Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #7547825 - 10/22/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
no, good for us!

:thumbup:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekake Happy Birthday!
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7549847 - 10/23/07 02:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If nothing else, Ron Paul is at least out there giving people hope. If we expect to ever have a revolution in this country, well it's going to start with grassroots efforts of course but we still need a unified voice, someone who is intelligent and has a remarkable track record, someone who represents the solidarity of our voice. Ron Paul is a fucking blessing, in that regard.

America wants change. Fuck the media for hiding it/denying it and fuck the polls for not even including Dr. Paul's name on them. Shame!

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: kake]
    #7550505 - 10/23/07 11:28 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kake said:
If nothing else, Ron Paul is at least out there giving people hope. If we expect to ever have a revolution in this country, well it's going to start with grassroots efforts of course but we still need a unified voice, someone who is intelligent and has a remarkable track record, someone who represents the solidarity of our voice. Ron Paul is a fucking blessing, in that regard.

What is grassroots about Paul? He is seeking nomination for president in the republican primary. It doesn't get much more "top-down" than that.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7550545 - 10/23/07 11:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
What is grassroots about Paul? He is seeking nomination for president in the republican primary. It doesn't get much more "top-down" than that.

:what:

Ron Paul's campaign is clearly a grass-roots campaign. What are you even talking about? :confused:

Ron Paul's position right now is the result of American people rallying together and building him up, which is quite different than a corporate/media/political establishment pushing a candidate like Hillary Clinton down upon the people. Maybe you just misunderstood what was being talked about. :shrug:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7550617 - 10/23/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:

Are you serious?

His campaign is not, nor ever has been managed from the top down.

He still has a small staff and has spent a small portion of his donations. His campaign materials store is even a modest selection of materials to buy.

Grassroots- Over 400 meet up groups have popped up so far. These are local groups that volunteer to campaign for Paul, with their own ideas, and own money under their own local leaders not hired by the campaign. There are over 1,000 members now. There are more who havn't joined meetups. They created the rEVOLution, hijacked the internet to replace the MSM, create their own T-shirts, campaign materials and sell them on their own internet stores and at rally's. They create and pay for radio, television and billboard ads. They create and host rally's and invite Paul to speak at them. They pay for airplanes to fly Ron Paul banners over beaches and stadiums. They organize sign waves on busy intersections, and Paint the Towns Ron,( flooding towns with RP signs and banners) they've created over 40,000 videos, hundreds of blogs, they organize fundraising drives, created their own campaign internet forums not related to meet up, created RP DVDs for mass distribution, they enter town parades, set up booths at local festivals and farmers markets bringing laptops and flat screens to air the DVDs and register voters, they take on the MSM when they misrepresent Paul or his supporters and get national coverage for doing that.

I have barely scratched the surface on what they are doing with grass roots efforts. It's incredible, amazing! I've never seen anything like it for a presidential candidate in a nation grown apathetic to elections.

Grassroots is what happens when the supporters basically fund and organize an unofficial campaign, not taking directions from the official campaigns HQ. It's predominantly a free market, decentralized effort and Paul couldn't be more pleased about it as that is how he thinks the free markets and government should work-of the people, for the people, by the people.

Like when he is asked about how he achieved his strong support on the internet, he says, " I didn't harness the Internet, the Internet harnessed me."

Like when he shows up to rally's with hundreds to thousands of supporters who organized it, he says, "Thank you for inviting me to your reEVOLution."

Paul can keep his HQ costs low and most of his donations still in the bank, because his grass roots supporters have been doing most of the campaigning work for free, under their own direction, and on their own dime.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7550658 - 10/23/07 12:24 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Ron Paul's campaign is clearly a grass-roots campaign. What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about the fact that running for president on the GOP ticket is not what I would stop to consider grassroots. 

Quote:

Ron Paul's position right now is the result of American people rallying together and building him up, which is quite different than a corporate/media/political establishment pushing a candidate like Hillary Clinton down upon the people. Maybe you just misunderstood what was being talked about. :shrug:

So you are saying that Paul's campaign is not funded by any corporations or political parties and is instead funded solely by individual contributions? I'd like to see some proof of that, please, because I would be sincerely impressed and surprised.

Your post would also suggest that Paul is campaigning reluctantly, and his desire to be president is of a different nature than that of Clinton's or anyone else's for that matter.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7550730 - 10/23/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

> I'm talking about the fact that running for president on the GOP ticket is not what I would stop to consider grassroots.

Just because you don't understand the definition of "grassroots campaign" doesn't mean that Ron Paul's campaign isn't grassroots.  :wink:

> So you are saying that Paul's campaign is not funded by any corporations or political parties and is instead funded solely by individual contributions?

Yep, pretty much.

From the Wall Street Journal:
Quote:

Individual donors are the backbone of Paul’s operation which has relied heavily on grassroots activism and Internet fund-raising. All told in the third quarter, Paul took in $5.3 million in contributions, all but $6,725 of which came from individuals. The campaign has set an ambitious $12 million goal for the fourth quarter, which ends Dec. 31. Since the quarter began, the campaign has raised a little over $1 million — which is monitored in real-time on the campaign’s Web site.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#7550750 - 10/23/07 12:52 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Ron Paul refuses special interest money. Always has. Lobbyists know not to bother going to his office.

It's not that RP is a reluctant candidate. He wants this very much. He only wants it if the people are ready for his message because his message requires their co-operation if he gets elected.

RP says, "I do not want to become President because of what I want to do. I want to become president because of what I don't want to do. I do not want to run your lives, or the world."

He pretty much is acting as the vehicle for Americans to take back control over their lives, country and Constitution, if they want that. he puts out his message of Freedom, Liberty and Prosperity and himself as a candidate for that. He will let the voters decide from there if they want it or not.

This is why he doesn't pander to crowds or take special interest money.

He strongly believes in following the model of the Constitution and knows, it will only work, if the people want to follow it too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7550756 - 10/23/07 12:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
I'm talking about the fact that running for president on the GOP ticket is not what I would stop to consider grassroots.

So running a grass-roots campaign isn't a grass-roots campaign because it is a campaign? :what:

Quote:

grass-roots      /ˈgræsˌruts, -ˌrʊts, ˈgrɑs-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gras-roots, -roots, grahs-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective of, pertaining to, or involving the common people, esp. as contrasted with or separable from an elite: a grass-roots movement for nuclear disarmament. 

If you read jiggy's informative post on Ron Paul's campaign, it is abundantly evident that his campaign is almost entirely grass-roots based. The fact that he is running for Republican nomination does not negate the fact that his campaign is almost entirely a grass-roots one. To think it does is simply evidence that one doesn't understand what a grass-roots campaign is. :shrug:

As another member said, perhaps in this thread, the amount of money Ron Paul has raised for his official campaign, which places him in the top-tier of the Republican campaign, represents a lot more votes than others who receive much larger individual donations, due to corporate interests and the like - not to mention the amount of money that is involved in his grass-roots campaign.

I wonder if there is a way, jiggy, to get a rough estimate as to how much money he has actually raised, when one considers how many resources went into the grass-roots campaign. Has anyone ever looked into calculating that? :smile:

I think Ron Paul's impact and support does not register in the media as it actually exists, because it is not of the media. The American people are beginning to bypass the media, as it is an ineffective manner in which to receive, and certainly to give, information. Human evolution is a testament to the fact that we have a continuous strive for the proliferation of more and more information, as the more information we have, the more we understand reality, thus ensuring our survival, as we learn how to interact with reality in successful manners.

Perhaps the movement away from the traditional corporate/media establishment is not developed enough yet to bring a candidate like Ron Paul into the presidency yet, but it is clearly a sign of changing times, and he certainly seems to be snowballing. I think if he focused now on gaining the support of the Christian conservative base, started using more of his official campaign money to open up communication with them (he doesn't need to pander or posture to them, as he's already their candidate, in my opinion), he could gain enough substansial support to push through the Republican primaries, and, from there, onto the presidency. Hillary Clinton wouldn't stand a chance. :smile:

Quote:

So you are saying that Paul's campaign is not funded by any corporations or political parties and is instead funded solely by individual contributions? I'd like to see some proof of that, please, because I would be sincerely impressed and surprised.

Any corporations or political parties? No, I'm not saying that, and it is an overwhelming phenomenon to witness individuals in this forum latch onto an absolutist conclusion and push it like this. Clearly, demonstrateably, the majority of Ron Paul's campaign is supported by individual, American people. The average donation for Ron Paul, of course, is apparently $40. There aren't exactly a lot of corporate special interests that would put forward Ron Paul as their candidate - feel free to point me in the direction of any. :wink: 

Quote:

Your post would also suggest that Paul is campaigning reluctantly, and his desire to be president is of a different nature than that of Clinton's or anyone else's for that matter.

No, it doesn't suggest that - you are simply projecting. How does it suggest it, if you feel it does? :sherlock:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #7550762 - 10/23/07 12:56 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
He pretty much is acting as the vehicle for Americans to take back control over their lives, country and Constitution, if they want that. he puts out his message of Freedom, Liberty and Prosperity and himself as a candidate for that. He will let the voters decide from there if they want it or not.

This is why he doesn't pander to crowds or take special interest money.

He strongly believes in following the model of the Constitution and knows, it will only work, if the people want to follow it too.

Not only that, but his entire life is a testament to this. :thumbup: I was reading what was essentially his biography on wikipedia, and the man sounds like a modern age Thomas Jefferson, in so many ways. :smile:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: a_guy_named_ai]
    #7550775 - 10/23/07 12:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jonathan_206 said:
I honestly hate America,[/url]

That's not very christian of you.:sad:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: Seuss]
    #7550816 - 10/23/07 01:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> I'm talking about the fact that running for president on the GOP ticket is not what I would stop to consider grassroots.

Just because you don't understand the definition of "grassroots campaign" doesn't mean that Ron Paul's campaign isn't grassroots.  :wink:

I understand what a grassroots campaign is. If RP or anyone else becomes the candidate for the GOP, their campaign would no longer be grassroots. That was my point with the above statement. :wink:

It has been news to me, because I am not a Ron Paul supporter and am pretty ignorant about him, that he has been able to finance his campaign through individual donations and grassroots organization. 
I am impressed that he has done so, and hope that this may be a step in the right direction for other candidates. I appreciate the link:

From the Wall Street Journal:
Quote:

Individual donors are the backbone of Paul’s operation which has relied heavily on grassroots activism and Internet fund-raising. All told in the third quarter, Paul took in $5.3 million in contributions, all but $6,725 of which came from individuals. The campaign has set an ambitious $12 million goal for the fourth quarter, which ends Dec. 31. Since the quarter began, the campaign has raised a little over $1 million — which is monitored in real-time on the campaign’s Web site.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7551021 - 10/23/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Good question FWG about how much has been put into his campaign from grass roots efforts, not tallied in the official campaign donations raised.

We wonder that alot at the Ron Paul forums. Guesstimating is extremely difficult because of the decentralization of the efforts. There is no where grass rooters report their personal spending on his campaign too.

I mean Ron Paul  meet up groups have been sprouting up in other countries quicker then I can keep track of them. ( There's one even in Baghdad now:lol:). His grass roots support has gone INTERNATIONAL.

For example, 2 of my local meet up groups now have over 200 members, so we split up into smaller groups to focus on different projects. It's getting impossible to keep tabs on what my own meet ups are spending, let alone all of them, and those working outside of meet up groups.

It's nice to have widgets like "chip in". Now people can post projects and put up a chip in link for the money they need raised, people can donate on line and watch the running total. This is happening more and more now to combine resources to pull off bigger scale projects costing in the thousands. It makes it easier for grass rooters to help fund projects in the early primary states who do not live in them.

Back to his official donations, the grass rooters are working on something cool related to the movie V for Vendetta and Nov 5th. We are making links go viral to spread the word to get RP supporters to all donate $100 on Nov 5th.  The goal is to raise 10 million dollars in ONE DAY! Those who have already committed to a pledge page have it up to about a million already. If you're a Paul supporter, get in on it and donate what you can on Nov 5th. The media won't be able to ignore it and we can put him ahead of Rudy in cash on hand.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: Icelander]
    #7551029 - 10/23/07 02:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

is it unchristian because it's America he hates?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#7551120 - 10/23/07 02:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
I understand what a grassroots campaign is. If RP or anyone else becomes the candidate for the GOP, their campaign would no longer be grassroots. That was my point with the above statement. :wink:

It isn't a very compelling point.

Clearly, Republican interests would start to be put into his campaign as well. I don't understand how this negates the fact that his campaign is grounded upon a solid grass-roots foundation. In fact, once you have grass-roots, the grass itself starts to grow. :lol:

I just don't understand what the point of your point is. :shrug:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: afoaf]
    #7551128 - 10/23/07 02:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
it is unchristian because he hates

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefuckusernames
Stranger

#7553334 - 10/23/07 11:51 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

fuck this country. still good to hear. i suppose.

Offlinea_guy_named_ai
Stranger
Male
    #7553780 - 10/24/07 06:01 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You're misquoting.

It's good for Love to hate evil.Not a strange concept.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: a_guy_named_ai]
    #7553900 - 10/24/07 07:03 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jonathan_206 said:
You're misquoting.

No I'm not.

Quote:

It's good for Love to hate evil.Not a strange concept.

Yes, it is a strange concept. One state of mind cannot be another state of mind. The statement that love hates makes absolutely no sense. :rolleyes:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

#7554256 - 10/24/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
It isn't a very compelling point.

Clearly, Republican interests would start to be put into his campaign as well. I don't understand how this negates the fact that his campaign is grounded upon a solid grass-roots foundation. In fact, once you have grass-roots, the grass itself starts to grow. :lol:

I just don't understand what the point of your point is. :shrug:

I was never trying to make a point, I was just surprised to hear his campaign described as grassroots and then wanted someone to explain it to me, which three of you did.

I will still defend my initial incredulity if you want me to, but I don't see how there's any point in talking about this anymore.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale