Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #12258200 - 03/23/10 08:55 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

I don't know how many m80's I strapped to the back of craw dads.

Frog baseball is really gross.

Those were two of the most fucked up things I have ever done.

I DO feel bad about that.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Kada]
    #12258264 - 03/23/10 09:06 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

awwww... poor froggies...  :sad:

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #12258308 - 03/23/10 09:11 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Yeah it was a total evil bad move. I r sorry tho. :sad:

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Kada]
    #12258320 - 03/23/10 09:14 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

we've all done things we regret.  as can be seen from my posts way back when this thread was new, i did my fair share of insect torturing.

these days, i'll go out of my way to not step on an ant.  the other day i swatted at a bee, just kinda fucking with him.  but he totally got knocked into a wall and started flying funny and i felt like shit and apologized profusely.

--------------------

InvisibleI R Crankey
bang bang choo choo
Male

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Asante]
    #12258329 - 03/23/10 09:15 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

worste i did to a frog was chuck it up in the air and watch them splash into my friends pond. he showed me this, and after a couple frogs he showed me how it was wrong nd i felt very bad afterward (he was older than me by a few years). also they never died. i was about 9-10

i caught a mouse one time my dad blew it up with a pack of black cats (cherry bombs) and a m80 in the can we trapped it in.... it was more my dad than me. im not gonna lie i didnt and dont feel bad about this (maybe becuase i barely had anything to do with it? idk)i was about 7 or 8

then when i was around 10-12 i shot a bird a couple times with my friends airsoft gun(mostly trying to get it the fuck out of a tree).... other than those few instances and killing a shitton of bugs over the years ive never hurt animals. and have always tried to help them...

wether im crazy or sane is still a mystery to me... ive never hurt any women either!.... other than my crazy bitch sisters (but lets not get into that)

tiny rabid i fucking love your sig makes me LOL so hard everytime

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: I R Crankey]
    #12258344 - 03/23/10 09:19 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

:awehigh:

--------------------

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #12258414 - 03/23/10 09:30 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

i realized early on that killing things was wrong. i remember crushing ants when i was like 5, but from than until adult hood i wouldnt really kill anything..

although since living on my own ive committed mass genocide on the german cock roach species. :yesnod:

--------------------

Edited by Deltron3030 (03/23/10 09:30 PM)

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Deltron3030]
    #12258459 - 03/23/10 09:35 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

I used to have an irrational hatred for earwigs. I'd take them out on the black top on a hot summer day and squish their backs, just enough so that their guts inhibited their escape. They slowly roasted away as I giggled in amusement. Salt on slugs. Magnifying glass on ants. I did it all.

I always had a huge interest in bugs, I still overturn rocks sometimes and look under sometimes. Yeah, fuck you, I find a lot of cool shit. I don't kill bugs anymore though..The amusement is gone and all you have left over is the guts on your finger.

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Kada] * 3
    #12258461 - 03/23/10 09:35 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Once upon a time I was actually detained for stomping this dude from my neighborhood when I saw him nail a cat with a baseball bat. I was 14, he was 14. I'm not some PETA freak or somethin but the idea of someone trying to display their dominance over a 5 pound cat (with a bat mind you)really got to me. I just walked up to him like I was about to give him props and then I started swinging on the guy.

He was a weird dude; the rumors flew about the weird shit he was into.

It's not like I'm trying to sound badass or something -- the guy was a frail, small guy, so pretty much anybody could have whooped his ass. But when I saw him nail that cat and then laugh about it...it set me the fuck off. I beat the shit out of him and it felt good, I ain't gonna lie. I'd do it all over again, too.

The cat probably died. He nailed it. It scampered off but the way it got hit I doubt it made it very far.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #12258501 - 03/23/10 09:41 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Once upon a time I was actually detained for stomping this dude from my neighborhood when I saw him nail a cat with a baseball bat. I was 14, he was 14. I'm not some PETA freak or somethin but the idea of someone trying to display their dominance over a 5 pound cat (with a bat mind you)really got to me. I just walked up to him like I was about to give him props and then I started swinging on the guy.

He was a weird dude; the rumors flew about the weird shit he was into.

It's not like I'm trying to sound badass or something -- the guy was a frail, small guy, so pretty much anybody could have whooped his ass. But when I saw him nail that cat and then laugh about it...it set me the fuck off. I beat the shit out of him and it felt good, I ain't gonna lie. I'd do it all over again, too.

The cat probably died. He nailed it. It scampered off but the way it got hit I doubt it made it very far.

Very nice.

When I was in grade school I got expelled because at our bus stop, this kid who got off jumped on a frog. Squished the poor thing. Who the fuck does that? It's a fucking frog. No frogs deserve stepped on, say I! I sprung in to action, we got in to a fight and I actually broke one of his ribs or something. I don't know, I was like 11. Totally worth it. Everyone saw me in the halls and was like "That's the guy. That's the guy who stood up for frogs across our great land. God bless you, Gzuf. God bless you."

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#12258540 - 03/23/10 09:45 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
As a kid I once got the idea to catch a bunch of spiders, so I got a jar and did it. I don't know what was the idea behind it, but to my horror the spiders soon had bitten each other to death and I had a jar of dead spiders.

It disgusted me that they had killed each other and none was left alive.
Is that the fate of humanity, in the end?

I sure hope not.  :sad:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineCDClock
Stranger

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12258578 - 03/23/10 09:48 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

fuckkk i definitely should not have clicked this thread

worst kind of shit to read while tripping jesus christ lmao

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: CDClock] * 1
    #12258595 - 03/23/10 09:51 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

gzuf said:When I was in grade school I got expelled because at our bus stop, this kid who got off jumped on a frog. Squished the poor thing. Who the fuck does that? It's a fucking frog. No frogs deserve stepped on, say I! I sprung in to action, we got in to a fight and I actually broke one of his ribs or something. I don't know, I was like 11. Totally worth it. Everyone saw me in the halls and was like "That's the guy. That's the guy who stood up for frogs across our great land. God bless you, Gzuf. God bless you."

Hell yeah gzuf, sometimes justice actually does get served :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: BrAiN]
    #12258602 - 03/23/10 09:52 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
Oh yea.. I guess I also did fry an ant with a magnifying glass once when I was 7.. if that counts. It was more of a science experiment than to have any desire to see an any fry.

yeah, same. i'd call that part of growing up and being a guy though. if we found an anthill in our neighborhood, we filled up our super soakers and drowned those suckers.

i also put my sister's guinea pig in the bathroom sink once and turned on the water. it kept trying to run up the sides to avoid the water and it made these god awful noises. never did any physical damage too it. i think that makes a difference.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: CDClock] * 1
    #12258607 - 03/23/10 09:53 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

CDClock said:
fuckkk i definitely should not have clicked this thread

worst kind of shit to read while tripping jesus christ lmao

LOL!

--------------------

OfflineDeity208
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1,762
    #12258678 - 03/23/10 10:00 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

I fried a lot of ants with a magnifying glass.
I also shot many ground squirrels with an air rifle during yearly camping/fishing trips.

I was a kid and nobody told me otherwise :shrug:
Learning to shoot at a young age was a good skill to learn IMO, even if I've never actually been hunting.

--------------------
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus.
All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the
octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV.
But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns.
Also he got a race car.
Is any of this getting through to you?

OfflineMchaggis
cawbstawmper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Bama Ghost Country Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #12258730 - 03/23/10 10:06 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Aside from hunting and fishing, when I was in elementary school we used to make chicken chokers (tiger beetle larvae) fight each other in tiny dirt arenas. The winner would be returned to his hole at the end of recess to be pulled up the next day, to meet another challenger. It was actually kind of cool, back then.

--------------------
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

OfflineDysprosium
Life Learner
Male

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Mchaggis]
    #12258862 - 03/23/10 10:25 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

I've done some nasty things to animals in the past, ran fish through trolling motors, hooked them up to batteries, sizzled frogs in cans thrown in the fire, messed with insects, shot squirrels, gophers and all kinds of birds for fun. But I slowly changed and gained respect for life, I think a turning point was when i shot my first dear and saw the tear streak frozen to its eye, It struck me that we were similar and that it didn't deserve to die like that, it really wasn't an honorable death, it was a clean kill but it was young and female... that man i was with told me to shoot it, we left it lying there because he thought its scent would attract his big buck, what an idiot. death deserve to die like that. Today i won't harm a fly, I'll put it back outside, and i only accidentally kill mosquitoes, i try to flick them away. But i will shoot a deer for its meat, i only eat wild.

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Bridgeburner] * 1
    #12259268 - 03/23/10 11:26 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
i've heard that on some parts of the town there are kids that live in the slums and entertain themselves by skinning a cat.

the trees used to have dried cat skins on them, like flags waving in the wind.

they did it by catching a cat, hung it by its tail to a tree branch, cut an X to it's forehead with a linoleum knife, put vinegar or something into the cat's asshole and as the cat tried to get away it struggled downwards, thus falling out of its own skin. the cat's supposed to run a few meters before it drops dead from teh shock.

That sounds not true to me m8.  At multiple stages during that entire event you're going to have problems grasping said cat and a) breaking its tail then tying that to a tree, or tying rope to its tail and then to the tree; b) grasping a cat, hanging upside down, and then cutting an X on its head accurately, and especially c) pouring vinegar into the asshole of a thrashing, hanging-upside down cat.

That said, there are tons of instances of kids lighting animals on fire, especially in poor neighborhoods.

Edit: We used to get ants pretty bad ever summer, so I'd use flea powder and at like 2-4 in the morning I'd declare chemical war on the ants and do all kinds of fucked up shit.  I'd make circles of chemical powder around them and make the circle progressively smaller.  Once it touched them they pretty much immediately started thrashing back and forth until they stopped moving.

I began to burn some insects at one point, then felt *really* bad about it and haven't done it since.  These days I try my best to respect the environment I'm in and the creatures living alongside me.

--------------------

Edited by Humility (03/23/10 11:29 PM)

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Did you torture bugs/animals as a kid? [Re: Humility] * 1
    #12259312 - 03/23/10 11:35 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

I did as a kid, I hope I don't go to hell for all my bad karma. :frown:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag