Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid?
    #7558286 - 10/25/07 08:13 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Did you torture bugs as a kid? Do ghastly things to the local insect population? Did it go beyond bugs? How do you feel about it now?

Did you torture bugs as a kid?
You may choose only one
Did you torture/kill animals beyond insects?
You may choose only one
When did you stop doing this?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (10/25/07 08:13 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Asante]
    #7558295 - 10/25/07 08:16 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

They say those who torture animals as kids are likely to grow up abusing women.

I actually kinda sorta was mean to a frog once when I was 13. My buddy pitched one to me like a softball and I smacked it with a shoved like a baseball bat. It splattered all over the side of the house.

It was funny at the time and we laughed our asses off... actually the thought of it still kind of sparks a little chuckle.. but mostly guilt.

All I can say in my defense is that it probably died instantly... so technically it wasn't tortued. And it was just a one time thing that was partially a stupid idea we got from Beavis and Butthead.

I don't know if you can even torture a bug. Do bugs feel pain? Or any kind of negative feeling when u rip thier legs off?

Edited by BrAiN (10/25/07 08:23 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7558308 - 10/25/07 08:25 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

As a young kid I occasionally hurt & killed insects. At one time, I was nine or so, I thought it was fun to chase our bird through the house with a water pistol. The poor birdy got a heart attack or something and died with me holding it :sad:

I know it is what many kids do but I really feel shitty about it. Kids can be monsters and I was no exception. It sometimes gets smacked on my plate during mushroom trips, and there's a ton of guilt involved. There's no atonement for it, if there is such a thing as a Judging in the afterlife I'm sure it'll be brought up, its one of the very few rotten things I did in my life.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: BrAiN]
    #7558309 - 10/25/07 08:25 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yea.. I guess I also did fry an ant with a magnifying glass once when I was 7.. if that counts. It was more of a science experiment than to have any desire to see an any fry.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7558310 - 10/25/07 08:25 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

you are doing a lot of these polls and seemingly random topics these days, WS. working on some project or something?

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7558321 - 10/25/07 08:28 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
As a young kid I occasionally hurt & killed insects. At one time, I was nine or so, I thought it was fun to chase our bird through the house with a water pistol. The poor birdy got a heart attack or something and died with me holding it :sad:

I know it is what many kids do but I really feel shitty about it. Kids can be monsters and I was no exception. It sometimes gets smacked on my plate during mushroom trips, and there's a ton of guilt involved. There's no atonement for it, if there is such a thing as a Judging in the afterlife I'm sure it'll be brought up, its one of the very few rotten things I did in my life.

Don't feel too guilty. I wouldn't consider chasing a bird with a water gun TORTURE even if it DID die. I don't really think it's torture unless you're intentionally aware that the animal is being caused pain and this is what gets you off. I mean I occasionally would chase my cats with a water gun. That's not so much torture as it is just teasing them. They annoy the shit out of me on purpose sometimes.. so sometimes I like to return the favor :wink:

As a kid, I can see how you would think chasing a bird wouldn't be any harm either.

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #7558338 - 10/25/07 08:34 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Wow
nice thred
whos crazy,whos not
I can honestly say the only creature I remember killing was a couple frogs when I was young
Some friends and I would smash them with bricks ..Ahh the horror

At one time when I was about 13-14 I was fascinated with injecting things into crickets and worms
I had a syringe and all kinds of household items ..

kids will be kids..I guess :tongue2:

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7558342 - 10/25/07 08:35 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

you are doing a lot of these polls and seemingly random topics these days, WS. working on some project or something?

I'm always doing a project :smirk: I'm on a continuous quest to learn and this often inspires me to do these polls, especially if I feel they can be interesting things to know for others.

If a poll generates an interesting statistic, preferably one you didn't expect and one that gets you thinking, then mission accomplished.

Polls are an excellent way to get quick facts, especially on things people might not want to post about with their name next to it.

As a rule of thumb, there's always something behind it when I make a poll, and that usually is me trying to get a better understanding about shroomerites and people in general.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #7558344 - 10/25/07 08:38 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I burned and crushed ants, but that's about it. And mosquitoes of course.

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7558371 - 10/25/07 08:46 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not going to lie, I've torched a few insects in my time, but I've never intentionally hurt an animal/fish. Well hunting and fishing aside, I've tried to be as humane as possible.

My cousin used to do all sorts of shit to frogs and small animals when he was younger. It disgusted me how he could stomp on a frog or mouse and then laugh about how cool it was.

He's now in the Army stationed in Iraq. I guess that's a good place for someone who has the urge to kill.

I remember him telling me about 2 years ago that him and a bunch of army buddies got piss drunk one night and slit a dogs throat and threw it on a fire. I couldn't talk to him for nearly 3 years because I was so disgusted at what he did and openly bragged about. :sad:

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#7558372 - 10/25/07 08:46 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

When bugs used to enter my room when I was younger, I would punish them for trespassing by wrapping them up in a little tape prison then throwing them in the trash.  I would tape them so they couldn't move at all.  Sometimes I'd burn them a little if I had to really make a strong example to the other bugs not to intrude into my room.

::shame::  :undecided:

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7558374 - 10/25/07 08:46 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I used to yes, and I was also mean to cats (I had a troubled childhood).

Now though, I won't go out of my way to harm even the most miniscule insect. If I see one crawling around near me, I just let them do their thing. Some of my friends will just smash them without a second thought. It may not mean much, but I try to integrate myself with my environment as much as possible.

huehuecoyotl has a good quote in his sig that I like to relate to my last paragraph:

"I've told you already that to be inaccessible does not mean to hide or to be secretive," he said calmly. "It doesn't mean that you cannot deal with people either. A hunter uses his world sparingly and with tenderness, regardless of whether the world might be things, or plants, or animals, or people, or power. A hunter deals intimately with his world, and yet he is inaccessible to that same world."

"That's a contradiction," I said. "He cannot be inaccessible if he is there in his world, hour after hour, day after day."

"You did not understand," don Juan said patiently. "He is inaccessible because he's not squeezing his world out of shape. He taps it lightly, stays for as long as he needs to, and then swiftly moves away leaving hardly a mark." --Carlos Castaneda

Edited by Kinematics (10/25/07 08:48 AM)

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7558419 - 10/25/07 09:00 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I murdered a crayfish with Raid foam when I was little. It was horrible and I felt tremendous remorse.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #7558433 - 10/25/07 09:08 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
I remember him telling me about 2 years ago that him and a bunch of army buddies got piss drunk one night and slit a dogs throat and threw it on a fire.

Does he beat his wife too? If he even has one?

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
    #7558450 - 10/25/07 09:16 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i was a little bastard to some asshole cats we had when i was a kid, but they started it by clawing and scratching me, i still to this day kill every spider i see

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7558459 - 10/25/07 09:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I once knew a kid who shot an arrow thru a cat and it lived
then he killed it with a knife ..supposedly
I bet that guy grew up to be a real winner

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: RandomHero]
    #7558476 - 10/25/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i've heard that on some parts of the town there are kids that live in the slums and entertain themselves by skinning a cat.

the trees used to have dried cat skins on them, like flags waving in the wind.

they did it by catching a cat, hung it by its tail to a tree branch, cut an X to it's forehead with a linoleum knife, put vinegar or something into the cat's asshole and as the cat tried to get away it struggled downwards, thus falling out of its own skin. the cat's supposed to run a few meters before it drops dead from teh shock.

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#7558496 - 10/25/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
I remember him telling me about 2 years ago that him and a bunch of army buddies got piss drunk one night and slit a dogs throat and threw it on a fire.

Does he beat his wife too? If he even has one?

He's not married. I seriously doubt he'd get in a physical altercation with someone close to him. He's always had respect towards people. I'm sure Iraq might have changed him though. :frown:

I remember during Christmas when I was 8 (he's 6months older than me), he put my grandparents poodle in an empty trash can because it wouldn't stop barking at him.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinepsychophobia
reality shiftspace shipcommander
Male

Loc: Germany, Bavaria
    #7558511 - 10/25/07 09:44 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I used to kill flies when they were getting on my nerves. Later I have
made some experiments with them. Those are the only animals I can kill
without bad conscience :laugh: I am very friendly :laugh:

--------------------
"Please would you tell me," said Alice, a little timidly, for she was not quite sure whether it was good manners for her to speak first, "why your cat grins like that?"
    "It’s a Cheshire-Cat," said the Duchess, "and that’s why. [...]"

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Potland, OR
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: RandomHero]
    #7558529 - 10/25/07 09:50 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I used to be more cruel than now, I am always trying to be less so.

When I was a child I used to torture my GI Joes - burning them, spraying them with spray-paint "blood", exchanging their bodyparts with other figures, and "water boarding" them. I also used to sing "Dead Ant, Dead Ant" to the tune of "The Pink Panther" as I stomped on ants near a hill while camping. I have kicked a dog or two in my life. Never did any physical damage, but I am far from proud of it now.

My old boss used spray-propellant fire to destroy a hornet's nest in the dumpster area of an old job and I assisted him. I do not recommend it for many reasons.

Every couple years we get a huge ant infestation in the apartment. I generally use bleach to take care of the hundreds of ants that swarm our kitchen. The bleach works just as good as RAID, as well as kills their scent trails and helps you remove any food source that might be left for them. This used to bother me immensely (taking 500-1000 lives in one day), but I honestly cannot find another more humane way to remove them. Nor can I tolerate them being there.

So I guess I'm still cruel, but I don't find any pleasure in the activity. Usually I'm just relieved when the war is over.

--------------------
All posts were channeled through the user by typing the thoughts of telepathic beings.  All photos are of paranormal origin and do not represent the physical world, as we know it.  BrandNoob shall not be held accountable for the actions of deceased or hyperdimensional individuals.

Offlinerazmablues
Biologist
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: OrangeCounty
    #7558530 - 10/25/07 09:50 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

my polysci teacher was telling me about a neighbor he had who would perform surgical procedures on squirrels... oh so gently removing their tails, and then letting them out...

poor things couldn't balance anymore :shrug: that's evil

--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
    #7558555 - 10/25/07 10:00 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I once peed into antnest if that counts. Then I was involved in killing a frog with airgun. I remember it took about 5+ bullets to kill the little thing, but I don't remember if I took any shots or not. I felt quite uncomfortably.
Though in the early years of puberty when I was mostly hanging out with totally wrong people and being wasted I once beated up and hurt badly two homeless old men for no reason. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick about myself.
Fuck me! :crankey:

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: psychophobia]
    #7558580 - 10/25/07 10:07 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I used to burn ants with a magnifier and salt slugs all the time when I was little. I'm pretty sure I killed a few squirrels and birds with my bb gun to.

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #7558592 - 10/25/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I once threw some ants into a cup of hydrogen peroxide, to see what it would do (not much but foam).

Another time I poured some muriatic acid right on top of a huge ant nest...wow you should have seen all the fumes!!! Suffice it to say that there wasn't any ant nest there anymore. Or grass, for a while :smirk:

We also used to catch praying mantises and put them in a big container with a cricket or something...but then it was the mantis that got them, not I :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: trendal]
    #7558599 - 10/25/07 10:14 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I used to burn ants with a magnifier

We tried that...but it got boring real quick. We moved on to the big one-foot-sqaure magnifying glass from the overhead projector. Could set actual fires with that one :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: trendal]
    #7558697 - 10/25/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i used to torture insects all the time. never ever any animals though.

when i was about 5 or 6 living in colorado, i would catch grasshoppers/locusts, holding them by their legs and dangle them into reach of fierce red ants. once a couple red ants climbed aboard, i would let go. often times the grasshopper would be able to get away easily the first time, so i'd catch it and put it there again. if it got away the second time, i deemed it worthy to live. watching it get swarmed by ants was pretty cool though. like watching an epic struggle of insect might.

then when i was 8-10 living in pennsylvania, i would catch grasshoppers/locusts and throw them into the webs of a specific type of spider that cropped up all around the outside of my house. the webs were really thick and horizontal, and led to a funnel in which the spider would lie in wait. then, once something was adequately ensnared, it would shoot out and attack it.

when i was about 12-13 living in NC, there was large black ant nest living under a flat rock that was used for a walkway. i'd go out there with a burning candle, flip over the rock, and wax the fuck out of ants. in my mind, it was like a movie and the candle wax was like this super destructive weapon of an alien race, and the ants were all running for their lives. it was always really interesting to see the different ways they'd be captured. some would have just one or two feet caught, some would have just their feelers caught, some just their heads, some completely entombed in wax. i did this a lot.

when i was like 14-15, i wouldgo around my house with a rag, and snap at flies. i got really good at it to the point that quite often i could snap them out of mid-air. when i caught and disabled a fly, i would use elmer's glue to glue it to a piece of paper with all the other capture and kills. there were about 50 flies on that paper.

--------------------

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #7558744 - 10/25/07 11:08 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I tourtured insects, burning ant piles with gas and a match, flooding them with the hose, ect. I have hurt my fair share of lizzards and frogs tho. Always amazed me how much they could take and still be alive. I would kill them quickly though when it got too nasty.

Chased the cat around the house a few times when i was a kid. One day I traped it in a cornner, and he sat there hissing and growling, and i slowly walked up to him, and he bolted, when i looked back at where he was, there was a big fresh steamer. I litteraly scared the shit out of him, never did it again after that.

I knoew one fucked up kid in middle school, told me a few tails, he lit a cats tail on fire and watched it turn into a fireball, and another time he tricked a cat into a dryer, and turned it on full blast for a few min, broke about every bone in its body. Never did like that kid...

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #7558760 - 10/25/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

that kid is fucking sick. i can't decide whether he needs to be beat within an inch of his life, or sent to a mental institution.

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7558792 - 10/25/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I heard somewhere recently that empathy is an emotion that is not grasped by human beings until the age of about 8 or 9.

Kids will be kids.

--------------------

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: CherryBom]
    #7558802 - 10/25/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

the guy was in middle school. that's like 11-13.

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #7558811 - 10/25/07 11:24 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
I heard somewhere recently that empathy is an emotion that is not grasped by human beings until the age of about 8 or 9.

Kids will be kids.

Bom Bom Bom

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #7558828 - 10/25/07 11:27 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Yea he was a really twisted individual, always talked of guns and killing, very aggresive, and had a sick or distastefull remark for everything. I have no idea where he is now but i have a good guess.

And yea i knew him in 7-8 grade, and he was a bit older so about 12-14 range.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7558861 - 10/25/07 11:35 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Doesn't quite sound right... I sure felt bad for that crayfish :sad:

I remember learning in psych class that even toddlers exhibit empathy. 

From Wiki:

By the age of 2, children normally begin to display the fundamental behaviors of empathy by having an emotional response that corresponds with another person. Even earlier, at one year of age, infants have some rudiments of empathy, in the sense that they grasp the intentions of other people. Sometimes, toddlers will comfort others or show concern for them as early as 24 months of age.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #7558887 - 10/25/07 11:40 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I tortured some insects as a kid. Not because it gave me satisfaction but more in a mad-scientist kind of way.

I once killed a couple of birds with my bb gun. I felt bad about it afterwards though.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#7558891 - 10/25/07 11:42 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I went out of my way to kill bugs and throw shit and animals, and I may have been indirectly responsible for the putting down of my cat

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #7558914 - 10/25/07 11:45 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

always talked of guns and killing, very aggresive, and had a sick or distastefull remark for everything.

If he didn't outgrow that it's not somebody to be around.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7558915 - 10/25/07 11:45 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hyper_Panda_GO said:
I went out of my way to throw shit and animals

heh... shit and animals.

the worst thing i can think of that i've ever done to an animal was when i had these hamsters. mother fuckers kept on fucking. and i knew we didn't need anymore... so whenever i saw them fucking, i'd reach in there, grab the male, and throw him at the couch. not like hard, and the couch was really poofy and soft. so i know he wasn't hurt. but he would squeak when he landed and look around all crazy like.

could you imagine going at it, gettin your sex on, then all of a sudden you're flying through the air. heh..

--------------------

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#7558920 - 10/25/07 11:46 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Odd, I meant to say at

Oh shit, I've ALWAYS wanted to kick a hamster ball while a hamster is in it

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO] * 1
    #12257155 - 03/23/10 05:48 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I caught a frog for someone that diced it up with a dull kitchen knife ontop a rock at age 6. Felt pretty shitty..

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: hightimesreader]
    #12257184 - 03/23/10 05:51 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I once dissected lizards out in the Florida 'glades.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineThatDude
Mind Melter
Male

Loc: Russia
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12257258 - 03/23/10 06:06 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

i think the second part needs to allow more than one choice

although I've never killed some ones pet i have offed the other three

firecrackers and toads used to been a good past time
and multiple birds/squirrels with pellet guns

OfflineShamanintraining
Junkhead
Male

Loc: Rough Raleigh Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: ThatDude]
    #12257288 - 03/23/10 06:12 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I'll wipe out a ant hill with chemicals if I have to but I feel no remorse nor pleasure.  I've never killed any real animals.

--------------------

"Leave your mind alone and just get high"

Edited by Shamanintraining (03/23/10 06:12 PM)

OfflineThatDude
Mind Melter
Male

#12257302 - 03/23/10 06:15 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Oh and of course the bugs and magnifying glass...

plus one time be and some buddies bought some 25cent gold fish, put em in a bucket and obliterated them with BB guns, one was lucky enough to get the microwave treatment....his poor brain popped

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#12257308 - 03/23/10 06:15 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

wow you are one fucked up individual

--------------------

OfflineThatDude
Mind Melter
Male

#12257387 - 03/23/10 06:26 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

:shrug:

OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #12257572 - 03/23/10 06:55 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

one time i was an asian lady and i stomped a kittys face in with my high heels.  i put it on video on the interwebs, you might have seen it.

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

OfflineHajnal
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New Eden
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: ThatDude] * 1
    #12257575 - 03/23/10 06:55 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

The only time I ever did anything along these lines was when I was visiting my cousin out in Cali, I shot a small lizard from a distance with a BB gun for the sake of being able to say that I had accuracy.  Well when I walked over to see what damage I had done.. on the outside I was like shit, I nailed that fucker, but on the inside I was like what the hell did I just do... I felt so bad for it. It was just trying to live.. :frown: I hate human nature sometimes. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I think I'm insane.. oh wait, I realized that a long time ago. Insanity is beautiful if used in moderation. I HEAVILY stress moderation btw.

--------------------
Hajnal ['hɒjnɒl] - An elegant mixture of blood and circuitry; sorrow and love fill your systems, like the stars and black holes encompass the ∞.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #12257652 - 03/23/10 07:12 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

When I was between 12-15 I use to kill any animal I could in the woods that I came across and could pull it off. I seriously thought that the world as we know it was going to end and we would have to survive by hunting for some reason. I wanted to be in good practice so my friends and I would practice with slings, throwing knifes, spears, bows, air rifles, blowguns etc...

I'm not going to go into detail but we were kind of good at it so we killed more than a few wild animals. We skinned and ate some, but more than a few times things like snakes or annoying squirrels would just be left. When we would go camping in the woods we would go all Lord of the Fly's and shit. We had tree houses and swing ropes and catwalks all over the deepest part of the woods. It was our play ground and it was our home to an extent. We would spend every summer there building bigger tree houses, camping, 4wheeling and just being free of our parents.

I'm not really sure how I feel about killing all those animals back then. I wouldn't kill anything now except a squirrel that digs in my garden all the time.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Kada]
    #12257818 - 03/23/10 07:37 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Interesting topic, though old. I used to torture and kill lady bugs for fun as a kid. Killed them in brutal ways, too- dousing them in poisons, setting them on fire, cutting them apart, etc.

I don't do it anymore.

Edited by NetDiver (03/23/10 07:38 PM)

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #12257829 - 03/23/10 07:37 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I used to fill up a jar with water, and then collect all the bugs I could find and put them into it. Then I would fill it with water.

It was like an epic battle: spiders, worms, snails, slugs, grasshoppers, ladybugs, ants, stinkbugs, etc-- some would swim, some would float, some would drown-- but they ALL WOULD FIGHT! It was awesome.

The last thing I did was collect several grasshoppers in a bag and then blew them up with a cherry bomb, that was in gr 10 I think.

I was witness to a friend killing a crayfish and made sure it didn't happen with me around again.

Now a days I don't kill anything-- except the odd spider!!! Other than bugs, never killed nothing.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #12257892 - 03/23/10 07:51 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

one of my first memories is my dad pouring salt on a slug and me crying hysterically and wanting him to wash it off.

i drowned bees when i was 4-5, more as an experiment. aside from that i try not to kill anything except mosquitoes. mice get put outside unless they are resistant to trapping, then they get poisoned. 

yeah thats about it. 

i guess i did experiments with putting bugs together trying to get them to fight.  its science though.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleCaine
lab rat
Male User Gallery

Loc: NE
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: truekimbo2] * 1
    #12257924 - 03/23/10 07:57 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

This is kind of sick, but when I was probably 7 my dad got me a BB gun. We have a pond right next to our house. Every summer up until I was probably 13 I would massacre the population of frogs living in the pond. I feel horrible about it nearly every day, and it makes me think I'm going to end up some kind of psychopath :sad:

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #12257927 - 03/23/10 07:57 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Went on a toad killing Spree with a high powered Co2 pistol with piercing pellets

killed like 8 or more of em execution style

Went up Point blank POW!!!

the ones that were unlucky enough to get shot by regualr BB's instead of hunting pelets needed multiple shots

i guess i feel kinda bad about it now

i was on dope n tired of the fuckers shitting in my garage :shrug:

--------------------

Google: Pippa Bacca

OfflineInfirno112
Male

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #12257940 - 03/23/10 08:00 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

When I was pretty young I used to kill a various amount of bugs. Which eventually led to me killing fish, frogs, crawfish, and eventually baby birds. I would find their nest and kill them in different ways.

I never felt good about it afterwards, and I stopped when I was still pretty young. I had alot of guilt about it in my later years and still do to an extent.

I cringe when I think about how it made me feel when I was doing it.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
    #12257953 - 03/23/10 08:02 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
They say those who torture animals as kids are likely to grow up abusing women.

interesting

i choke my gal during sex, but she likes it so thats not abuse

and its more like grabbing her throat

i dont apply a dangerus amount of pressure :shrug: :doggystyle:

and of course she gets the spankings too :smilingpuppy:

--------------------

Google: Pippa Bacca

OfflinePsychedelicHamster
Stranger

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Apostle]
    #12257959 - 03/23/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

the only things i ever killed as a kid were ants with a magnifying glass. only did it a few times though. i loved nature when i was little, so i always cought frogs/toads because i thought they were cool. we and 2 friends caught 26 frogs in ONE day at a pond across the street. was awesome.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: PsychedelicHamster] * 1
    #12258107 - 03/23/10 08:39 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

we and 2 friends caught 26 frogs in ONE day at a pond across the street. was awesome.

1..Gather frogs
2..???
3..PROFIT!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Asante] * 2
    #12258131 - 03/23/10 08:43 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

As a kid I once got the idea to catch a bunch of spiders, so I got a jar and did it. I don't know what was the idea behind it, but to my horror the spiders soon had bitten each other to death and I had a jar of dead spiders.

It disgusted me that they had killed each other and none was left alive.
Is that the fate of humanity, in the end?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineBig_Whoop
giver of two shits
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern ontario Flag
    #12258168 - 03/23/10 08:49 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

i was 14.

i had a magnifying glass.

i had the power of the sun.

i had one really stinkin ass beetle.

that was one time.

another, i stepped on a very, very populated ant colony, i was 12.

yes i feel bad now, i feel ashamed that i could just ignore their lives, but i cant take it back. i hope im not shit on in the afterlife for this.

--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

OfflineBig_Whoop
giver of two shits
Male User Gallery

Loc: southern ontario Flag
    #12258177 - 03/23/10 08:50 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
As a kid I once got the idea to catch a bunch of spiders, so I got a jar and did it. I don't know what was the idea behind it, but to my horror the spiders soon had bitten each other to death and I had a jar of dead spiders.

deep

--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #12258200 - 03/23/10 08:55 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I don't know how many m80's I strapped to the back of craw dads.

Frog baseball is really gross.

Those were two of the most fucked up things I have ever done.

I DO feel bad about that.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

Live long and prosper.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#12258264 - 03/23/10 09:06 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

awwww... poor froggies...  :sad:

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#12258308 - 03/23/10 09:11 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Yeah it was a total evil bad move. I r sorry tho. :sad:

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#12258320 - 03/23/10 09:14 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

we've all done things we regret.  as can be seen from my posts way back when this thread was new, i did my fair share of insect torturing.

these days, i'll go out of my way to not step on an ant.  the other day i swatted at a bee, just kinda fucking with him.  but he totally got knocked into a wall and started flying funny and i felt like shit and apologized profusely.

--------------------

InvisibleI R Crankey
bang bang choo choo
Male

#12258329 - 03/23/10 09:15 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

worste i did to a frog was chuck it up in the air and watch them splash into my friends pond. he showed me this, and after a couple frogs he showed me how it was wrong nd i felt very bad afterward (he was older than me by a few years). also they never died. i was about 9-10

i caught a mouse one time my dad blew it up with a pack of black cats (cherry bombs) and a m80 in the can we trapped it in.... it was more my dad than me. im not gonna lie i didnt and dont feel bad about this (maybe becuase i barely had anything to do with it? idk)i was about 7 or 8

then when i was around 10-12 i shot a bird a couple times with my friends airsoft gun(mostly trying to get it the fuck out of a tree).... other than those few instances and killing a shitton of bugs over the years ive never hurt animals. and have always tried to help them...

wether im crazy or sane is still a mystery to me... ive never hurt any women either!.... other than my crazy bitch sisters (but lets not get into that)

tiny rabid i fucking love your sig makes me LOL so hard everytime

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: I R Crankey]
    #12258344 - 03/23/10 09:19 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

:awehigh:

--------------------

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

#12258414 - 03/23/10 09:30 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

i realized early on that killing things was wrong. i remember crushing ants when i was like 5, but from than until adult hood i wouldnt really kill anything..

although since living on my own ive committed mass genocide on the german cock roach species. :yesnod:

--------------------

Edited by Deltron3030 (03/23/10 09:30 PM)

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Deltron3030]
    #12258459 - 03/23/10 09:35 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I used to have an irrational hatred for earwigs. I'd take them out on the black top on a hot summer day and squish their backs, just enough so that their guts inhibited their escape. They slowly roasted away as I giggled in amusement. Salt on slugs. Magnifying glass on ants. I did it all.

I always had a huge interest in bugs, I still overturn rocks sometimes and look under sometimes. Yeah, fuck you, I find a lot of cool shit. I don't kill bugs anymore though..The amusement is gone and all you have left over is the guts on your finger.

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Kada] * 3
    #12258461 - 03/23/10 09:35 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Once upon a time I was actually detained for stomping this dude from my neighborhood when I saw him nail a cat with a baseball bat. I was 14, he was 14. I'm not some PETA freak or somethin but the idea of someone trying to display their dominance over a 5 pound cat (with a bat mind you)really got to me. I just walked up to him like I was about to give him props and then I started swinging on the guy.

He was a weird dude; the rumors flew about the weird shit he was into.

It's not like I'm trying to sound badass or something -- the guy was a frail, small guy, so pretty much anybody could have whooped his ass. But when I saw him nail that cat and then laugh about it...it set me the fuck off. I beat the shit out of him and it felt good, I ain't gonna lie. I'd do it all over again, too.

The cat probably died. He nailed it. It scampered off but the way it got hit I doubt it made it very far.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #12258501 - 03/23/10 09:41 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Once upon a time I was actually detained for stomping this dude from my neighborhood when I saw him nail a cat with a baseball bat. I was 14, he was 14. I'm not some PETA freak or somethin but the idea of someone trying to display their dominance over a 5 pound cat (with a bat mind you)really got to me. I just walked up to him like I was about to give him props and then I started swinging on the guy.

He was a weird dude; the rumors flew about the weird shit he was into.

It's not like I'm trying to sound badass or something -- the guy was a frail, small guy, so pretty much anybody could have whooped his ass. But when I saw him nail that cat and then laugh about it...it set me the fuck off. I beat the shit out of him and it felt good, I ain't gonna lie. I'd do it all over again, too.

The cat probably died. He nailed it. It scampered off but the way it got hit I doubt it made it very far.

Very nice.

When I was in grade school I got expelled because at our bus stop, this kid who got off jumped on a frog. Squished the poor thing. Who the fuck does that? It's a fucking frog. No frogs deserve stepped on, say I! I sprung in to action, we got in to a fight and I actually broke one of his ribs or something. I don't know, I was like 11. Totally worth it. Everyone saw me in the halls and was like "That's the guy. That's the guy who stood up for frogs across our great land. God bless you, Gzuf. God bless you."

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#12258540 - 03/23/10 09:45 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

I sure hope not.  :sad:

--------------------

OfflineCDClock
Stranger

#12258578 - 03/23/10 09:48 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

fuckkk i definitely should not have clicked this thread

worst kind of shit to read while tripping jesus christ lmao

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: CDClock] * 1
    #12258595 - 03/23/10 09:51 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

gzuf said:When I was in grade school I got expelled because at our bus stop, this kid who got off jumped on a frog. Squished the poor thing. Who the fuck does that? It's a fucking frog. No frogs deserve stepped on, say I! I sprung in to action, we got in to a fight and I actually broke one of his ribs or something. I don't know, I was like 11. Totally worth it. Everyone saw me in the halls and was like "That's the guy. That's the guy who stood up for frogs across our great land. God bless you, Gzuf. God bless you."

Hell yeah gzuf, sometimes justice actually does get served :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #12258602 - 03/23/10 09:52 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
Oh yea.. I guess I also did fry an ant with a magnifying glass once when I was 7.. if that counts. It was more of a science experiment than to have any desire to see an any fry.

yeah, same. i'd call that part of growing up and being a guy though. if we found an anthill in our neighborhood, we filled up our super soakers and drowned those suckers.

i also put my sister's guinea pig in the bathroom sink once and turned on the water. it kept trying to run up the sides to avoid the water and it made these god awful noises. never did any physical damage too it. i think that makes a difference.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: CDClock] * 1
    #12258607 - 03/23/10 09:53 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

CDClock said:
fuckkk i definitely should not have clicked this thread

worst kind of shit to read while tripping jesus christ lmao

LOL!

--------------------

OfflineDeity208
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1,762
    #12258678 - 03/23/10 10:00 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I fried a lot of ants with a magnifying glass.
I also shot many ground squirrels with an air rifle during yearly camping/fishing trips.

I was a kid and nobody told me otherwise :shrug:
Learning to shoot at a young age was a good skill to learn IMO, even if I've never actually been hunting.

--------------------
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus.
All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the
octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV.
But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns.
Also he got a race car.
Is any of this getting through to you?

OfflineMchaggis
cawbstawmper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Bama Ghost Country Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #12258730 - 03/23/10 10:06 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Aside from hunting and fishing, when I was in elementary school we used to make chicken chokers (tiger beetle larvae) fight each other in tiny dirt arenas. The winner would be returned to his hole at the end of recess to be pulled up the next day, to meet another challenger. It was actually kind of cool, back then.

--------------------
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

OfflineDysprosium
Life Learner
Male

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Mchaggis]
    #12258862 - 03/23/10 10:25 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I've done some nasty things to animals in the past, ran fish through trolling motors, hooked them up to batteries, sizzled frogs in cans thrown in the fire, messed with insects, shot squirrels, gophers and all kinds of birds for fun. But I slowly changed and gained respect for life, I think a turning point was when i shot my first dear and saw the tear streak frozen to its eye, It struck me that we were similar and that it didn't deserve to die like that, it really wasn't an honorable death, it was a clean kill but it was young and female... that man i was with told me to shoot it, we left it lying there because he thought its scent would attract his big buck, what an idiot. death deserve to die like that. Today i won't harm a fly, I'll put it back outside, and i only accidentally kill mosquitoes, i try to flick them away. But i will shoot a deer for its meat, i only eat wild.

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Bridgeburner] * 1
    #12259268 - 03/23/10 11:26 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
i've heard that on some parts of the town there are kids that live in the slums and entertain themselves by skinning a cat.

the trees used to have dried cat skins on them, like flags waving in the wind.

they did it by catching a cat, hung it by its tail to a tree branch, cut an X to it's forehead with a linoleum knife, put vinegar or something into the cat's asshole and as the cat tried to get away it struggled downwards, thus falling out of its own skin. the cat's supposed to run a few meters before it drops dead from teh shock.

That sounds not true to me m8.  At multiple stages during that entire event you're going to have problems grasping said cat and a) breaking its tail then tying that to a tree, or tying rope to its tail and then to the tree; b) grasping a cat, hanging upside down, and then cutting an X on its head accurately, and especially c) pouring vinegar into the asshole of a thrashing, hanging-upside down cat.

That said, there are tons of instances of kids lighting animals on fire, especially in poor neighborhoods.

Edit: We used to get ants pretty bad ever summer, so I'd use flea powder and at like 2-4 in the morning I'd declare chemical war on the ants and do all kinds of fucked up shit.  I'd make circles of chemical powder around them and make the circle progressively smaller.  Once it touched them they pretty much immediately started thrashing back and forth until they stopped moving.

I began to burn some insects at one point, then felt *really* bad about it and haven't done it since.  These days I try my best to respect the environment I'm in and the creatures living alongside me.

--------------------

Edited by Humility (03/23/10 11:29 PM)

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Humility] * 1
    #12259312 - 03/23/10 11:35 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I did as a kid, I hope I don't go to hell for all my bad karma. :frown:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineMind Transcribing
Candy Baron
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost in Tanaris
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: JCoke]
    #12259377 - 03/23/10 11:46 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I'm going to hell for the ant holocaust of 02 :nonono:

--------------------

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: JCoke]
    #12259378 - 03/23/10 11:46 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

let's see here, i killed squirrels, frogs, rats, bees and turtles.

the squirrel attacked me, so i killed it.

i kept a frog in a jar, mold grew on it:awedisgust:

rats, well. my moms fault really. she made me do it.

bees, i hate the fuckers. no regret on that. it was for the spiders to eat as a experiment. sometimes the bees kill the spiders.

and a turtle, it had a dozen leeches so i put it out of it's misery quick and humane.

Offlinespitpants
What dreams are made of!
Male

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: elementswrath]
    #12260272 - 03/24/10 02:33 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
let's see here, i killed squirrels, frogs, rats, bees and turtles.

the squirrel attacked me, so i killed it.

i kept a frog in a jar, mold grew on it:awedisgust:

rats, well. my moms fault really. she made me do it.

bees, i hate the fuckers. no regret on that. it was for the spiders to eat as a experiment. sometimes the bees kill the spiders.

and a turtle, it had a dozen leeches so i put it out of it's misery quick and humane.

Jesus... epic images going through my head :awewtf:

I two am responsible for the death of frogs, I don't feel bad though cause they blew up into thin air.:feelsgoodman:
When I was little I tied a snake into a knot (not out of cruelty). And made crawdads fight to the death. Also I might add Fireflies made for great war paint!!! I was a glowing psychopath.

OfflinePunk1nDrublic
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: spitpants]
    #12260594 - 03/24/10 05:07 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I probably did torture a few creatures when I was a kid. I was/am fascinated by just about any living thing. I would find frogs, fish, I even a had a baby tiger snake once, and I would keep them until they died.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Punk1nDrublic] * 1
    #12260902 - 03/24/10 07:57 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I just shot the rabbit that has been digging holes all over my yard in the face the first thing this morning. That bastard had it coming to him.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Dysprosium]
    #12264046 - 03/24/10 04:46 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Dysprosium said:
I've done some nasty things to animals in the past, ran fish through trolling motors, hooked them up to batteries, sizzled frogs in cans thrown in the fire, messed with insects, shot squirrels, gophers and all kinds of birds for fun.

I thought I was a fucked up kid... WOW, seriously, good show old man...I take it your an artist now? That's quite an imaginative mind you have, hope it's being put to better use now.... WOW....:uhoh:

Edited by egodeathflux (03/24/10 04:49 PM)

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #12264072 - 03/24/10 04:52 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Many rodents, but it was in the name of science.

Although in a way, the process of perfusing a laboratory animal for immunohistochemistry is more gruesome then most of the things children do.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisiblezengarden66
Strange

Loc: Florida
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: badchad] * 1
    #12264475 - 03/24/10 05:42 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I don't see a problem with killing things

--------------------
mangmangmang

InvisibleRaw
Muslim
 User Gallery

Loc: USA West Coast Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #12264506 - 03/24/10 05:46 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I'd never torture anything.

But I did use worms and insects for fishing bait and still do.  But it is for food not for fun or enjoyment.

~RAW~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract