Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Swami]
    #758899 - 07/19/02 10:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You don't know diddle about my mind. Why not speak of that which you know? Are you open-minded to the possibility that you are delusional when it comes to aliens?
You act as though most of us here think what we believe is a normal thing for everyone to believe. We know what we believe and experience is uncommon and makes us sound delusional but were the ones going through it all so we have more say on whether it is bullshit or not. Sure you can sit there and criticize and rip our beliefs a part but we all know inside everyone theres a part of you that knows theres more to life than just the everyday scientific explanations. You know why science hasn't come up with a reason for shroom trips? because there isn't one. Sure theres may be *chemical* reasons why you trip but that doesn't even come close to explaining why you experience the things you experience. If things were as simple as chemical reactions...lol what would provoke a thought itself? I find it 'highly illogical' chemicals can create thought. Though we all know chemicals can create feelings and *provoke* thoughts, but that doesn't come close to explaining what creates the thought itself...and feelings are nothing but senses our BODY has, therefore it is possible to feel something from chemicals. I believe in the soul itself being the only thing that can create thought, thats why we will never be able to make a truely artificial intelligence. Though we can come close by programming and making it mimic to a very high extent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: ]
    #758901 - 07/19/02 10:06 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Though we all know chemicals can create feelings and *provoke* thoughts, but that doesn't come close to explaining what creates the thought itself

What's the difference between creating a thought and provoking a thought?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Sclorch]
    #758911 - 07/19/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

provoking a thought being influencing it. I should have clarified that

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Swami]
    #759030 - 07/19/02 11:00 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Uh huh. The first humans ever contacted would most certainly NOT have believed in their existence (you cannot believe in something for which there was no precedent), thus precluding first contact

You say first people wouldn't thought of it. BUT WHY ARE WE THINKING OF ALIENS NOW? Because somone has thought before?

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #759039 - 07/19/02 11:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Clear as mud now...

You'll have to do better than that.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #759236 - 07/19/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

When you disagree with another's belief system, you call it explaining the truth to the delusional.

When a "believer" disagrees with your point of view. You call it making an attack.

Doesn't really make sense does it...

--------------------

Anonymous

#759263 - 07/19/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Clear as mud now...You'll have to do better than that.

Aww..is little sclorchy having trouble understanding what's going on around him again? They're so cute at that age..

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #759579 - 07/19/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Aww..is little sclorchy having trouble understanding what's going on around him again? They're so cute at that age..

Nice ad hominem. No, really.
Seeing as how I was being civil to you, I guess you didn't understand that YOUR statement was unclear. I just wanted to know the details (read biochemistry) of what it means for a chemical to "provoke" or "influence" a thought. I guess it's beyond your explanatory abilities. Sorry I exposed your limits... I was just curious.

--------------------

Anonymous

#759639 - 07/19/02 04:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh really now that is what you wanted to know? strange because all I read was..
"What's the difference between creating a thought and provoking a thought? "
I explained and you were still confused. And yes, I did use some sarcasm in my post as you do so often but now that you've been gotten you cry, funny how my sarcasm still holds its point.
But to answer your next question I just wanted to know the details (read biochemistry) of what it means for a chemical to "provoke" or "influence" a thought.
I'm not a genius nor a biochemist but I do know that when under chemicals such as alcohol, MDMA, LSD, etc. you think VERY differently, therefore it's clear to see they 'influence' thought processing, which is the creation of thought. But what creates thought processing exactly? What kind of explanation can your oh-so-smart-in-biochemistry self tell me about this?

Edited by dustin (07/19/02 04:23 PM)

Offlinellib
journeyman
Loc: florida
Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: EvilGir]
    #759645 - 07/19/02 04:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I would respectfully disagree with the statement that only pluto has an abnormal orbit. Are you aware thatthere is an asteroid belt that has an elliptical orbit which puts its path are perpendiuclar lines with the orbiting planets.

astronomers propose this "debris" through which the earth passes every 13,000 years or so as one of teh explanations for smaller "cataclysmic" events that happen every 13,000 years or thereabouts.

the earth itself has a wobble, that is also why the sun rises in a differnet constellation every 10,000- 13,000 years also at the summer equinox when viewed directly east

this idea of increasingvibrational energies, spiritual awareness, often cited as being predicted by the mayans is interesting to think about. I do believe that teh moon can affect mood and awareness, it certainly can affect the tides. We are made up of quite a bit of water. The only explanation that I have read for this change are the following.

1) cataclysmic events occur periodically every 13k years because of our earth crossing the path of this "debris"
2) cataclysmic events are thought to occur, the big ones, every 30 million years, from larger "debris" because our solar system also rotates around the galactic center and every 30 million years our solar system apparently passes through a debris laden part of the galaxy

so thi smight explain chnage sthat occur because of being struck by comets or atseroids ect, in conjunction with this, volcanic eruptions, tidal waves, atmospheric changes ect, possible earth criust displacemnt ect, possible polarity changes

however the other events that are occuring that I believe may somehow be linked, are related to sunspots. Apparently, there is an increasing number of sunspots that have begun occuring and are predicted to occur and increase through 2012 or thereabouts.

if sunspots, which are though to be solar flares, and give off magnetic energies, are increasing, I can fathom how this increase or chnage in magnetic fields may cause a chnage.

i am still searching to find out how these phyiscal events are related to a spiritual awakening, enlightenment, quickening that so many of the "new age spiritualist" expound.

I do believe it is occuring but havent figure out just how and/or why. The mayans do speak of the c5 cycles of teh sun. apparently, we are in the end of the 5th cycle. according to the mayans, at the end of each sun cycle, there is an apocalyptic event. The end of teh 5th cycle of teh sun coincides with their year of 2012.

i agree with many here who say, well what happens if nothing occurs in 2012. i am not stuck on that year so much as believeing that in general and from a probability standpoint, being stuck by a earth-threatening object is higher than at other tiems because of teh previously stated occurences. It could be that it happens 100 years later. For soem astronomers they feel, that this 'at-risk" period actually started 3,000 years ago.

Some who study geodectics believe that some or all of the megolithic structures built, i.e., pyramids, machu pichu, stonehenge, easter island, structure in cambodia, sunken structure off japan, the central american pyramids, the nazca lines, were built with teh intention of plotting or predicting this events that do so much damage to the present civilizations.

The pyramids are particularly interesting. Apparently, the sphinx points within one radian of due east. Quite remarkable. Apparnetly, when they were built the star chmabers with thir respecticve hsafts were aligned with certain stars. some feel that they are a representation of the three stars in orien's belt and the milky way being the nile.

I would like some more direction into understanding sunspots and teh magnetic fields caused by these events and how they may affect human emotion and awareness. If anyone has any references or links this would be appreciated.

the pyramids

Anonymous

#759720 - 07/19/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Would you believe what one of these beings told you if you knew it wasn't true or couldn't be proven true by empirical methods?

"Well which one is it?"

Either one.

" If I knew it wasn't true, no I would not believe them. But then, I don't know everything. When I am told something in great detail, that rings true inside myself, for a matter which is normally clouded in debate and theories that plague Earth scientists, I tend to view it as holding more water than any of the theories that exist for it. I don't blindly accept everything, but when the facts line up, and the explanations are solid, I accept it as truth more so than the maybe 10 different theories for that same thing."

So what exactly are you using to determine if something is true? When you say something "rings true inside myself" it appears as if you are using intuition but when you say "when the facts line up and the explanations are solid" it appears you are using ordinary reason, ie deductive and inductive logic.

Well which one is it?

If it is an admixture of intuition and logic how to you differentiate where one begins and where the other leaves off?

"Many things can't be proven true using empirical methods. Hell, most of what we think we know about our world is based on a theory which people accept as fact."

I am not sure what you are saying here. What kind of things cannot be proven true using empiricsal methods? And what 'theory' are you referring to?

Are you saying that an experience with these beings requires faith?

"I'm saying an experience with these beings require an open mind"

What is the difference?

As an aside I have met and talked to aliens, at least that's what I thought at the time. My interpretation of the event(s) is different now. After all, the crux is the interpretation, isn't it?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #759764 - 07/19/02 05:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If it is an admixture of intuition and logic how to you differentiate where one begins and where the other leaves off?

It's called Lateralized Thinking, and the balancing force is called Unconditional Love.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Adamist]
    #759773 - 07/19/02 05:28 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That's nice but without any specific definitions your statement is useless.

Would you care to enlighten us?

Offlinellib
journeyman
Loc: florida
    #759784 - 07/19/02 05:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I would like to propose that someone explain empirical evidence
as a scientist, empirical evidence is only based upon other human conclsuions , possibly based upon other empirical evidence.
i can tell you as someone who has done quite a bot of scientific research, that what you may believe to be the truth, can often chnage in science

The governments and nobility, sought after the dark ages to send out their great minds, scientist to com eup with answers based upon the scientific method
the scientific method is structured , but believe me can easily be biased, conclusions unfounded and in the end it is only a probability that something occured by chance in a minimal way

from a statistical standpoint, scientis try to propose a null hypotheis, they state that adding x substance does not affect the outcome "y" compared not to adding 'x" substance for a ceratin test.

statisticinas have decided that if something happens within a 95% confidence interval that then it is statistical significnat, meaning tha the chnage found would only happen 5% of teh time by chance.

i have always asked myself when i write papers why is 5% by chnace accpted, why not 10% or 1 %. Does something that is found to be statistically non-significant p<.05 have no meaning. What if the p value was .06. Statistician and robot-like investoigators would outright reject teh studt saying teh there was no casual effect. Simply on the difference of one percentage point.
Additionally, whne you get to the highe levels of scientifc endeavor, for instance i am on an editorial board of a well know scientific journal, th epolitics at that level ar eno different than snad-box politics ....albeit not the rule.

After achieving this level and reading quantum mechanics, i can betetr understand how we as scientist are evolving back to a more spirtual aproach to understanding ourselves and the universe.

quantum mechnaics is meshing with eastern philosphical thought very quickly

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#759800 - 07/19/02 05:37 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A reliance on just one hemisphere of the brain creates an imbalance that will eventually become destructive. Just look at the past two thousand years of male-dominated insanity, for example.

Finally it seems that we as a race are becoming integrated, lateralized, and unified in our thinking. How did this happen? What is the universally unifying force of Creation?

Love.

--------------------

Anonymous

#759802 - 07/19/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So what exactly are you using to determine if something is true? When you say something "rings true inside myself" it appears as if you are using intuition but when you say "when the facts line up and the explanations are solid" it appears you are using ordinary reason, ie deductive and inductive logic.

Well which one is it?

Indeed it is a mixture of intuition and logic, and when both are leaning towards the truth, it holds more water in my mind. Intuition is usually the first to come through, followed by the statement of facts which can be researched. I can tell the difference between the two, because intuition is felt, and logic is processed by the rational mind. They undergo two very different processes in the mind.
To put it another way, I first rely on my instinct, or intuition when processing such information. If my right brain approves, it then moves to the left brain for the information and facts to be analyzed and researched. Ideally, I would like to be able to process the information simultaneously in both sides of the brain, ala integration style, but alas, I am still working on that.

I am not sure what you are saying here. What kind of things cannot be proven true using empiricsal methods? And what 'theory' are you referring to?

Well that depends completely on what specifically you are talking about. I gave such a broad answer becuase I was not sure what things you were reffering to that can be proven true using empirical methods.

Generally, I don't recieve information like mathematical formulas that humans have not yet decoded.. at least not to my knowledge. I do, however, recieve a plethora of information regarding spiritual orientation, the process of reincarnation and evolution, the expansion of consciousness and subsequent ascension process the Earth is undergoing, how these beings travel through hyperspace, the true history of Earth and origin of life, how the Universe was created, how to help other beings find the inner god within themselves, what life and society is like on some of these other planets, general knowledge of densities and frequencies, understanding some of the mysteries of Earth and their function, how the spirit evolves, meditation and visualization techniques for greasing the old chakras, and other related information.

Now, I could give you an in depth analysis of any of these bits of information, but since they have not yet been proven to science by using empirical methods, what good will it do until they are proven? I've tried sharing some of these things on this board specifically, only to be shot down by the skeptics claiming these things have not been proven by mainstream science therefore it is a delusion. I can tell you where to find the sunken city of Atlantis, I can tell you how ships travel through hyperspace and light years in a split second, I can tell you what is underneath the Sphinx... does any of this matter? Until they are discovered, I am just another crazy person who talks to imaginary aliens.

I don't say these things to make myself feel big, or to cause controversy. I say them because I believe they are true based on my experience, inuition and research into the matter. I say them because I am trying to get others to awaken to that innate ability that exists within all of us. I am not special. Anyone with the desire can tap into the same channel of information that I do. I say these things because we live in a world of illusions, and it is time to wake the hell up. The world isn't based on material things and logic. That is only one side of the coin. We live in the spiritual world as much as we do the physical, we are just so focused on the physical, we forget about the spiritual sometimes.
When you are asleep and dreaming, you aren't very focused on waking reality are you? Dreams do seem pretty real when you are in them don't they? Well it's time to stop dreaming and wake up, the sun is rising.

As an aside I have met and talked to aliens, at least that's what I thought at the time. My interpretation of the event(s) is different now. After all, the crux is the interpretation, isn't it?

Indeed

Anonymous

Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: Adamist]
    #759820 - 07/19/02 05:48 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you for clearing the matter up.

I understand what you are saying now. However, I have a different take on it. I agree that the force which may bring unification might be love but I am not sure that unification is such a good thing. Somethings cannot be unified. Oil and water alone do not mix. I see us slipping sadly to a non-rational feminist mode. A place where there is no reason but mere feeling. The evidences of this is all around us. However, that is only what my filter allows me to see.

Still, this does not answer my analytical question. How does one discern where intuition should be used and when to use reason.

Am I clear?

BTW, your observation about the different hemispheres is interpreted differently by others. There are many scientists who do not give much credence to the hemisphere paradigm.

Anonymous

Re: The Aliens Are Here [Re: llib]
    #759852 - 07/19/02 06:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i am still searching to find out how these phyiscal events are related to a spiritual awakening, enlightenment, quickening that so many of the "new age spiritualist" expound.

From my perspective, the increase in solar flares, natural disasters, pertubutions of the Earth's magnetic field, etc.. are all related to the approach of the 12th planet, aka Nibiru. The passage of this rogue planet also coincides with our solar system entering into what is known as the "Photon Band" of space, in which our solar system will be in direct view of the Galactic Center, sometimes reffered to as God. To me anyway... "God" is just the center of the Universe. The Great Central Sun.

The Sun plays an important role in our evolution as a species, and it's light contains solar codings which configure and evolves our dna. 3rd density beings would not survive the very intense light emitted from the Great Central Sun. We are being evolved into a higher vibrational frequency in order to not only be able to handle this light physically, but to understand it and use it for our evolution. The Sun is a conscious being, and is aware of all of the happenings in our Galaxy. The Sun also recieves information from other stars, and is effected by them. This foreign mass entering our solar system (Nibiru) was a trigger that tells it that our time is near. The increase in solar flares are directly related to the rate at which we are evolving. They have been getting bigger and more frequent lately, and I can only say that they will get even bigger. The moon also plays a role in this, as it reflects the light from our sun to us and also has a consciousness of its own.
Earth plays the biggest role in this, as it is she that is evolving. It is doing all that it can do to help accelerate our evolution so that we may ascend into 4th density with it. It is a great cosmic party, and we are a few of the dancers.

So if you want a scientific explanation for all of these abnormalities in the weather and the sun, it is because the magnetic pull of the 12th planet is effecting our solar system with its sudden entrance into our very balanced system. Even from long range, it is effecting us.

If you want a spiritual explanation, we have entered the age of Aquarius. We have reached the end of 3rd density on this plane and it is time for us to evolve to a higher level. Our solar system will soon be in direct view of the original creation, so we need to begin taking responsibility for our actions as a species, or we will not evolve. After all, that is one of the main lessons of the 3rd density.

Anonymous

#759861 - 07/19/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Still, this does not answer my analytical question. How does one discern where intuition should be used and when to use reason.

Use your intuition to figure that one out
No seriously, I think you should use them both.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#759908 - 07/19/02 06:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I see us slipping sadly to a non-rational feminist mode. A place where there is no reason but mere feeling. The evidences of this is all around us.

I will not dogmatically attempt to change your opinion.. But my opinion is that we are not slipping into this "non-rational" mode, but rather ascending.
'Mere feeling'? Feeling is a huge part of my life, my friend, and I feel sad for anyone who misses out on the wide varieties of it that are possible. No I don't think we should operate on pure feeling but I also don't think we should operate on pure reason and logic. They balance each other out. It is an exciting and wonderful time to be alive! And that is my opinion.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder