Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Spring Mushrooms Part Three: Panaeolus subbalteatus
    #75567 - 05/28/00 09:31 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Hello Beesly,

mj had once said that Copelandia cyanscens, copelandia chlorocystis and one other copelandia variety (forget which one), all are microscopically the same. So with that said, all three of these varieties are known as the "Blue Meanies".

You had said once that the copes in your country show positive blue on the stems....

The copelandias that I have found here in florida, most do not show a "positive" bluing on the stems. Their stems are rather fragile, they damage and dry up very quick, to a dark blackish green with a slight tint of blue on most of them (just a tint behind the black).

After only one day of drying in the open air the stems are like dental floss. The caps take a couple days to completely dry in the open air and shrivel up to the size of raisins...so I have to work quick with them.

What I do to find the blue, is take spore prints of each of them and match up each cap with its corrosponding stem (just to be sure). They take a good half hour for them to fully blue, I see their bluing under the cap where the stem was fully removed from. Under the cap. That is the only way I can positively identify them (positively).

Red brown stems - - - throw that shit out

oh and I'll email you the link so you can see my new freeinternet mushroom hunting booklet!

G1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #75570 - 05/28/00 10:52 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Hey GGreatOne234 and Beesly,

Here are the Copelandia tropicalis images of a 21 day growth of shrooms.

Here we have day 1.

And here is a close-up of day i.

And yet one more close up for day 1.

And now for the tird day of picking. I again returned to the spot and found these had come up during the last three days.

After picking them I cleaned away all of the leaves.

and then Day six.

And for a close-up of day 6.

Here iw the 14th day of growth on this lonely cow-pie.

Anonymous

#75568 - 05/29/00 06:24 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

ya mj, I usually se those big silver ones when the copes are out. the little ones look similar. The silvery ones here drop nasty black goop spores soon after picking. yuck. I will take a look at your site
thanks mate.

GGreat
ya it is good to check at the stem/cap junction for posi-blue. The aussie ones will blue on the stem a deep blue then they go black soon after. I have seen them blue on the caps as well. They are very fragile. I am certain the ones I have had are cope cyans due to the potency and major blueing. thus the name cyanescen. Maybe the florida strains are not as potent. does less blue mean less psilocin? Who knows? I cannot disqualify a cope cyan because it blues too much. Pan sphintrinus will not blue, will it? That should disqualify that. Cause I do see ones that look like cope/cyan but they never blue at all. I chuck them out. gotta go
later mate
bb

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #75569 - 05/29/00 08:53 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Bluing in an indication that the mushrooms in question ae high in psilocine, not in psilocybine.

You can go to Spiritplants and go to thwe mushroom hunting forum and go back to the whole one year and look up the posts I made on Copelandia. I show several fresh specimens of Copelandia's to show their natural colors and their bluing reactions.

Usually, the Copelandia's will already have bluing in them from natural elements such as falling leaves, slug damage, wind and/or from cows kicking the shrooms as they trudge through the fields.

Also the cow pies can have anywhere from one or two shrooms up to as many as two hundred mushrooms depending oin the weather and their growing conditions. And sometimes, every cow pie will have massive shrooms growing abunbdantly from their manure heaps.

Other times only one or two specimens in the manu.

When only a few shrooms are visable, then that means that the flush has already run its course. See the seven images taken below of Panaeolus tropicalis.

I photographed this shroom every three days. for A total of twenty-one days of fruitings.

The manure, as you can see is dark and black and fresh. It fell during the night. So I photographed it and then did a few close-ups. Then came back every three days until no more shrooms appeared. And every three days I kept removing the leaves from the manure.

This was growing on Kualoa Ranch in Kahuku, Oahu, Hawaii. Along side a trail in a shaded tree area.

OfflineSirShroomalot
journeyman
    #75571 - 05/29/00 11:45 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

GGreatOne234,

Do you think you could send me the link to your hunting booklet site? I am trying to find out all of the different species that grow in central Georgia. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to get my hands on a good book, but I don't have a credit card for ordering off the net. my email address: wakefakie@aol

Thanks alot...

I've enjoyed your spring mushrooms series mj.
It's been inspirational...

Thanks guys...

Anonymous

#75572 - 05/30/00 05:03 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Mj you are the master. Great sequence. If you look again you will notice I did say that less blue might be less psilocine not psilocybin. I once say a big blue stain in the grass that had remnants of copes that a cow smashed.
Hope to see ya if you come to OZ again.I did not see a picture of mj with a kangaroo or cockatoo in the archives. Ha ha
BB

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #75573 - 05/30/00 12:30 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Huh, thats a lot of mushrooms.

I think Ive found some of those tropicalis' here in florida, early-october '99..

..yeah,.. but certainly not That many

Those stems and caps stain Blue right?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck