Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping and driving [Re: thunderfox]
    #11883227 - 01/23/10 12:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thunderfox said:
Quote:

Freedom said:
Quote:

Enlightenedwon said:
You're being overly dramatic.

Really? Tell that to the pregnant woman who was killed by a driver on acid or the Australian bike rider who was killed by a driver on acid.

I hate people that argue like you. Of course you can find particular cases that support your point of view. But they fucking do not have any informative value. You just picked "the right ones", like manipulating media would do - emotional particular cases. You could work for trash TV, people like you create the disturbed view on drugs, with the same methods.

I don't want to say that you are wrong, I just want to say that your argumentation is shit and you should be shot.

my argument is that driving on psychedelics is not only risky for yourself but for other people on the road. My evidence is my own experience, group consensus and all you have to do is look at some of the posts in this thread to see evidence of it. The examples I posted are not evidence for my argument, but examples of why my perspective is not overly dramatic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethunderfox
Student of Perception
Loc: Germany
Re: Tripping and driving [Re: Freedom]
    #11883246 - 01/23/10 12:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Freedom said:
[...]bla bla bla[...] The examples I posted are not evidence for my argument, but examples of why my perspective is not overly dramatic.

So it is not evidence for your argument, but shows that your argument is corret? Do you know what evidence is?

To just show particular very emotional cases is still what one would consider a "overly dramatic argumentation".

--------------------
Trading B+ spore prints.
Looking for Penis Envy print.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11883267 - 01/23/10 12:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

dude what about the pregnant woman with a 2 year old passenger that killed the everyday average normal guy going to work media doesnt harp about that.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineFreedom
Male User Gallery

#11883277 - 01/23/10 12:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ok what I wrote may not have been clear.

there are two arguments. the main argument is that this endagers other people and this example you do not like is not part of that argument.

the second argument is that I am not being overly dramatic. Are you saying that the fact that people can die has no relevance to whether the first position is overly dramatic or not?

Offlinethunderfox
Student of Perception
Re: Tripping and driving [Re: thedudenj]
    #11883299 - 01/23/10 01:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the main argument is that this endagers other people and this example you do not like is not part of that argument.

You don't understand why i hate your argumentation. there are two reason:
- It works on most people (stupid average people)
- But it has no informative value because that are just particular cases

Quote:

thedudenj said:
dude what about the pregnant woman with a 2 year old passenger that killed the everyday average normal guy going to work media doesnt harp about that.

If your cannot process the given information in your mind, better say nothing. I did not say that this was in the media. Its about the abstract method of argumentation that he uses, which is also used by media.

--------------------
Trading B+ spore prints.

OfflineFreedom
Male User Gallery

#11883313 - 01/23/10 01:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thunderfox said:
Quote:

the main argument is that this endagers other people and this example you do not like is not part of that argument.

You don't understand why i hate your argumentation. there are two reason:
- It works on most people (stupid average people)
- But it has no informative value because that are just particular cases

Quote:

thedudenj said:

If your cannot process the given information in your mind, better say nothing. I did not say that this was in the media. Its about the abstract method of argumentation that he uses, which is also used by media.

so you are opposed to using specific examples to illustrate any argument at all?

Offlinethunderfox
Student of Perception
    #11883334 - 01/23/10 01:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Freedom said:
so you are opposed to using specific examples to illustrate any argument at all?

No, I am opposed to using particular cases as "proof" for a statement about the general situation. :spank:

--------------------
Trading B+ spore prints.

OfflineFreedom
Male User Gallery

#11883368 - 01/23/10 01:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well i think your just looking for an argument, especially since you missunderstood thedudenj

Offlinethunderfox
Student of Perception
    #11883394 - 01/23/10 01:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Freedom said:
well i think your just looking for an argument, especially since you missunderstood thedudenj

Actually I think arguing can be fun if you don't take it too seriously, but I do not think that I misunderstand thedudenj.

--------------------
Trading B+ spore prints.

OfflineFreedom
Male User Gallery

#11883404 - 01/23/10 01:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

there is a difference between debate and argument

Offlinethunderfox
Student of Perception
    #11883414 - 01/23/10 01:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Freedom said:
there is a difference between debate and argument

In my vocabulary it was (nearly) the same. English is a foreign language for me.

--------------------
Trading B+ spore prints.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11883992 - 01/23/10 06:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i think its totally similar to drinking and driving in the way i can legally in most states drink enough to have a good buzz and drive. but driving while shit faced is dangerous. as where with a buzz not so much.

its all proportional. you say that its a danger to lives isnt driving period a danger to lives what re you gona do if something on the roar cuts your tire and you loose control killing someone.

personally i was in a snow storm and hit a tree lost control of my veichel for a few moments but regained it i did about a 720 on a 2 lane highway leaving guard rail or huge trees to hit both would wreck me. any who... i totally stayed i the lines and did a controlled spin out regaining control and stopping my car backwards in a lane. pretty much a tree came down blocking both lanes of traffic yet it was a snow strom 3 inches of snow on the road atleast. and the normal speed limit 60 so i was going about 40. if all honesty if i was tripping or rolling on some amazing ecstasy it wouldnt of made much of a difference when in a situation like that that stuff gets canceled out and reflexes take over. i do agree if was tanked tho from booze i wouldnt of been able to function or tripping balls so hard i cant comprehend hend the world but tripping slightly at a controllable level totally wouldnt of changed the out come.

theres a kicker to it all but ill wait to say it. btw the tree branch that smashed into my windshield at that speed luckily didnt crack it or really damage it, i just got a bent antenna. but its like when the snows that deep its riskeir to hit the brake. i also hit a deer on the high way at 65 before totally didnt lose control at all but did fuck up my car.

any who

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinekaste
six-nine power slider
Male

Loc: Latvia Flag
    #11884009 - 01/23/10 07:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Keep your trips to your own privacy and don't endager ppl around you. If somebody want's to drive tripping do it in an enclosed place where you and others are safe.

--------------------

It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#11884043 - 01/23/10 07:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I just want to throw my two cents into the arguement, and then never post in this stupid thread again.

If you drive while on drugs or alcohol.

You are an idiot.

( edited out rant about how stupid some people are )

Look, if you are "cool" and "can handle it" thats fine.

But, do know that is your ego talking.... which the drugs would love to destroy. :mushroom2:

So get over yourself asshole, remeber, there are OTHER people in this world too. You selfish prick.

Maybe then..... the light of reason..... a glimmer of rational...

...Will illuminate your world, allow you to see things as they are, and not how you have ficitonalized around the great center of your universe...... your "character", which is WAYYYYYY over-acted anyway.

Maybe you will eventually grow up and getting fucked up and engaging in dangerous tasks, wont make you more of a man than you are now.

BTW, using a story about a person who got killed while some fag was on acid "having fun".

IS EVIDENCE.

It is a specific CASE that supports the GENERAL idea.

If I find 3 more stories like it.... now we have STATISTICS.

I guess people drinking and driving and getting into accidents is just some RANDOM event with no corelation at all to the drivers level of intoxication?

Puh-lease.

The idea that "people always die" makes it "ok"

Kill yourself. It isnt any big deal. Shoot yourself in the head right now...... people always die.

Still kinda sounds INSANE and RETARDED doesnt it? :confused:

LoL, anywayaz, i edited out my origional rant, but you get this one instead

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Tripping and driving [Re: Shad0w]
    #11884108 - 01/23/10 08:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

dude its legal to drive on alcohol:confused:

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #11886011 - 01/23/10 04:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yea but blood alcohol level is different for everyone tho at court everyone there is there because of driving over the limit its fuggin scary those are just the average ones, the other ones are in jail or just killed like 1 or 2 people, it looks like a kamikaze attack, Ive been told. Now those people are mentally ill, theyre straight up tards conciously.

If you abuse drugs or drive like your having a period, you shouldnt be allowed to drive

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Tripping and driving [Re: Konyap]
    #11886058 - 01/23/10 04:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i totally never have been arrested for above the limit but totally have been pulled over while alcohol in was in my system the last time was cause dumb drunk bitch drama. my girl friend decided she was gona get out the car at this red light to go pee. i pulled over , the cops pulled me over. then i had to explain the drunk bitch drama as she had snuk beer in my car and had open containers on the passenger side floor that i wasnt aware of. so they were all up on my shit. any who i was let go fine after the did their test casue they knew if they blood tested me id be fine. they were a bit angery they couldnt get me cause the law. i had a awesome buzz tho it was being killed by the drunk bitch shit

--------------------

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping and driving [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #11886066 - 01/23/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

boxcarguy07 said:
I recall on my first (and only) acid trip saying that "I could drive right now if I had to do it to save my mother's life."

But no, I would never ever drive while tripping. Driving after smoking is bad enough for me (I can do it, but don't because it makes me really nervous... it used to be extremely enjoyable, esp. in my convertible on a warm night, but I don't know what happened, it's not anymore)

But would you do it to save your mothers life? :confused:

--------------------
I M A B I R T H D A Y C A N D L E I N A C I R C L E O F B L A C K G I R LS

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
Re: Tripping and driving [Re: ILoveThomYorke]
    #11886262 - 01/23/10 05:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

DEFINATELY DO NOT TRIP AND DRIVE, ESPECIALLY ON MODERATE DOSES

I was confused on how stop lights operated one time, i didnt want to break the law so i found myself stopping at all the greenlights, confronting the person i was with wether we should "go" or not. So here we are, stopping in the middle of intersections, going into deep conversations about what green, red, and yellow meant.

The lanes in the road looked TWICE AS WIDE, i swear i could swerve back and forth so far in my lane without crossing lines. Who knows what this would have looked like to other drivers and how dangerous it could have been if we werent out in a deserted part of town late at night.

These two incidents happened after an 8th of penis envy cubensis when i was younger. :grin:

I also was driving next to the ohio river once after eating a quarter of cubes and almost rear ended the car in front of me because i was so concerened about the barge that was sinking in the river, and wondering why nobody was trying to help. Of course this was pure delusion and confusion, the barge wasnt sinking and would have found myself in a bad situation in front of the cops if i would have hit that car.

Dont do it kids, this was years ago, i wouldent have put myself in those situations if i wouldent have had to, but nothing can back the experience up.

:heart:

InvisibleEnlightenedwon
Game Over
Male User Gallery

Loc: New York
Re: Tripping and driving [Re: ILoveThomYorke]
    #11886292 - 01/23/10 05:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Theres no winning an argument with these softies, they're just gonna keep waving their tampons around.  The point is people lose control on or off substances just turn on your local news to see, shit in my city at any given time 1/3 drivers is inebriated.  Also you're a moron for comparing driving on psychedelics to alcohol as they are complete opposites.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom