Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7545709 - 10/22/07 05:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

what is aspergers syndrome?

--------------------
Asshole

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #7545712 - 10/22/07 05:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i didn't know what it was too until i wikipediad it:

Asperger syndrome (also Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's disorder, Asperger's, AS, or AD) is one of several autism spectrum disorders (ASD) characterized by difficulties in social interaction and by restricted and stereotyped interests and activities. AS is distinguished from the other ASDs in having no general delay in language or cognitive development. Although not mentioned in standard diagnostic criteria, motor clumsiness and atypical use of language are frequently reported.[1][2]

Asperger syndrome was named after Hans Asperger who, in 1944, described children in his practice who appeared to have normal intelligence but lacked nonverbal communication skills, failed to demonstrate empathy with their peers, and were physically clumsy. Fifty years later, AS was recognized in the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-10), and in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) as Asperger's Disorder. Questions about many aspects of AS remain: for example, there is lingering doubt about the distinction between AS and high-functioning autism (HFA);[3] partly due to this, the prevalence of AS is not firmly established. The exact cause of AS is unknown, although research supports the likelihood of a genetic contribution, and brain imaging techniques have identified structural and functional differences in specific regions of the brain.

There is no single treatment for Asperger syndrome, and the effectiveness of particular interventions is supported by only limited data. Intervention is aimed at improving symptoms and function. The mainstay of treatment is behavioral therapy, focusing on specific deficits to address poor communication skills, obsessive or repetitive routines, and clumsiness. Most individuals with AS can learn to cope with their differences, but may continue to need moral support and encouragement to maintain an independent life.[4] Adults with AS have reached the highest levels of achievement in fields such as mathematics, physics and computer science.[5] Researchers and people with AS have contributed to a shift in attitudes away from the notion that AS is a deviation from the norm that must be treated or cured, and towards the view that AS is a difference rather than a disability.

--------------------

OfflineGill

Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7545774 - 10/22/07 07:15 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Alright.

First off, I'd like to say that I myself have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, so I know all about the condition. My intelligence (namely in the vein of logical deduction and 'deep thought') was certainly far above that of my peers. However, I was no less prone to making stupid decisions than any of the normal people around me. I've done a few dumb things in my lifetime, but nothing near what this girl has done. I can say with confidence that while she may be of above-average intelligence and is able to express herself more eloquently than people her age, that this does not translate into actually being wise.

As somebody else said, wisdom comes from experience. You can know everything about something, but until you actually experience it, you only have a vague idea. Trust me on this one. People with Asperger's are usually very committed to routines. DON'T let her make a routine of doing shit like this, or it will be much harder to pull her away from a drug addiction and the bad things they can lead to than it would a normal person her age.

As an Asperger patient, she is no doubt beating herself up in her head over what she's done. Use this to your advantage and do everything in your power to reaffirm her thoughts. If possible, avoid telling her parents unless there's absolutely nothing you can do within your own power to stop her. If her parents react badly, it could only make things worse for her, as it's possible she would turn to some other drug in order to take away the stress.

This might sound fucked up, but try turning her towards a drug that isn't as likely to make her do crazy things, like weed or cigarettes. She's going to want a fix some way or another, so it may as well be something that a vast majority of drug users are comfortable with, and something that's relatively easy to come by.

Hope this helps. Send her my regards if you speak with her.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#7546827 - 10/22/07 03:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

They don't put you in a psychiatric ward with asperger's or your typical teenage identity crisis. Sounds like the said girl has more serious issues. Remember that autumn is also the time of depression. Is she from a well-disposed family? Sounds a bit too fucked up for a 14 year old. But yes - she certainly needs friends and family now. Visit her as soon as possible. Talk to her, and what's more important - listen. My best wishes to her!

Best regards,
ivi

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #7547247 - 10/22/07 04:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

How old r u?

U cud get in some seriouse shit if your over 18, if your not then u not sposed 2 b here...

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: Chubba]
    #7547255 - 10/22/07 04:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
My class graduated in '04,

Most people didn't start losing their virginity till grade 12.

Most people started drinking in grade 11 and drugs in grade 12.

Grade 8, you're still little children, I would just watch pokemon and play guitar, don't need to worry about HIV/Hep C or stupid shit like this.

Holy crap man!! Where do you live? In some 50's television show??

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: whattheheck]
    #7547402 - 10/22/07 05:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

if you're an adult, your a scumbag for letting that happen to begin with. i'm all for letting people make their own choices and wouldn't have much of a problem of even my own daughter (if i had one) smoking pot or anything at that age. i'd be sure to talk to her about it and let her know the possibile consequences of her actions, but to the point of injecting drugs at 14? and in such a irresponsible way as to share needles... meanwhile you're there watching? thats a situation where you need to man up and tell her no, if she won't listen tell the guys offering her the drugs no, if they won't listen force them to listen, and in a situation where that wouldn't be possible then call for help... if you're more around her age, calling her parents or someone you know that cares and has some amount of control over her isn't a bitch thing to do. it's a lil different than narcing on her for smoking a joint behind the school, or screwing your friend in the church bathroom, even if she hates you for it, at least you know you are helping her and not watching a friend die.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: whattheheck]
    #7547433 - 10/22/07 05:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whattheheck said:
Quote:

Chubba said:
My class graduated in '04,

Most people didn't start losing their virginity till grade 12.

Most people started drinking in grade 11 and drugs in grade 12.

Grade 8, you're still little children, I would just watch pokemon and play guitar, don't need to worry about HIV/Hep C or stupid shit like this.

Holy crap man!! Where do you live? In some 50's television show??

--------------------
Asshole

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: PA
Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: Hakim0777]
    #7547729 - 10/22/07 07:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hakim0777 said:
Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
sex and drugs do not make you any more mature. intelligence does not make you mature. age, wisdom, and experience are generally the main factors that go into maturity.

there's no way in hell you can honestly say that you were even remotely mature at 14, as compared to how you are at 20.

Nah I can. Thats when I almost had a kid, Was living on my own and working. My argument is based of experience.

I find most 14 year old fuck ups can be wiser in someways than alot of these "college kids" living off daddies money. If you wanna talk about experience people who are sheltered have no experience what so ever.

Going to school and listening to orders does not translate into experience or intelligence.

What makes someone intelligent is being able to reconize there surroundings and act accordingly. Something thats gained through faliure and roadblocks in my opinion.

InvisiblePycnogenol
anti-oxidant
Female

Loc: San Lorenzo
Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: lysergicide]
    #7547807 - 10/22/07 07:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i didnt read the thread but im sure someone has already told you methadone has a very high oral bioavalibilty, so shooting it is very very dumb

OfflineTurntableJunky
Ethno Grower
Male

Loc: Sydney
Re: so my friend shot up methadone with heroin junkies the other day [Re: Pycnogenol]
    #7548183 - 10/22/07 08:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Stop post whoring.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Community >> The Pub