Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test....
    #7538725 - 10/20/07 09:58 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I've concluded that even spacing 7 days apart will show significant tolerance issues

The second trip...IE: the main part...was an entire HOUR shorter

The visuals were much harder to see, and the way my thinking was effected was minimal (less epiphanic mindset)

It was less of a psychedelic experience and more of a colorful light show of sorts.

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: Helpme1]
    #7538784 - 10/20/07 10:19 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That's not enough data to conclude. Blotter can sometimes be layed unevenly. Maybe if you waited another week, an tried a single hit, and then waited another one and try another one. Also making sure that they have been stored at optimal temperatures and conditions.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: AlCapwn]
    #7538827 - 10/20/07 10:34 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Today was my second time tripping ever, the first being exactly a week before now, all with the exact same blotter.  I can say that my trip today was much more visual and intense than my other one.  :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: Jair]
    #7538862 - 10/20/07 10:46 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Psychedelics seem to defy this kind of 'scientific' method.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Offlinecube talk
Stranger

Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #7538886 - 10/20/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

psychedelics are like the weather, although we understand everything about the weather and its reactions with the enviroment and what makes what do what, we still can't predict it for shit.

--------------------

OfflineBen18
Male

Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #7538892 - 10/20/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

AlCapwn is right in my opinion I believe many different test should be taken and many variables would need to be taken in account. ie. food consumption before each trip, amount of time each hit was exposed to light....

I also think that seven days may not be enough time inbetween trips of the same dose.

-Ben

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: Ben18]
    #7538923 - 10/20/07 11:10 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Jair had a stronger trip in 7 days though. It varies a lot.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: AlCapwn]
    #7539120 - 10/20/07 12:23 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I once had acid two nights in a row, the same dosage, and the second night was worlds more intense, insightful, synesthetic, visual, etc. I was worried it would be weak due to the very obvious issue of tolerance from the day before, but the trip I wound up having blew the first one away. The first night I mostly spent giggling and tripping out over playing geometry wars, but the second night my boundaries fell away and I went to a brand-new place.

For me, tolerance doesn't really seem to rear its head at all until I indulge in genuinely continuous use (more than twice in a single week). That goes for both acid and mushrooms.

Tolerance is extremely subjective, hard to track... you probably just confused a boring trip for a weak one and felt understimulated.

Edited by Tchan909 (10/20/07 12:35 PM)

Offlinemasslessparticle
Travler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7539191 - 10/20/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I know that prior mindset effects the trip, even to the point where you don't trip off a dosage amount that you should, and that is the trip itself. This happend to me recently. I didn't excpet to trip, and I didn't, the trip was a cycle thought that I wan't tripping, so even though I could feel the fact that things were altered, all my senese stayed crystal clear, with no distortion, actually it was a terrible thing, the person I was with was freakin out off the same dose, and I really wanted to experience that, strange and intersting I say.

--------------------
Equipped with his five senses,
Man explores the universe around him
and calls the adventure science.

Offlinelegitlogic
Blooming Mycologist
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: masslessparticle]
    #7539351 - 10/20/07 01:39 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Ive done cid days 3 days in a row never lost tolerance and even week after week for a while. Same dosage every time. I never really felt anything less.

--------------------

OfflineAnotherDimension
Wanderer in the Land of the Lost

Loc: USA
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: legitlogic]
    #7540424 - 10/20/07 06:59 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I think 7 days is fine.

Like everyone said, there are too many variables to say.

Also, there are other considerations like, did the hit stay in direct sunlight for the entire intervening week? Probably not, but it is just an example of how many things can happen during the week to affect the next experience.

--------------------
Another Dimension
---------------------------
"Come, and trip it as ye go,
On the light fantastick toe."

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
Re: Took one blotter of the same two weeks in a row for tolerance test.... [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #7540444 - 10/20/07 07:06 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

A week is indeed plenty of time to avoid tolerance, now im not saying its a good idea to trip once a week every week. But if you did, tolerance would not really be an issue physically, you may become more familiar with the effects and it wont seem as "out-there" but physically your tolerance will have dissapeared.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom