Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: stxlacrosse022]
    #7528102 - 10/17/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The first four bonnaroos I attended I drove 26 hours each way.
(Maine). So 3.5 hours is an awesome luxury.
In fact, you live closer than most people who attend at that
distance. So count yourself lucky if anything.

As said above, Bonnaroo is a place where you can be free.
Be yourself in any aspect. It's a true wonder that I look forward
too all year long. Bonnaroo in many ways is my sanity, my realease
for one week a year. My vacation. I love it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: monstermitch]
    #7528209 - 10/17/07 03:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

3.5 hrs is a dream. i attended when i lived in TN and it was 3.5 hours for me then. christ.

i used to go to Bonnaroo as my vacation but it never felt like a vacation. it is a journey and can be grueling. by the time sunday rolls around you just want to crawl into a shower and then roll into a clean bed. you sure as hell aren't looking forward to several hours in a cramped vehicle.

i might consider going again if they could can put together a less redundant lineup.
as it is i'm in the market for new thrills. i got tired of the 'roo after a few stints.

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: debianlinux]
    #7528326 - 10/17/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Not even 1.5 hr there for me.

Go VIP, its the only way honestly. Nothing like a touch of sanity at the end of a long night.

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #7528334 - 10/17/07 03:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

As mitch said above, Bonnaroo is a complete release from this tense dog-eat-dog world. I have never felt so refreshed and re-energized for life afterwards and during. I have big anxiety issues and my anxiety literally melts as I'm walking around Roo. Complete mental relaxation.

Offlineclorox
Crossing theDoors ofPerception
Male

Loc: The Other Side
Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: john706]
    #7528812 - 10/17/07 06:18 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

its a good time, but theres absolutley no escape from the heat, and its one of the more expensive festivals, and tons of scammers, i find that the smaller to medium sized festis are more fun

--------------------

These walls, such they be, are crawling with geometric hallucinations.

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: clorox]
    #7528847 - 10/17/07 06:34 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

clorox said:
its a good time, but theres absolutley no escape from the heat, and its one of the more expensive festivals, and tons of scammers, i find that the smaller to medium sized festis are more fun

Though i have not been to bonnaroo. i have been to some big festivals and i would agree here. 

The smaller to medium size festivals are often more fun.  But you don't see any big bands.

What i hate is that these smaller ones happen all around and i don't hear of most of them 'till its to late.  Is there a resource for finding festivals or do i just have to be in the know?

Cause if i have to be in the know, i'll probably be missing a lot more of them.  :grin:

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

Offlinemorphius2661
Basic Psychonaut
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NC
Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: Nephlyte]
    #7528980 - 10/17/07 07:18 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Jambase.com is a pretty decent resource, I used it to find local shows/fests i'd be interested. It doesnt have everything though.

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the estabilished authorities are wrong."

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: morphius2661]
    #7529038 - 10/17/07 07:31 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Last year was my first year and it was seriously the best time of my life. I am already preparing for next year.

Since it was our first year, we were completely unprepared. We didnt even have a shade tent. 2008 is gonna be so much better just because i know what to expect this time.

Fuck, its so far away, it was 13 hours on the way there, and 9 on the way back, just because we were eager to get clean and sleep in a bed.

Save all your goodies for late-night, and then smoke weed all day. It's a good idea to take naps around centeroo. Try and snag a couch at the cinema tent(I was luckily enough to grab one right after mule. 8 couches, and 80,000+ people. I didn't get up till the next day.

I'm rambling, but Bonnaroo is fuckign awesome, and any who is a member of this forum will definetly enjoy it!

Edited by marshalldylan1 (10/17/07 07:34 PM)

Offlinestxlacrosse022
your localshroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: john706]
    #7531483 - 10/18/07 02:33 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

o well hopefully everyone will have fun and if anyone got any tim learoy things...

Offlineshiznackazane
Stranger
    #7613959 - 11/09/07 07:19 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hello everyone--first post here.  This year was my first Bonnaroo (actually, my first big festival) and I had the time of my life.  Great music, great candy, and for the most part great people.

I didn't have any huge problems with security, from what I heard all weekend they were trying to nail the big sellers rather than the 70,000 people tripping their asses off.

I also attended a smaller art festival in July called Transformus (southeast regional burning man in western NC)and had an equal if not more fantastic time.  What's great about Transformus is the gift economy--there isn't one jerk in the place.  Everywhere I walked people would offer their food, their candy, and even their clothing.  No money is to be used whatsoever once inside.  If you've never spent some time with Lucy in the sky and watched a dozen people spin fire, then you simply haven't lived. :smile:

But back to Bonnaroo..I'm counting down the days until 2008.  As others have said its truly a time to let go and be free.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: shiznackazane]
    #7614821 - 11/09/07 11:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Eh, bring some kind of tent to shade you from the sun during the day. There are only trees on the outskirts of the camping area, and people grab those spots right away. The sun can really get brutal there, very brutal. When I went a few years ago I was just with some druggy kids who just went there to score drugs and not see any of the music. Had a lame time. I was amused by the fact they kept coming back to our camping area with bunk sheets of acid and such. They wouldn't listen to me about how to score decent drugs. They spent their whole time scoring bunk drugs and then selling them back to other people ripping them off. Bunk blotter, bunk gels, bunk molly, it was pathetic. Worst festival experience of my life really, only because of the people I went with. I did not know any of them before hand, and left with them on a wims notice. Turns out they stole a huge supply of dex pills before they left for the fest and took them everyday everynight, so on more than one occassion I almost just ditched them all including the person I drove my truck up there with (a nightmare-girlfriend who was flirting and kissing with every guy she met right in front of me). It was f.cking pathetic. They scored a half tank of nitrous that was sold to them as a full tank and they thought it was too-cool to sell balloons, I thought they were lamo's, I had spent years touring concerts and festivals and have no interest in the balloon scene anymore. They lost money on the deal and probably never had the gas money to make it home, f.cking losers. But Ive been to about a dozen other festivals where I had a great time. But I would never go back to bonnaroo, its too hot and sunny during the day for me to enjoy.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Bonnaroo 2008 [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #7614970 - 11/09/07 12:10 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i went to 04 bonnaroo. Music was great, too many people, too hot, too big for me tho. Had a good time with my friends but i wont go back. Id rather go to the smaller shows around my area, i always have more fun at those events.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#7615324 - 11/09/07 01:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Been there from 2004 to 2007. Great music, good atmosphere, fun people. Won't be able to make it next year because I need to focus on school during the summer semester. Come prepared with plenty of shade (gazebos, tarps and ropes, etc.), plenty of water, and sunscreen. There is so much stuff going on that sometimes it's hard to decide what you want to do next!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom