Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomluvdreamer
The Journeyer

Lights, Camera, Grow bags
    #7558208 - 10/25/07 09:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone, Iam new to the Shroom community and just planning on (hopefully) growing my first batch of Mushrooms. I have Purchased one grow bag and Spores from Ralphsters. It tends to get pretty cold where I live,so i want to make sure that everything goes smoothly since temp as i have read is important.
My Question is, For some who is just starting with a grow bag in a cold climate, what are some things I can do to guarantee the best conditions for my Grow bag since iam using a closet. My other concern has to do with the light source. I have read alot of stuff about exposing the bags to light, while some say just throw it in your closet and forget about it? I have access to light, but i do not want to risk it being out in the open, and exposed to the cold. Any advice on the Light situation etc. would be Awesome, thanks!

--------------------
The sky falls to dive in...wake up to october wind.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQuerjek
Friend

Re: Lights, Camera, Grow bags [Re: shroomluvdreamer]
    #7558265 - 10/25/07 10:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Build an incubator?

--------------------
tripping eyes and flooded lungs
northern downpour sends its love

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lights, Camera, Grow bags [Re: Querjek]
    #7558279 - 10/25/07 10:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Light or the absence of it, is unimportant to colonizing substrates. You need to keep the grow project indoors. It doesn't matter how cold the temperature is outside, as long as inside is normal room temperature, your grow bag will colonize just fine. Don't expose it to over 80F.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation