Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlueJay
Pan Man
 User Gallery
Loc: Christs' peace patrol
Multi-spore genetics
    #753386 - 07/17/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

How does multi spore genetics work....If I take the first shroom off a casing will over a few generations will this lead to a faster first flush genetics...or if you use the same substrate for a few gens then just change it once but go back after that generation will the shrooms evolve to prefer this substrate???Any help???

--------------------
Respect all, Fear None!
The Peacemaker

Cacti are my new life.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Multi-spore genetics [Re: BlueJay]
    #754363 - 07/17/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Every time you go back to spores there is a variety of substrains present. The object is to multispore a substrate and clone the best fruit that came from it in the environment you grew it in.

If you grew from spore produced from a single substrate in an exact environment, it would still take a very long time to have all substrains favor that exact environment. You would be doing it a diservice if you were successful.

Just clone a good specimen produced from the substrate and environment you use. Use it until it flops, then start again.

Save prints from every generation. The closer to the wild, the more diversity.

With cubensis, it's success is it's diversity. It has the ability to fruit in a wide range of environment and on a wide range of substrate. Why would you want to change that?

Cloning a good performer is better. You duplicate the exact genetics of a succesful substrain for your SPECIFIC conditions. Producing spores over and over from that CLONE, could limit the genetic pool. This is why it is important to always return to multisporing for spore production, in the LONG RUN.

OfflineBlueJay
Pan Man
 User Gallery
Re: Multi-spore genetics [Re: ]
    #755120 - 07/18/02 02:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well teonan I am not asking for cubensis...I want to grow many generations of pan trops out on Straw/rice flour,,Straw/ ryeflour,,straw// millet...I then wanted to take prints from the biggest fastest growers...thinking that after a few gens they would really favor the straw....I wont use dung ever so It would take many years on straw to reach full potential...I would switch other additives so it wouldnt secinate(Sp?).....By the way thanks for taking the time to answer....J

--------------------
Respect all, Fear None!
The Peacemaker

Anonymous

Re: Multi-spore genetics [Re: BlueJay]
    #755707 - 07/18/02 07:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Pans grow fine on straw without any additives, right now!!! You don't need to breed them to do that. They don't require manure with straw. Adding flour to straw will increase your contamination risk, you have to way that against any gains in yield or speed of colonization.

Pure strain isolations and testing will result in WHAT you are looking for. The straw loving substrain is already there, and I don't think you can ever get it to stop liking DUNG.
Where did you get your Pan. tropicalis from?

OfflineBlueJay
Pan Man
 User Gallery
Re: Multi-spore genetics [Re: ]
    #760766 - 07/20/02 02:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I got the genetics from ralph....I have just fruited 2 pint jars of straw/brown rice powder with a casing put directly on top with sides taped....They have small stems wth bigger tops than ralphs pics...Look more like pics of the ones in nature but still very small...I was looking thru TMC last night and it does say to print the first one of the first flush...I know they will always fruit off of straw but why I am playing with adding xtra stuff is to try and get the size comparible of natural grown ones....Bigger is better and stableizing this is the goal...thanks for the advice...

--------------------
Respect all, Fear None!
The Peacemaker

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract