Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Swami]
    #760853 - 07/20/02 03:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe the mushroom cultures eventually found it all too grim to bear and self destructed, in a round about way.

And yes, we are on the cusp of something potentially "huge", but please point me to a time when we were not.
I like that.
This cusp is, though, a little different. At the rate things are accelerating, we might fling ourselves over the brink, for better or worse, soon enough.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Adamist]
    #761161 - 07/20/02 05:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I will PM you.

Anonymous

#761231 - 07/20/02 06:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

When I say that it is obvious that man has a spiritual side I am not suggesting that there isn't a single person that does not see it that way. Of course there are atheists and agnostics who view the spiritual side of man as counterintuitive. Now, I cannot give empirical evidence for my assumption because doing so is to delimit the search for knowledge and restrict it to methodological naturalism alone. When the question is asked and the only answers that will be accepted are those that fit the narrow paradigm of empirical science we are unable to answer the question as fully as possible. In other words, philosophy is a better tool to parse questions dealing with the spiritual nature of man than empirical science.

On an intuitive level I have a feeling that there is something more to life than the answers that empirical science can offer. But I am not sure how important "feelings" are to getting a clear answer to your question. I would add to this the fact that most of the people in the world at all times present and past have had a dimension to their lives which was spiritual. Now that is not to say that all those billions of people are correct. They may all be wrong, but I doubt it. Man as a creature has felt that there is something beyond himself. Questioning the existence of God is a relatively new phenomenon predicated on the popularity of the empirical method. Naturalism was started by Thomas Hobbes as a direct attack on the Church of England. The battle lines were drawn and we have had no peace since.

I dissent from the opinion that there is nothing wrong with the scientific method if it is used to parse all the questions that can be asked. Some questions are purely philosophical and as such remain outside the purview of science.

Methodological naturalism cannot admit the addition of teleology and so any questions that have a teleological aspect to them need the addition of philosophy to answer them to their fullest.

Evolution nowadays is a religion. The true believers in it cannot even consider the possibility that it is not the whole truth or that there is something that science cannot answer. I pity them. They have half the truth.

The anomalies in the history of life here cannot be answered by evolution as it is currently understood. I think that is a real shame because science only progresses as it should when it includes the anomalies, not ignore them. Newton and Einstein are a good evidence of that.

Lastly, there are philosophical arguments that strongly suggest the existence of an immaterial aspect to the side of man which opens the door to a spiritual side.

I hope this was clear enough for you. If you have any further questions I would be happy to answer them. If you see any flaws in my thinking be sure to point them out. I am always open to refining what I think.

Cheers,

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: ]
    #761698 - 07/20/02 09:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Now i have a question for all of you who have spoke with aliens. Did you read about these aliens before you contacted them? Or did all of this information like the name Grey and Reptilians telepathically enter your head?

What i think is that you of course read or heard about this stuff before, let it enter into ur thoughts and now you are constantly thinking about aliens and letting ur imagination run with it. Kinda like self brainwashing. It happened to me in a similiar case but that would be another post. Some of you may suffer from chemical imbalances like i did.

So what is it?

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Droz]
    #761761 - 07/20/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I had never heard of any "Reptilian" race before... I've never watched any sci-fi shows or read any alien books, etc. In fact, after I had my initial experience with the serpent that seemed not of this earth, I searched in vain for information about any kind of reptilian or serpent race of beings. After searching for a long time for books in libraries and stores, eventually I started to scour the internet. I picked up some less-than-reliable sources like David Icke and others claiming to channel them, but mainly it's all came from my head in the initial experience.

I started having experiences with the Greys awhile after that... I can't say I hadn't heard of them, most people in America have heard of them.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #761833 - 07/20/02 09:47 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"That man has a spiritual side is obvious
2. The fallacy of self-evident or a priori knowledge"

Dear lord how dim are you? When billions of people believe there is a spiritual side to their nature then it is obvious there is a spiritual side to human beings. Billions of people believe in love by your "logic" this would mean love is fallacy too. You may "argue" about what exactly "spiritual" and "love" means but to deny they exist is profoundly stupid.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #761871 - 07/20/02 10:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Before I first tripped, I never imagined trees melting, yet I fail to believe that means that trees really do melt. Once again (actually the dozenth time!) what differentiates alien contact (believed to be real) with other mushroom side-effects (that we can all agree are not real)?

For the tenth time, when you see trees melt are you aware they are not really melting? Most people can easily differentiate between these superficial effects and the far deeper and more powerful experience of communication with aliens.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#761888 - 07/20/02 10:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"Did you read about these aliens before you contacted them? Or did all of this information like the name Grey and Reptilians telepathically enter your head?"

I was four years old when I was first contacted. I could not read. My parents did not talk about them nor did anyone else in my tiny social circle. This was in the late 50's.

That is more information than I am comfortable in posting about my contact(s). I do not have them anymore. I stopped them.

Anonymous

#761998 - 07/20/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I had never read any books about aliens, and probably the only thing I ever heard about aliens was watching ET fifteen years ago. After my first experience with them, however.. I began to search for information, and found a lot. I found that a lot of the information coincided with what I had experienced. Other people experienced things very similar to my experiences.

But to answer your question...no, I never had any interest or read anything about aliens until after my first experience with them.

Anonymous

#762018 - 07/20/02 10:59 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

but I do believe we are removing the veil that has been placed over our eyes since our 'fall' in consciousness. This new existence will not be without its difficulties, but we will be much less confused as I believe the truth about who we are, where we come from, and what we're doing here is soon to be revealed.

Amen.

Anonymous

#762079 - 07/20/02 11:18 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

All humans are spirits first and foremost, residing within physical bodies.
This much is obvious to me at least.

If you fail to recognize the spiritual world which you live in just as much as the physical, perhaps you should pay closer attention.

Edited by Shroomism (07/20/02 11:24 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #762170 - 07/20/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Another thing Swami forgets is that human beings will differ in their ability to reach these states. As in all other areas of human activity there will be a bell curve of ability. John Lennon had a larger ability to write songs. Some of us will be able to access furthur into these realms than others.

Swami's most mystical experience is seeing trees melt. If that was as much as I had got out of the psychedelic experience I would have stopped many years ago.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Xlea321]
    #762182 - 07/20/02 12:04 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#762189 - 07/20/02 12:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man, when the trees are all un-melted all the time, a good melted tree can be a God-send.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #762531 - 07/20/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I had never heard of any "Reptilian" race before... I've never watched any sci-fi shows or read any alien books

Maybe, maybe not. However Star Trek and its imagery are fairly ubiquitous in our culture. Captain Kirk fought a reptilian alien back in 1969 and this episode has been rerun 10,000 times. On the original Outer Limits in the '60s, a group of people at an amusement park were kidnapped by a reptilian creature.

There were also Sci Fi movies in the '50s and '60s featuring small bodied large-headed aliens.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#762593 - 07/20/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

When the question is asked and the only answers that will be accepted are those that fit the narrow paradigm of empirical science we are unable to answer the question as fully as possible. In other words, philosophy is a better tool to parse questions dealing with the spiritual nature of man than empirical science.
Here is the main problem as I see it with having no empirical knowledge, just a vague feeling of something more:

Lets make 2 opposing assumptions and examine them.

1. There is a God and a spiritual nature to man. We find ourselves facing a mortal illness.

We take comfort believing that a part of us continues after our corporeal body decomposes.

2. There is no God and no spiritual nature to man. We find ourselves facing a mortal illness.

The idea is too frightening to handle, so we make up a story about a God and an afterlife.

We take comfort believing that a part of us continues after our corporeal body decomposes.

Without any way to directly examine the beliefs regarding spirituality, I can determine NO WAY to differentiate which hypothesis is true. As Hypothesis 1. is the more complex model in that it makes large assumption, I lean heavily towards Hypothesis 2 until such evidence comes along to point me elsewhere.

I would add to this the fact that most of the people in the world at all times present and past have had a dimension to their lives which was spiritual. Now that is not to say that all those billions of people are correct.
I am not setting myself up here as righteous or holy, but I cannot conceive of doing violence to another human being (unless directly threatened), yet many of those spiritual minions that you speak of believe whole-heartedly in war or at least allow it to exist.

Questioning the existence of God is a relatively new phenomenon...
The history of this question in print may interest you, but the question is far from new, and when it originated is in no way helpful in coming to any conclusion.

I dissent from the opinion that there is nothing wrong with the scientific method if it is used to parse all the questions that can be asked.
My statement has been taken somewhat out of context. People pointed to past flaws in science and then blamed the scientific method. The method is not at fault, it is people favoring ideas even when contrarian evidence is shown.

Evolution nowadays is a religion. The true believers in it cannot even consider the possibility that it is not the whole truth or that there is something that science cannot answer. I pity them. They have half the truth.
I believe partly in the theory of evolution, but there are big, gaping holes that need to be further addressed. However, because they cannot yet (if ever) be answered does NOT mean that the void MUST be filled with mysticism.

Lastly, there are philosophical arguments that strongly suggest the existence of an immaterial aspect to the side of man which opens the door to a spiritual side.
Apparently these arguments are not so strong as to sway me, and trust me, I have done tons of reading, meditating, fasting, pondering, introspecting, etc.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#762602 - 07/20/02 03:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Most people can easily differentiate between these superficial effects and the far deeper and more powerful experience of communication with aliens.

Most people? And we know who these people are? So then if some people are mistaken, then the possibility exists that all could be mistaken.

A handful of people on mushrooms have had the powerful experience of wanting to kill another or to take their own lives. So much for those authentic feelings...

--------------------

Edited by Swami (07/20/02 03:42 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#762612 - 07/20/02 03:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Some of us will be able to access furthur into these realms than others.

So let me understand here. When you call me a "fucking asshole, "a retard", and "totally stupid" you are displaying how far above me that you have spiritually advanced? Perhaps you could share some of these techniques that have allowed you to drop your ego and to feel loving and compassionate towards everything and everyone.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (07/20/02 03:36 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#762617 - 07/20/02 03:37 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you fail to recognize the spiritual world which you live in just as much as the physical, perhaps you should pay closer attention

To what?

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #762623 - 07/20/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order