Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebagsofun
Mother Puncher

"Cap Injection Method" Spore Collection-success
    #7539625 - 10/20/07 03:20 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

This method of spore collecting seemed so easy I just had to try it. I took a sterile 10cc syringe filled with sterile water and set out to make a spore syringe.

I took a large B+ shroom from the FC that had 1 to 2 hours tops to break its veil, and in a very clean environment I held it upside-down and injected about 9 cc's of the water into the cap. I twisted the shroom back and forth a few times to possibly knock the spores loose. This made the water break the veil open which obviously elevated the chance of contamination, but I sucked the water back up anyways. I noticed the veils were as open as they were ever going to be, so I was pretty confident that I had gotten spores. I injected a 2-lb grain bag with the syringe, and a week later no myc., no contams, nothing.

I heard of many people having a good outcome with this method, but I guess somehow I didn't. Any thoughts on what I could have done wrong?

--------------------
Ass, gas, or grass, nobody rides for free

Edited by bagsofun (10/23/07 11:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: "Cap Injection Method" Spore Collection-failure [Re: bagsofun]
    #7539656 - 10/20/07 03:27 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

you did it to early and the cap didn't sporulate as of yet, u have to do it when the gills r full of spores. they aren't full of spores before the veil breaks.

Offlinebagsofun
Mother Puncher

Re: "Cap Injection Method" Spore Collection-failure [Re: jeetered]
    #7539688 - 10/20/07 03:33 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I thought in the final stages of growth the veil breaking just allowed the cap to further expand, thus opening the gills -more- and dropping spores? One important thing to note is that the shroom I choose was literally moments away from breaking its veil. It had some identical shrooms on the same casing that had broken veils already, and I could see how fragile it's own veil was.

On another note, I just took another closer look at the mycobag, and 1 of the corn kernels actually has a poofy fuzzy side to it! It definatly resembles healthy myc. so maybe there were just enough spores in there to knock colonize 1 kernel. Hopefully the tiny spot of myc. will spread.

Still would like to hears others experiences or input. Thanks Bof

--------------------

Edited by bagsofun (10/20/07 03:37 PM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #7539742 - 10/20/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I thought some shrooms dont drop spores till the cap flatens out more which is a little longer after the veil has complelty broken, well it was for my EQ shrooms i grew anyway

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinebonghittr
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7540958 - 10/20/07 10:16 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bagsofun said:
I thought in the final stages of growth the veil breaking just allowed the cap to further expand, thus opening the gills -more- and dropping spores? One important thing to note is that the shroom I choose was literally moments away from breaking its veil. It had some identical shrooms on the same casing that had broken veils already, and I could see how fragile it's own veil was.

On another note, I just took another closer look at the mycobag, and 1 of the corn kernels actually has a poofy fuzzy side to it! It definatly resembles healthy myc. so maybe there were just enough spores in there to knock colonize 1 kernel. Hopefully the tiny spot of myc. will spread.

Still would like to hears others experiences or input. Thanks Bof

you can do it whil they are attached, just not full attached.

bong

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: "Cap Injection Method" Spore Collection-failure [Re: bonghittr]
    #7540963 - 10/20/07 10:18 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It'd make no evolutionary sense for spores to fall before the cap breaks.

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

Offlinebagsofun
Mother Puncher

Re: "Cap Injection Method" Spore Collection-failure [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7542125 - 10/21/07 10:22 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

It'd make no evolutionary sense for spores to fall before the cap breaks.

Im not saying I was expecting spores to be falling inside the closed cap, obviously that makes little sense. I saw another post where multiple people had a good outcome doing exactly what I did, so to say there is no spores *available* at all until the veil breaks is not correct.

Besides even though it's 1 corn kernel worth of mycelium a week later, my bag definatly is showing results, so I definatly got some amount of spores into my syringe. I think I spoke too soon when I originally said I got no spores at all.

--------------------

Edited by bagsofun (10/21/07 10:23 AM)

Offlinebagsofun
Mother Puncher

#7547031 - 10/22/07 02:00 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

update - I did speak too soon, I have lots of spots of myc. growth in the bag now....so it did work!

--------------------

OfflinePsilocin Dreams
PerpetuallyContaminated

#7547137 - 10/22/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet, it's good to hear another person having success with this TEK, I already bought a nice flat glass container with a big glass dome lid that I was planning to use for spore printing, but this method seems safer... hmmm..

I think I'll go with the traditional printing technique for my first couple of tries, I want to print about 4 shrooms at once and then put all those spores into one syringe and get it nice and dark. (I know that people say this doesn't matter, but I want to do it anyway)

OfflinehardwoodAl
Stranger

Re: "Cap Injection Method" Spore Collection-failure [Re: Psilocin Dreams]
    #7547175 - 10/22/07 02:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Of coarse spores drop before the veil breaks. the inside of the veil is covered in spores when u manually remove it from the cap just before it rips. usually not til it is fully opened will it start dropping them everywhere, when it flattens out its almost finished, but even still it continues to drop spores until death comes after the life cycle. take prints an hour or two after the veil breaks and leave "printing" for 12-24 hours for dark ass prints.

OfflinePsilocin Dreams
PerpetuallyContaminated

Re: "Cap Injection Method" Spore Collection-failure [Re: hardwoodAl]
    #7547448 - 10/22/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

after printing, can you still eat the cap or will it have rotted too much by then?

Offlinebagsofun
Mother Puncher

#7550471 - 10/23/07 11:20 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

If your only leaving a fresh shroom out for a day at most, I can't imagine it rotting that fast. I've never heard of this done before, but maybe you can leave your cap in the fridge while it drops spores, that would preserve it for eating better than leaving it out.

I wouldn't compare the method I just used to being as effective as traditional methods, but it sure as hell worked, and it took about 2 minutes to do.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocin Dreams
PerpetuallyContaminated

#7554205 - 10/24/07 09:17 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bagsofun said:
If your only leaving a fresh shroom out for a day at most, I can't imagine it rotting that fast. I've never heard of this done before, but maybe you can leave your cap in the fridge while it drops spores, that would preserve it for eating better than leaving it out.

I wouldn't compare the method I just used to being as effective as traditional methods, but it sure as hell worked, and it took about 2 minutes to do.

yeah it also seems a lot easier to control syringe contamination with this method.. might end up being a great one for newbs (like me)

Offlinebagsofun
Mother Puncher

#7554363 - 10/24/07 10:15 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I looked in my syringe today (a few days after collecting spores) and I can see a big wad of clumped together spores, just like in the syringes I originally bought from the vendors.

I wasn't really getting my hopes up for the cap injection to work at all since it was just too easy, but I'm very pleasantly surprised....I got a lot of spores out and the mycobag I used to try it on is colonizing nicely.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale