Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: i'm going insane [Re: Robo]
    #7525676 - 10/16/07 09:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Using psychedelics belong to personal option and this is the only reason why one should or should not use them.
If someone who takes a certain psychedelic, has a tough experience, it must be taken to account that it is because that certain someone needs to work something regarding themselves because that was the reason they had a bad experience, and not because the drugs did it.
The difference is enormous and it affects the way we choose to look at life: from a self-empowered perspective or from a weak one. If we blame drugs for our problems then we are in a vulnerable position because we create a habit in always looking for something/someone else responsible for our own misfortune, therefore we will never get to the roots of our problems because we look in the wrong place.
However, if we choose to acknowledge that it is us who need to grow as persons in order to rid our anxieties, then it means that we are in power and not willing to give away our inner freedom.
I was not trying to offend you, but only to set things straight, I am sorry if I sounded aggressive in any way because it was not my intention.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: i'm going insane [Re: iloveboomers]
    #7525791 - 10/16/07 10:06 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

iloveboomers,

Hey, shoot me a pm. If you are willing to work with me, I think I can definitely help you out. I'm a Psych major and a huge psychonaut. I have experienced what you are experiencing - over and over and over again. Don't worry, it's only natural to go insane.

This is the most important thing to remember - If you were once this person, and now you are that person, then, if you want to, you CAN become this person once again. You can always revert yourself, always. If you once were an apple, and now you are a banana, then, if you want to, you can become an apple once again, for you were an apple prior to becoming a banana.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: i'm going insane [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7525830 - 10/16/07 10:18 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
I was not trying to offend you

None taken. All I'm saying is that psychedelic drugs may not be for some people. I know plenty of people that can handle them and even more that can't. Whether you want to look at it as the drugs causing the problem or the individual as the source of the problem, I don't know. :shrug:

What longbottom said makes sense somewhat about it being normal to go crazy. I was totally nuts for a while am still am pretty much, yet I shaped who I became(negative) into what I am now(mostly positive). These substances bring about a new perspective and sometimes an entirely new life depending on the individual in question. Whether you choose to make that change a positive one or a negative one is all up to you, I suppose.

Peace.

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#7525910 - 10/16/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

These substances bring about a new perspective and sometimes an entirely new life depending on the individual in question. Whether you choose to make that change a positive one or a negative one is all up to you, I suppose.

Exactly. Physiologically speaking, psychedelics are relatively safe. Psychologically speaking, psychedelics have the potential to be extremely dangerous. Psychedelics also have the potential to be tremendously beneficial in numerous aspects. The psychedelic doesn't determine the experience, but the person determines the experience. Like Adagio said, there are some people that are meant to take psychedelics, and, well, there are some people that are not meant to take psychedelics.

So, how do you know if somebody is meant to take a psychedelic, and how do you know if somebody is not meant to take a psychedelic? Contriving the answer is quite simple, for it has to do with beliefs. A belief is a restriction. A belief denies opportunistic potential and castrates an open mind. If you believe that you are going to have the best experience in the world when you take that mushroom dose, then you actually will have the best experience in the world. If you think that you are going to develope abnormally large holes in your brain from taking that mushroom dose, then you actually will develope those holes! Belief is very powerful, for it is based upon culture and ideological fanaticism. Sometimes, it is rather hard to cast away a belief because a belief possesses tremendous psycological power. When that individual who believes he has holes in his brain reverts that belief fullheartedly, the holes will dissipate.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: i'm going insane [Re: Feanor]
    #7527104 - 10/17/07 10:15 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

When I was in college, and even years after. I smoked pretty much daily... In the evenings, and what not. And it was something that I looked forward to... That first hit, and my nerves were calmed instantly... A few more tokes and things were funny and good times were had...
Then I decided to quit for various reasons.
Fast Forward a few years, I try to pick it up again after cessation of use for about 3 years, though I was using mushrooms occasionally during this time.
I tried it on multiple occasions and it was no longer the relaxing, laid back feel good buzz I had know it to be.
It makes me feel extreme guilt, paranoia, agitation, panicky and just overall crappy. Then when the effects wear off, I feel like my life force has been drained from my body....
I just can't do the pot anymore.

Offlinefake estate Happy Birthday!
didgin it out
Male

Loc: NC
    #7527416 - 10/17/07 11:54 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

as i read thru these threads I cant help but find the parrellels between the stories of these people and that of my own personal experience of beginning my enlightenment..

as you begin to tear away the social constructs through the use of certain psychedellics you ultimately find yourself with nothing to hold you up...I am just now learning that this is a very important step in learning about yourself, life, and ultimately the universe..

hang in there man, write, draw, meditate, try anything and everything to get your emotions out there..because until then you really dont know what to think at all

--------------------
eat more algae.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #7527450 - 10/17/07 12:03 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

No offense intended but reading that made me think you're an asshole. :tongue: LSD isn't meant to make anybody "normal", if you want to be normal and like everyone else..... don't take LSD. But also you can't pin your issues on a drug itself. There is a reason crazy people like Tim Leary and Hendrix were all about the acid, and there is also a reason the CIA made it illegal after they discovered they couldn't make super soldiers out of people they dosed to hell. Sounds to me like you need to take a break from everything and just figure yourself out first before you go dabbling with very powerful mind-altering substances and depending on them for your happiness. Happiness comes from within.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: i'm going insane [Re: Shroomism]
    #7527562 - 10/17/07 12:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Wow wow wow :what:
Wait a second and don't get all too inflamed.
What does Leary and Hendrix have to do with this guy's experience? :eek:
And calling him an asshole doesn't help either.
He is in that situation and I don't think you understand it well since you concluded that he wants to be "normal" in THAT kind of way.
The gut is obviously scared about the experience he had and it's in human nature, it's instinct, that when we feel threatened we wanna go back to the "safe node". This is basic stuff and it's good to keep in mind how it happens when we deal with situations like these because this way we are more able to treat them properly and acknowledge their evolution.
Now, being all that said, I think that he is exactly in this situation where his instincts are taking over and alert him that he's out of the safe area.
And he needs to realize that this is only a limit he has to overcome because there's nothing scary if he passes beyond it, it's all about learning, assimilating and understanding. Therefore, calling him ignorant, asshole and the like not only that are not true, but it could be also what has the potential to make him even more scared. And obviously rambling about the CIA and how Leary and Hendrix were persecuted have nothing to do with his experience. :lol:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: i'm going insane [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7527643 - 10/17/07 12:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah you're probably right. I'm sorry. I'm the asshole. I didn't call him ignorant though I just said the way I read it made me think of him like an asshole.. just being honest :shrug: But maybe I'm just judgemental.  Truth be told acid is not for everyone especially since it tends to shatter heavy set belief systems.. but I have seen this exact same thing before and usually the person whose life goes on a downward spiral and tries to blame it on acid already has other internal issues they should be dealing with and drugs are not the answer. I mirror one of the other posters above in that he should probably just meditate, get plenty of fresh air and sunshine and exercise, eat healthy food and foods high in omega 3s and whatnot.
"Normal" is overrated anyway. I sure as hell don't want to be normal. But you can't just eat some drugs and think it will fix your problems, that will usually just make it worse. Sorry if I was out of line, it just sounds to me like he needs to not rely on mind altering substances to change his perspective.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7527827 - 10/17/07 01:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

MT has given you some great advice. I'm pressed for time at the moment, unfortunately, but I'd like to say that, from reading your posts, I sense that you are an intelligent individual, and that I think you are simply caught in a negative feedback loop - it is actually a great opportunity for bettering yourself, if you know how to address it. :smile:

It sounds like your bad trip on acid is certainly the root of your present life situation, but the real issue is what is compounding it. I don't know your thoughts, but I would assume that, for instance, if you feel lonely, you start to identify with that, and you feel more lonely, and more isolated.

The important, crucial thing, however, is where you go from here. I think you need to find comfortable, or at least neutral, surroundings. When you are around your friends, and they notice that is something is wrong, and you become frightened because they think that, and become more stressed and worried, thereby making them think you are getting worse... its a negative feedback loop. :wink:

Do you mind if I ask you a good question? :smile: Who do you want to be? How would you like to experience life? What kind of personality attracts you? What positive traits have you exhibited previously? What kind of goals would you like to have, what kind of experiences would you like to look forward to? You don't have to answer here if you don't want to, as long as you start thinking about them, but I would love to hear! :smile: :thumbup:

Like MT has suggested, I think it would be a good idea to take some time away from friends, from situations that are making you feel so uncomfortable. It is difficult to socialize when we do not feel comfortable with who we are, and trying to force it as though it is a problem that needs to be solved can only make it worse. You need to find yourself and your center in being. :smile: Get a big notebook and explore yourself. I think it might be more effective to unravel your situation, not by taking it on as it presently is, but by looking forward to a better life situation, and starting to work on being that. :wink:

Most importantly, the thoughts you tell yourself create you. Thought patterns that have been reinforced, with time and emotion, might carry some momentum, and make it more difficult to introduce new, positive thoughts, but that is all the more reason to build momentum underneath them. :yesnod:

There isn't anything wrong with you, dude. :smile: You've had a negative experience and it is providing you a great opportunity for growth and development. I know it will sound cheesy, but it makes me think of a line from Batman Begins - "And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up.". :hehehe:

Good luck dude, there is a great community here that will support you, so feel free to seek us out. :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: i'm going insane [Re: iloveboomers] * 1
    #7527904 - 10/17/07 02:01 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

iloveboomers said:
and decided to take my mom's depression pills today. It hasn't really worked.

Anti-depressants are specifically designed to not work as a quick fix, they only start working after you take them for several weeks. Don't take them unless you are prescribed them. If you think you need to be on anti-depressants, than go see a psychiatrist and they will put you on them, nothing wrong with that I have been there. But taking a dose of someone else's medication out of the blue is not going to make things better and could easily produce a lot of unhealthy side effects. So please, leave your moms pills alone.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: i'm going insane [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7530344 - 10/18/07 07:44 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Just wanted to chip in that if you feel awkward talking to people, and don't feel like being around them... that's ok! Maybe you need some alone time.. just to yourself.. go hiking for a day... maybe plan a camping trip, do something away from your home and regular life so you can get that outside perspective, if just for a day.

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: i'm going insane [Re: chodamunky]
    #7530440 - 10/18/07 08:39 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It could be that at this stage of your life you cant handle all this information all at once, or possibly your brains chemistry has become temporarily out of whack, either way, stop taking drugs so your brain can return to a state you are more used to. From the sounds of things you are getting to a point where you are finding things very hard to cope with, close to a kind of breaking point, if you do feel like this, in my opinion you should see a doctor or a therapist. Make sure they really care about you and respect that you are going through a very hard time, they should want to see you regularly to make sure nothing goes wrong and that your ok, they shouldnt talk to you then send you out the door to deal with this on your own. If your at a crisis point its important that you reach out for professional help, they are like a safety net.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies