nobody?

--------------------

Invisiblemaggotz

#7555048 - 10/24/07 03:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i still have not come to a conclusion. :shrug:

where it all began and where/if it will end? i've spent a lot of time pondering...

InvisibleDieCommie

#7557442 - 10/25/07 12:52 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
What, nobody?

Personal Cosmology? Sounds like P&S to me.

InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
Re: Share your personal Cosmology! [Re: maggotz]
    #7557846 - 10/25/07 04:23 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Neither have I.

I dont really ponder these sorts of things often either.

When a new idea strikes me, or when im presented with some sort of fact or theory about the nature of the universe I usually try and seek out information that supports such claims/ideas. Theres something very satisfying with knowing the truth. For me, asking questions that just cannot hope to be answered dont really stimulate me in any way. And as bad as it sounds, thinking about the existence of god or the beginning of time are just as much a waste of time as watching tv, I think.

These sorts of thoughts are pretty common in my mushroom trips though. Maybe Ive just started forcing myself not to think about this stuff in my sober state, I dont know if its necessary for me to fix this :ohwell:

Maybe an ego death will change stuff down the road...

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Share your personal Cosmology! [Re: Acyl]
    #7558134 - 10/25/07 08:54 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:crankey: i like to watch tv.

but i know what you mean, i do however, spend time thinking about stuff like this. trying to wrap my head around things such as what exactly was there  before the universe? how can there have been nothing and then, out of the blue, there was everything? is time travel possible? :crazy2:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Share your personal Cosmology! [Re: DieCommie]
    #7558835 - 10/25/07 01:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
What, nobody?

Personal Cosmology? Sounds like P&S to me.

100% Agreed.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineAsanteA
shroomery admin team
Male User Gallery

Re: Share your personal Cosmology! [Re: DieCommie]
    #7559519 - 10/25/07 04:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'd like to get the opinion of a scientific-minded crowd, I think answers to what makes the Universe tick are more likely found among scientists than among philosophers.

--------------------

Invisiblemaggotz

#7560090 - 10/25/07 07:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

what are your opinions on time travel?

InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
    #7560581 - 10/25/07 10:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Have you read any of Stephen Hawkings work? Mainly 'A brief history of time'? Its a good read, check it out.

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Share your personal Cosmology! [Re: Acyl]
    #7560592 - 10/25/07 10:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

do you have it as pdf?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #7561329 - 10/26/07 01:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Share your personal Cosmology! [Re: johnm214]
    #7561835 - 10/26/07 06:39 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:awesome:

OfflineAsanteA
shroomery admin team
Male User Gallery

#7562471 - 10/26/07 12:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

what are your opinions on time travel?

If you see the cosmos as I see it (second post) you might as well conclude that the physical universe is entirely static, and that we are not moving through a thing called "time" but that we all the time hop from one static "frame" to the next, like frames in a movie.

This is travel at infinite speed from one static material universe to the next, hops that can span distances of trillions upon trillions of lightyears each, and this a mind-boggling number of times per second, each second, to create the illusion of the physical universe actually moving.

If you believe in freedom of choice (which I don't) then the pathway you take is NOT fixed, you can hop from A to B or C.

If this is the case, and we can get our finger behind how this hopping occurs and manipulate it, we can travel forwards and backwards in time, because its really travelling in alternate destinations. You can  "time travel" or "distance travel" (which is the same thing) at infinite velocity because if this is the mechanism behind time, all laws of physics in that respect become negotiable.

You can be anywhere at any point in "time" and there can be multiple instances of you there. Every single miracle of the bible and other mysticism becomes a possibility. If you curve the timeline from where Lazerus lies dead in his tomb to an alternate universe where he's just in a coma, you can bring Lazerus back from the dead.

Since humans hop from A to B without need for scientific apparatus, and we might have a possibility that we can choose our destination, we might be able to hop from A to very unusual places. In such a universe a miracle worker like Jesus could be a person able to alter the paths, and take himself and his followers on a miraculous trip trough the universe where water turns to wine and so forth, just to show them the power of the mind. His repeated message that all humans can perform these miracles then may well be a very practical and scientifically sound message, one that has been mystified by those who didn't understand it.

Wouldn't that be awesome :awesome:

But I believe that the path is fixed, that you go from A to B to C without being able to change your destination. We are being taken for a ride that will never end, which will lead to every destination in every possible sequence. Nothing can take your immortality or your ability to re-experience everything away from you.

And that's pretty damn awesome too, if not more so :awesome:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order