Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
Half a million Aussies on ecstasy
    #7556819 - 10/24/07 10:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

October 25, 2007 - ninemsn.com.au

Ecstasy has become the second most popular illicit drug of choice for Australians over the last ten years, according to a leading researcher.

Greg Fowler from the Queensland Alcohol and Drug Research and Education Centre has told industry peers the drug is more endemic than previously thought.

Mr Fowler's study, which was reported on abc.net.au, estimated that there were over 500,000 ecstasy users in Australia.

"Ecstasy is popular partly because it can be consumed in a tablet form," he said.

"It's perceived by consumers for that reason as perhaps having less risk than injecting drug use."

Mr Fowler hopes his findings will be able to assist police in cracking down on the drug, which has increasingly been used to bankroll the shady dealings of major players in the underworld.

Ecstasy tablets cost only about 25 cents to produce overseas and are sold on for a massive profit boon when they reach Australian shores.

Mr Fowler says a tablet will fetch up to $35 on the current market.

"Demand in Australia is supporting a price at that level and organised criminal groups are reaping substantial rewards and that creates an ongoing incentive," Mr Fowler said.

"So we need to look at some of the strategies policing can actually use to look at the various choke point on the supply chain."

The current market demand for the drug is second only to cannabis and far exceeds its oft-feted rival, cocaine.

"The cocaine market in Australia is substantially smaller than the ecstasy market but there is indications that the cocaine market may be growing," Mr Fowler said.

Last week three primary school children were rushed to hospital on the NSW south coast after ingesting ecstasy tablets they believed to be lollies.

The incident provoked outrage from police and community leaders who expressed shock over the drug's ready availability.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Half a million Aussies on ecstasy [Re: veggie]
    #7557154 - 10/24/07 11:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Crazy Aussies and their Ecstasy...

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Half a million Aussies on ecstasy [Re: Robo]
    #7557679 - 10/25/07 02:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There was just a meth article in AU stating it was 2nd behind cannabis, yea for truthful/conflicting reports constantly.

"Mr Fowler hopes his findings will be able to assist police in cracking down on the drug"

Great work Aussies like to roll, go get em PO PO.

--------------------

OfflineFloop
Stranger

#7558089 - 10/25/07 08:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Last week three primary school children were rushed to hospital on the NSW south coast after ingesting ecstasy tablets they believed to be lollies.

?

--------------------
"The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion. Herein lies the germ of all art and all true science. Anyone to whom this feeling is alien, who is no longer capable of wonderment and lives in a state of fear is a dead man. To know that what is impenatrable for us really exists and manifests itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, whose gross forms alone are intelligible to our poor faculties - this knowledge, this feeling ... that is the core of the true religious sent iment. In this sense, and in this sense alone, I rank myself amoung profoundly religious men."
-Albert Einstein

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Half a million Aussies on ecstasy [Re: Floop]
    #7558133 - 10/25/07 08:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Floop said:
Quote:

?

I call bollocks.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

Offlinepeaceandlove
Iron Lung
Male User Gallery

#7558275 - 10/25/07 10:09 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
October 25, 2007 - ninemsn.com.au

"Ecstasy is popular partly because it can be consumed in a tablet form," he said.

"It's perceived by consumers for that reason as perhaps having less risk than injecting drug use."

I don't get it? So they want to make X public enemy number 1 for a while? What well happen then? Some users will switch to IV'ing their drugs? It just seems like this is a somewhat legit reason for taking X over other drugs, but they are acting like it's a bad thing to not shoot up.  :hotidea:

and about those school kids, tablets might look like sweet tarts or something but deffinatly not lollipops, I mean, there's no stick coming out of them, and they aren't sticky when you eat them. I think some reporter or editor did a sloppy job with that.

--------------------
"For the Horde!"

Edited by peaceandlove (10/25/07 10:11 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service